Page 73 of 125 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2496

was doing a threnal chain last night and the fire savant was using his burning hands on everything.

fire mephit? kill it with fire
    fire reaver? kill it with FIRE!!!

i was laughing so hard all i could say was "ice spells might work better".

no response just moar fire.
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Quote Originally Posted by camels View Post
    was doing a threnal chain last night and the fire savant was using his burning hands on everything.

Haven't you ever heard "fight fire with fire"?!
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)
    The Lifeguard: A Swimcleric build

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Last night in reaver. Rogue is the tank. Half way thru intimi tank decides to go in ant steal aggro via intimidate. After he's stolen agro he states. "I'm sorry I just can't help myself this guy has a 55 intimidate. I built him specifiacally for this quest and the Hound".

Me: Really? Why would you need a 55 intimidate for Hound when a fog click works just as good if not better?

Intimi: "You obviously don't know the Hound or how an intimitank works do you? I've ran it 50 times I know it well. It was needed before the last update when we piked it on elite".

Me: Really? Because all we did was pike it until we had enough stones and the puppies did the rest. No real need to intimidate just stand in a corner for 15 minutes.

Intimi: "Like I said you must not know the Hound very well."

I know you guys know how the rest of this conversation went. So I won't bore you with the details.

let the guy feel important. he's ran hound 50 times.
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Community Member

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by Raenef View Post
    Yah I'll compare lives - I'm a military officer and I too, am in outstanding psysical shape - litereally I score Outstanding High on my physical readiness tests. - I could have retired 2 years ago and I am 4 years younger than you. I do NOT treat life as one giant party but I'm glad that you. Indeed your ability to treat life as a party at 44 negates the idea that you are a noob at life. So you make money and have a smokin hot wife, you certainly win good sir. Not going to get much more into my personal life other than that, but the fact that you plaster your "life" on forums for DnD really, really, really shows your maturity level - at age 44.

As I said, I generally have better things to do then come on these forums, and this would certainly go down in my book of reasons why.
    As a vet and since it's Memorial weekend thank you for your service. Had I opted to stay in I'd have retired 6 years ago at 38. I'll take the extra decade at work to be home state side with my family for my entire career. One hitch and being deployed for almost all of it was enough for me. I know I'd rather be home with my family all the time. Assuming I don't get killed at work on duty. I'll be home every night (or day if I'm on graves). I'd rather this than be away from my family most of the time.

We need career folks like you so people like me, can enjoy the fruits of your labors, and the sacrifices your family has to make. So again I thank you for doing something I'm no longer willing to do and making sacrifices I no longer wanted to make I thank your family as well. My way of life is only possible because of people like you and your family.

As far as me winning goes it wasn't a matter of win or lose. I don't know you or anything about you. You may be Mr. perfect for all I know. Even if you are Mr. Perfect. I'm willing to compare lives as I know I'm not a loser. I know life has treated me well and I'm thankfull everyday for that. But I'm not going to let someone tell me it hasn't by calling me a "noob in life". If you want to call me out and state I'm a loser. Well, I'm certainly not going to stand by and take someone talking trash about me. I'm going to stand my ground and fight back.

As an officer in the military you should know that mental confidence is a must for a persons self preservation. The last thing you would want is one of your troops to believe he was inferior in any way, to any adversary. When someone tried to make him feel that way thru mental propoganda you would show them how it wasn't true. We always tell our troops they're the best there is. We don't let them feel for 1 second like they're inferior. Even in boot after we break them down we start buiilding them up and letting them know that they have equals but nobody is better than them.

That's exactly what I did when you attacked me, and I'd do it again. I could give 2 ***** if I win the life comparison with you. I realy didn't expect to. I'm nothing special just some upper middle class public servant with a good life and a great wife that I'm proud of. Other than being a billionaire what else could a man really want. I just made a point and showed that I'm far from a "noob in life". But I know for a fact you're no better than me and I wouldn't be a loser in comparison even if you are Mr. Perfect. Compare away. I'm happy with what I have. Other than more money I have all I need

As far as posting my life on the forums. The people on here and I have been running together online for years. Again we know each other by name. Some of us even know our spouses names. We know what we do for a living, where our kids go to college, where each othr live, our drink of choice etc. Hell my wife and are going up to Tap4 black's house (Lenny) so he can take me and The Beergirl (my wife) on a salmon fishing trip in Washington. We've never met him or Ron his buddy on here that lives by him. But we've ran enough together over the years that we're friends.

There's tons of others on here as well that I know on the same basis. They know and have ran quests with my wife and what we look like. We've exchanged pictures via facebook etc. and there are pics of THE BEERGIRL & I (Beergirl is the name of all her toon names since she plays too) in the SEE WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO thread. So most people on here already know what she looks like. Some of us have exchanged small Xmas gifts, or baked goods during the holidays. I've made out workout and food regemins for God knows how many people on here (Props to Gornn for sticking with it. Dudes lost a total of 9" from all the areas he's been measuring in 2 months.) My phone has almost as many numbers from DDO players that I've never met in person as it does regular contacts in the real world. So you as an outsider may look at it as giving out my personal life. But the majority of the regulars on here, not the fly by nighters and the people with 300 posts in 5 years. The ones that I run into in game, and they're like "Eric how's it going?" when I jump into a raid that's almost full. Those people may find out about my personal life?

They all know my personal life because we bs together in game and have for 5 years. We drink together from 1700-0400 most Friday nights and we only do raids so that there's room for more than just 6 people and we still wish we had room for more friends as some get left out every week due to lack of room. Again these aren't guildies just people who have all met and got to know each other thru random pugs. This is how people like Lord of Rage on the forums (Brett) can return from deployment in Iraq. During his drive home is able to stay at Hordo's place and get a nice meal and a place to crash before the rest of his drive home the next day. We get to know each other.

For the rest who don't know me well. If and when, they do get to know me. They'll find it out my life anyway. Why? Because that's what the people I run with on here do. We don't just grind quests and geek out. We build friendships. Something you obviously have failed to do on here in 5 years. So I'm not too concerned about what I wrote of my personal life because most on here know me and my life anyway from our time online togther.
    Last edited by Disavowed; 05-27-2011 at 09:20 AM.

gosh guys, can we get back to making fun of noobs? xD
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

"i'm doing green damage! Is that good!??!?!?"

Community Member

While I never served active duty, just a stint in the Reserves while in college, I also will pass along my thanks. +1 to you both. I have several friends who went active and stayed in and have served for many years now. Officers and Enlisted. Not an easy thing to be away from friends and family and putting yourself in harms way.

However I still have to laugh at the lengthy response and requirement to defend yourself. Some people are confident in themselves and their abilities and some people talk about how confident they are and go on and on about their accomplishments trying to impress. Say what you will about me. Newb. Loser. Poor. Rich. Hot wife. Ugly wife. Ditch digger. CEO of a Fortune 500. Doesn't matter. I don't care. I'm happy with what I have and who I am. Nuff said. I don't feel a need to prove anything to anyone or correct anyone opinion of me for self satisfaction. I play to relax and chill out for a bit. It's a distraction on a day that gets a little boring and I don't feel like working on a project or hitting the gym, skiing or golfing.

I will rescind some cynicism though towards you. I can appreciate you play for your own reasons as well. To make friends and create relationships and, while that may not be my motivation, I can respect that it's yours. What I dislike though is people getting too caught up in the game to feel the need to harshly correct someone. There's a difference from someone blasting fire mephits with fireballs and telling them ice may work better and telling someone they don't know what they're talking about and trying to prove them wrong so you can be right and gloat. Who has enough energy to care what some complete stranger thinks? Not I. Brag away to your close friends. I agree. Ball busting is pre-req for a good friendship, but let the misguided Noob be. They'll either sort it out themselves after enough people try and help them or they'll quit. In either case reacting like that makes one no better than them. At least in my humble opinion.

In any case my apologies. Not trying to inflame. Just trying to create some perspective and help people's blood pressure around here. You know that heart disease is the leading cause of deaths in men. Stay relaxed stay alive

Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekends all and thanks again to the many service men and women who serve and have served around the globe. Cheers.

Community Member

Default Typical of a noob who feels outcasted.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    This thread is AWESOME! I have read the first page and the last page, but nothing in between. In 51 pages starting in 2010 it went from the OP bragging and trying to impress everyone about his ePeen to the last page where the OP is bragging about his personal life and trying to impress people with his ePeen. Alpha to Omega? Maybe just Alpha to Alpha.

Still very funny. Here' a tip for the OP and everyone who likes to talk about how they solo'd this, single-handedly did that, how many years/decade/eons you have ben playing DDO for so you know more than Harry himself, completed X quest with ease while everyone else struggled, saved the day on a quest, told a Noob or Newb who's boss, knows the difference between Newb and Noob and really cares enough to make a point about it even though it is a fictional characterization used only in online gaming, links weapons when no one has asked to see them, brags about how much money they make in real life, how hot their wife/husband is, how great their mom's meatloaf is or how spacious her basement is even though it doesn't really matter because no one can prove anything in real life to an online community.

So here's the tip. It's just a game. Let it go. It's just a game. You can stop being so awesome for a bit and relax. Enjoy it some. If you die in a quest, pay your pixelated repairs and move on. No harm done. No real life damage. The newb/noob/nab in question also has a problem if they can't let things go either so you're no different then them. But the most valuable tip might be.............no one cares. Not a single one. Actually I do. because when I see any of the above I laugh so I guess I do care a bit. It gives me some sick mild form of amusement to see people crave attention so much, but what can I say. at least I'm relaxed.

Cheers and have fun gaming.
    Instead of trying to make freinds and be part of the community you look at stuff and think it's an attack on you directly. It's no different than going to a party where you know nobody. You can hole up in a corner and hope someone wil talk to you. Or you can let others know who you are and try to make some new friends.

You might want to get to know those who you're bashing before you pipe off. We enjoy the game rather well and if you look at my last post it's not as much about the game as it is having a good time. For example I couldn't even tell you how to link an item into chat if I had to. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to things like that. So I'm not going to ask anyone else to. When asked to link an item (that rarely happens BTW) I'm upfront and tell them I'm too stupid to know how to link but I let them know what I have and I don't hesitate to let them know if I don't know the quest. Guess what? I never get shot down. The vets you bashed rarely ask for items to be linked. We don't need to. We've been doing this long before those items even existed. The folks asking you to do this are the ones who have been here just long enough to think they know the game. They don't. They don't know squat. All they have seen is the quest led by vets and other vets running with great gear and think it has to be done that way to get a completion. So they finally decide to lead a raid and require links, certain gear, etc. Because they have been carried thru raids by those of us who have the gear and think that's the only way it can be done.

Those of us who have been around a while could care less what gear you have or how your speced we're going to complete either way so our LFMs don't have any requirements. Example. Last night in Shroud. Leader (a vet)went with 4 casters. One was in the quest for the 1st time. My wizzy been updated or played since U9 so can't do any damage. I told leader ahead of time and gave him my reason. As soon as that raid was over the toon was getting TRd it was my next multiple of 20. He still took me, the newbie caster, and 2 other casters. I taught the newbie what to do at the portals and the crystal. We still took down Harry in 1 round even with my awesome 200 pt Polar Rays and the newbies 250 pt Polar Rays (He was actually proud of them too. Poor guy.)

The newbie had no max, empower, rage, knock, mass hold monster, or any other usefull spells. We didn't slam him. We taught him and also helped better equip him. That's what vets do. We don't ask you to link items. We take the time and show a newbie a better way to build out a toon if it's needed as well as give him gear. I think I only knew 1 or 2 people in the raid and I don't recal that I knew the leader but he still welcomed me & the newbie.

The stuff you see in LFMs is from noobs. People who have not been around long enough to know the difference. They put up LFMs that say TR/vets only, link items, must know quest but in the same LFM it also says need guide. Here's a hint NOOB. Vets don't do this. When we want to do a quest. We take who comes along, solo it, or ask a few of our buddies for help. We don't need an LFM for a full party, or a healer, etc. We can solo or duo it with a buddy.

When we put up an LFM we want some company and figure maybe a friend will see it and join. If not we'll take whover comes along and if they need help we'll offer to lend a hand. You see the LFM from a guy who knows where the quest is and has run it 2x. You think he's a vet because his LFM says vets TR only, link gear, etc. Again that's not us. It's a noob, and not a newb either. Their LFMs say need DPS and only have fighter and barb up for the wanted melee classes. All that exclusiobn stuff you just accused us of above is your generation of DDO players no us vets. So again before you go piping off about vets and what we do. You might want to know what most of us vets really do. Play here for a year then make a decision. As of now, to you anyone who's been on here more than 4 months is a vet. That's far from the case.
    Last edited by Disavowed; 05-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Instead of trying to make freinds and be part of the community you look at stuff and think it's an attack on you directly. It's no different than going to a party where you know nobody. You can hole up in a corner and hope someone wil talk to you. Or you can let others know who you are and try to make some new friends.

You might want to get to know those who you're bashing before you pipe off. We enjoy the game rather well and if you look at my last post it's not as much about the game as it is having a good time. For example I couldn't even tell you how to link an item into chat if I had to. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to things like that. So I'm not going to ask anyone else to. When asked to link an item (that rarely happens BTW) I'm upfront and tell them I'm too stupid to know how to link but I let them know what I have and I don't hesitate to let them know if I don't know the quest. Guess what? I never get shot down. The vets you bashed rarely ask for items to be linked. We don't need to. We've been doing this long before those items even existed. The folks asking you to do this are the ones who have been here just long enough to think they know the game. They don't. They don't know squat. All they have seen is the quest led by vets and other vets running with great gear and think it has to be done that way to get a completion. So they finally decide to lead a raid and require links, certain gear, etc. Because they have been carried thru raids by those of us who have the gear and think that's the only way it can be done.

Those of us who have been around a while could care less what gear you have or how your speced we're going to complete either way so our LFMs don't have any requirements. Example. Last night in Shroud. Leader (a vet)went with 4 casters. One was in the quest for the 1st time. My wizzy been updated or played since U9 so can't do any damage. I told leader ahead of time and gave him my reason. As soon as that raid was over the toon was getting TRd it was my next multiple of 20. He still took me, the newbie caster, and 2 other casters. I taught the newbie what to do at the portals and the crystal. We still took down Harry in 1 round even with my awesome 200 pt Polar Rays and the newbies 250 pt Polar Rays (He was actually proud of them too. Poor guy.)

The newbie had no max, empower, rage, knock, mass hold monster, or any other usefull spells. We didn't slam him. We taught him and also helped better equip him. That's what vets do. We don't ask you to link items. We take the time and show a newbie a better way to build out a toon if it's needed as well as give him gear.

The stuff you see in LFMs is from noobs. People who have not been around long enough to know the difference. They put up LFMs that say TR/vets only, link items, must know quest but in the same LFM it also says need guide. Here's a hint NOOB. Vets don't do this. When we want to do a quest. We take who comes along, solo it, or ask a few of our buddies for help. We don't need an LFM for a full party, or a healer, etc. We can solo or duo it with a buddy.

When we put up an LFM we want some company and figure maybe a friend will see it and join. If not we'll take whover comes along and if they need help we'll offer to lend a hand. You see the LFM from a guy who knows where the quest is and has run it 2x. You think he's a vet because his LFM says vets TR only, link gear, etc. Again that's not us. It's a noob, and not a newb either. Their LFMs say need DPS and only have fighter and barb up for the wanted melee classes. All that exclusiobn stuff you just accused us of above is your generation of DDO players no us vets. So again before you go piping off about vets and what we do. You might want to know what most of us vets really do. Play here for a year then make a decision. As of now, to you anyone who's been on here more than 4 months is a vet. That's far from the case.
    Some good points made.. But I have to point out, that to say this is true of all vets is incorrect. There are "vets" who act like noobs and vets who does these very things you say they do not. And there are some newb players who act like these vets you speak of. I am new, I do not argue this fact, but I could care less what anyone has as a character. If I do LFM, there are no requirements other than you are breathing and able to at least click the mouse to join the lfm. I hope, when I pug, I meet people that are fun to get along with and can form those bonds you speak of. The more people you get along with, the better.

But you are stereo-typing a vet as one thing, and everyone else as something entirely different; and that just is not the case.
    How can you not love Bacon? Even PIGS love bacon.

I have yet to run a tempest spine raid where someone does not firewall the iron golem before fire and ice.

Leader: "You know fire heals iron golems."

Caster: "Really?"

Leader: "YAREELLY, Don't do it again!!!"
    Sarlona: Stelvar, Stethos, Saltmint, Abbracadaver, Shaigh Hulud, Fujihowser MD, Soundwaive, Kuddlefish and some others

Community Member

Default Kelavam

Quote Originally Posted by Kelavam View Post
    Some good points made.. But I have to point out, that to say this is true of all vets is incorrect. There are "vets" who act like noobs and vets who does these very things you say they do not. And there are some newb players who act like these vets you speak of. I am new, I do not argue this fact, but I could care less what anyone has as a character. If I do LFM, there are no requirements other than you are breathing and able to at least click the mouse to join the lfm. I hope, when I pug, I meet people that are fun to get along with and can form those bonds you speak of. The more people you get along with, the better.

But you are stereo-typing a vet as one thing, and everyone else as something entirely different; and that just is not the case.
    There are exceptions to every rule and yes you are right. But that truly is the minority and not the majority. I'm Mexican an Itilian That would be like saying all of us Italians were perfect citizens in the past. When the fact of the matter is we do have a shady past, but it really was the minotity and not the majority. The mob is for the most part dead and gone but we still have that rep even when at the peak they were still only a few of us. Yet the label is still there.

It's the same in this game. I can promise you that most vets are exactly what I depicted. It's the few bad apples that make us out to be this way.

Look for me in game anytime. Let me know what level your toons are and if I have someone in that range we'll get a pug together and I'll introduce you to the good vets on this server. Well at least some of them because there raelly are a ton of them, more than I could introduce you to. I'm a little out of the loop compared to the likes of Emili, Gawna, Stainer, Hordo, Aussie, Lord of Rage, etc. **** I could go on all day naming the cool kids of Khyber. But not only are they the cool kids they're fun to run with & will take you under their wing and teach you like they did me and still do with me. Since I don't have a guild I'm always behind the learning curve but they are always there to teach me if I ask them.

Community Member fluffybunnywilson's Avatar

Just because I heard it again recently:

"Why can't I hit these guys with the pink hats?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelavam View Post

i think disavowed is talking about the "good" vets.

like jedi(vets) and sith(elitist snob).
    ― Philip K. phallus

Community Member

Default That's OK

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnywilson View Post
    Just because I heard it again recently:

"Why can't I hit these guys with the pink hats?"
    I can't tell you how often I keep trying to attack peoples pets. I'm like why am I missing? Doh! it's a pet. Just did it last night and I did it sober none the less.

cant i be sith and a good vet :O, they get the force lightning
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Wait, this thread is about Disavowed's ePeen?

I thought it was about making fun of noobs, as in, people who flat-out refuse to learn, as opposed to newbies, who are just simply new and inexperienced.
    Once I get my moods under control, I might actually get a character past level 7... ooh, shiny!

Paladins got some love! Now for Warpriests...

A friend emailed me an email, laughing about the sense of humor of Turbine, as there was a Vampire called "Mother Teresa".
    I was very surprised, as Turbine is always so correct, and had my thoughts about some freaky Devs.
    Well, my friend had quite a hard time to kill Mother Teresa, so he tried to find some help in the forums and ddo wiki. No word about Mother Teresa. At some moment he realized that it was "Brother Nerezza" not "Mother Teresa". He is no native english speaker, so maybe he just heard the DM voice and misunderstood it.
    Or maybe, was something freudian...very deeeeep inside...
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Community Member

Default Good point John

It's something like that and the Jedi far out number the Sith.

BTW I just saw you location in your info. I LMAO. Now they just nedd a JeepBoat avatar and you're set.
    Last edited by Disavowed; 05-26-2011 at 04:03 PM.

cant i be sith and a good vet :O, they get the force lightning

no worries there!

Force lightning ability was not restricted to dark-siders. Jedi and other light-siders who were strong of will and character could learn this power without falling to the dark side—but its use was viewed as inherently corrupting, and most Jedi Councils forbade its use.

taken from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning
    ― Philip K. phallus

It's something like that and the Jedi far out number the Sith.

BTW I just saw you location in your info. I LMAO. Now they just nedd a JeepBoat avatar and you're set.
    He could just put a pocketwatch there too....

Btw Eric, I still put 'Vets/TRs preferred' in my lfms while levelling.... does it make me a bad person to want a fast, flawless run?
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Page 73 of 125 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast