Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Oh you chatted cordial with PD Legion alright. We already established that.
    Parvo is actually quite friendly in-game, I think he's got some sort of Jekyll/Hyde condition . His forum persona may put a few people off PD but it has brought a lot of players in. The Sublime website got a lot of traffic from his DDO Interview and MV wasn't the only guild getting many new FTP recruits that month.

Chai is a great player and often plays just as hard as/harder than MV and The Core, I had a lot of fun running with him in the Sitting Ducks. Mo's guild definitely has the toughest ruleset in DDO and every quest with them is an adventure.

But this thread has started it's summer rerun cycle and I think it's time to start thinking about our Fall schedule. Parvo, Chai, and Mo are not going to change their minds on this topic and there is enough information here for others to come to their own conclusions.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho View Post
    Wrong. You DID say metagaming eliminates challenge from ALL quests under level 17. Do I have to serve you the disgrace of quoting you? You are not only an absolutist yourself, but the purest of hypocrites. And when I asked you to qualify your statement, you refused to take it back.

So we are all "frothing at the mouth" and "rage quitting" and other ways Chai wants to try to demonize anyone who doesn't believe the way he does. And now I'm Parvo's "toadie." That's funny. Ad hominem is all you got since you have nothing to say about the original intent of the thread-- to say that the AH killed a guy's permadeath guild because it overpowered everyone. Parvo and I agreed with him. I take it that Zorn and Narc do too, but Chai alone thinks that toys (like vorpals and disruptors and heavy fort items) that can be bought on the AH have virtually no effect on challenge in PD play. Why? Because metagaming makes it ALL too easy. You are alone in that opinion.

Who gets to decide what challenge is? Easy question: I have always fallen back on pd-community consensus to gage what people think would be a challenge. Challenge is what consensus say it is. My voice is just one in the crowd, and so is yours.

This wouldnt be the first time That the president of permadeath had "Toadies" come along to bash down anyone who might threaten the presidents standing, so Chai dont feel alone as you are not alone there are many that are with you but like you had said earlier the same things have been said and going on since 2008, it really isnt worth the breath, people can go back and look at the threads and they speak for themselves, no need to even validate them.

Permadeath will live on with or without the president!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 59, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 21(1 Death), Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarc View Post
    This wouldnt be the first time That the president of permadeath had "Toadies" come along to bash down anyone who might threaten the presidents standing, so Chai dont feel alone as you are not alone there are many that are with you but like you had said earlier the same things have been said and going on since 2008, it really isnt worth the breath, people can go back and look at the threads and they speak for themselves, no need to even validate them.

Permadeath will live on with or without the president!!!
    Yeehaw!!! The shame train keeps rolling along!!!

Narc, buddy, how's that "elitist" static group coming along? Sounds like your ruleset is pretty restrictive, which puts you (like it or not) in agreement with just about every one of the substantive arguments for challenging pd play in this thread. If principles and logic matter, I guess that makes you a toadie too :P

Spoiler...

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Narc, buddy, how's that "elitist" static group coming along? Sounds like your ruleset is pretty restrictive, which puts you (like it or not) in agreement with just about every one of the substantive arguments for challenging pd play in this thread. If principles and logic matter, I guess that makes you a toadie too :P

Spoiler...
    The Elite group would finally put the /squelch on those that have the need to down play others and what they do within the permadeath community, I personally branched off from the sublime because I was required at the time to play with others that used the Auction House and Brokers(I had no problem with them using just that I did not want to have my toons going thru quests with that kind of gear present, it was a self restriction), I have at no point downplayed their playstyle and certainly have recommended people to that guild as well as mortal voyage(even though I dont see eye to eye with parvo) and the Core, depending on what playstyle people were looking for!!!

The Elite group would be great for putting the final silencer on those that think this is a challenge and that is and those other things aren't, first of all the game is easy overall and with a full group of skilled players it is all but routine(reason I do most quests in groups of 3 or less, makes your decisions all that much more important).

As far as being a toadie, I have no reason to support someone with such a dogmatic point of view and who continually bashes anyone who might threaten their self proclaimed position in the permadeath community.

Happy Hunting and Stay Safe!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 59, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 21(1 Death), Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Spoiler...
    Naa, he agrees with restrictions just like I do. He also agrees with not needing to banter semantics in order to prove accomplishments worthy after putting in the hard work, when someone accomplishes something on their own terms. The minute someone claims they did something on the edge, he doesnt come plowing into the thread with his encyclopedia britannica sized ledger of real permadeath rules and regulations, complete with rules lawyering and criticism of their playstyle to show exactly where the person who accomplished something on their own terms supposedly failed.

Agreeing to disagree means shutting up and palying your own game, and not worrying about the other guy who you have no influence over playing by your standards, or needing to tell him it doesnt count if he didnt.
    Last edited by Chai; 07-06-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarc View Post
    The Elite group would finally put the /squelch on those that have the need to down play others and what they do within the permadeath community, I personally branched off from the sublime because I was required at the time to play with others that used the Auction House and Brokers(I had no problem with them using just that I did not want to have my toons going thru quests with that kind of gear present, it was a self restriction), I have at no point downplayed their playstyle and certainly have recommended people to that guild as well as mortal voyage(even though I dont see eye to eye with parvo) and the Core, depending on what playstyle people were looking for!!!

The Elite group would be great for putting the final silencer on those that think this is a challenge and that is and those other things aren't, first of all the game is easy overall and with a full group of skilled players it is all but routine(reason I do most quests in groups of 3 or less, makes your decisions all that much more important).

As far as being a toadie, I have no reason to support someone with such a dogmatic point of view and who continually bashes anyone who might threaten their self proclaimed position in the permadeath community.

Happy Hunting and Stay Safe!!!
    So you're saying you're forming the group so that you can do what you (falsely) criticize me for doing? Putting your accomplishment above others? The questions are rhetorical.

Name calling and character attacks... tsk tsk. My bodyguard is Mobararo, who u got?

Stay safe..

So you're saying you're forming the group so that you can do what you (falsely) criticize me for doing? Putting your accomplishment above others? The questions are rhetorical.

Name calling and character attacks... tsk tsk. My bodyguard is Mobararo, who u got?

Stay safe..
    My impression is that he is forming the group to show that he and others can do what the thread crashers imply cant be done at that same level. If I were in his shoes, I would fraps some of the quests, as well as take screenshots of the completion screens, just in case people try to make some laughable differentiation between their group and "real permadeath."

I am not a rage quitter, I am a rage joiner. Make a claim against me, and I dont quit because of you. I join because of you, and then show you whats up. I suspect Narc is experiencing a similar mentality. He is basically saying "you want to question playstyles eh? Lets put this to rest." But instead of turning around and walking away, hes up in there with a proverbial ass kicking and some chewing gum. No commercials, no mercy!

There is no issue with restricting yourself to provide a challenge. The issue is with someone announcing an accomplishment, and then having it picked apart by people because they cant stand someone accomplishing something they have not, because of some laughable playstyle choice difference. So in order to analyze this, Narc is basically eliminating playstyle choice as a variable from the equation.
    Last edited by Chai; 07-06-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    My impression is that he is forming the group to show that he and others can do what the thread crashers imply cant be done at that same level. If I were in his shoes, I would fraps some of the quests, as well as take screenshots of the completion screens, just in case people try to make some laughable differentiation between their group and "real permadeath."

I am not a rage quitter, I am a rage joiner. Make a claim against me, and I dont quit because of you. I join because of you, and then show you whats up. I suspect Narc is experiencing a similar mentality. He is basically saying "you want to question playstyles eh? Lets put this to rest." But instead of turning around and walking away, hes up in there with a proverbial ass kicking and some chewing gum. No commercials, no mercy!

There is no issue with restricting yourself to provide a challenge. The issue is with someone announcing an accomplishment, and then having it picked apart by people because they cant stand someone accomplishing something they have not, because of some laughable playstyle choice difference. So in order to analyze this, Narc is basically eliminating playstyle choice as a variable from the equation.
    Talk is cheap. Tonight in The Core: Western Threnal elite, no healer, no raise dead cleric, no xp penalty, no purchased consumables, and no shrines.

Modunaiho, level 12 fighter/paladin
    Nazgorian, level 11 fighter/ranger
    Osgona, level 11 ranger
    Rumblebellie, level 12 rogue/fighter
    Vyyrank, level 13 wf wizzie
    Sigund, level 13 barbarian

Just goes to show, with some tactics and teamwork, you don't need no stinking healer!

Permadeath, the most fun you'll have in DDO. Pass it on.

Movan,
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Talk is cheap.
    Yes. Yes, it is.

Tonight in The Core: Western Threnal elite, no healer, no raise dead cleric, no xp penalty, no purchased consumables, and no shrines.

Modunaiho, level 12 fighter/paladin
    Nazgorian, level 11 fighter/ranger
    Osgona, level 11 ranger
    Rumblebellie, level 12 rogue/fighter
    Vyyrank, level 13 wf wizzie
    Sigund, level 13 barbarian

Just goes to show, with some tactics and teamwork, you don't need no stinking healer!

Permadeath, the most fun you'll have in DDO. Pass it on.

Movan,
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net
    You should try to present this kind of stuff in its own place, without having to quote someone and preemptively jabber about how talk is cheap, only to begin talking shortly afterwards.

Hereyago. Another unqualified congratulations from parvo on a huge accomplishment...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...00#post3109400

M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Hereyago. Another unqualified congratulations from parvo on a huge accomplishment...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...00#post3109400

This is still nowhere near the threshold of things you havent done or someone posting a PD first.

Its a pretty good start though.

Can't we have an unconditional congratulations on Parvo's unconditional congratulations?

Can't we have an unconditional congratulations on Parvo's unconditional congratulations?
    But but...lets not confuse REAL congrats with whats happeing here.

In Mortal Voyage we don't use auction or broker. Out of Framwork hard (base level 12 quest) came a robe of heavy fortification. Funny thing is, I sold it. All three fleshies in the party already had heavy fort from prior pulls. Auction and broker dependance is a myth. If you run appropriate level content, you'll pull appropriate level gear.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415