Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Here's some demon bracers not covered in chinese:

And for anyone wondering: Yea there ****. The neg level was not removed for the epic version like it should of been.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If you are really going to take over, and actually do something I suggest you actually make your own repository of images rather than just utterly hijacking his.
    What purpose would it serve for the OP to ask players to re-submit images for this thread serve? Dragon did a nice service for the community with his post. I'm pretty sure he didn't claim intellectual property rights on images submitted to him for his thread.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    What purpose would it serve for the OP to ask players to re-submit images for this thread serve? Dragon did a nice service for the community with his post. I'm pretty sure he didn't claim intellectual property rights on images submitted to him for his thread.
    *yawn* The op can go through and gather the images himself, and then using those same images re link to his own repository.

As he's got a base page, persay, it isn't hard to have a crawler go through to gather them all for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    I guessed it was that too - but no reason in my mind to exclude the images since they contain the required information. At the time it did irk me a bit that he was obviously excluding them because of the Chinese on the image. But I think that discussion is a topic for another thread.

Garth
    Heck, the other thread was polluted with peoples' opinions on what should or shouldn't be put on gear. Shade is already contributing such here. So why shouldn't it be part of this thread also?

If the op wants to have non uniform pictures with some other website's logo splashed all over it, that is up to the op. Next we'll have players splashing their own personal logo on pictures to show "hey, I was here first! ha!". What would it matter? *shrug*

*yawn* The op can go through and gather the images himself, and then using those same images re link to his own repository.

As he's got a base page, persay, it isn't hard to have a crawler go through to gather them all for him.
    So your issue is with the linking to the old images as opposed to them being copied into a new database? Web tech is hardly my area of expertise so I'm trying to wrap my mind around why this matters.

So your issue is with the linking to the old images as opposed to them being copied into a new database? Web tech is hardly my area of expertise so I'm trying to wrap my mind around why this matters.
    It shouldn't. The work's been done, so why should it be done again? It shouldn't. Nice Job OP.

And as stated by the OP, he's not replacing, just helping out until Dragon.Star (hopefully) comes back. If not, then maybe it would be appropriate to redo it all, but until then, I see no problem with how it's being handled.
    Last edited by Belwaar; 05-17-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Who's "space" is the image residing in? I know it isn't the OPs. I'm assuming it is Dragon.Stars. If the responsibility passes, so should the responsibility of storage. It may be that the "owership" of storage may just be passed over. This is between the OP and Dragon.Star.

The op understands this.

Community Member

I preffer to have image over not having one.
    I preffer plain clear image over watermarked/blurry/Unclear/Small/ Image with added Icons/Text/
    So if you post one like that i will try to find better one and change it.

I just want to have easy to search database.

BTW if you see any spelling errors, don't hesistate to type them, it makes searching easier.

The previous thread was polluted and which makes it harder to find information.
    It's up to you thou if you polute this one too, I would preffer you do it in some other threads.
    If i miss some information because of it, hopefully somene will point it out.

So Epic versrion text should state:
    Epic Bracers of Demon's Consort - (Bracers) Demonic Curse, Demonic Shield, Demonic Retribution, Itnimidate +11, Empty Colorless Augment Slot, Empty Yellow Augment Slot <<Hidden Effect: Demon Consort>>

Could somone Type what Demon Consort does btw, i dont see it stated in Dragon thread.

Edit.

Main problem with images is:
    they are property of the person which posted them.
    They can do anything with them [ assuming they are posted on their private site]
    or the site on which they are uploaded might just delete them.
    If they would be in one database it would be easier to manage them if something happends.
    But.
    Its 1-2-3 maybe more days of work since i would need to do it manualy and i just dont want to do it.
    Might be easier to just Repost images that get deleated or unaccesible.
    Finding program that will download whole first page with all level 1 links is easier.
    But i still hope Dragon will change his mind and come back, and problem will go away
    Last edited by Shiler; 05-17-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiler View Post
    So Epic versrion text should state:
    Epic Bracers of Demon's Consort - (Bracers) Demonic Curse, Demonic Shield, Demonic Retribution, Itnimidate +11, Empty Colorless Augment Slot, Empty Yellow Augment Slot <<Hidden Effect: Demon Consort>>

Could somone Type what Demon Consort does btw, i dont see it stated in Dragon thread.
    Demon Consort doesn't seem to be an official name, the in-game hidden effect is listed as this:
    Cursed Level Drain: Each time the player equipping this item is hit there is a small chance it will drain 1 level (no save, nothing wards).
    BTW: Bete Noir has exactly the same curse, but the item is so bad that nobody cared to check it.

Dragon didn't want to use those due to the fact of the marker on them.
    like anyone really cares about the markers on it. if they want to see item they want to see item regardless of how/who posted it.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwolf View Post
    like anyone really cares about the markers on it. if they want to see item they want to see item regardless of how/who posted it.
    I care as it looks like an advertisment in the first one Garth posted.

My thoughts are take these flawed images if no others exist and if a better (no writing on it, base item without upgrades, clearer, better resolution) one is available replace it. That way some one who wants to advertise a website can get away with it for as long as it takes some one else to post a cleaner version.

So far the Op, Cyr, and myself care about it, and I think Dragon.Star did as well.

OP, the Seraphim mask is apparently awol for a picture also.

So far the Op, Cyr, and myself care about it, and I think Dragon.Star did as well.

OP, the Seraphim mask is apparently awol for a picture also.
    so 2 out of the 800+ views so far? i can live with that. and i know the op in game. he wil ltake whichever screenshot he can get. so he doesnt really care as long as he gets one.

lighten up this isa game forum, who cares if someone gets free advertising. it in no way impacts your game enjoyment. and if ads do impact the way you enjoy things, then give up tv, internet, and print publications.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

lighten up this isa game forum, who cares if someone gets free advertising. it in no way impacts your game enjoyment. and if ads do impact the way you enjoy things, then give up tv, internet, and print publications.
    or be a pirate!

tv - pirate tv doesn't have ads =) (usually there cut) Else if u prefer legit way.. you can use a pvr and skip them.
    internet - firefox + adblockplus. I haven't seen ads in years.
    print? What is this print you speak of? heh.. you could just tear the ads out =)

btw Friend of mine has like every desert epic so I can get clean pics of pretty much every item missig one just need to ask him.

so 2 out of the 800+ views so far? i can live with that. and i know the op in game. he wil ltake whichever screenshot he can get. so he doesnt really care as long as he gets one.

Emm...

I preffer to have image over not having one.
    I preffer plain clear image over watermarked/blurry/Unclear/Small/ Image with added Icons/Text/
    So if you post one like that i will try to find better one and change it.
    So not only can you not count, but you don't bother to read. Bravo.

FYI, I pretty much have given up on TV and print publications. Internet is ad and java filtered.

Community Member

OK guys.
    Rule number 1.
    I'm lazy.

I will take whatever screen shot i get of items that are without picture.

[ spyder is right here]
    rule 2.
    I like pretty things.

But if you submit or if i get better one then one available i will post the better one.

[ Missing_Minds right here]

Yes i want clear images no, i wont spend 20+ hours on getting one screen shot.

I got Mail from Tolero, one of informations was we will be able to put SS in Compendium,
    IMOit would make the Database SS problem go away, since each person taking over from me would have easy accessible database with SS in compendium.
    Last edited by Shiler; 05-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

IMOit would make the Database SS problem go away, since each person taking over from me would have easy accessible database with SS in compendium.
    Yea.

Tho keep in mind it isn't an issue for the screenshots i donated. At least most of them. As they were just annonymously uploaded to imageshack, they will be there forever. No one can delete those images that aren't tied to an account.

I'll post screenies of Epic Dustless Boots and Epic Torc tonight.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

The Old Dreamspitter

These have been modified to be glass and retitled "Dreamsplitter". I don't have a screenshot of that, but I'm sure someone could supply one. This is not dropping any more.

New Dreamsplitter
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

I downloaded and zipped up all the images that are linked, total size is about 77 megs, if anyone is interested in the file, PM me with a location to send it to (email won't work, too big).

I also found that 4 links are bad:

Disc of Lesser acid resistance
    Enchanted Darkleaf banded mail
    Brooch of Water breathing
    Tome of Clear thought +2

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast