Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Say a guildie of mine had a good idea the other day. He is disappointed with Myddo and feels they should do more with it or just not have it at all. One of his ideas was make it so we can print out our character sheets so they are almost like playing cards. I think that is a great idea and would be very cool.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Cool Lottery Win

Well, my happy news is that I won 10 Hams.

I like this Lottery game; it's lotsafun to win treats.
    <3

Sharz
    DDO Store FTW
    THELANIS MAIN ACCT CHARACTERS

Sharzadee ~ yKaterina ~ Darya ~Ashin ~ Setareh ~ Pixxie
    Kisheeni ~ Divae ~ Szapphire ~ Vyxun
    ~ Lusipha ~ Silkey
    MyDDO: http://my.ddo.com/sharzade/

Smile Lottery Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    While I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth... Making me enter my characters one at a time is insane. Clicking the enter button should bring up all the contests for all my characters.
    I like the idea of letting us have both options. Let us have the choice to enter all our characters at once into the Lottery, and also allow for us to pick which characters get entered. I've got name-holder characters on other servers, and don't want them playing the Lottery right now because I'm not playing them yet.

It would be fun to let prizes include a wide variety of common/uncommon/rare treats. Special uncommon treats might be things like mini-stacks of Festival Cookies, a Siberys Cake, some Large Hams, or occasional +1 Tomes. Ultra-megarare prizes might be goodies like Flowers, Chocolates, a once-in-a-blue-moon <3 of Wood, a Humungous Ham, or a +2/+3 Tome.

Whatever they're planning for the Lottery is bound to be fun. Making the DDO site interactive with little games is a cute idea.

Thanks!

Sharz
    DDO Store FTW

~ Lusipha ~ Silkey

I hope your lottery is still in beta, because if you release it now, I am not going to be happy, especially considering none of my characters are elegible to win for some reason. Most likely a bug.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Arrow Lottery Times

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    I hope your lottery is still in beta, because if you release it now, I am not going to be happy, especially considering none of my characters are eligible to win for some reason. Most likely a bug.
    Just check back later. When I first set it up, there was no lottery running at the time. I went back an hour later, and could enter my characters.

Sharz
    DDO Store FTW

~ Lusipha ~ Silkey

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over to the my.ddo discussion...

- The primary instructions are in the introduction thread here.
    - If you don't see any available lottos it means you could be inbetween drawings, they run pretty often but it is possible that you coincidentally hit a gap between when one ended and another was starting
    - You can use the widget on your main player page to select which characters you want, it is a list with check boxes of all your characters. This first lotto is for "everyone" but in the future you will see all kinds, like a "drow only" lotto or a "high level character only" or "part rogue part monk warforged under level 10" and all kinds of wacky stuff in addition to more general themed lottos. If you have a bunch of characters, you may find it easier to just go to the character's individual page to sign them up for lottos.
    - This week we're giving out hams, but once this experiment is complete, you could see all kinds of prizes! Everything from little things like hair dye to big things like hearts of wood, tomes, and more.
    - This feature is still in beta, so make sure you check the known issues at the bottom of the introduction thread if it's your first time using the lottery!

Once you enter it would be nice to have a button to bring us back from the black hole that is known as the thanks for entering screen....

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    sssshhhh...pay no attention to those hams behind the curtain >>
    TOLERO

why instead of putting effords on new things to my DDO you just FIX IT first!!!!!!!

Ill keep complaining 7 months gone and my toons still not been read by the database

Pls focus on solving the existing bugs then develop his stupid adds on myddo.

Not been read since myddo lauch

trooperrj / ironhell / dreamhealer / charlotee/ helloween all on thelanis
    TrooperRJ / Ironhell / Dreamhealer / Charlotee /Abgail / Halibaba /Helloween / Sepulturaa / xSabotagex / Primalfear / AcesHigh / Megadethx / Gammaray / Mercyfull fate / / BlindGardian / / Avantasiax ___________INFERUS SUS - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by M.ham View Post
    Once you enter it would be nice to have a button to bring us back from the black hole that is known as the thanks for entering screen....

M.
    Try the little "X" button in the top right corner of the pop-up window.

(Mine has one, anyway.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Try the little "X" button in the top right corner of the pop-up window.

(Mine has one, anyway.)
    On my end IE8 does not open the entry window as a popup. You have to use the back button and that takes you to a black hole stating that I do not have any characters eligible for the lottery... makes sense as I just entered them all

M.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden-br View Post
    TOLERO

why instead of putting effords on new things to my DDO you just FIX IT first!!!!!!!

Ill keep complaining 7 months gone and my toons still not been read by the database

Pls focus on solving the existing bugs then develop his stupid adds on myddo.

Not been read since myddo lauch

trooperrj / ironhell / dreamhealer / charlotee/ helloween all on thelanis
    If you had gone to the thread she indicated you would have read this:

Frequently Asked Questions

My character doesn’t show up on my.DDO.com. Can I still play?

Not with that character, but you may use (or even create) another character to play the Lottery with if you choose. We are aware that some players do not correctly appear in my.DDO.com and have an update in the works that should resolve the issue for the majority of players impacted.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Bug report: One of my characters (Shimmer of Cannith) is able to enter lotteries twice. She also shows up twice on myddo looking up the name

Worked just fine in Firefox 3.5.9.

I even won some Tasty Hams. ... though, not sure what a Warforged is gonna do with one of those... huck it at some squishy folks I guess....

Smile Thumbs Up Lottery, More Feedback

- This first lotto is for "everyone" but in the future you will see all kinds, like a "drow only" lotto or a "high level character only" or "part rogue part monk warforged under level 10" and all kinds of wacky stuff in addition to more general themed lottos. If you have a bunch of characters, you may find it easier to just go to the character's individual page to sign them up for lottos.
    I love the sound of this, looks fabulous. Letting different levels/races/builds receive the Lottery's focus is great.

- This week we're giving out hams, but once this experiment is complete, you could see all kinds of prizes! Everything from little things like hair dye to big things like hearts of wood, tomes, and more.

How to say Over the Moon about the variety of possible prizes!

Feedback Re the Prizes:
    I'm hoping that if the prizes bind, they only bind to Account. This would enable winners to use the prize on whichever character would enjoy the prize most. For example, if a WF character on my account won a hairdye, it would make sense to let one of my non-WF characters use the item because the WF can't.

Feedback on How Often Characters Can be Entered: I'd like to be able to enter any eligible characters as often as I can for these Lotteries, and for characters to not be excluded if they recently won a prize. After all, winning isn't a guarantee for anyone, and I'd be happy for anyone who has lightning strike more than once. Why not, if the stars align just right.

Thanks much.

Sharz

DDO Store FTW

~ Lusipha ~ Silkey

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post
    I even won some Tasty Hams. ... though, not sure what a Warforged is gonna do with one of those... huck it at some squishy folks I guess....
    You should be able to take a tasty ham and place it in a stone of change to have it converted into delicious ham oil for warforged. (I was going to have an oil lotto for warforged, but I couldn't find my oil supply)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharzade View Post
    [COLOR=Plum]
    [B] How to say Over the Moon about the variety of possible prizes!

Feedback Re the Prizes:
    I'm hoping that if the prizes bind, they only bind to Account. This would enable winners to use the prize on whichever character would enjoy the prize most. For example, if a WF character on my account won a hairdye, it would make sense to let one of my non-WF characters use the item because the WF can't.
    As far as I know the prizes in my current lotto treasure chest are not bound.

Feedback on How Often Characters Can be Entered: I'd like to be able to enter any eligible characters as often as I can for these Lotteries, and for characters to not be excluded if they recently won a prize. After all, winning isn't a guarantee for anyone, and I'd be happy for anyone who has lightning strike more than once. Why not, if the stars align just right.
    If your character wins it is not excluded from winning another lottery if you sign up for another they qualify for. The odds are slim, but it is possible to double win.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

You should be able to take a tasty ham and place it in a stone of change to have it converted into delicious ham oil for warforged. (I was going to have an oil lotto for warforged, but I couldn't find my oil supply)
    Could you get one of the devs to make the Stone of Change, take the stack of ham and make it convert into a stack of ham oil. Just a one time go. (and back to ham? Stone is magical.)

It gets really annoying having to do it one by one by one...

Well I like it so far. But I seem to be the only Khyberian playing the lotto....not that I mind being that my guilds name is the Khyberian Ham Authority. ;p

Bring more tasty ham
    Draz in all forms of the Prophets of the New Republic and Lava Divers / Khyber Original / R.I.P. E. Gary Gygax 03/04/08 / Supporter of the AEA / Owner of 4 birthday cupcakes Thank you Cupcake /Drazell Bergost leader of the Khyberian Ham Authority / Support your local Qwijymart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12