Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Noob's stupid remark of the week.

I'm going to start this as a weekly thread. As it seems like every week, some noob comes up with something stupid to say. Please add the best stupid thing you hear a noob say as I need a laugh. Here's one from last night.

I had an LFM up for Tear of Dhakaan on norm level 4-6 saying be self sufficient may not bring a healer.

I'm on Sam Adams who's now TR'd.

Group fills and as we get to the first bridge and the WF monk (noob) says.

Noob: Sam you're only level 4.

Me: Ya so?

Noob: This is a level 8 quest.

Me: No it's a level 7 quest.

Noob: Well you're only level 4.

Me: So what does that have to do with it?

Noob: Your worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm).

Half way thru noob has no HP or pots even though LFM says be self sufficient. We get to the end of the quest. I get the pleasure of saying. "Wow!! I was of no use to the party. I was at the top of the kill count and killed 20% more than your level 6 monk, and I burned off 2 cure mod wands heling people. I'm glad I was worthless and of no use in here."

Just makes me think. How did we used to do Stormcleave with a group of all level 4's when it's a level 10 quest? Since according to noob. A level 4 should be worthless in Tear, a level 7 quest.

The hits just keep on coming.

So that's my noob stupid remark of the week. Please feel free to add more as they come up.

Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

So says this level SIXTEEN ranger:

Party member: can I get a barkskin?

Ranger: sorry man, I'm a tempest. Don't have casting ability.

Party member: What's your wisdom?

Ranger: 10.

Party member: Go buy a +4 wis ring, some components, and give out buffs. DDO 101, buddy.

Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man.

YES - this really happened.

FYI- I'm that ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Sigh.

I've done so many noobish things this week. Accompanied by comments from me that would have been noobish. Most of which I don't remember precisely but the responses were generally "oh Mel" "lol" - or even more worryingly just silence.

Like Kepli in the case of one silence I made the comment "I welcome any comments on this because it's my first arcane" which then let forth a wealth of information from my party members on the particular situation and ways I could aim to fix it (unable to fts giants in prey - um, yeah, i'm 18. oops...). So now I have an idea of some items, which spells to use, what I need to craft and how I need to reset my enhancements and the abilities of my character should be fixed (er... though not necessarily the abilities of the person trying to play him... but I'm working on that too).

This game is complicated!
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    This game is complicated!
    Very true. Its all based on the Pen and paper (PnP) version.

And the PnP version is very complicated.
    Booted from - ChaosKnights
    Juslim 15 lives Mechamystic 16 lives Babooshka 11 lives Vivisector 3 lives Erekose 3 lives Dies 1 life

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erekose View Post
    Very true. Its all based on the Pen and paper (PnP) version.

And the PnP version is very complicated.
    It's nowhere near as complicated as EVE IMHO

i joined a delera pug

when there was only one spot left the party leader said that we need non-magical ranged-dps...

3 people told him that a) you don't "need" ranged dps for anything in delera b) ranged dps is bad compared to melee, especially against skeletons c) rangers in DDO aren't ranged dps but should be melee and d) i was on a repeater mechanic and thus cover the ranged dps. non of that changed his mind... (i got even worse, but that would go too far)

Other characters on Thelanis: Siwani, Linuya
    Old characters on Devourer: Alairna, Siwani and many lowbies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    EVE is complicated to the point of retardation, though. When it takes months to learn one skill, we got problems. Also, with the PvP allowed just about everywhere, huge battleships are coming up to blow up your frigate just because they can.

Not to mention the 'get real close and drop a mine on them' scam. Unless you joined the game when it first came out, and haven't stop playing since, you can't get a foothold in that game.
    Founder of The Venerated.
    I can't keep reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    Nowhere near as boring as EVE either, lol.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Community Member Tymoriel_Ayreweaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    So says this level SIXTEEN ranger:

Party member: can I get a barkskin?

Ranger: sorry man, I'm a tempest. Don't have casting ability.

Party member: What's your wisdom?

Ranger: 10.

Party member: Go buy a +4 wis ring, some components, and give out buffs. DDO 101, buddy.

Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man.

YES - this really happened.

FYI- I'm that ranger.
    I disagree entirely with your labeling of this scenerio as noob. I think many people would agree with the party member that its silly for a tempest ranger to not even have some casting ability. Rangers have some of the best support and self buffing spells.. its silly to not use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check....

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    I disagree entirely with your labeling of this scenerio as noob. I think many people would agree with the party member that its silly for a tempest ranger to not even have some casting ability. Rangers have some of the best support and self buffing spells.. its silly to not use them.
    Your reading it wrong. The poster was unaware that they could cast spells, and actually thanked to person helping them. They grew up to be self buffing strong ranger because of this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Your reading it wrong. The poster was unaware that they could cast spells, and actually thanked to person helping them. They grew up to be self buffing strong ranger because of this advice.
    Oh... I get it now. Thank you for pointing out my error. I thought the ranger was being sarcastic when saying "Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man."

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.. I expect everyone else is too.

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.
    I don't know what those words mean, but you better not be sassing me.

Smile

Oh... I get it now. Thank you for pointing out my error. I thought the ranger was being sarcastic when saying "Ranger: Oh. Amazing how you're the first one to bother helping. Thanks, man."

Perhaps the issue is that because I'm far too ascerbic and sarcastic.. I expect everyone else is too.
    No you were right the first time.
    Think he was having cleric syndrome.
    Kyber:
    Home of Stamper the Seeker 20 dwarven barbarian, Jox Everheal 17 human cleric, Justwanta Burn 20 WF sorc, and Lubejob Fleshie Killer WF 10 wizzey/2 rog.

Community Member

+1. I did the same thing for the same reasons.

Agreed... I carry a PoP X on my level 12 ranger...not a common item I know. But I can easily barkskin everyone in my raid party and have enough left over for a few resists/protections once I burn the 100 points buffing at the start I switch in my Bloodstone. You are totally wasting half of the ranger class by not having enough wisdom to cast. The extra AC for you alone from barks is a huge help never mind the survivability increase from resists or the extra damage from Ram's.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Agreed... I carry a PoP X on my level 12 ranger...not a common item I know. But I can easily barkskin everyone in my raid party and have enough left over for a few resists/protections once I burn the 100 points buffing at the start I switch in my Bloodstone. You are totally wasting half of the ranger class by not having enough wisdom to cast. The extra AC for you alone from barks is a huge help never mind the survivability increase from resists or the extra damage from Ram's.
    Jesus Christ guys... read then respond.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Not enough coffee...
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

I did read... I mistook the comments for sarcasm. I believe I even stated that in a later post.. perhaps one should take one's own advice?

Strake, if everyone did that, then you'd not have that "other place" to bring them too

R

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Agreed... I carry a PoP X on my level 12 ranger...not a common item I know..
    tell that to the guy that bought a pop 10.... then got a pop 10 from the end reward of a quest he'd finished just prior to running to the AH>......... yeah thats my life..

on topic... i've actually had some one tell me that casters are useless in the reaver raid... so i solo'd it and asked how his ran went.... wiped in about 7 minutes

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast