- requires a lot of gear to get respectable to-hit numbers end game and even that is limited by the clickies/SP/songs between shrines
- Will be clicky intensive for a great deal of content, depending on gear
- THF specifically lacks synergy with 24/7 bard buffs
- Will have a unclear role in PUGs will levelling and learning the game
- Barb Rage specifically locks out casting/scrolls
- Madstone is even more restrictive
Beat things, cc or heal -- those are the options. But there should be a realistic appraisal of what a build can actually do. Further, because THF lacks the synergy to really benefit from 24/7 bard songs, THF is only deceptively "new player friendly". If you are gonna build a DPS bard, might as well do it properly for the class.THF is new player friendly: as you say TWF has less to-hit.
And especially since he has to start with a minimum 15 Dex AND has to have a +2 Tome at the appropriate time to even qualify for TWF Feats.
The Fighter and Barbarian classes adds a little BAB even.
Bard spells, by most Warchanters, are seldom used for CC, but for Extended Buffs.
After a Bard Buffs and Sings, what is there to do?
Sure, probably. But then again, I am a big fan of flavor builds too. Just because I don't think the OP should take a **** on the forum and tell players it's a cookie, doesn't mean I hate the buildSo optimally a Bard should be what? 20th level for that last point of damage, even less to-hit so really don't bother at all with melee, and just spam cure spells and Heal scrolls?
Go back and read what I said -- I never asserted anything more than that this is not a new player build -- it has plenty of warts. Unlike Leslie, I have played barb+bards... Two of them in fact, including a THF version.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I feel dirty even bumping this thread.