Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

Exclamation oh boy.

I am the ranger that was acting noobish. I was genuinely thanking the gentleman that assisted me. And it IS amazing that noone ever thought to help me for the 16 levels of grinding I went through to have a very embarrassing moment in a group. BUT- in the spirit of this thread, I was, indeed, picking on myself. Hope that clears up some internal battles between others on my behalf.

*bows*
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    I am the ranger that was acting noobish. I was genuinely thanking the gentleman that assisted me. And it IS amazing that noone ever thought to help me for the 16 levels of grinding I went through to have a very embarrassing moment in a group. BUT- in the spirit of this thread, I was, indeed, picking on myself. Hope that clears up some internal battles between others on my behalf.

*bows*
    You're too nice for Khyber, you should have let them keep fighting and laughed about it, because if a person can't even pick on himself.. something's wrong!
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Community Member

Default Vindicater

Quote Originally Posted by vindicater View Post
    No neg rep from me becuse when I read OP I was saying man disavowed the stress of dealing with all the noobs must really be getting to you. But I will say that when I started playing Harp & Beergirl were the most helpful and patient people you could ask for. If now the frustration mounts it probably is becuse now all the noobs think they are experts by time there first toon gets to level 7.
    You might be right. It may be getting to me. As most are aware of I'm in no guilds and I only pug. So I think I come across this more than most. It's gotten to where I'd rather solo than pug it seems like. There seems to be way too many noobs out there and not enough newbs out there.

So I guess maybe my patience is wearing thin. I still love running with the new person who asks questions and learns. Last week there was an LFM up for Crucible elite stating they needed a guide and a rogue and only had one spot left. That's one of my favorite quests to teach people. So I sent him a tell saying I don't have a rougue but I had a toon that could make the swim and get thru the spinner room if he wanted me. He said yes.

I jumped on Boddingtons got in the group and not one person was familiar with the quest. They all were newbs. They followed directions to the T. The cleric had greater command learned when and where to use it fast and effectively. The bard kept the mobs on top of the maze charmed every time without any direction other than the first time as we entered the maze. Nobody got lost in the maze they all stuck together or stayed on their valves. It was a flawless newb run.

The bad thing is there is only one run like that in 10 these days it seems. They rest are the opposite making me want to solo instead.

But thank you for having my back and also pointing out that I'm getting a little short fused. Same to you Boldrin thanks for having my back as well.

Sick em Eric, RAWR!

PS. what did you think was gonna happen when they let 100,000 freetards loose on the server
    I've met and chatted with both Dave Arneson and Gary Gygax.
    To both of you, I raise a glass in toast and say THANK YOU!
    There are other ways and OTHER FORUMS, PM Strakeln for details.
    Lackey, Pee-on and general No Good Doo-er of BANNED FROM ALL GUILDS!

I am with you Beerguy in most of your posts of late. I am very tired of the new trend on this server "that there is one way to do quests and you better be over level".

In general I think this is a symptom of the new design trend to provide Easy Button for all things. This game used to be challenging to learn and difficult to master. Now "lets run casual we do not have a cleric in the group"....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Gornn 1:39:12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYFan View Post
    All the spouses of DDO players got together and launched a coordinated distributed denial-of-service attack...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by malicia View Post
    I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

Boy you sure showed that noob, congrats buddy!
    Dude, you've been here over two years, you should know why this topic is acceptable forum material. Would you prefer to read about ponies and flowers?
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    I disagree entirely with your labeling of this scenerio as noob. I think many people would agree with the party member that its silly for a tempest ranger to not even have some casting ability. Rangers have some of the best support and self buffing spells.. its silly to not use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Agreed... I carry a PoP X on my level 12 ranger...not a common item I know. But I can easily barkskin everyone in my raid party and have enough left over for a few resists/protections once I burn the 100 points buffing at the start I switch in my Bloodstone. You are totally wasting half of the ranger class by not having enough wisdom to cast. The extra AC for you alone from barks is a huge help never mind the survivability increase from resists or the extra damage from Ram's.
    Jesus Christ guys... read then respond.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Not enough coffee...
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Dudes and dudettes, way too heavy for a Monday. Here's one:

"****, I think I fell"

Me, on the high road to A Vision of Destruction.
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Community Member Tymoriel_Ayreweaver's Avatar

I did read... I mistook the comments for sarcasm. I believe I even stated that in a later post.. perhaps one should take one's own advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check....

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    You might be right. It may be getting to me. As most are aware of I'm in no guilds and I only pug. So I think I come across this more than most. It's gotten to where I'd rather solo than pug it seems like. There seems to be way too many noobs out there and not enough newbs out there.

So I guess maybe my patience is wearing thin. I still love running with the new person who asks questions and learns. Last week there was an LFM up for Crucible elite stating they needed a guide and a rogue and only had one spot left. That's one of my favorite quests to teach people. So I sent him a tell saying I don't have a rougue but I had a toon that could make the swim and get thru the spinner room if he wanted me. He said yes.

I jumped on Boddingtons got in the group and not one person was familiar with the quest. They all were newbs. They followed directions to the T. The cleric had greater command learned when and where to use it fast and effectively. The bard kept the mobs on top of the maze charmed every time without any direction other than the first time as we entered the maze. Nobody got lost in the maze they all stuck together or stayed on their valves. It was a flawless newb run.

