Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2496

Quote Originally Posted by pie2655 View Post
    Women are superior in every way to men.
    Except peeing on a wall standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Except peeing on a wall standing up.
    Got it covered.
    http://www.go-girl.com/
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    Got it covered.
    http://www.go-girl.com/
    I don't know that I WANT to know how you knew about that... :/

Community Member

Gaaah, it's women's rights run rampant! When will it stop?! This technology is an abomination to the natural order, rabble rabble rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    I'm down for it, but I'm not going to blow of getting laid on my Bday for you tools.
    I'd offer to fill in for Bonni when we were done with DR, but I don't think I'm your type

I'm up for it and I know I can convince Mike to join us. Might even be able to talk Ryan into coming as well. I say, toss up the LFM here for it and see who bites. I'm okay with a 7 start over 6--my preference anyway, as it gives me enough time to get the kids fed and set for the night. And on the off chance you can't do it, I plan on getting Mike drunk as hell and taking advantage of him, so I win either way :P
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Community Member

Default Let's do Friday night.

I'm taking Sat. off anyway and Bonni has to work on Sat..
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I don't know that I WANT to know how you knew about that... :/
    You have to know these things if yoy're a founder.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I only just remembered this one.

First time I ever got bees in Hound, and I'm on a healer, healing those puppies,

"Arrgh! What is this? I can't see!"

Casts break enchant.

INSTAWIPE!!!

Oops.

(Wonderful guildies quite forgiving- I did have rather bad flu at the time)
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Not exactly stupid in what they said but:

I was doing Invaders elite solo runs at level 14 when I saw an LFM up for Invaders. They had 3 people in the group and it was open to all classes at my level. I was a pure artificer and figured it would be faster in a group that could split up. I clicked to join and there was no answer. I did 2 more solo runs as I went in and out and saw them standing at the quest entrance (moving around as well). Never a peep to my request to join or a decline.

Why do people put up an LFM with all classes and yet don't let people join?
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    I only just remembered this one.

First time I ever got bees in Hound, and I'm on a healer, healing those puppies,

"Arrgh! What is this? I can't see!"

Casts break enchant.

INSTAWIPE!!!

Oops.

(Wonderful guildies quite forgiving- I did have rather bad flu at the time)
    If you had bees you wouldn't have been able to cast anything at all. You were only pollinated.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    If you had bees you wouldn't have been able to cast anything at all. You were only pollinated.
    Oh? I definitely cast break enchant and wiped the raid. I remember that much.

Is there two stages to it?
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Oh? I definitely cast break enchant and wiped the raid. I remember that much.

Is there two stages to it?
    dont quote me on this - but the first part is getting hit by the attack - blinding you - and the 2nd part is failing your save - bees. when you have bees you cannot cast.

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Not exactly stupid in what they said but:

I was doing Invaders elite solo runs at level 14 when I saw an LFM up for Invaders. They had 3 people in the group and it was open to all classes at my level. I was a pure artificer and figured it would be faster in a group that could split up. I clicked to join and there was no answer. I did 2 more solo runs as I went in and out and saw them standing at the quest entrance (moving around as well). Never a peep to my request to join or a decline.

Why do people put up an LFM with all classes and yet don't let people join?
    Now I just send a tell after any lengthy wait. I let them know "If you don't want me just hit decline. No biggie I'll just go solo it. I thought I'd save some time."

Sometimes. Not all the time. Your join bugs and they can't accept you.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Community Member

Not really sure if this counts, but recently I keep on getting people wanting to join my 'Elite BB' LFMs who are far beyond the level range. I know that the level range selection is broken and a lot of people still look at those and click to join which isn't their fault, but then you get stuff like this:

- STK on elite BB, LFM says 'Elite BB, only levels 3-5'. A level 8 wizard tries to join and I reject him. Then I get whispers ... Hi why can't I join? Level 8 isn't above the BB range for this quest. You can still get BB with a level 8.

No. You can't. Go away.

- Sharn Syndicate series, LFM says 'level range 4-6 only, elite BB'. At least 10 level 7s try to join and I decline them (ok, broken LFG system, so all but one are excused). The one that's not excused PMs me 'good luck with only taking level 6s over a level 7'. So I reply and say 'Did you read the LFM or even know what BB means?'. His reply 'I did read the LFM and know what BB is you noob'.

Erm no, you are the 'noob'.

Its time to start adding password requests to my LFMs, something that I don't like doing but its now required.

Another one is that I just TRed my third life Wiz into a FVS because I want to gain 3 FVS past lives. I was strongly thinking about, and weighing up the pros and cons about taking a rogue splash because I hate having to wait for trappers, and most groups always tend to be lacking trappers and / or healers, so such a splash would make it easy to get into any group, and also in my own groups I wouldn't need to wait for a trapper. However also a lot of people would complain about it being a noob class combo and wouldnt let me into their groups.

Someone who's known me in game for a while PMs me ... 'lol why would you ruin your new character like that? Your classes don't go together at all'. Well I want to simply zerg through 3 x FVS lives and I don't want to wait all day for a trapper. I can pretty much pick up any 1-3 other people and do all my elites with a couple of hires.

He replies 'But don't you know they raised the trap level cap on almost I everything in the game? You're not going to be able to find any traps on elite'.

/facepalm. STK, Sharn Syndicate, House P carnival chains all done on elite, level 7 reached in 2 days, and I did all the traps easilly (I did STK elite twice to help out another group that was stuck for ages without a trapper. Level 2 divine spell 'Find Traps' says 'Hi! You can build a capable cleric or FVS with a single rogue level and decent gear and handle any traps in the game that don't need evasion'. The little 1D6+3 sneak damage from a single rogue level is also really nice, and with 14 starting strength and divine favor / power I can melee well with simple caster quarterstaffs and heal, plus Im evocation focused with 3 wizard past lives ... Yes my FVS lives will be awesome fun

I might eventually do some sorc and cleric lives too, but that would take ages.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 12-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post

He replies 'But don't you know they raised the trap level cap on almost I everything in the game? You're not going to be able to find any traps on elite'.
    I get this all the time on my splashes. Drives me insane! 1 rogue lvl, maxed stats and gear, never had a single issue. Even on old epics! It's really not that difficult people!

Your new build sounds like plenty of fun to me, enjoy
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Someone who's known me in game for a while PMs me ... 'lol why would you ruin your new character like that? Your classes don't go together at all'. Well I want to simply zerg through 3 x FVS lives and I don't want to wait all day for a trapper. I can pretty much pick up any 1-3 other people and do all my elites with a couple of hires.

I might eventually do some sorc and cleric lives too, but that would take ages.
    It's not what one would call a synergistic splash, but it is certainly viable. I haven't tried that with my FvS lives I am doing with my wiz project. Instead I went with a 1 barb splash to get movement speed/martial proficiency/sprint boost/some melee ability when I need it. Having splashed rogue onto monk lives though, I can't see how it wouldn't work. Just gear intensive, and the 14 int becomes costly in build points until you have +3 or better tomes lying around.

It's better to try new things though. I know I ran out of gas recently during the 3rd FvS life on my wizzy. My guild has been gracious enough to help me cap out and be done. Really didn't consider just how nice it is having a static group when doing those tr's out of the preferred class. It's worth it to have a guild or static group if you can. Makes things much more fun.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    It's not what one would call a synergistic splash
    I disagree, my good sir. Certainly it's not as common as say rangers with a rogue splash, but with the find traps spell providing a synergistic bonus to your trapping, a favoured reflex save to give you a chance to get use from your evasion (assuming you grab rogue 2), it looks rather good on paper.

But then again, I see things from a lightly different perspective to most players, when it comes to splashes and multiclassing, I think.

Community Member

It is a very synergistic build with the find traps spell. Your search will be as good as a pure rogue or arti.

At level 1 rogue / 9 FVS, with my gear and GH I have 39 search and 35 disable traps. I have a 0 ML +10 DD ring so I can put a rogue level on any character I want now, and with a simple +5 to +7 search item my search is high enough with the find traps spell for everything. Regarding stats I did the following:

14 str, 8 dex, 14 con, 12 int, 18 wis, 12 cha.

Not only trapping, but I also have divine favor and divine power plus 1D6+3 sneak damage. And also Human versatality eventually gets me +5 skill boosts and damage and attack boosts too, but only 5 uses per day. I just have CLW and CMW for healing so far, my spell choice so far was:

Level 1 - CLW, Bless, Nimbus of Light, Divine favor
    Level 2 - Find Traps, Soundburst, Resist Energy, CMW
    Level 3 - Searing Light, Prayer, Magic Circle, (CSW or Mass SoF?)
    Level 4 - Holy Smite, Divine Power, (FOM, CCW or another buff?)

In brackets the spells I don't have yet, and I don't know if I need the higher cure spells or some other buffs.

Also I don't know if I want evasion with a second rogue level later, or 19 FVS levels for a second level 9 spell, I'll play around with DDOchargen before deciding, but I need blade barrier first at the least before my second rogue level.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 12-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    It's worth it to have a guild or static group if you can. Makes things much more fun.
    Erm, don't even get me started on Guilds on Khyber, there are very few of them worth playing with. Pugs are far more fun and I enjoy the randomness. Its also much quicker than waiting for a guild group. I only play DDO over around 2-3 months a year, 95% guilds aren't going to keep me in them while I'm not playing for more than 6 months. One of my first experiences when I was new to DDO was being ignored by an entire elitist guild because I joined a Shroud pug, and the very last 12th person that joined the pug, and who was also the only person from her guild in the pug didn't like that I wasn't 100% perfect or up to her guilds required standards, and ended up getting her entire guild to blacklist me when the only thing I didn't know was the order of the portals and I was the only arcane in the group. I had her yelling down her mic to everyone that I was a useless player and had no role in the group because I couldn't clear the portals, and then she went whinging to her guild afterwards and they all blacklisted me since I wasn't allowed into any group from then on with members of that guild (yay typical Khyber guilds).

(yay typical Khyber guilds).
    You had a bad experience with a guild. Okay, I can empathize with that. But to label the majority of them as bad elitist guilds is quite unreasonable. There are plenty of stuck up elite guilds. There are also plenty of friendly helpful guilds. I have my own guild-of-one but party regularly with several guilds on Khyber. I met them all by pugs and just being open. Some I met in similar circumstances as your Shroud run; I was new to the raid and let the guild (it was a guild run) know that. More than once I've had half the party working together to explain the raid to me even though I wasn't a member nor had any desire to become a member.

I still get tells from guilds when they do their runs to see if I'm free. There are good, helpful guilds on Khyber. You just need to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    He can, he just thinks Elminster is a tool.

Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast