Default Newb question about resources

I'm still newb in this game and of course there is a lot to ask but I'll try to make it short and to the point.
    I'm trying to figure how to manage all the stuff collected in quests.

- What things (being a lvl4 ranger) should I sell and where should I sell them in order to get better value?

- Where can I buy +1 or +2 ammo?

I apologize if this subject as been on some thread before but theres is so much info in this forum that for someone new it's a bit hard to browse it.

Default "Newb Advice"

To really make some money, start focusing on your "Haggle" skill when you level up. You find you'll sell items at a higher price and in some instances get a better price on some items as well. I made this mistake being a "newb" myself with my main toon. After donning a +11 haggle necklace, I found at level 16, the difference 2,000 gold per item--at least.

Take the time to try and sell "better" stuff at brokers vs. regular vendors. They'll tell you what they'll buy. The Auction House can also work for you and AGAINST you. It costs to post to the AH--whether you sell or not and if you're running short on cash, you can run even shorter by posting an not selling.

I can't tell you what sells at the AH. I've posted stuff I thought would go instantly at what I felt were reasonable prices and it never moved. I've posted what I felt was "junk" and been amazed what I got for it. It really comes down to what people are looking for.

Keep in mind as a "newb" you'll only have access to certain "plus" weapons and armor based on your level. So don't get frustrated if you can't find a +4 something at 4th level. It just may not exist.

Last bit of advice: Be careful what you sell. Eventually you may find some stuff that you might actually be able to use eventually.

Happy Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxx View Post
    I'm still newb in this game and of course there is a lot to ask but I'll try to make it short and to the point.
    I'm trying to figure how to manage all the stuff collected in quests.

- What things (being a lvl4 ranger) should I sell and where should I sell them in order to get better value?

I apologize if this subject as been on some thread before but theres is so much info in this forum that for someone new it's a bit hard to browse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrinLondo View Post
    To really make some money, start focusing on your "Haggle" skill when you level up. You find you'll sell items at a higher price and in some instances get a better price on some items as well. I made this mistake being a "newb" myself with my main toon. After donning a +11 haggle necklace, I found at level 16, the difference 2,000 gold per item--at least.

Take the time to try and sell "better" stuff at brokers vs. regular vendors. They'll tell you what they'll buy. The Auction House can also work for you and AGAINST you. It costs to post to the AH--whether you sell or not and if you're running short on cash, you can run even shorter by posting an not selling.

I can't tell you what sells at the AH. I've posted stuff I thought would go instantly at what I felt were reasonable prices and it never moved. I've posted what I felt was "junk" and been amazed what I got for it. It really comes down to what people are looking for.

Keep in mind as a "newb" you'll only have access to certain "plus" weapons and armor based on your level. So don't get frustrated if you can't find a +4 something at 4th level. It just may not exist.

Last bit of advice: Be careful what you sell. Eventually you may find some stuff that you might actually be able to use eventually.

Happy Hunting.
    I might suggest, if you have a spare character slot, to roll up a bard. Bards can get their haggle up very high with little effort.

Simply mail your bard the more valuable loot you acquire, and the money will come, guaranteed.

Edit: I'm suggesting rolling a bard because trying to fit haggle in to a Ranger COULD hurt the progress of other skills more important for the build. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Newtons_Apple; 04-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

Default gettin the plat

Collectables at lower levels can be a big plat cow for you. High level players need these to make gear better. At low levels it is not wise for you to improve your gear only to outgrow it, while hi level players will buy what they want from the AH rather than grind low level quest to get it. You would be amazed at how much money you make.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxx View Post
    That kind of expensive ammo would be a big waste. Just use +0 ammo in a magical bow.

There are NPCs who will sell you +1 arrows, but they are scammers don't believe their lies.

Tks guys for the tips. I'll stick to +0 arrows. Anda maybe I'll try the char. with Haggle.