The bad thing is there is only one run like that in 10 these days it seems. They rest are the opposite making me want to solo instead.

But thank you for having my back and also pointing out that I'm getting a little short fused. Same to you Boldrin thanks for having my back as well.
    Demmit, dont make me +rep you!!! Let me wipe the tear from my eye first tho....

Rich

(cant believe i cant think of a Noob memory concerning the OP from oh so long ago when he was still a Newb) Been away too long i think

Rich
    Last edited by Lorichie; 04-05-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Strake, if everyone did that, then you'd not have that "other place" to bring them too

R

Noob: Your worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).
    Priceless!

And is that legal in most states?

Community Member

Default TY deathtouch

Quote Originally Posted by deathtouch View Post
    Disavowed, I think you misheard what newbie noob was saying, I made the correction for you.

Me: No it's a level 7 quest.

Noob: Well you're only level 4.

Me: So what does that have to do with it?

Noob: All your toons are worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).

Now had he said that it would have been half true and funny as well. Then I wouldn't have made the post. +1 for the smart a$$ funny comment. Sh!t usually it's Gornn that gets shots off like that on me. Now I'm going to have to look out for you too. LOL

Community Member

Default Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lorichie View Post
    Demmit, dont make me +rep you!!! Let me wipe the tear from my eye first tho....

Rich

(cant believe i cant think of a Noob memory concerning the OP from oh so long ago when he was still a Newb) Been away too long i think

Rich
    I can name many. Think about when you took me out to the slayer area in GH for my 1st time. It scared the sh!t out of me. But that was more like newb & not noob because I listened to you. Otherwise I think I'd have seen the area from your backpack.

I can name many. Think about when you took me out to the slayer area in GH for my 1st time. It scared the sh!t out of me. But that was more like newb & not noob because I listened to you. Otherwise I think I'd have seen the area from your backpack.
    Yeah, lots of Newb moments i can remember, one in particular in Feast or Famine, involving the Running man, Face plant, a keyboard and a wife........Epic!!!

R

Mebbe that was just a funny moment, not so much Noob or Newb.....

Community Member

Default Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lorichie View Post
    Yeah, lots of Newb moments i can remember, one in particular in Feast or Famine, involving the Running man, Face plant, a keyboard and a wife........Epic!!!

R

Mebbe that was just a funny moment, not so much Noob or Newb.....
    Funny for sure. If it qualifies as newb don't surprised if I don't do it again. lol

Still trying to live this one down.

I join a VON 5&6 run on my new wizzy experiment. He does just fine throughout part 5. We get to part 6 and I'm placed on the third base team. Leader of that team gives the go. I hit autorun so I can hit a couple of clickies on the way in preparation...

Party leader calls my name and says wait. Confused, I turn to see him and run right off of the bridge....

Yeah, talk about embarrassing. Still don't think I've apologized enough for that bright bulb move.

I refer to post No resist??? by our Slink... reason said inquiry was made in such post is in fact and while I suppose reiteration a tad mundane and really he (because he had the star could explain better) I present for such posting ... my observance.

We were in shroud ... along were two level 20 clerics (no rangers or pallys in group)

The requests for fire resist were made prior part four...

a cleric promptly dropped mass protect,
    and then again the request were made - "May we have fire resists?" delivered with an aire of discontent in our Slinks voice.
    both clerics answered - "Sorry, I do not have the fire resist spell."
    The retort from our Slink - "Can you please go shrine and load it?"
    One of said clerics reply was and I repeat such from the mouth of a level 20 cleric - "Oh, I did not know I could switch spells?" - struck uncertainty in me.
    --- off he goes towards the shrine...
    Meanwhile I equip my greaves and a greater resist ring in place of my +3 exceptional strength.

I would like to add though we did complete and the clerics did a great job ... truely was newbie and not noobie ... yet you never know.
    Last edited by Emili; 04-05-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Still trying to live this one down.

I join a VON 5&6 run on my new wizzy experiment. He does just fine throughout part 5. We get to part 6 and I'm placed on the third base team. Leader of that team gives the go. I hit autorun so I can hit a couple of clickies on the way in preparation...

Party leader calls my name and says wait. Confused, I turn to see him and run right off of the bridge....

Yeah, talk about embarrassing. Still don't think I've apologized enough for that bright bulb move.
    Oh, well hell if we talking about ourselves in our finest moments....

Spider one in Meridia (been too long cant remember), easy run as always, got to, leader explains what we gonna do and how we gonna do it. We go in, stone spiders, pull baddies away, kill baddies, get to last guy, seems to be going a bit slow, cleric comes over....comet fall, flame strike, (other flamey spell cant remember), repeat until named almost dead...

Voice from mic, "stop stop stop, who's killing the spiders!!" Cleric pipes up, err um yeah.....Guess who the cleric was?

Moah sleep needed...

R

Hmm now see thats still not Noob, still only funny...mebbe the fact that ive not listened and posted something stupid twice in a row is actually Noob? i suppose...

R

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast