Community Member

Default Carnifax Drop Rate

Well its been my 10th run and nothing.... so, I was thinking I've been doing all these runs on Elite. Does this matter? If I do them on casual ( A LOT faster) will the drop rate be the same?

Community Member

Idont think it matters what your difficulty is so far i havent done it on elite and i got the carniflex on my 6th run on normal but i mightj ust be lucky

The difficulty will not matter for endrewards.

So yes, the droprate on casual will be the same.

In my whole DDO career, I ran the chain >100 times - and only pulled the axe 2 times off the list. Others get it on their first try tho.
    Devourer: Anneliese, 20 Drow Sorc

Community Member

IMO it was a very bad change to make static rewards random :-/ that was the whole point of grinding boring quests chains
    and you were guaranteed to upgrade your equipment without relying on random drops/rewards or the overpriced AH and brokers

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Post good luck

Only pulled 2 in 3 years of playing DDO and running that quest more times than I can recall.....at least one of them is now bound to account .

It seems class would matter but it does not seem to as I have put end rewards based on class before starting the chain with a THF Barbarian and never pulled it after 4-6 runs on that character.
    Proud member of Truth Seekers and Windscar Elite on Argonessen! Too many alts to list. Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Cannedheat, Tuarnish, etc.

Pretty sure class makes no difference. I was lucky enough to get a Carnifex on my 4th or 5th run - with my TWF halfling ranger

Thank goodness it's now bound to account not character - next day I rolled a THF dwarf who's still carrying it.

Community Member

I know this is an old thread, but I've had very good luck using a jewel of fortune. I just ran it with my 11 Wizard on normal, using the jewel just before returning to Delera for the final reward and saw every possible loot option. I did have loot specific to class turned off in the options menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I've had very good luck using a jewel of fortune.
    Jewels of fortune are not supposed to matter at all on end rewards or on named loot in chests. They are only supposed to work on random generated loot coming out of chests.

I don't doubt that you got an exhaustive list, I just suspect that the jewel of fortune had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I've had very good luck using a jewel of fortune. I just ran it with my 11 Wizard on normal, using the jewel just before returning to Delera for the final reward and saw every possible loot option. I did have loot specific to class turned off in the options menu.
    This is why you should leave an old dead thread alone. You necro an old thread that happen before the system of every three runs of the quest chain you get the list of all the name items . Then you believe that the loot gem was the cause of this, which it is not. And having specific to class turned off/on as no effect on this type of end reward list for name items.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Community Member

Default Am I really lucky then?

I ran Delera's 2 times on my bard (Hard and Elite), and Carnifex was on the list both times. First time I took Voice, and second time Cartouche.

Is this anomolous? I assumed that it had the same drop chance as any other named.

EDIT: Just saw OP date. Sorry to add to necro hehe

Aes.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    Sorry to add to necro hehe
    Meh, might as well necro. The alternative is to start a new thread on the same topic. Doesn't really matter. If it is something that someone wants to talk about it is going to show up in the forums either way.

One thing that confuses me is why people would want Carnifex any longer. As a +2 keen weapon it isn't anything special anymore. Use to be that the keen part was an expanded crit range so that IC:Slashing worked. Gave an even larger total crit range. That was good stuff.

But now it isn't anything special. Players can almost always find better random generated weapons. Personally, I wouldn't farm for it as it is now. And, since the change was retroactive, I stopped using the ones I have.

IMO it isn't valuable any longer. Characters don't stay at low level long enough for it to be worth working to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Meh, might as well necro. The alternative is to start a new thread on the same topic. Doesn't really matter. If it is something that someone wants to talk about it is going to show up in the forums either way.

One thing that confuses me is why people would want Carnifex any longer. As a +2 keen weapon it isn't anything special anymore. Use to be that the keen part was an expanded crit range so that IC:Slashing worked. Gave an even larger total crit range. That was good stuff.

But now it isn't anything special. Players can almost always find better random generated weapons. Personally, I wouldn't farm for it as it is now. And, since the change was retroactive, I stopped using the ones I have.

IMO it isn't valuable any longer. Characters don't stay at low level long enough for it to be worth working to obtain.
    IC has never stacked with keen. Perhaps you're thinking of barb crit rage enhancements?

The Carnifex IS double-keen 17-20/x3 vs a regular keen greataxe 19-20/x3, which is why its such a huge DPS weapon. Normal/hard you're better off with holy/laceration or other on-hit proc. But on elite when mobs have 300+ and bosses with 700+ the large crit range and x3 multiplier is huge - unless its undead or constructs, carnifex is my goto weapon leveling up to 12 when I switch to greensteel.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    IC has never stacked with keen. Perhaps you're thinking of barb crit rage enhancements?

The Carnifex IS double-keen 17-20/x3 vs a regular keen greataxe 19-20/x3, which is why its such a huge DPS weapon. Normal/hard you're better off with holy/laceration or other on-hit proc. But on elite when mobs have 300+ and bosses with 700+ the large crit range and x3 multiplier is huge - unless its undead or constructs, carnifex is my goto weapon leveling up to 12 when I switch to greensteel.
    at the time mobs start having 300+ hp i am already using whirlwind ;p

Now Carnifex isnt a bad weapon but i really dont understand all the hype about it,
    because there are lots of alternatives which are 1) easier to get and 2) are not so crit dependent
    Even a crafted Weapon is a good alternative, which also has the bonus that you are not bound to using GAxe
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

No, I am discussing Carnifex. Carnifex was originally NOT keen at all. Now it is.

The Carnifex IS double-keen 17-20/x3 vs a regular keen greataxe 19-20/x3, which is why its such a huge DPS weapon.
    Hmmm. Since the retroactive change I can't look at the original stats. Maybe it is the same net effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Now Carnifex isnt a bad weapon but i really dont understand all the hype about it,
    because there are lots of alternatives which are 1) easier to get and 2) are not so crit dependent
    Even a crafted Weapon is a good alternative, which also has the bonus that you are not bound to using GAxe
    The only things easier to get than carnifex are named korthos items and voice of the master.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    No, I am discussing Carnifex. Carnifex was originally NOT keen at all. Now it is.

Hmmm. Since the retroactive change I can't look at the original stats. Maybe it is the same net effect.
    Carnifax's crit range has been 17-20 including the Keen property for several years at least...