Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rawzon3 View Post
    Will this template work for characters that were server transfers? I couldn't manage to get the other one to work for my refugees.
    Can you give an example of a character you aren't getting info for? I've noticed that for some things, especially for guilds, there are multiple entries on the same server and my.ddo.com won't pull data for them.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Flayer View Post
    Can you give an example of a character you aren't getting info for? I've noticed that for some things, especially for guilds, there are multiple entries on the same server and my.ddo.com won't pull data for them.
    Need me to PM you a character that has this issue?

edit: scratch that. The characters of mine that did have issues no longer do. I just checked.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 04-19-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Awesome as always Garth)
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Wow, this is very impressive, nice work Garth. +1
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

I love it. i tried to put the epic timers in it but it doesent work to good for me, will test it after i get char on epic timer

Ps. I checked putting named range epic with 16/24 value and putting it in place of Timer in formula works good

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...4Z0hNRWc&gid=2

Now just have to make more place for each epic possible and its my personal favourite raid/epic timer checker.
    Last edited by Shiler; 04-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Proud Member of: Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread Hijack
    Shile, Traumateam, Ratrap, Fireshile.

thnx Garth.
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    great work. I've never understood why Turbine doesnt give us tools like this

Hmmm... wouldn't it make sense if myDDO actually did this???? This is one of the less published reasons for WoW's success....the add-in model. It allows for community developed tools to fix development oversights and easy user frustration.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Community Member

I just noticed one small problem if you put epics on.
    The Page from whom info is taken doesent update properly sometimes.
    For example today i lost like 3 hours of questing . according to the log i havent done One raid, 2 epic quests and one normal quest which TBH might be a small problem with that spreadsheet;/

Quote Originally Posted by Shiler View Post
    I just noticed one small problem if you put epics on.
    The Page from whom info is taken doesent update properly sometimes.
    For example today i lost like 3 hours of questing . according to the log i havent done One raid, 2 epic quests and one normal quest which TBH might be a small problem with that spreadsheet;/
    epic quests don't really work yet - because the timer is fixed to 2days 18hrs - also some of the quest names are cut off by my.ddo.com so that can prove problematic.

It would be trivial to add support though, tonight I'll go through and do this to the template version on Google docs but it won't update your copy, so you'll need to redownload it by instructions in the OP. I'll post here or edit this post when it's updated.

If you have specific issues it's helpful if you can share the spreadsheet with me (or publish to a webpage) so I can see what's up.

EDIT: woops I didn't read your original post that you'd edited the sheet already. Well, I suppose edits by users aren't supported

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

A well deserved +1!

The problem is now I know I'm off timer but I'm still at work!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    epic quests don't really work yet - because the timer is fixed to 2days 18hrs - also some of the quest names are cut off by my.ddo.com so that can prove problematic.

It would be trivial to add support though, tonight I'll go through and do this to the template version on Google docs but it won't update your copy, so you'll need to redownload it by instructions in the OP. I'll post here or edit this post when it's updated.

If you have specific issues it's helpful if you can share the spreadsheet with me (or publish to a webpage) so I can see what's up.

EDIT: woops I didn't read your original post that you'd edited the sheet already. Well, I suppose edits by users aren't supported

Garth
    Help desk, never get help

Well timer thingy is easiest one since it only one more named range.
    Cut names are trickier, dunno how spreadsheet recongnizes the quests but if you can get only like 10-12 first leters after quest completed it will be enought too.

If template will be like the one from the other guy, i will love it soooo much D

VERY VERY nice job.

due to popular demand, I've updated it for epics. If you want to get this feature then you'll have to delete your copy, go to the OP and redownload it from Google and then fill in your character names again...

One thing I should say is that the sheet doesn't take into account downtime, so after a downtime all the timers will be offset but they'll sort themselves out. You can manually offset them all by using the tz field (remember it takes days not hours) but then you'll find any new raids you run after downtime will be wrong. There is no good solution to this since there is no way of knowing the exact downtime length unfortunately.

Let me know if there's any issues

Garth

how'd you get yours to show completions? I want it!
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by valorik View Post
    how'd you get yours to show completions? I want it!
    Well this is nice indeed Garth ... good work ... tough I would also love to know about the "Completions".
    At the moment im using Interactive game Guide and the RAID timer they have... but that one requires abit of manual "labor".

:-)

anyways... good work

yup I'd love to add automatic completions (and also an alert if you forget to take your end reward) - at the moment I manually manage my completions (on another linked spreadsheet)... The problem with completions is that it requires state on the spreadsheet - right now it's completely stateless... and I didn't want to have to code anything... I'll try and think about it this weekend.

Garth

Community Member

Problem with epics:
    It starts timer in sheet after you collect end reward.
    Which since timer starts when you end uest , is small problem.

I like this..

Been using it, but I can't figure out the proper way to make it refresh. Or how to make google publish it as a webpage like u did..

I hit f5 to refresh, but usually nothing changes when I do that. Or sometimes I just lose all the data i entered.

I tried that 2nd tab where it says this value will ensure data is pulled eveyr 10min, and I set that to 1.

First itme I did that, it all refreshed for me. But changing it again doesn't make it refresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I like this..

Been using it, but I can't figure out the proper way to make it refresh. Or how to make google publish it as a webpage like u did..

I hit f5 to refresh, but usually nothing changes when I do that. Or sometimes I just lose all the data i entered.

I tried that 2nd tab where it says this value will ensure data is pulled eveyr 10min, and I set that to 1.

First itme I did that, it all refreshed for me. But changing it again doesn't make it refresh again.
    F5 won't work - it'll refresh your webpage. The sheet is only refreshed when you open it either for edit or via a published webpage.

The value in the top left of the 'Imported Data' is actually =FLOOR(minute(now()) / 10, 1) this just make sure it updates every 10 minutes, if you change that to a static number then it will never update again.

Each time you open the sheet in edit mode it should automatically update (because of this field) - to publish to a webpage click the 'Share...' button in the top right then do 'publish as a webpage' and make sure that 'Automatically republish when changes are made' is checked - you also really only need to publish the first page.

Each time you visit the published page it will poll my.ddo.com (max once per 10 minutes) and get the data again.

If you have any problems PM me and I'll send you my email and you can share the sheet with me and I'll fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiler View Post
    Problem with epics:
    It starts timer in sheet after you collect end reward.
    Which since timer starts when you end uest , is small problem.
    This is a good point, I hadn't considered this. The data of when quests are completed is also available - what I've been meaning to do for a while is get the feed of completed dungeons along with the feed of completed quests then use both sets of data to warn you when you forget to take an end reward - if I do this then I'll have access to the completed dungeon feed and I'll change the epics to use that instead of quests... thanks for the feedback!

Garth

2014 DDO Players Council

Awesome job. I'm using this all the time now

Saves so much effort logging trying to find alts off-timer for something
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

This is remarkably handy.

The forgotten end rewards idea is excellent.

An issue with the epic timers, it counts when you finish the quest on any difficulty. Probably not fixable unless My DDO starts dumping more info, but something to be aware of.

Feature request:
    The ability to display how long a character has been off of timer so characters don't get neglected for too long. This would be handy for people with a lot of characters so they don't neglect one character longer than others for raid completions.

Suggested Implementation:
    On timer entries be in RED.
    Off timer entries display how long character has been off timer in GREEN.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast