Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2508

So I was in a EtK at-level run the other day. I'm not an expert at it and completely fail at the puzzle, but this party I was in got to the end boss with only some minor blips. We had a TR-ed thief-acrobat/monk, two wizards (one a TR), a TR-ed paladin, and myself (WC bard). Though we'd had a few accidents, my bard carries an assortment of wands and scrolls, and managed to heal quite decently. We picked up a cleric just before the final fight, which looked good because I was sure I wouldnt be able to sustain heals for the final fight. So we waited for her to run in, buffed and got ready. I was assigned to stay behind on the lever, so I pulled it and they went down. Next thing I knew, two 'dings' in succession, and the non-TR wizard and cleric were dead. TR wizard and the rogue/monk followed soon after.

So the paladin grabbed them and ran back out. We tried again, but to cut that story short, the same thing happened. I pulled the lever for them to come back, but the non-TR wizard just decided to hit the res shrine, cast a resist on himself and go charging back down the tunnel without waiting for anyone else, with less than a tenth of his sp bar left. The best thing was that I didnt even see his hp bar go down. One moment it was full and the next, he was dead. It was then that I decided to ask how much hp he had... And he replied '189. 209 with rage.' *facepalm*

That's not the best of it. We had a third try, and this time the cleric survived the initial fireballs. But her sp ran out really fast, so she was concentrating on scroll healing the two melee toons. Our TR wizard caught a couple of unlucky blasts and died, then the other wizard who'd been waiting in the corridor decided to charge in, and immediately got taken down to less than 1/10 health. What followed was massive 'heal me!!!' spam before he died. Note that he was completely out of sp at this point. After he died, it got even better. "Res me!" which would have been hilarious in itself. What made it better was that the cleric felt compelled to reply 'with what?!' and stopped scroll healing. So the melees died while she was replying. Ooops.

We finished evetually. I swapped places with the non-TR wizard and went down to provide some extra (faster!) healing for the melees. After the quest, I checked the cleric's MyDDO. 208 hp and less than 1200 sp at L16. Ouch. Cleric complained about the wizard after he'd left, to which I replied 'yeah, he was ridiculous... But next time, probably heal first, insult later!'

I don't think I'll want to run EtK for a while.
    Jassial - 20 Druid Caster

Also: ~ Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern
    Proud officer of Crimson Eagles on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    That never gets old.
    You know what does get old?
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member fluffybunnywilson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    You know what does get old?
    Stainer.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnywilson View Post
    Stainer.
    There is only one alternative to growing old.

There is only one alternative to growing old.
    Stem Cell Research?

Stem Cell Research?
    Maybe two alternatives.

Maybe two alternatives.
    Soul transfer? Miroc out in the desert might have some tips

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Hell my wife and are going up to Tap4 black's house (Lenny) so he can take me and The Beergirl (my wife) on a salmon fishing trip in Washington.
    you're making me jealous eric. any idea what species are running when you go? coho if your lucky imo.

nothing like grillin up a fresh caught silver right on the shore.
    Badlass 25 WC hum, Dysfunctiona 25 Wiz hum....
    Badlazz 24 SS hum(3tr), Gezer 20 Sorc drow, Slyfoxx 13 rog/6 ran/1 ftr, Ohwell 15 WC/3 rog/2 ftr, Badlassie 14 bard/6 ran, XnonameX 14 WC/4 rog/2 ftr, xpetex/xrepetex 20 arty, others....... BfaG

Community Member MasterOfWorlds's Avatar

PUG Shroud yesterday. In part 1 a ranger was standing in one spot ranging the portals and mobs that he could hit, and never moved from that spot. So one of our clerics, halfway jokingly I think, asked him if he was piking.

Immediately the two got into a huge fight which led to the ranger deciding he was going to pike the whole run. Instead of disbanding and wasting time, we just continued and let him. After we finished each part, he would step in and loot the chests, until we got to part 5, which of course he had to come with us on.

He heckled us while we were fighting Harry, telling us that "we were whiny failures" and that we "needed his uber dps." After we killed the red dude, he immediately hit the altar, even though two people had said they were not finishing. Afterwards, he again accused us of being "whiny."

I don't understand how people can abuse the anonymity afforded by the internet to be so rude to people. I can understand being mildly offended when someone accuses you of not contributing, but to throw such a huge tantrum is just ridiculous.
    Khyber - Arnonech/Dracnair/Rakashai/Arashtol
    "That's Khyber for you - even when we're nice we are crushing dreams."

Community Member

Default Masterofwords

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfWorlds View Post
    PUG Shroud yesterday. In part 1 a ranger was standing in one spot ranging the portals and mobs that he could hit, and never moved from that spot. So one of our clerics, halfway jokingly I think, asked him if he was piking.

Immediately the two got into a huge fight which led to the ranger deciding he was going to pike the whole run. Instead of disbanding and wasting time, we just continued and let him. After we finished each part, he would step in and loot the chests, until we got to part 5, which of course he had to come with us on.

He heckled us while we were fighting Harry, telling us that "we were whiny failures" and that we "needed his uber dps." After we killed the red dude, he immediately hit the altar, even though two people had said they were not finishing. Afterwards, he again accused us of being "whiny."

I don't understand how people can abuse the anonymity afforded by the internet to be so rude to people. I can understand being mildly offended when someone accuses you of not contributing, but to throw such a huge tantrum is just ridiculous.
    Can you please pm the persons toon name if you remember. I need to put him on my "friends" list.

Community Member

Default Jyd

Quote Originally Posted by jydog100 View Post
    you're making me jealous eric. any idea what species are running when you go? coho if your lucky imo.

nothing like grillin up a fresh caught silver right on the shore.
    I think it will be kings. That's the plan to grill some salmon. Lenny seems to limit out on every trip so I'm hoping for some good fish. I want to smoke some as well.

Can you please pm the persons toon name if you remember. I need to put him on my "friends" list.
    Me too if you will. I've got some room again in mine

Community Member

I found a spot in shroud part 1 where I can pew pew most portals, I even attacked one of them ahead of everyone's schedule and dropped it to 40% by the time they got to it.

But never have I been accused of piking.

Originally Posted by Disavowed
    As far as a me being a noob in life. I'll treat you just the noob that called me out in group. If you're going to publicly call me out. I'm going to make sure you're aware of the facts and how wrong you are. Anytime you'd like to compare lives let me know.

There's people out there with more, but I'd say I'm doing rather well. Good job (retire in 6 years at 50), good income (at least that's what the government says since I'm in a 30%+ tax bracket), never divorced (married to the same smoking hot wife for almost 20 years), and at 44 I'm in better shape than most men in their 20's. You'll find very few people that treat life as one giant party like I do. If that means I'm a noob in the real world OK I'm fine with that.

As far as a noob in the way I treat people in DDO. Who knows? I've been on here for 5+ years like you. I'll let those who have known me for the last 1-5 years on here make that decision. I'm certain there are those who will agree with you as I'm very opinionated. But at the same time, I try to be poltie and spend time getting to know people on here. Considering I've never been in a guild and know close to 50 people on here by thier 1st name along with the countless I know by toon name. I'd say I've made more friends than enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenef View Post
    Yah I'll compare lives - I'm a military officer and I too, am in outstanding physical shape - litereally I score Outstanding High on my physical readiness tests. - I could have retired 2 years ago and I am 4 years younger than you. I do NOT treat life as one giant party but I'm glad that you do. Indeed your ability to treat life as a party at 44 negates the idea that you are a noob at life. So you make money and have a smokin hot wife, you certainly win good sir. Not going to get much more into my personal life other than that, but the fact that you plaster your "life" on forums for DnD really, really, really shows your maturity level - at age 44.

As I said, I generally have better things to do then come on these forums, and this would certainly go down in my book of reasons why.

In my eyes, you're both newbs at life. But as long as you are enjoying it you are doing something right =)

Oh and I have an X inch wang too ~_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

I think it will be WIZARD. That's the plan to grill some salmon. Lenny seems to limit out on every trip so I'm hoping for some good fish. I want to smoke some as well.

fixed that for you.

oh btw posting from a boat that is spitting distance from the ocean.
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    TLR; my life is great, even if most of my friends were first encountered in a videogame.
    Fixed for accuracy.

You also missed the bit about some of us knowing each other irl too.... but I guess if it was truly tl;dr, I could see where that mistake would come from.

Fixed for accuracy.

You also missed the bit about some of us knowing each other irl too.... but I guess if it was truly tl;dr, I could see where that mistake would come from.
    and deleted.....

XD
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Quote Originally Posted by camels View Post
    and deleted.....

XD

Since when does being a warforged favoured soul make you not a healer? Some people got scared to go into shroud cause one of the jhealers was a warforged favoured soul.

Yesterday, "Freshen the air" on hard, toons, wizard 4th level, fighter 4th, pal 6, cleric 6th.
    Cleric: "I have other toon cleric on 4th, should I take it? With my 6th level cleric, Radiant Server I, I think I will overpower".
    Later on, two fireballs later: "Ding". A bit later, wipe.

That cleric was me n00000b!!!!
    Last edited by Ugumagre; 05-29-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast