Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Make PTP and FTP quests distinctive

For new people with VIP accounts it is hard to distinguish which quests are ptp and which are ftp which is the thorn in the side in orginizing parties. Is there a way to make these quests distinctive from each other for convinence?

Community Member

I have run into the same problem

There needs to be an easy way for people to tell if a quest is f2p or p2p

Default i think

f2p people should get pink names so we know they cant do p2p quest
    Self Proclaimed Super hero to the People with shining red cape!
    Forum poets dun need no stinking proper grammar.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/hlPd5d80kyo

Community Member

Flagging players VIP/Premium/F2P is not an issue IMO

Flagging quests as f2p/p2p is.

Some people are not VIP but are willing to pay for a quest.
    We need an easy way to tell if a quest is f2p/p2p
    so we can state so in our LFG tags

It is very frustrating to put up a PUG
    and not know if the quest is f2p/p2p

Default P2P checking

Simply go to the ddo store and go to the quest guest passes. Sort alphabetically and check if the quest is there. If it is then it's pay to play. Otherwise it's free.

I'm confused. Is this for the reference of people joining the quest? If the quest is selected under the group tab, anyone who wants to join the quest would have an additional icon over the quest if they do not have the quest available if due to being F2P and not having purchased the pack.
    Thelanis - Kyrnis 16 Wiz / 2 Rogue (trap/locksmith)
    Thelanis - Kyrven Blade 20 FvS (melee/heal)
    Thelanis - Kyrse 20 Monk (dark) (current main)
    -- Timezone: UTC +8, plays weekday evenings, weekend random. Very bad Alt-itis habit. --

There is also check boxes on the Social Panel that a player can check to remove any advertisements that they don't meet the requirements. The problem is more of an issue with people not knowing how to use the social panel.

But I see your point if the f2p player is already in your group. It can be difficult if they do not know the quests.

One other thing is that often there are S/E/R groups for areas that are P2P and there's no quest that can be selected for slayers so the "Buy now" button will never show for that group.

If each explorer area was added as a "quest" that would be nice.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Prowler View Post
    Flagging players VIP/Premium/F2P is not an issue IMO

Flagging quests as f2p/p2p is.

Some people are not VIP but are willing to pay for a quest.
    We need an easy way to tell if a quest is f2p/p2p
    so we can state so in our LFG tags

It is very frustrating to put up a PUG
    and not know if the quest is f2p/p2p
    But when you are a f2p player, the social panel TELLS you that you can't do the quest, IF the LFM is filled out PROPERLY AND IN FULL!

I would suggest that it is the responsibility of the party leader to do their job right in the fist place. I'm VIP, btw and always fill my LFM's properly.
    Last edited by Mattee; 04-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    One other thing is that often there are S/E/R groups for areas that are P2P and there's no quest that can be selected for slayers so the "Buy now" button will never show for that group.

If each explorer area was added as a "quest" that would be nice.
    I agree, but the workaround to this is to put a random quest of said wilderness area (e.g. Gianthold Tor) while explicitly stating that you are doing the S/E/R in the group description.
    -- Timezone: UTC +8, plays weekday evenings, weekend random. Very bad Alt-itis habit. --

Quote Originally Posted by Mattee View Post
    But when you are a f2p player, the social panel TELLS you that you can't do the quest, IF the LFM is filled out PROPERLY AND IN FULL!

I would suggest that it is the responsibility of the party leader to do their job right in the fist place. I'm VIP, btw and always fill my LFM's properly.
    That's fine for you responsible types but what about the irresponsible people? Who will help the blind invite spammers who can't bother to fill out the LFM properly?

Quote Originally Posted by BossOfEarth View Post
    That's fine for you responsible types but what about the irresponsible people? Who will help the blind invite spammers who can't bother to fill out the LFM properly?
    It's generally not a good idea to join a group with an irresponsible leader.

Quote Originally Posted by BossOfEarth View Post
    dont accept the blind invites! ppl with manners dont blind invite and why would u group with ppl without any manners? blind invite spammers get what they get and have to deal with the fact they may get f2p players for a p2p quest... its what they get for having no manners although i have to say i sometimes have issues finding the quest in the list but i always write out what quest it is, where it is and if i know then i write p2p

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mattee View Post

So other than looking a quest up in the DDO store,
    how is a VIP to know if a quest is p2p or not?

Being a VIP there is no simple way to check if a quest is p2p/f2p or not.
    How hard would it be to put an asterisk by the p2p quests in the adventure compendium.
    That is where I go to see what quests I haven't done yet, not the DDO store.
    It is a pain in the ass to have to go to the DDO store to figure out if a quest is p2p or not.

Default Check DDOwiki

The easiest way to tell if a quest is F2P or P2P is to check the list of all F2P-quest on ddowiki.com.
    Just have a look here

I agree that filling the LFM properly should solve the prob of F2P-players joining a group for a quest they can't play.

And yes, the P2P-quests or the F2P-quest should be marked in the adventure-compendium somehow. But hovering the mouse over a quest in the compendium should give some information about the area the quest can be found in (if I remember correctly)...

Community Member

The easiest way to tell if a quest is F2P or P2P is to check the list of all F2P-quest on ddowiki.com.

That is the problem.

There should be a way, in game, to see what is f2p.
    I shouldn't have to go to another site to figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by Thorin2001 View Post

I agree that filling the LFM properly should solve the prob of F2P-players joining a group for a quest they can't play.
    you would think wouldn't u? i still get tells or ppl joining then realising it's p2p :| so now ifi know i put p2p in the comments.. makes my ddo playtime that lil less irritated by ppl who cant bother to check :|

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Prowler View Post

That is the problem.

There should be a way, in game, to see what is f2p.
    I shouldn't have to go to another site to figure that out
    Why? Its irrelevant anyway. Unless you get a list of every player on the server and exactly what packs they bought, the list is useless.

its the person whos joining the groups responsibility to make sure they have access to the quest they are joining. THe party leader shoudl make this easier by inputing the exact quest into he LFM Field.

If the party leader is so worried about picking a quest the F2P Player can go on, why not just let the F2P Player choose?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by k0ukla View Post
    you would think wouldn't u? i still get tells or ppl joining then realising it's p2p
    I am (only) Premium myself so I know that checking the LFM gives me the "Buy it now"-option for quests in adventure packs I do not own (although very few). But this only works, when the LFM includes the quest that is intended to play. Which means it is not only in the comments for the LFM.

I agree that it is the joing player's resposibility to check if they are able to play the quest/own the pack. But that seems to be a real problem for some players. It happens more and more often that someone joins my group (although LFM is filled with quest) and the first question is: "Which quest?" ... and the second: "Share plz!" :-/

I have no problem booting someone from the group without warning who isn't able to read the LFM and to realize after joining he/she can't play the intended P2P-quest...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Why? Its irrelevant anyway. Unless you get a list of every player on the server and exactly what packs they bought, the list is useless.
    *** dude ???

I do not need to know who has bought what.

All I need to know is what quests are p2p/f2p

It's not a hard concept to grasp, nor would it be a hard thing to include in the
    Adventure Compendium.

An '*' by the f2p games with a disclaimer at the bottom as to what the '*' stands for

not hard to do at all

I would gladly put in my LFG tags
    weather a quest is f2p/p2p or not
    but have no way to determine that in game
    since I have been a VIP pretty much since day one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast