Community Member

Default Bargain of Blood: So... Where's the Manager?

Heyla and well met!

I'm doing Bargain of Blood on normal with my character Oryala on Khyber. I killed the General, but even after running around searching, I can't find manager, and my quest is still left incomplete. I really have looked, but apparently, my real life spot skill sucks. I give up. Where in the world is that little devil?

Thanks for the help!
    TheKeeper1981

he ummm.....drops off the back of the mino. and gets up. general manager - mino and kobold . manager jsut kobold.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

Community Member

Eh? But that didn't happen. He disappeared, with the narrator saying the Manager wanted vengeance. I can't find the little devil.

You found him - or rather where he should be - if you found the minotaur.

There is a known issue of the Manager occasionally vanishing when the General dies - thus leaving the quest incomplete and unable to be completed. Best bet: contact a GM to fix it or restart. Since it'd likely be 10x faster, I'd opt for the restart.
    Last edited by Memnir; 05-09-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: fixed a poor word choice
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

had this happen on EPIC when it first came out. talk about a pain in the A** when you are duoing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Community Member

I see. Thanks for the info! I'm not in the mood to simply restart the quest, if I can help it. I've never had to contact a GM, before. How do I go about it?

--EDIT--

Ah! Nevermind! I'd nearly forgotten about the original help system, but I found it and was able to get practically instant help from the GM! Thank you, everyone, for helping me out!
    Last edited by TheKeeper1981; 05-09-2010 at 03:38 AM.

It's the "general" and "manager" combined into 1 mob.. Get it?
    IE:
    Minotaur is the General.
    Kobold is the Manager.

Kill the general, the manager spawns where he died.

What happened:
    You killed the general near a wall or other obstruction, and manager could not spawn inside of it, so the quest broke. Avoid this issue in the future by killing him out in the open near where he spawns.

.. then the gm completed teh quest for you manually.

Had you been on epic, this wouldn't of helped you much, as completing quests by GM force results in an EPIC FAILURE - IE: You still will not be able to open the epic chest, as it relies on the objectives being completed normally.

Rather poor gm tools they have.

Community Member

Had that happen to me last night, or more accurately, early this morning. I ran it solo on my L8 rogue without a hireling, and took my time. Get to the end, down to around 40% of my HP after killing the general, so I ran off to the shrine. I wasn't looking to see if the manager spawned, but he wasn't there when I got back, so I couldn't finish the quest.

Unimpressive. I won't be running the sentinels series again until this issue is fixed. It was a fun run up to that point, but missing out on XP, favor, and end rewards due to Turbine's bug leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth. It would have been pretty poor XP as well - about the same as running Tear on casual, which would have taken way less time.

I submitted a ticket, but only stayed online in the dungeon for 20-30 more minutes waiting for a response. They closed it without any action after I got tired of sitting there and logged out. Customer service FTW.

Community Member

Damn, here I am 10 years later with the SAME problem? They don't fix bugs here?

Very rare problems caused by area geometry are difficult to solve. It's a 2-minute quest, just run it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DwSnoopy View Post
    Damn, here I am 10 years later with the SAME problem? They don't fix bugs here?
    Gj on the necro, wonder how ppl manage to find that stuff and post casually like nothing
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Manager

/necro
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com