Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Done it personally some 5-10 times. As has ultimega and dozens of other ppl. You either have no run it much or are just very unlucky I guess?

I've done over 150 runs, complete my red dragonscale and have pulled another 10 scales too, so i'm quite sure of this.

Screenshot you say? Nah. I'll do you one better I have a full length high-def video of my guild killing the dragon and me pulling a scale and a seal at the same time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTrD-S030sM&fmt=22
    You make a ton of videos and even seem to have them archived in some fashion. Is this your version of home movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Since you don't believe in +1 rep (with good reason) I'll just say Great Job on the thread. Keep up the good work.
    While I abstain from participation, I won't decline the rep since despite my choice, it still has an impact on my account (just a hidden one)

So either way, thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    You make a ton of videos and even seem to have them archived in some fashion. Is this your version of home movies?
    Eh there pretty easy to make, just hit a button and play. And some ppl enjoy them so I try to record whatever I think might be fun to watch.

Only long part is the encoding/uploading, but my computers high end enough to handle that while still playing without much performance impact so I dont mind.

Thanks Shade, this is a great resource to have available.

mm I guess it's possible all the side chests in each quest can drop any seal. Tho in all my runs it's been 1 or 2 specific chests. Ultra rare either way. I'll update it with those notes.
    Like i said, i coulda sworn. I wont make the statement that it happens till i see it again so i can take note of it. Been on a week long break from epics for the most part, will prolly get back to them wed. If I see another raid seal drop Ill let you know.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Done it personally some 5-10 times. As has ultimega and dozens of other ppl. You either have no run it much or are just very unlucky I guess?

I've done over 150 runs, complete my red dragonscale and have pulled another 10 scales too, so i'm quite sure of this.

Screenshot you say? Nah. I'll do you one better I have a full length high-def video of my guild killing the dragon and me pulling a scale and a seal at the same time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTrD-S030sM&fmt=22
    I have a good 40+ runs...so I must just have bad luck.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Scales: Seems like 2 on almost eveyr run, very consistant for my runs. Sometimes we see 3. I think twice we got 4. occasonally its only 1. Almost never do we get none, think maybe 2-5 runs out of 150.
    2 seems like the norm. Saw 5 drop last night, which is the most I've ever seen drop at once.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Good stuff, man.

Thanks.

I have pulled bloodstone seal from epic oob side chests. I believe the formula goes something like: Non-end chests can drop any seal in the area, but drops seals for the corresponding items in the quest that you are running with much greater frequency.
    /popcorn
    Monk / ~Thoroughbred~ (36 pt HO Epic Ready -Tank/DPS)-
    * Continuing Epic Guide - Mobius for Acolytes*

Because I didn't see it explicitly stated:

The first chest in Epic Wiz King, the one in the entrance hall that contains the crest needed to unlock the way forward), can at the very least drop seals from the explorer area, as a few runs ago someone pulled the Bloodstone seal from that chest. I mention it because until that had occurred, I hadn't even imagined that anything but the crest could appear in that chest and was thoroughly surprised (so much so that I forgot to take a SN).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Because I didn't see it explicitly stated:

The first chest in Epic Wiz King, the one in the entrance hall that contains the crest needed to unlock the way forward), can at the very least drop seals from the explorer area, as a few runs ago someone pulled the Bloodstone seal from that chest. I mention it because until that had occurred, I hadn't even imagined that anything but the crest could appear in that chest and was thoroughly surprised (so much so that I forgot to take a SN).
    I've seen it drop quest specific ones too (Silken Mail, Bracers of Deftness). What's really interesting about that chest is that anyone can come in and loot a seal after the chest was opened.

EDIT: It's also communal so seals from it should be treated as scrolls imho.
    Last edited by Kintro; 04-27-2010 at 07:26 AM.
    Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Noret/Hultor/Deol/Domtro/Tamtro/Kintro/Lantwo/Sontro/Montro/Kantro

While I abstain from participation, I won't decline the rep since despite my choice, it still has an impact on my account (just a hidden one)

So either way, thankyou.
    In that case +1 rep.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Again i've run over 150 of these.. 99% of them in 12 man groups, so I've seen a massive sample size to gather data. But it is just personal observation with no hard data taken, so it could indeed be quite flawed, take it for what it is.
    This is really interesting to me personally. Our guild almost always runs short man. About 9 average. With that we should expect about 1.5 scales per run on average. I know I have gone ten runs in a row and seen none drop in the chest. I wonder if the drops are incorrectly being scaled per person based upon party size...
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

So either way, thankyou.
    In that case +1 rep.

Ditto.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Ditto.
    Sure.

In that case +1 rep.
    Thanks.

Also 5 star the guide if you like it. One of my fans thought it would be funny to give it 1 star without leaving a comment on why he felt it was so bad.

I've ransacked out the maze chest in von2 and the acid pit chest in von4 and seen zero seals.

Can someone please confirm if they have seen a seal drop from either of these chests?
    You may know me as: Gannot, Gonnet, Gunnet, Ginnet, Gaxxat, Gennot, Gannut, Gxnnxt, Horseface, Izzayhay, Pailmaster, Artifactual, Gynnet and/or Barred. What? I like alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Montrose View Post
    I've ransacked out the maze chest in von2 and the acid pit chest in von4 and seen zero seals.

Can someone please confirm if they have seen a seal drop from either of these chests?
    Yep seen all chests drop a seal.

Well with a few exceptions: Quest Item chests in von2, Key chests in von3 and 4.

I farmed the acid one too.. ransacked 42 chars and no seals. But ran a third character in a full group and other ppl got seals.. So they drop, just rather rare or I/we got bad luck.

Yep seen all chests drop a seal.

Well with a few exceptions: Quest Item chests in von2, Key chests in von3 and 4.

I farmed the acid one too.. ransacked 42 chars and no seals. But ran a third character in a full group and other ppl got seals.. So they drop, just rather rare or I/we got bad luck.
    Are you sure those chests don't drop seals? That the crest chest in the beginning of Wiz King drops seals would indicate that they may drop in others. I admit that I haven't done even 1/10th as many runs as you have, but 1 seal in that Wiz King chests over all of my runs seems to indicate that the drop rate for those would be very low.

Are you sure those chests don't drop seals? That the crest chest in the beginning of Wiz King drops seals would indicate that they may drop in others. I admit that I haven't done even 1/10th as many runs as you have, but 1 seal in that Wiz King chests over all of my runs seems to indicate that the drop rate for those would be very low.
    Yea I'm quite sure.

Seals in the crest chest is an obvious bug.. Being that is kind of a free for all chest.

Seals also drop in wizking in the seals chest down below (random one that has a fire mepht nearby it saying strange things)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast