Thread: Favored Enemy

Default Favored Enemy

There's lots of Lawful Evil Outsiders at the end of the game.

If I take Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider and Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider, will they stack?

Edit: followup question - what favored enemies did you pick and have you been happy with your choices?

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    There's lots of Lawful Evil Outsiders at the end of the game.

If I take Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider and Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider, will they stack?

Edit: followup question - what favored enemies did you pick and have you been happy with your choices?
    The easiest way is to just take evil outsiders; really no need to take both. Now the standard is usually Undead, Giants, and then Evil Outsiders.

No, Just take evil outsiders...right now the faves are...

1) Undead
    2) Giants
    3) Evil Outsider
    4) Contruct
    5) Elemental
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    No, Just take evil outsiders...right now the faves are...

1) Undead
    2) Giants
    3) Evil Outsider
    4) Contruct
    5) Elemental
    This.

My order would be Undead, Giants, Constructs, Evil Outsiders, and Elementals though. But those 5 are the ones to choose.
    Ghallanda - Deltree (Rogue 11), Niecih (Cleric 14) Pemn (Barb 8), Ehseri (Sorc 3) - Blackmoor Defenders

At lvl 1 take Reptile
    At lvl 5 take Undead
    After you leave the harbor swap out Reptile for Giant
    At lvl 10 take Elemental
    At lvl 15 Take Evil outsider
    At lvl 20 Take Construct

In the end you will have these 5, they are in the order of importance

1) Evil outsider
    2) Undead
    3) Construct
    4) Elemental
    5) Giant

Construct and Elemental can be switched around in order of importance, but if you plan to run shroud a lot, construct helps
    If you splash a different class into your ranger, throw out Giant.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

I'm currently leveling a Rogue 13/ Ranger 6/ Monk 1 Drow, thus I can only take 2 Enemies.

My first choice was Undead to compensate the lack of SA. What should I take as second? Evil Outsider? Should I throw out Undead at one time? Is the investment in Favored Enhancements beyond tier 1 viable in this case?
    Is Favored Resistance viable at all?

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    I'm currently leveling a Rogue 13/ Ranger 6/ Monk 1 Drow, thus I can only take 2 Enemies.

My first choice was Undead to compensate the lack of SA. What should I take as second? Evil Outsider? Should I throw out Undead at one time? Is the investment in Favored Enhancements beyond tier 1 viable in this case?
    Is Favored Resistance viable at all?
    Take Undead and Evil outsider

As for the enhancements, take them all. The damage obviously helps, the more saves the better, unless you are 30+ in everything, the AC will also help you as you have a lvl of mnk and i'm assuming you have some focus in AC... The to-hit, meh get that if you feel like it
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Take Undead and Evil outsider

As for the enhancements, take them all. The damage obviously helps, the more saves the better, unless you are 30+ in everything, the AC will also help you as you have a lvl of mnk and i'm assuming you have some focus in AC... The to-hit, meh get that if you feel like it
    The to hit is nice early but you can move it out later. Also, what packs you have can effect the FE's as well if yu have GH and Reavers well lots of giants... Necropolis and Delera's lots of undead....
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Abberations should also be considered for killing those beholders, mindflayers and rusties (I think) quickly.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

They do not stack. The top 5 are easy: Evil Outsider, Giant, Elemental, Construct, Undead.

Of those, the top 2 are obviously Evil Outsider and Undead. After that, its mainly player choice. On my 18/2, I don't have elementals. Occasionally I regret it, and consider swapping it out with construct, but its not big deal, really.

Aberration would make a close 6th, and some might prefer it over giant or others.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cpito View Post
    Abberations should also be considered for killing those beholders, mindflayers and rusties (I think) quickly.
    And Dream Reavers!
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

I would argue as follows: Take mobs as FE that are either abundant or immune to crits or otherwise hard to kill or all three combined. So the first things that come to mind are indeed the list of 5 as mentioned in this thread, but I have always wondered why giants? They are not that hard to kill, are they abundant? Are there any epic giants out there currently? I can't think of any. Maybe there are better 5th choices.
    Laretes - 20 Cleric
    Igel - 18 Rng / 1 Rogue / 1 Mnk
    Boulderbash - swings a big Maul

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laretes View Post
    I would argue as follows: Take mobs as FE that are either abundant or immune to crits or otherwise hard to kill or all three combined. So the first things that come to mind are indeed the list of 5 as mentioned in this thread, but I have always wondered why giants? They are not that hard to kill, are they abundant? Are there any epic giants out there currently? I can't think of any. Maybe there are better 5th choices.
    Trolls and ogers are also considered giant, so yes, plenty of epic giants in Von1, not to mention the fire giant in Von2.

I think that your favored enemies should reflect your current focus on content.
    For instance, I'm considering swaping constructs (exploiter build, so no FE elemental) for dragons, for epic Vela (and future Tor dragons) beating.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    And Dream Reavers!
    Are they Aberrations?
    I know the rest of the Quori (at least) are Lawful Evil Outsiders.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.