Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    That sounds just about right except you didn't say the ranger was plucking with a bow. Tried to +1 you but no go still.
    I can't ever +1 you as much as I would like either. I am afraid that Arkat will be in a minute to puke.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

not a comment - an action... FAR OUT I HATE THIS ... just put acid instead of holy on what was *meant* to be T1 of my min2 khopeshes... on both of them.... I AM SUCH AN IDIOT.

I wanna cry.
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Community Member Celestialbeast's Avatar

Talking

I think the over all winner for stupidity and Noobish actions would have to have been the Shroud that Disavowed was in with myself (Kyex) and a few other peeps I know. Unfortunatly I know the idiot who started it too.

Let's just say that Disavowed's four years in the game apparently isn't enough experience for him to solve a puzzle.

What say you Disavowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I maxed my drama enhancements, drama skills and took SF: Drama. I have a 89 drama unbuffed. I can hold a mods agro on a roll of 1.
    Argo- Proud Member of Storm's End. Teshy, Teshie, Teshee, Tysho, Teshlyn
    Khyber- Wandering Member of ~Nomadic~. Kyex

Yeah. I have a capped toon, A ten, an 8, a five, a few deleted 12's and sevens......I'm still a Newb. There is just WAY too much in this game to learn in a few months. I mean I come from a PNP backround, but...jesus.

As far as Noob moments go....I was on a lvl 5 ranger, one feat(2 lvls) and 1 level away from being able to get my tempest enhancement, and YES I COULD BUFF lol.

I join an irestone group. They don't have a ranger at all.
    Cleric, Rogue, Monk, fighter, barbarian. The barb insists on saying "Why did you let a ranger in! We have no need for a ranger, we need DPS. This is elite man! What are you thinking!!!!

I was dual wielding a weakening khopesh of some 1d6 flame thing, and a +1 flaming khopesh of maiming.

Oh yeah my pirate hat tavern signature is noobish too...but that will be the noobish comment for the next year.....

But of course because I look like a chinese aragorn with pink armour, I can't do DPS......

I proceeded to lead the quest. That barb did nothing. I made him pike as I ranged everything then sprinted to kill them instead.

As I said, I'm still a Newb, but perma-NOOBS seem to be everywhere, in every game, knowing everything and nothing all at once.

Can some of you8 khyber "not afraid to give ppl ****" players come to ghallanda and set things straight?
    Last edited by Arcaenium; 04-24-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Xeper, Ellistraee, Arcaenium, Adaddon, Whitesonja...etc Warriors of the Arcane Flame = Champions of Faerun = Undying Legions. I'll see you around.

Community Member

Default Arc

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaenium View Post
    Yeah. I have a capped toon, A ten, an 8, a five, a few deleted 12's and sevens......I'm still a Newb. There is just WAY too much in this game to learn in a few months. I mean I come from a PNP backround, but...jesus.

As far as Noob moments go....I was on a lvl 5 ranger, one feat(2 lvls) and 1 level away from being able to get my tempest enhancement, and YES I COULD BUFF lol.

I join an irestone group. They don't have a ranger at all.
    Cleric, Rogue, Monk, fighter, barbarian. The barb insists on saying "Why did you let a ranger in! We have no need for a ranger, we need DPS. This is elite man! What are you thinking!!!!

I was dual wielding a weakening khopesh of some 1d6 flame thing, and a +1 flaming khopesh of maiming.

Oh yeah my pirate hat tavern signature is noobish too...but that will be the noobish comment for the next year.....

But of course because I look like a chinese aragorn with pink armour, I can't do DPS......

I proceeded to lead the quest. That barb did nothing. I made him pike as I ranged everything then sprinted to kill them instead.

As I said, I'm still a Newb, but perma-NOOBS seem to be everywhere, in every game, knowing everything and nothing all at once.

Can some of you8 khyber "not afraid to give ppl ****" players come to ghallanda and set things straight?
    +1 just roll your account to Khyber but be ready for the dram lol. That ranger not being a tank is a very sore spot w/ me.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Yes you're right. I was a little p!ssed off. Some phucking noob calls me out for not getting a 5X5 done fast enough for his liking. I'm pretty certain I've done the Shroud at least 700 times and I don't use a solver
    Little byatch calls me out over chat & yelling at me and talking sh!t to me then turns into a wuss after he comments and puts me on squelch so he can't hear my retort.

I think that incident might not qualify as him making a noob comment as much as it was an a$$hole, being an a$$hole, and making an a$$hole comment. He's lucky I was sober and thus more passive than on a night I'm off work and drinking. That is if my retort qualified as passive. Had I been drinking it would have been far worse. It might have been a Shafted equivelant retort lol.
    Hi welcome?
    I wish I was in that group to see that! I have been on travel. I did have some Sam Adams every night.
    After hearing the Ice Games were back I wasn't motivated to play either. I want D&D not Mario Bros.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Community Member

I have a story that is awfully fitting for this thread. I was running "The Pit" on hard difficulty with my 9 trap monkey. Party left me no choice but to do the furnaces and power breakers since for some reason casters couldn't give resists and I was the only one with decent reflex. Told party to not climb furnaces and stay on the bottom where it was safer. Pulled the lever on the second furnace and ff down. Noticed the barb was dead. I inquired why he died. He told me a fire ele killed him. Asked him where he was so I could grab his stone. He told me he was trapped in the globe that covered the fire ele when I pulled the lever. Since I don't think you can unpull these levers(never tried), nor did I wish to make the trip up again, I recommended to him that he release and reenter. He refused on the grounds that he didn't want to miss out on his XP bonus for first time on hard.
    We finished the quest about 45 minutes and several deaths later and he was still connected and dead in that globe. Never ran into a more pathetic player in my life. Gotta thank him since that run was one of my proudest moments playing this game. Turns out I was the only one in group who new how to complete the quest. I'm barely out of noobdom myself and I led the other noobs to success. Never played another sloppy death-ridden quest without wiping. And the rest of the party thought I was some kind of expert player. I admit to this day I am not very good at the Pit. But I always get a good laugh when someone rage quits because they think its impossible.

Community Member Bladecutter563's Avatar

Not sure if it's a "noob moment", but as I was out and about on Korthos hoping and praying I can grind out 275 more TP to get Necro 4, I stumbled across this almost as soon as I get my dwarf done:

Random1: "*asks a question about wizards*"
    Guy: "rofl wizards"
    Guy: "u should just reroll sorc wizards suck their not dps"

At this point I was thinking to myself, "Oh joy."

Random2: "Wizards are for those who like versatility."
    Guy: "**** noob wizards suk no dps like sorc"

It kept going with a debate like that for a few minutes. I never saw the person's question get answered, I don't even remember what it was. Too bad I don't know wizards well enough to have answered. But really, the whole time I was thinking, "DPS? Wizards can buff a party to high heaven to uber up their damage output, who cares about DPS?"

Also, far as I can tell, the damage is exactly the same between the two classes, one just has more SP than the other on average. So I don't see his point, but clearly he was omgsoimportant1337pwn3rh4x. Oh well, moar people for my squelch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladecutter563 View Post
    Not sure if it's a "noob moment", but as I was out and about on Korthos hoping and praying I can grind out 275 more TP to get Necro 4, I stumbled across this almost as soon as I get my dwarf done:

Random1: "*asks a question about wizards*"
    Guy: "rofl wizards"
    Guy: "u should just reroll sorc wizards suck their not dps"

At this point I was thinking to myself, "Oh joy."

Random2: "Wizards are for those who like versatility."
    Guy: "**** noob wizards suk no dps like sorc"

It kept going with a debate like that for a few minutes. I never saw the person's question get answered, I don't even remember what it was. Too bad I don't know wizards well enough to have answered. But really, the whole time I was thinking, "DPS? Wizards can buff a party to high heaven to uber up their damage output, who cares about DPS?"

Also, far as I can tell, the damage is exactly the same between the two classes, one just has more SP than the other on average. So I don't see his point, but clearly he was omgsoimportant1337pwn3rh4x. Oh well, moar people for my squelch list.

Maybe it was this guy...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...32#post2920432
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Community Member Bladecutter563's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Maybe, except this one didn't even mention Firewall. Either way, makes my eye twitch in annoyance when I see people in Korthos telling newbies that they're useless and need to reroll. At least it gives me the opportunity to add people to my blacklist before they get the chance to screw up a quest for me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Hi welcome?
    I want D&D not Mario Bros.
    It's more like Sonic teh Hedgehog with ramps and coins and all that fasterly stuffs.

My newbs quote was from a few days ago when we finished a shroud that took twice as long as I'm accustomed to and had multiple deaths, most of these falling on the same three...*huhmm*... people.

"Wow, that was amazing, great job all, great DPS, wow!"

I can't ever +1 you as much as I would like either. I am afraid that Arkat will be in a minute to puke.

Sorry I was late.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

Sorry I was late.
    I was looking for you last night. I did Dreamler's 20th shroud. You missed a great run. Disavowed, Beergirl, Emi, Badina and her assistant who I will call "Piker", Vaapad, Flintstone from Crimson Eagles on his gimp cleric, and some others that did well all came along (if I didn't mention you by name doesn't mean anything, I can't keep names straight). I was hoping that Beergirl would open a verbal can of whoop butt on Disavowed, but they were not drunk enough for that to happen. Slink was in an epic and you weren't on, but I would have loved for you guys to be on the run.

Someone clicked the portal in 4 before anyone had shrined. Hearing Slink's response to that would have been legendary!

I was looking for you last night. I did Dreamler's 20th shroud. You missed a great run. Disavowed, Beergirl, Emi, Badina and her assistant who I will call "Piker", Vaapad, Flintstone from Crimson Eagles on his gimp cleric, and some others that did well all came along (if I didn't mention you by name doesn't mean anything, I can't keep names straight). I was hoping that Beergirl would open a verbal can of whoop butt on Disavowed, but they were not drunk enough for that to happen. Slink was in an epic and you weren't on, but I would have loved for you guys to be on the run.

Someone clicked the portal in 4 before anyone had shrined. Hearing Slink's response to that would have been legendary!
    ' Caught me by surprise... it did. Luckily being on Rosewood I only had about 2k sp to pool up if I wished... felt badly for Rivermedic, Berrgirl and Flintstone, of course mrsk ... with 3k to drink up from those puddles. All in all was a good run ... I did not bother topping off just took bout 1k 'fore the end-fight then buffed and healed as went... was going to melee part 5 but figured would best serve to help out the clerics ... beside you had good dps there...

That would have been a one rounder in part one if someone did not play dead and pike a 1/10 way into it... was nice of him to stay tucked away back in part four while we did five.

Last edited by Emili; 04-27-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

noobs are usually nice enough and try to learn the quests and game to keep improving.

Sometimes though they can get to be such a strain on my nerves and resources (rez scrolls) that I end up being the jerk. I called a party once "inventory decor" in a SOS run and boy did that get them fired up...

Normally I use key words like "is this ftp?" or "where x quest" as a filter to my group invites but it's by no means a fail safe.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

That would have been a one rounder in part one if someone did not play dead and pike a 1/10 way into it... was nice of him to stay tucked away back in part four while we did five.

Pikers like that should be stripped of their belongings and put into the Pit, never to be released. Dude, that's weak.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Pikers like that should be stripped of their belongings and put into the Pit, never to be released. Dude, that's weak.
    She is poking his buttons. No one "piked". Just a group of friends laughing their way through the shroud.

She is poking his buttons. No one "piked". Just a group of friends laughing their way through the shroud.
    All the same ... am bloody sure he'd love to be stripped and put to the pit though.

(do not offer him rewards or he may pike for real.)
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

All the same ... am bloody sure he'd love to be stripped and put to the pit though.

(do not offer him rewards or he may pike for real.)
    Ah, a relief to hear that. My faith in mankind would have been shattered by knowledge of such piking...
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    Ah, a relief to hear that. My faith in mankind would have been shattered by knowledge of such piking...
    1 rogue, 2 rangers and 1 monk didn't leave a lot of room for a piker.

Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast