Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Noob's stupid remark of the week.

I'm going to start this as a weekly thread. As it seems like every week, some noob comes up with something stupid to say. Please add the best stupid thing you hear a noob say as I need a laugh. Here's one from last night.

I had an LFM up for Tear of Dhakaan on norm level 4-6 saying be self sufficient may not bring a healer.

I'm on Sam Adams who's now TR'd.

Group fills and as we get to the first bridge and the WF monk (noob) says.

Noob: Sam you're only level 4.

Me: Ya so?

Noob: This is a level 8 quest.

Me: No it's a level 7 quest.

Noob: Well you're only level 4.

Me: So what does that have to do with it?

Noob: Your worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).

Half way thru noob has no HP or pots even though LFM says be self sufficient. We get to the end of the quest. I get the pleasure of saying. "Wow!! I was of no use to the party. I was at the top of the kill count and killed 20% more than your level 6 monk, and I burned off 2 cure mod wands heling people. I'm glad I was worthless and of no use in here."

Just makes me think. How did we used to do Stormcleave with a group of all level 4's when it's a level 10 quest? Since according to noob. A level 4 should be worthless in Tear, a level 7 quest.

The hits just keep on coming.

So that's my noob stupid remark of the week. Please feel free to add more as they come up.

Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

So says this level SIXTEEN ranger:

Party member: can I get a barkskin?

Ranger: sorry man, I'm a tempest. Don't have casting ability.

Party member: What's your wisdom?

Ranger: 10.

Party member: Go buy a +4 wis ring, some components, and give out buffs. DDO 101, buddy.

Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man.

YES - this really happened.

FYI- I'm that ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

Had my first Tempest Spine wipe over the weekend in 6 months of play. It was full of first timers, and the leader was one of them. Not usually a problem, but he insisted all follow him, without declaring up front that he did not know the quest. He wasn't the noob tho.....

Level 10 cleric declares he is going to heal main tank only. Other cleric is level 8. He refuses to res someone who didnt have fire resist on the run in, actually screaming over he mic at the GD 8th level cleric because he doesn't have "Resurrect." At this point in time, the 10 level cleric was completely out of spell points....even though he did not buff anyone with fire resist/prot. We go into fire and ice, and he ragequits after being left alone and getting killed by all the hill giants after killing the ice flenser(which was properly pulled). All the time he's using profanity and screaming over the mic at all the "noobs" who didnt know the quest. He actually quit after I asked him if he knew the quest so well.....why didn't he know you have to kill the Fire Reaver immediately after the Ice Flenser died.

Going to count myself as very lucky for going this long on a new server without a wipe on TS, or any raid, for that matter

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Sigh.

I've done so many noobish things this week. Accompanied by comments from me that would have been noobish. Most of which I don't remember precisely but the responses were generally "oh Mel" "lol" - or even more worryingly just silence.

Like Kepli in the case of one silence I made the comment "I welcome any comments on this because it's my first arcane" which then let forth a wealth of information from my party members on the particular situation and ways I could aim to fix it (unable to fts giants in prey - um, yeah, i'm 18. oops...). So now I have an idea of some items, which spells to use, what I need to craft and how I need to reset my enhancements and the abilities of my character should be fixed (er... though not necessarily the abilities of the person trying to play him... but I'm working on that too).

This game is complicated!
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    I'm going to start this as a weekly thread. As it seems like every week, some noob comes up with something stupid to say. Please add the best stupid thing you hear a noob say as I need a laugh. Here's one from last night.

I had an LFM up for Tear of Dhakaan on norm level 4-6 saying be self sufficient may not bring a healer.

I'm on Sam Adams who's now TR'd.

Group fills and as we get to the first bridge and the WF monk (noob) says.

Noob: Sam you're only level 4.

Me: Ya so?

Noob: This is a level 8 quest.

Noob: Your worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).

Half way thru noob has no HP or pots even though LFM says be self sufficient. We get to the end of the quest. I get the pleasure of saying. "Wow!! I was of no use to the party. I was at the top of the kill count and killed 20% more than your level 6 monk, and I burned off 2 cure mod wands heling people. I'm glad I was worthless and of no use in here."

Just makes me think. How did we used to do Stormcleave with a group of all level 4's when it's a level 10 quest? Since according to noob. A level 4 should be worthless in Tear, a level 7 quest.

The hits just keep on coming.

So that's my noob stupid remark of the week. Please feel free to add more as they come up.
    I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

Boy you sure showed that noob, congrats buddy!
    Elementia : Aleksia : Ninetysix : Dumi - Utopia of Khyber

“The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long... and you have burned so very very brightly”

Community Member Tymoriel_Ayreweaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    So says this level SIXTEEN ranger:

Party member: can I get a barkskin?

Ranger: sorry man, I'm a tempest. Don't have casting ability.

Party member: What's your wisdom?

Ranger: 10.

Party member: Go buy a +4 wis ring, some components, and give out buffs. DDO 101, buddy.

Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man.

YES - this really happened.

FYI- I'm that ranger.
    I disagree entirely with your labeling of this scenerio as noob. I think many people would agree with the party member that its silly for a tempest ranger to not even have some casting ability. Rangers have some of the best support and self buffing spells.. its silly to not use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check....

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    I disagree entirely with your labeling of this scenerio as noob. I think many people would agree with the party member that its silly for a tempest ranger to not even have some casting ability. Rangers have some of the best support and self buffing spells.. its silly to not use them.
    Your reading it wrong. The poster was unaware that they could cast spells, and actually thanked to person helping them. They grew up to be self buffing strong ranger because of this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by malicia View Post
    ...i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.
    Adlai Stevenson once said, "Some people approach every problem with an open mouth."
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Agreed... I carry a PoP X on my level 12 ranger...not a common item I know. But I can easily barkskin everyone in my raid party and have enough left over for a few resists/protections once I burn the 100 points buffing at the start I switch in my Bloodstone. You are totally wasting half of the ranger class by not having enough wisdom to cast. The extra AC for you alone from barks is a huge help never mind the survivability increase from resists or the extra damage from Ram's.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

I think he was labeling the ranger as the noob in his story and not the party member that told him he needed to buy the wisdom ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

Think you may need to realize something, Disavowed is a good guy who is one of the few people with skill that will actually explain things to noobs, but that being said.. The noob accosted him, saying he was worthless, did he ask for that? No. Personally, I'd have let the monk die and leave his stone there for the insult.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
    I think he was labeling the ranger as the noob in his story and not the party member that told him he needed to buy the wisdom ring.
    Already two posts that missed that point. I think you may be fighting a losing battle.

I surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Your reading it wrong. The poster was unaware that they could cast spells, and actually thanked to person helping them. They grew up to be self buffing strong ranger because of this advice.
    Oh... I get it now. Thank you for pointing out my error. I thought the ranger was being sarcastic when saying "Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man."

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.. I expect everyone else is too.

No neg rep from me becuse when I read OP I was saying man disavowed the stress of dealing with all the noobs must really be getting to you. But I will say that when I started playing Harp & Beergirl were the most helpful and patient people you could ask for. If now the frustration mounts it probably is becuse now all the noobs think they are experts by time there first toon gets to level 7.
    Kyber:
    Home of Stamper the Seeker 20 dwarven barbarian, Jox Everheal 17 human cleric, Justwanta Burn 20 WF sorc, and Lubejob Fleshie Killer WF 10 wizzey/2 rog.

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.
    I don't know what those words mean, but you better not be sassing me.

Smile

Oh... I get it now. Thank you for pointing out my error. I thought the ranger was being sarcastic when saying "Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man."

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.. I expect everyone else is too.
    No you were right the first time.
    Think he was having cleric syndrome.
    Kyber:
    Home of Stamper the Seeker 20 dwarven barbarian, Jox Everheal 17 human cleric, Justwanta Burn 20 WF sorc, and Lubejob Fleshie Killer WF 10 wizzey/2 rog.

Community Member

Default Malicia

That was far from boasting. As you said anyone can solo that quest and they don't even have to be a TR to do it, so it was no major accomplishment. Did I get pleasure from my comment to the noob? Yes. Do I get pleasure from the post? No it was an opportunity to vent and laugh at the same.

I'm tired of noobs with no clue or imagination telling me what level I have to be to run a quest. IE. shroud on norm level 18-20. Or how my build won't work when they have no clue what I'm building or the mechanics of the game. If I'm not a straight fighter I cant' be a tank yet their fighter starts with a 10 Con and they claim to be a tank.

So when someone insiuates I'm piker in a group that I'm leading and says I'm going to be worthless says it in group chat. Then yes I'm going to enjoy EDUCATING them at the end of the quest that they don't know sh!t about the game, and that they shouldn't be so closed minded. Just like all the other noobs on here.

As I always say. NEWBS are great to have in the game. They study it and ask questions, they learn and observe. They liten to and use advice given. They are fun to run with and to teach the game to.

NOOBS on the other hand. Are close minded, don't listen, think they know everything, and are a pain in the a$$. They're the ones who insist you have to bring a cleric or you can't finish the quest. Or that a wizzy w/ one level of rogue can join the group looking for a rogue because they think he won't be able to take down the traps.

Thus this was entitled NOOB comment and was about NOOBS, and I have no problem slamming a NOOB.

Just because one is new doesn't mean they have to be a NOOB. They can be a NEWB they have a choice.

I read his point as don't call someone a piker unless you know what your talking about because a well built and well geared person with a clue can run quests well above their level with ease.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I don't know what those words mean, but you better not be sassing me.
    Mr Webster can help you with that :P now THATS sass.

Disavowed, I think you misheard what newbie noob was saying, I made the correction for you.

Noob: All your toons are worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).

Show me someone who believes in something, and I will show you a fool : Kerr Avon

Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast