Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    You are good! Definitely not worth spending money changing, especially since you'll get something you wanted for your stat swap. So many ways to get that +1 (or more) str and con back, including +7 stat items, ship buffs, craftable exceptional gear and even store/yugo pots, which was what I had in mind when I ended on an odd stat. Just make sure that after your bard rages and assorted buffs, you end on an even number (if not, simply shave back an enhancement). Enhancements can and should be adjusted during the life of the toon to accommodate for new items found, game changes, playstyle, and your personal desires at the time.

In no way will +1 str/con be a make or break for this build.

Very happy to hear you like the build! Hope it gives you quite a bit enjoyment
    Thanks! That's nice to hear.

I usually enjoy playing AoE casters. Was afraid when I started this guy that it would be too slow killing mobs 1 at a time, but no worries! This build is a melee AoE explosion!

This is the char I take when I want to do something difficult. Only toon of mine I think can solo the entire Threnal chain at level (OK, I turned it down to Casual for Hold for Reinforcements. Damn Coyle).

Community Member

Hey Leslie

With U11 coming up, what will be the impacts on this build, and what changes will you makes?
    1) stay human, or hal-elf to pick new damage boost from HV
    2) drop 2 levels of barb to go 4 fighter and get haste boost II. Imagine going all in with haste boost II and damage boost IV!!! ouch!!! worth more than +4 STR from barb rage...
    3) go half-orc and rock the boat...

Staying human. Standing pat.

Barb rage increases not only to hit and damage, but health as well. Con & Str stat increases affect skills as well. Barb running speed ta' sweeten.

However I will continue to recommend almost every path, including those you mentioned.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 09-06-2011 at 08:57 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Hey Leslie

With U11 coming up, what will be the impacts on this build, and what changes will you makes?
    1) stay human, or hal-elf to pick new damage boost from HV
    2) drop 2 levels of barb to go 4 fighter and get haste boost II. Imagine going all in with haste boost II and damage boost IV!!! ouch!!! worth more than +4 STR from barb rage...
    3) go half-orc and rock the boat...
    The golden rule now for all melee classes, if you want the best DPS, seems to be:

THF- Half Orc
    TWF- Half Elf with the Rogue Dil. for the sneak attack damage.

Not only do you get the chance to bluff for a sneak attack, but the Half Elves have that extra sneak attack clicky button that can also work. The only real negative to Half Elf compared to human is the loss of the extra feat.
    Last edited by cyadra; 09-09-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyadra View Post
    The golden rule now for all melee classes, if you want the best DPS, seems to be:

THF- Half Orc
    TWF- Half Elf with the Rogue Dil. for the sneak attack damage.

Not only do you get the chance to bluff for a sneak attack, but the Half Elves have that extra sneak attack clicky button that can also work. The only real negative to Half Elf compared to human is the loss of the extra feat.
    and the ugliness that is helf. if you can get past that you are golden

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    and the ugliness that is helf. if you can get past that you are golden

hob
    Exactly, if they didnt make 'em look like Ken & Barbie dolls, I'd feel much better rolling them

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Fellow Bards of Eberron, I kindly welcome ya'll to gather on

Ghallanda - House D - TEMPLE OF THE SOVEREIGN HOST.

This Friday - 3PM or 10PM SHARP.

.. to pay tribute to veterans from the United States and all friendly nations.

Community Member

Default U14 epic thoughts

I noticed you posted in the Mississippi thread about U14 ideas you were brewing. I would be very interested in how you think this build could evolve in U14.

Quote Originally Posted by w4crew1 View Post
    I noticed you posted in the Mississippi thread about U14 ideas you were brewing. I would be very interested in how you think this build could evolve in U14.
    Wow, there are so many ways to go w4, I haven't even begun to think about which way I'll take Genghis.

Fury of the Wild offers the best synergy, as con/strength and THF damage gets the boost big time. However I think Fatesinger is far, far sexier:

Chord of disruption (required 12 - Prereq: Siren's song) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) When siren's song expires, chord of disruption focuses your energy to a single disruptive point causing [5D100+700/6d100+800/7d100+900] disintegrating sonic damage. If save made effects are halved.

Turn of the tide (required 20 - Prereq: Fragment of the song: Valor 1) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Active Cooldown: 10 mins) Expend a Song to activate, Turn of the Tide grants a +5 to hit, +40% damage, DR 15/-, a +4 Charisma, and deals +5d20 +150 Sonic damage per hit. (Sonic damage does not affect Bosses.). In addition, while under the effects of Turn of the Tide, you cannot fail a Will save an a roll of 1. Duration: 20 seconds. Require Draconic incarnation 3 or Magister 3 or Shadowdancer 4

Take a look at all the destinies, which fits your playstyle the best?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies

Community Member

Default thf vs warchanter2

would you advise if dropping the 2hf enhancement line and adding warchanter2 to this build? if you've already addressed it in this thread I missed it and apoligize for the redundant question.

I would keep the fighter feats and add warchanter II.

Default Genghis is BACK!

The magic in this build when I built him a few years back was the awesome speed and power.

Barbarian fast movement + Barbarian Sprint Boost + Expeditious Retreat + Rage + Barbarian Rage + Fighter Haste Boost made you VERY fast and VERY strong, VERY early in your build life.

It's still true in U19 today, and here's how I break it down...

Human tree:

HV Damage and Attack
    HA Strength
    Action Surge Strength
    Improved Recovery II
    Dont Count Me Out III
    GWA III
    Heroism/GH

Warchanter tree:

Skaldic Rage
    Fighting Spirit II
    Song of Heroism
    Inspired Bravery III
    Poetic Edda III
    Boast III
    Words of Encouragement I
    Iced Edges II
    Gathering Cold
    Ironskin Chant III
    Frozen Fury II
    Northwind
    Strength II
    Inspire Recklessness III
    High Spirits III
    Weapon Training
    Rallying Cry II
    Armorer

Frenzied Berserker tree

Diehard
    Extra Rage II
    Power Rage III
    Sprint Boost I

Kensei Fighter

Kensei Focus Axes
    Fighter Haste Boost III

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

I keep all of my speed, most of my power, gain cold damage and resistance to Crushing, Waves fatigue and sleep. I diversified my damage and buffing and took advantage of my human racial abilities. He plays pretty much the same, and has some new candy. Four trees in perfect harmony, booyah!

There's plenty of ways to re-balance this to your liking, so feel free to move action points around based on how you play your bard.

The CON and STR boosts here gel great with any epic destiny.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 08-26-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Barbarian Sprint Boost
    Why not Warchanter Sprint Boost? Bard level 2 and 5 points in tree unlocks it (rightmost column of Warchanter panel)

Is Frenzied Beserker or Kensai worth trading out for any of other Barb or Ftr PrEs? Hell, any reason not to dip a little into them too, since we can have up to 6 trees in use?

And how useful are the Warchanter's cold enhancements? Enough ice casters in mid+ game to warrant taking, or spend the points on...?

(I've rarely run a Bard or Barbarian, not in a while and never for long so mulling over the options)

Quote Originally Posted by Drus-the-Axe View Post
    Why not Warchanter Sprint Boost? Bard level 2 and 5 points in tree unlocks it (rightmost column of Warchanter panel)

Is Frenzied Beserker or Kensai worth trading out for any of other Barb or Ftr PrEs? Hell, any reason not to dip a little into them too, since we can have up to 6 trees in use?

And how useful are the Warchanter's cold enhancements? Enough ice casters in mid+ game to warrant taking, or spend the points on...?

(I've rarely run a Bard or Barbarian, not in a while and never for long so mulling over the options)
    Hey Drus. Warchanter/Barbarian sprint boosts is exactly the same bonus/cost, so either one (sadly they dont stack, that would really be the sh!te!

The rages in the Frenzied Barbarian tree stack, and are "all the ra..." ahemm.. fun! As for the cold, jury is still out, however Kensei Weapon Spec Axes plus extra action boosts is what I'd move to if you plan to not go, or give up the cold bonuses.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344