Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by etelan View Post
    Great.

There is one minor bug I noticed. If you use the fractional crit multipliers the min-max weapon damage displayed for crits is not correct (the final averages work out fine still). The min and max are both multiplied by the crit multiplier.

I'll fix it one day, but I'm not too concerned atm since the final average is what everyone cares about. Also, it's a real bummer that the damage mod went missing from the inventory panel for MotU...
    Yea the game gets worse in many ways every update it seems.

It actually stil displays the +dmg for monks.. ddo is now monk only i guess if u care about damage.

Anyways some ideas for later revisions for when ur bored:
    Minor tweaks:
    -Checkbox to enable/disable target stats..
    Why: Because atm the moment you put anything in that box, it gives you that little grey 2ndary box on the output. There is no way to disable said box even returning eveyrthing to default without restarting app.

-Fortification in 1% increments. (For comparing weps with improved destruct versus weird targets.)

Bigger features:
    Some ways to speed up data entry on later work:
    -Save and load buttons.. Can use the curren .txt files format, but also be able to load some previous results.
    So I could have my default:
    ESoS.txt. Load it, and it gives me all my +dmg mod, crit, glancing blow, etc.. Then I can compare it to a new weapon, and subsequently be disapointed i have to continue to use the same weapon I was using the last 2 years as its inferior yet again.

- Since thats a big feature that would take a while.. Shorter version: Add a more verbose export txt file option, that lists the full values u entered (dmg mod, crit, seeker, etc).. - Would be useful for pasting to the forums to show ppl the full data u entered so u they can compare/verify without needing to manually type.

-Quick access defaults for the on hit on crit boxes.
    Maybe a little down arrow next to the add button, which brings a dropdown box of:
    1d4, 1d6, 2d6, 3d6, 4d6 options for on hit
    1d10, 2d10, 3d10, 3d6, 4d6 for on crit
    or could give them names too to aids newbies:
    Flaming/Shocking/etc (1d6)
    Flaming burst x2 (1d10)
    Flaming burst x3 (1d10)

so 2 clicks and you have the desired common effect added.

- Automated glancing blow calculator. (Take wep dice + mod , let you pick 20-60% glances at 50-100 effeciency and add a value automatically (that doesnt allow crits, but does allow dr))
    Allow granual effeciency because even tho most ppl will be at 50% (thf only) or 75% (GTHF), u can vary it a lot depending how often you use cleaves or other attacks.

Nice suggestions. I've also found myself inputting the same weapon over and over again. Next time I load up the project I'll get some of these in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    ... ESoS.txt. Load it, and it gives me all my +dmg mod, crit, glancing blow, etc.. Then I can compare it to a new weapon, and subsequently be disapointed i have to continue to use the same weapon I was using the last 2 years as its inferior yet again.
    lmao. I'm not sure which is worse: DDO's illusion of new weapon dps, or Diablo's flat out damage rating which takes out the guess work but every weapon sucks and there is no room for cautious excitement.

Cool.

Just noticed another limitation u could drop:
    wep dice, only goes to 20.

With all the new sources of +Ws, can easily get that over 20.

Maybe even modify that field to work more like the new W system (accept .5 integers too). Though doing it manually isnt that tough.

Maybe even modify that field to work more like the new W system (accept .5 integers too). Though doing it manually isnt that tough.
    Yeah this is kind of important I think. Will do an update this week. Some of the alchemicals have really weird numbers like 1.65 x 1d
    Last edited by etelan; 08-05-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Default New Release

v 1.5.0

• New MotU weapon dice system. (Multiplier X Base Die Number X Base Die Size)

• Added a 'Clear' button to reset target stats

• Changed fortification increments to 1%. Note: Barrage is setup to work well with tabbing and num pad. Increments only apply to mouse clicking not manual inputs.

• Changed maximum weapon dice to 99

• Fixed incorrect min/max crit damage when using fractional crit multipliers.

Old calc:
      Min * CritMultplier
      Max * CritMultplier
      Average * CritMultplier

New Calc:
      Min * Floor(CritMultiplier)
      Max * Ceiling(CritMultiplier)
      Average * CritMultplier

Default Legacy Release Notes

Release Notes
    -Added a placeholder miss field (v1.3.0)
    -Added doublestrike (v1.3.0)
    -Add 'Apply DR' option to weapon effects (v1.1.0)

Bug Fixes
    -DR not applied to final score (v1.0.1)
    -Average for 'Proc/Misc' damage too low (v1.1.1)
    -Max for hit effect damage too low when using dice values (v1.3.0)
    -Weapon damage coming up negative when DR is very high (v1.3.2)

Quote Originally Posted by etelan View Post
    v 1.5.0

• New MotU weapon dice system. (Multiplier X Base Die Number X Base Die Size)

• Added a 'Clear' button to reset target stats

• Changed fortification increments to 1%. Note: Barrage is setup to work well with tabbing and num pad. Increments only apply to mouse clicking not manual inputs.

• Changed maximum weapon dice to 99

• Fixed incorrect min/max crit damage when using fractional crit multipliers.

Old calc:
      Min * CritMultplier
      Max * CritMultplier
      Average * CritMultplier

New Calc:
      Min * Floor(CritMultiplier)
      Max * Ceiling(CritMultiplier)
      Average * CritMultplier
    Cool thx for the update..

Tried the new version, cpl issues with new W thing:
    Big one:
    Limits you to 5W.. Not nearly enough. Monks by default are at like 9W and higher. Most other weapons can get to 8+ (3 with deadlies, +5 if your calcing for say lay waste)
    Minor annoyances:
    Mouse up/down arrow defaults to 0.05 increments.. Being only 1-3 weapon in the game needs that (Alch dagger and mayvbe other simples) it seems a low default. I'd like to see it use the same functionality as the fractional multiplier:
    up/down = 1 full integer.
    click in and manually type if you want to use a partial (and its maintained if you use up/down arrow for +/- 1 full W)

Would save some time if I want to say check the default W, then check what if I had a lot of +W (good for comparing default weps against bigger dice weps like epic antique in extreme scenarios, where most pluses are either +1, +2 , +3 or +5).

all other new things i tried seem to work well =)

Default New Release

Tried the new version, cpl issues with new W thing
    v1.5.1
    • Increased max dice multiplier to 20
    • Increased dice multiplier increments to 1.00

awesome tool. i do have 1 gripe though.

theres no way to calculate TWF or S&B DPS with it
    Last edited by Asmodeus451; 08-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    awesome tool. i do have 1 gripe though.

theres no way to calculate TWF or S&B DPS with it
    um theres no way to calculate THF or monk or any other DPS with it either.
    It's not for that. It's a weapon comparison tool. It gives you your average damage per swing and lets you compare it against other weapons, and for that, its purpose - it works great.

Trying to accurately calculate dps is futile effort in such a complex and variable game where the biggest factor is your skill as a player anyways. The best way to compare different builds/styles/players is to test versus real targets, see my dps challenge for a cpl good ones.

um theres no way to calculate THF or monk or any other DPS with it either.
    It's not for that. It's a weapon comparison tool. It gives you your average damage per swing and lets you compare it against other weapons, and for that, its purpose - it works great.

Trying to accurately calculate dps is futile effort in such a complex and variable game where the biggest factor is your skill as a player anyways. The best way to compare different builds/styles/players is to test versus real targets, see my dps challenge for a cpl good ones.
    very well, allow me to rephrase.

there is no way to directly compare one SET of TWO weapons to another, or to compare one S&B combo to another.

this is a problem for toons/players that utilize these fighting styles, as this wonderful tool is basically useless to them

nitpick at semantics all you want, my point is still a valid one
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

there is no way to directly compare one SET of TWO weapons to another, or to compare one S&B combo to another.

this is a problem for toons/players that utilize these fighting styles, as this wonderful tool is basically useless to them
    Not sure I follow. I use this for both my twf and my s&b. Can you give me an example of what your trying to do.

very well, allow me to rephrase.

nitpick at semantics all you want, my point is still a valid one
    It seems pretty easy to me:
    Calculate for right hand wep.
    Calculate for left hand wep.
    Add together. Average em out.

Do again for other weapon set.

Maybe its a bit more work, hardly makes the tool "useless" tho. Thats a very weird scenario anyways, pretty sure more TWF players prefer to use two of the same wep, in which case theres no need to calc the offhand anyways.

I used it plenty for my TWF build and my S&B build. It seemed very useful for those. tho personally I always prefered using two fo teh same wep anyways, seems to be the obvious best DPS combo.
    Sword and board I dont follow at all. If anything, it seems ideal for it. If you want to calc whats the best shield for bashs, do em seperately.. Seems pretty obvious to me, and I calcd all kinds of shields, was quite useful to figure em all out.

Thumbs up

Nice job OP, really nice ap.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Ditto, thanks for the neat program.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Default False Positive?

Heya! I have used this program before, and had no problem.

Recently, tried to get it, but Symantec figures it has some problem...
    Just alerting the OP, so he can take corrective action to avoid this.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Heya! I have used this program before, and had no problem.

Recently, tried to get it, but Symantec figures it has some problem...
    Just alerting the OP, so he can take corrective action to avoid this.

Carry on.
    Just goes to show Barrage uses are smart enough not to use symantic security software.

Being that software is notoriously and utterly garbage that more often causes problems then prevents them, It's for the best.

And being the screenshot shows that it found absolutely nothing wrong with the program, and only blocked it because its a piece of garbage that is worried its own actauly anti virus scanning is so poor it just blocks nearly everything, also shows there is no way Etelan could fix this for you.

The only and best solution is for you to uninstall that junk, and download a less annoying and safer anti virus solution. I'd recommend something free that won't interfer with gaming or gaming utlitiles.

Immunet is probably the best for a gaming pc, as its very lightweight and wont slow down DDO or other games much if at all.
    Though the free stuff from Microsoft or Avast are also vastly better the symantec too if you prefer those
    Personally being adept with software, I don't run any AV software, and just run any suspecious files I wanna run thru http://virusscan.jotti.org/en - it quickly runs 20+ AV solutions at once so you can quickly determine if its a virus, or if some AVs are just having false positives.
    Heres a scan of barrage.exe:
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...50e07bd409f0b4 (0 out of 20 scanners reported malware. Jotti doesn't include garbage symantec)
    Last edited by Shade; 03-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12