Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Gratz for the lucky winners.

For me the only thing I can seem to win is tasty ham. I do like ham, but some other prize would be wonderful also!

I just found out I won the Mnemonic drawing on my pure monk. I log in and get the congrats mail and attached to it are 100 concentrated elixirs of majors!

"SWEET!" I say to myself. What an awesome prize! My FvS and some other toons can definately use this.

Wait?! What's this? Bound to character!??!? Oh noes! Bummer

Will these be changed to bound to account or should I just throw them away?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Be sure to read the lottery descriptions before entering characters. If lottery bundle of prizes contains any items that are bound to character, the lottery description will say "Bound prizes". (this is a new change as of this week) If you can't use the prize you won on the current character, the only way to use the item would be if you reincarnated your character into a form that they would make use of it.

Also I've noticed something else with players entering things using the "just sign me up for everything" button. Remember that it only takes one level of a class to "qualify" in class-specific drawings. So even if the lottery is limited to "only casters", there's no way for the lottery system to predict that your character doesn't make use of spell casting if you took 1 level of a class that can cast spells.

Tolero can we have a warforged themed lotto.
    Mix of docents or something. thx
    Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Default Results

Tolero - can you post results, or recaps, of the lotteries?

I've entered relatively every day, and haven't won anything since the ham. With no feedback (winnings or results), I think the lotteries may feel the "out of sight, out of mind" and eventually get cancelled due to a lack of participation.

Re: Warforged lotto

Yeah I'm looking through my loot bag for some good WF stuff. Worst case if I can't find any docents or oils, then I'll find something universal but limit it to WF only entries down with fleshies!! Er... I mean... yay Warforged pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Sillk
    Tolero - can you post results, or recaps, of the lotteries?

I've entered relatively every day, and haven't won anything since the ham. With no feedback (winnings or results), I think the lotteries may feel the "out of sight, out of mind" and eventually get cancelled due to a lack of participation.
    Trust me, "lack of participation" is definitely not an issue. The past two weeks have gone well, so I am working out a "schedule" so that people have a relative idea of what types of "regular" lotteries are going on during a typical week (beyond the random encounter lotteries). This should help people narrow in on the lotteries they're most interested in if they have a ton of characters to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

Yeah I'm looking through my loot bag for some good WF stuff. Worst case if I can't find any docents or oils, then I'll find something universal but limit it to WF only entries down with fleshies!! Er... I mean... yay Warforged pride!
    Thanks Can't wait

Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Anybody know what this is about? From Tarrant's MyDDO:

The truth will be revealed.
    Posted On: May 23rd, 2010
    Posted By: Tarrant
    Posted in: Uncategorized
    It came from nowhere. A bump, loud noise, and BAM! Before we knew it this lottery was here and we couldn’t stop staring at it. We don’t know why it’s there or who else may be a part of it, but we know it’s there for a reason. Can you help Tolero, Fernando and I reveal the truth about the lottery? Once we know the answer, we can move on with our lives.
    I suspect that it is talking about this seemingly-random "Looking Glass Lottery":

This selection of prizes only leads to more questions! Bound prizes

1 x Bolt[E]
    50 x Pinch of Fine Sand[E]
    10 x +1 Healer’s Kit[E]
    1 x Small Twisted Shrapnel
    5 x Potion of Curse Removal[E]
    5 x Potion of Disease Removal[E]
    1 x Lesser Pendant of Travel

I see Curse/Disease Removal plus Sand, which makes me think of the Mummies in the Desert. Beyond that, I dunno...

Default Suggestion

I like the lottery even though I can't win anything but Curse pots and Hams. However, when a certain Lottery has several days before it ends sometimes I would like to go back and see what all was in that particular Lottery and the time and date that it's suppose to end.

So on the list of Current Entries you should be able to click on the name of the Lottery and get the details about it including the time not just the date it's suppose to end.
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of Archangels: http://archangelsddo.guildlaunch.com
    ALTS: Mysteeria, Larawynn, Ketanna, Sandia, Serawynn, Valkeira, Galewynn, Velarawynn,
    Keeriea, DiAndri, Celarawynn, Intimiwynn & Kerirawynn

any info on the all warforged lotto yet?

Yeah I'm looking through my loot bag for some good WF stuff. Worst case if I can't find any docents or oils, then I'll find something universal but limit it to WF only entries down with fleshies!! Er... I mean... yay Warforged pride!.
    any e.t.a. on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wemery73 View Post
    any e.t.a. on this yet?
    Ooo you read my mind. There will indeed be a warforged lotto this weekend ^^ (I didn't have any warforged specific things, so instead, it's warforged-only. Hooray for being a living construct!)

Ooo you read my mind. There will indeed be a warforged lotto this weekend ^^ (I didn't have any warforged specific things, so instead, it's warforged-only. Hooray for being a living construct!)
    *flexes*

Let's get some warforged specific things then!

We desperately need WF cosmetics.

I didn't have any warforged specific things
    repair pots?

or maybe some of those WF version of hams?

maybe a docent thats cosmetic with a little boost like the bunny hats?
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

thanks

Welcome to the DDO Lottery!

From the earliest of times, games of chance have been a source of amusement and reward. Skill and determination are often required to advance in the life of a character in DDO. Now it’s possible to get an in-game perk for each of your characters just by playing in the new DDO Lottery! Like all of my.DDO.com, this feature is launching in beta. We’d love to hear your feedback as we tune and improve the system.

Ready to play? Here’s how it works:

1. Log into my.DDO.com with your community login. (Remember you can open My.DDO in game using Ctrl-M!)
    2. Look for the Lottery Widget (in the lefthand column by default).
    3. If you are eligible for any current drawings, you may click on one to enter.
    The lefthand column is Player News. By default.

http://my.ddo.com/

Where is the widget?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    The lefthand column is Player News. By default.

http://my.ddo.com/

Where is the widget?
    Log in as yourself and view your own myDDO homepage (click on your name after you are logged in at my.ddo.com). For you, it would be at
    http://my.ddo.com/Pugsley/

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Problems with the lottery

Problems:
    1. I have won lots of guest passes, and just tried using one for the first time. You can't use on on someone unless you already have the pack?!?!?
    (Error): You must first have access to a content module in order to grant a guest pass for that area to another player.
    2. My alt account was inactive for a while a month back. Since MyDDO's character info feed isn't updating, MyDDO thinks this account hasn't logged in recently and now I can't enter lotteries on that account (even though I actually HAVE used that account recently now). If the MyDDO feed stays broken, eventually every character will have this problem and no one will be able to enter the lotteries.
    Your character data has been archived. Please log into the game to refresh your character data.
    (this also makes it impossible to copy a character on that account onto the Lamannia test server)
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I seem to have signed up for a lottery (Travel Tuesday) scheduled for 11/26/2010. That's really planning ahead!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast