Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSA-New People Joining LFMS Etitquette

If an LFM clearly States what quest is being done, please don't join and beg to do a different quest and try to get everyone else to quit to do a different quest, especially if you are the last person and people are already inside the quest. . . Start your OWN LFM. A suggestion for the NEXT quest is always welcome, but trying to get a whole party to ditch the current quest is rude.

Also, please don't beg to have the star I'm not sure why anyone would really want it, but the fact that you beg for it makes me think that you really should NOT have it.

I am a glutton, and I pug a lot of stuff while leveling to try and meet new people, but the above is happening to me so much its finally reached it's boiling point and Ive had to dismiss people because they were so bad with this crazy begging.

Is this a New kind of RP? If so pray tell, what is it called?
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

pass star plz. I wanna invite some friends to this thread.

Community Member

moops...can you be a dear and pass star and recall out of instance for me

You know whats out there....so do i...but it is like a train wreck...horrid to watch...but i cant avert my eyes.

yeah we had this happen to us too when we ran something the other night on our TRs....very strange. I really like it when they join a LFM that says FAST...in progress,keep up.....then ask for a share and where is quest....I wish I had Jedi powers......"This is not the LFM you're looking for"...make life easier for both parties.
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

Which forum thread is this?
    Dielution - Gyries
    Sarlona
    Phank On

I'm going to stay here on page 1 of this thread and pike, and then when it reaches 5 pages long and you've all recalled I'll go right to the end and loot the rep. Oh and you can't boot me from the thread, sorry.

Garth

p.s. share plz.

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Where is this quest located?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Instead of talking about the OP, can we discuss the fact the people CONSISTENTLY join LFMs that say "know what you're doing", die at the first mob and then admit they don't know what they're doing?

I think it's a much more interesting topic than the OP, so let's discuss that instead.

/derail

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    Also, please don't beg to have the star I'm not sure why anyone would really want it, but the fact that you beg for it makes me think that you really should NOT have it.
    Our guild constantly fights over the star. It's like a game of musical chairs and the loser is the one that ends up stuck with it when the music stops.

R u n00bs finished with this thread yet? I could have soloed it faster. Pass the star please....
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Is this thread F2P?

Share plz

can someone buy me a guest pass for this thread?

Driving the Clown car in the skies above Sarlona!

Talking

Now that I posted, I am on timer for another 2 days and 18 hours!
    Castagir (completionist), leader of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Other alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others. http://fightingclownsofsarlona.webs.com/

Community Member

MAN I hope I'm never *that* guy.

I'm a new player, but I guess having previous MMO xp helped me out some, b/c even *I'm* annoyed at the "shar plz" ****.

Now, I have some sympathy for the "Where do you pick up this quest?" crowd, because some of the quests are kinda out of the way/not readily spottable on the map (stormcleave, the bodyguard, the Ataraxia chain, etc.), AND it shows that you WANT to learn, but don't really have the time b/c the quest is starting.

Now, if they say that after joining a "know what you're doing" or "speed run" LFM, then they deserve all the "here's your sign" flak they can get.

-d

LOL awesome responses all, if only I had more rep to give

I honestly don't mind the share plz.

But I hate when someone asks that, and then someone in group tries to share every single quest in their log.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

But I hate when someone asks that, and then someone in group tries to share every single quest in their log.
    I think it's their attempt to punish the share pls crowd, unfortunately punishing the rest of the group.

With that in mind, I regret to say that about half of the time I forget to get the quests for Shavarath when I get a tell/guild message asking me to pls come help out, soooo used to meridia it isn't funny.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

look at the bright side of this, after 1 or 2 times of this yo uwill have every quest in the game picked up and then this wont affect ya, but jsut think about the newb who cant find his way to vod after joining a lfm that said vod hard, be able to find way to quest alone, they will give up and free the spot for a worthwhile person to join that could actually contribute more than dieing in the spikes 10 times by accepting a raise dead in them after getting one shotted by a fireball.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

that or sometimes its just fun to mess with your friends by trying to find the most obscure quests you can and sharing and hoping they are in midair and get distracted and die.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

Ive had the opposite several groups so far have ended up passing me the star when I join.. First one was that stormcleave group who thought my helping the lost guy meant I wanted to lead.

Others have looked at my bio with my alt list and said "oh your a real vet" then the ding of the star being placed on me.. I get grumbly about it but I figure its their way of saying we have no clue of the kind of trouble we are getting ourselves into

I think id bust out laughing over mic if someone joined a group I set up and tried to take it over. THey would either laugh to or be offended and leave win win situation if you ask me
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwolf View Post
    look at the bright side of this, after 1 or 2 times of this yo uwill have every quest in the game picked up and then this wont affect ya, but jsut think about the newb who cant find his way to vod after joining a lfm that said vod hard, be able to find way to quest alone, they will give up and free the spot for a worthwhile person to join that could actually contribute more than dieing in the spikes 10 times by accepting a raise dead in them after getting one shotted by a fireball.
    You must be talking about the ranger last night...lol.

I think he would have kept following the G's to Skelly Loot Chest if I didnt say anything...lol.
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast