Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2496
    Community Member

Actually I had similar experiences with two other guilds as well, one of which was the first guild I joined who actually told me I couldn't play with them until I had better gear. When I asked to join what I thought was a nice guild they said no. My current guild I have is very inactive and casual, and is just used for access to guild vendors. I was thinking of making a solo guild just for me, but I think you need to have a minimum level to use guild vendors.

Its not just the guilds either, its a general observation of players on this server, most of which seem to be like that.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 12-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    It is a very synergistic build with the find traps spell. Your search will be as good as a pure rogue or arti.

At level 1 rogue / 9 FVS, with my gear and GH I have 39 search and 35 disable traps. I have a 0 ML +10 DD ring so I can put a rogue level on any character I want now, and with a simple +5 to +7 search item my search is high enough with the find traps spell for everything. Regarding stats I did the following:

14 str, 8 dex, 14 con, 12 int, 18 wis, 12 cha.

Not only trapping, but I also have divine favor and divine power plus 1D6+3 sneak damage. And also Human versatality eventually gets me +5 skill boosts and damage and attack boosts too, but only 5 uses per day. I just have CLW and CMW for healing so far, my spell choice so far was:

Level 1 - CLW, Bless, Nimbus of Light, Divine favor
    Level 2 - Find Traps, Soundburst, Resist Energy, CMW
    Level 3 - Searing Light, Prayer, Magic Circle, (CSW or Mass SoF?)
    Level 4 - Holy Smite, Divine Power, (FOM, CCW or another buff?)

In brackets the spells I don't have yet, and I don't know if I need the higher cure spells or some other buffs.

Also I don't know if I want evasion with a second rogue level later, or 19 FVS levels for a second level 9 spell, I'll play around with DDOchargen before deciding, but I need blade barrier first at the least before my second rogue level.

I wouldn't splash rogue personally without at least a 6 build point investment for starting int 14. And that's a fair amount of points to place in a non primary stat on a casting build. If you have a crafter, replacing the +10 with +13 Search/Disable would be very helpful when you do something like VON 5 for example.

This was my reasoning behind stating that it's viable, but not synergistic. The wiz/rogue for example share int for dc's/search/disable. No need to spread build points.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

I just had this comment in an acute delirium hard group. What happened first was someone had to go AFK to vacuum their house at their mother's request, for a very long time and we couldn't gather to progress the quest:

One of the wizards in the group got ****ed off, and decided to start blaming me for my choice of gear as well, calling it the worst group ever, all because I choose to equip an Evocation focus +2 robe, Necromancy focus +2 weapon, and enchantment +2 focus trinket on my FVS (Regalia of the Phoenix, Death's Touch, Xachosian Eardweller / Shard of Xoriat).

I equip these things for three staple spells - Blade barrier, Destruction, Greater Command. I also like to fool about in my groups and zergy spam them everywhere, and end up leading in kill rates most of the times - just about every beholder in Acute Delirium Hard and Lord of Eyes elite was destructed by me, and most of the trash killed by my BB. In other quests when we lack CC, or the wizard has never heard of either disco ball or web, I spam greater command and stuff falls down for a very long time. I also heal people at the same time, *OMG Gasp*, a FVS can actually be an offensive caster, CC, and heal too? But that's impossible because other people lack the skill required to do all that at the same time!

Basically in this group we already had 2 wizards, so I felt like joking around and said 'Look at me, Ima Wizard too <phoenix robe> <deaths touch> <shard of xoriat>. At that point one grumpy wizard starts complaining 'I would prefer my healer to have healer gear'. I am not a healer and I am a wizard as I just said (and this is also written in my Bio), and he was a pale master who I couldn't heal anyway. When I join groups I tell them 'Im an evocation DPS FVS, but I can solo heal too' (this group was led by me so I didn't tell anyone. Before this wizard joined, we completed spinner of shadows, IQ1, IQ2, and Lord of Eyes chain all on elite BB wit me doing healing, evoker stuff, and traps too!).

On the other hand, I would actually like Wizards in my group to play a wizard, and be able to do what my wizard does. This complaining wizard, who was a pale master didn't even Fod / PK a single beholder. Cod was never cast once, I know this because I never saw the animation go off nor heard the sound. No firewalls or AoEs, in fact I had no idea what he was doing, just running around with his auras hitting things with a stick and necro bolt. So I had to actually be the real wizard and do all to instakilling beholders, and killing mobs with BB.

Similarly in a group before that for the spinner of shadows chain, I had another wizard without a single CC spell, no webs, no disco balls. So instead I was spamming greater command on reavers, hell hounds and stone elementals. That way people don't take too much damage and I don't need to heal anywhere near as much. But at least this wizard then went and memorized dancing ball at my request and started using it, though he was a little slow and kept using it on drow instead of web, so I gradually told him 'Drow need to be CCed with web because they have too much spell resistance, Disco ball can work on most other thinks - reavers, hounds, stone elementals', but I still had to command / cometfall most things because he was still learning. For the final quest, spinner of shadows elite, I swapped to my healing staff + blue dragonscale robe and used a few major pots and loads of scrolls too. People died from splitting to get spider essences and being too far away, but overall I managed to heal well enough and res them to complete.

