Customer Service Representative Victorie's Avatar

Default Unexpected Downgrade from VIP

I've gotten several questions regarding this issue lately, and wanted to put up a helpful sticky.

When you upgrade, the system does NOT charge the subscription fee immediately. It charges the next morning. If you upgrade and then find that the next morning that you are Premium or VIP, the most common cause is that the payment was declined. This can also happen after an expected monthly payment.

Failed payments can be caused by any number of things. Expired credit cards, insufficient funds, even your bank or credit card company can simply decline for any number of reasons. Sometimes card companies do upgrade security without notifying the card holders, which can affect payments to Turbine.

You can see if a failed payment (regardless of the cause) is the reason on the Account Management website. If the account is changed to Premium due to a failed payment, there will be a red warning at the top of the page noting that "One or more of your subscriptions has been suspended due to failed payment." If this is the case, simply add your new card information, and then click the "Get Unlimited Access" button on your DDO subscription.

If that is not the case (which is VERY rare) then please contact the Account Management department.

Please note that we cannot assist with this issue via the forums.

Please note that the previous issue that cause players who canceled VIP and downgraded to Free has been resolved. And this issue never cause anyone have VIP canceled without a cancellation request via the website or contacting Accounts.

Please also note that the issue that caused players to be downgraded last weekend (4/10-11) was due to a specific issue that has been fixed.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

the problem is not fixed.

I just went to log into my VIP account and was surprised to learn that I am now a premium. Really really really pathetic.

I get billed on the 5th...it is the 3rd...there is no possible way this could be related to payment issues.

Fix this by tomorrow or you lose 1 more person who actually pays for stuff in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    [color=SandyBrown][color=Wheat]

Please note that the previous issue that cause players who canceled VIP and downgraded to Free has been resolved. And this issue never cause anyone have VIP canceled without a cancellation request via the website or contacting Accounts.

Please also note that the issue that caused players to be downgraded last weekend (4/10-11) was due to a specific issue that has been fixed.
    you have a new problem.
    Last edited by Tarrant; 05-03-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: same player, 2 posts
    Lost Legion

We suck.

The beholder STRONGLY recommends you check your account instead of making assumptions.

If you have questions about your specific account, please contact the Account Management department.
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

I still don't have back my premium account, which I have since more than a month, so it cannot be a "payment issue". Please, fix the problem, since I have logged in and out a lot of times and still no fixing.

For this issue on 5/26, 5/27 only, please see Tarrant's new post (from the front page of the forums) about this here. Please post there if you are still having this issue. Your post will help us track, and ultimately resolve this issue.

This thread is not being checked for this issue.

Community Member

same here , downgrade from premium : it's the second time it happens to me , last time was after a server update ... hope it'll be fixwd soon ..

As previously stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    For this issue on 5/26, 5/27 only, please see Tarrant's new post (from the front page of the forums) about this here. Please post there if you are still having this issue. Your post will help us track, and ultimately resolve this issue.

This thread is not being checked for this issue.

The most up to date information about this issue can be found here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2990395