Maybe if you other wizards actually did your jobs properly, my FVS wouldn't have be doing your job all the time in every group.

Oh and the reason Im not using my blue dragon scale robe for BBs at level 18 is because greater arcane lore is useless if stuff keeps on saving against it. Regalia of the phoenix means less stuff saves = full damage.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 12-27-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Community Member

The joys of low level pugging:

Doing a bravery Proof is in the Poison, 5 people are in progress and in the spider area when a 6th joins. 6th gets to the fire bridge area and whines about the trap not being disabled, when he should have seen that none of the people in the group had any arti or rog levels. Someone tries to explain how to jump around the bridge, and as he's doing so the 6th dies in the fire, whines again about not having a trapper, releases and drops group.

Quote Originally Posted by SataN6 View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Smrti was currently holding that belt.

If you want to challenge him for the title, he's around here somewhere.

Also, if this match actually makes it to the ring, I'm selling front row tickets for FRDS/FGDS/LDS/Plat.
    i met a lvl 9 champion (think 7 wiz 2 rogue) with 24 hp, permanent, no negative lvls etc etc

he may deserve that belt XD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    i met a lvl 9 champion (think 7 wiz 2 rogue) with 24 hp, permanent, no negative lvls etc etc

he may deserve that belt XD
    How is that even possible? You get 20hp with Heroic durability at level 1. On a pure class, Drow Sorc with no gear and 6 CON, the planner is showing me 38hp at level 9.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    How is that even possible? You get 20hp with Heroic durability at level 1. On a pure class, Drow Sorc with no gear and 6 CON, the planner is showing me 38hp at level 9.
    With Drow at 6 con, 1 level of monk for windstance, and a bloodrage symbiont, you can get con down to 3, which will give you 24 HP at lvl 9.

I'm not sure how a wizrog would do it, though.

i was thinking, if he was that noobish, he could do something like... be lawful and wear a true chaos item and get a permanent neg level.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.rys View Post
    i was thinking, if he was that noobish, he could do something like... be lawful and wear a true chaos item and get a permanent neg level.
    And you have to be lawful if you follow monk splash route

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    With Drow at 6 con, 1 level of monk for windstance, and a bloodrage symbiont, you can get con down to 3, which will give you 24 HP at lvl 9.
    Will it? I thought the minimum HP per level is 1, even if your con would put you at 0, which would mean you're at 29 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    Will it? I thought the minimum HP per level is 1, even if your con would put you at 0, which would mean you're at 29 HP.
    That's correct, so at level 20 the least HP you can have is 20 (and I have a screenshot proving that!).
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    That would mean minimum HP is 9, isn't it?

You also get a heroic durability feat at level 1, which gives +20 HP..

But you said "minimum 1 HP from level", not from feats
    Note that NexEverto also stated 20 HP at level 20, not 40

Quote Originally Posted by NexEverto View Post
    That's correct, so at level 20 the least HP you can have is 20 (and I have a screenshot proving that!).
    pics or it didn't happen

pics or it didn't happen
    Wait for it...

It's coming.
    Khyber -- Leader of The Helpers Guild
    Characters - Spadeqt, Nitauni, Spaarky, Halfpryce, Spadertot, Zynzii

"9 out of 10 potatoes wish they could be a Spadertot"

Edit: Should I black out the names even though 2 of the 3 others in party have already posted above concerning it? Just to be safe, anyway..

Edit2: Blacked out the innocent...
    Last edited by Kalatai; 01-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Kalatai, Kalatabi, Qindyilea, Zayrin, Dabaconator, Kalbot, Kalatubi, Falemaster, Technikality, Gimptastyc, Bonesnapp, Kalapoke, Kalameh, Kalafuzz.
    Officer of The Helpers Guild - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Note that NexEverto also stated 20 HP at level 20, not 40

pics or it didn't happen
    I said I had proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoticfrog View Post
    Wait for it...

It's coming.
    Your making this feel like a game show!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalatai View Post
    A PICTURE!
    PROOF!

Regarding names, I'd remove them, it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Last edited by NexEverto; 01-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Quote Originally Posted by Kalatai View Post
    Edit: Should I black out the names even though 2 of the 3 others in party have already posted above concerning it? Just to be safe, anyway..
    There's no reason to edit out the names if you're not trying to draw negative attention to the people in question. Just because they happen to be in party doesn't make it an issue, per say.
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Quote Originally Posted by NexEverto View Post
    Regarding names, I'd remove them, it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Well it's too late now that you've quoted the picture! =D But I guess I will anyway.

As far as Gimpy goes, taking her to 25, she should still have the 1hp/level thing going on. Epic levels grant 8hp per level, I believe. But can negate 5 of that with Con score, so overall 3 hp per level over 5 levels is 15 hp. 15+3 is still below the 1hp/level. Could have even gone with less by going 19 wiz 1 monk and lose 4 hp that way. But the 50+ reflex save with evasion kept me from naming her itaketen percentxp.
    Kalatai, Kalatabi, Qindyilea, Zayrin, Dabaconator, Kalbot, Kalatubi, Falemaster, Technikality, Gimptastyc, Bonesnapp, Kalapoke, Kalameh, Kalafuzz.
    Officer of The Helpers Guild - Khyber

Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125 LastLast