Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 2508
  1. #81
    Stormreach Mentor
    Founder
    Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    I've been farming it a bit and on a later run the leader was going on about needing someone with Cha for the runes. I explained it was 415 and not worth the wait took the next guy and flew through it...I understand the ops on Delera's 2 or ToD...the xp is good plus the chests. Worse than the optional thing is skipping a junk chest...whew I have seen some angry folks when we said we were not going to grab a chest full of rocks and plus one ****.
    I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Chest Looter. I experience mental anguish almost to the point of physical pain from leaving behind a chest, no matter how crappy the loot will be.

    I have no explanation or defense. I just have to loot every chest I can get my grubby little hands on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

  2. #82
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,218

    Default

    Yelling at the top of his lungs so the mic distorts, with all kinds of swear words etc. added in for more entertainment value.

    "You put the quest on elite?" When we enter "Reavers Fate" (snickering but no straight answer)

    "We dont even have enough people dude!!!" (LOLs all around)

    The same player in the same quest. "Too many squishy rogues, pfft, this isnt going to work. Rangers tanking? hahaha. Let me do this."

    Me: "Yeah dude youre the paladin. Go get em. Bring em to the left corner" [ding!] dies on the run back to the corner. "Can I get an effing res? Where are you guys?"

    MyDDO indicates he is a level 17 drow paladin with ~225 hp and less than 100% fort.

    The rogues in the group all have > 400 hp. Nothing spectacular...

    Ranger tanks it np, raid completes, we all get our loot. Grats to Pile-an-din on madstone boots, for doing nothing, learning nothing, and continuing to swear at people who try to teach. grrrr...

    Was definately worth the entertainment value it provided though.

  3. #83
    Community Member Boldrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yelling at the top of his lungs so the mic distorts, with all kinds of swear words etc. added in for more entertainment value.

    "You put the quest on elite?" When we enter "Reavers Fate" (snickering but no straight answer)

    "We dont even have enough people dude!!!" (LOLs all around)

    The same player in the same quest. "Too many squishy rogues, pfft, this isnt going to work. Rangers tanking? hahaha. Let me do this."

    Me: "Yeah dude youre the paladin. Go get em. Bring em to the left corner" [ding!] dies on the run back to the corner. "Can I get an effing res? Where are you guys?"

    MyDDO indicates he is a level 17 drow paladin with ~225 hp and less than 100% fort.

    The rogues in the group all have > 400 hp. Nothing spectacular...

    Ranger tanks it np, raid completes, we all get our loot. Grats to Pile-an-din on madstone boots, for doing nothing, learning nothing, and continuing to swear at people who try to teach. grrrr...

    Was definately worth the entertainment value it provided though.
    Yeah I haven't run with Too many of those kind of noobs, but I hear the stories and it cracks me up.. Been soloing reaver elite for YEARS!! I think the thing is , they are so used to being inadequate, they feel everyone is. I'm just back after almost a year off, and at times I feel like a waste of space, but that's just because I'm used to leading quests and didn't have to follow much. Listening and following is a humbling and beneficial experience to me.. I wish more noobs felt the same way, lol.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

  4. #84
    Community Member lord_of_rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Oh ran a crucible run. A noob picked up one of the first placards to the horn in the maze and discarded it from his inventory after he was told not to touch anything lol.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

  5. #85
    Community Member die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orien's Belt
    Posts
    1,742

    Talking

    mightyoneX
    Community Member Join Date: Apr 2010
    Posts: 3


    Dissapointing Game ..QUOTE

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So after spending some time playing the game i came to the realization...what am I doing playing this, its so insignificant in the gaming world its below my notice. So ive just decided to leave a message on here in hopes that some of you will hear the voice of reason and leave the game before you even start or if your a veteran who is sick of this. Ill just throw out a list of problems.

    1.) Sad SAd SAD graphics, honestly compared to a game like wow with such vivid bright colors this world looks dull and gray. Theres nothing to explore and the lack of details kills my gaming experience. Its much to dark and you can only go so long with seeing the same repetitive dungeon or outside scenery before you want to blow your head off.

    2.) To go along with the poor graphics the character creation is just stupid, yeah sure it is pretty in depth but the options they give you are so terrible you might as well go through a bunch of costum presets since making a character that doesnt look like a troll is impossible. In wow at least the charcaters are colorful with cool shades of skin tone and whatnot but this game severely limits you. Kind of sad that they even made and attempt.

    3.)Massive lack of content, honestly theres only like, 90 quests or something for a free player and even if you do pay its not that much more. Id compare the content to getting a car but without an engine. Sure at first it looks nice...until you realize you arent going anywhere.

    4.) Combat is dull and repetitive, go to an npc and do a dungeon over and over while you simply click on a spell to cast, or swing your axe for hours on end. Ive seen more sophisticated comabt in text based games, the animations are nothing compared to the wow skill animations which actuallly make you want to play the game.

    Honestly this game is just a sad attempt to remake wow which obviously failed so it had to f2p. I highly doubt that ill be playing it again since its really not worth the ground under my feet. And to those who play this game like its something cool, please stop deceiving yourselves.. thanks. You can try to refute me, but you know im right and i know im right.


    mightyoneX
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to mightyoneX
    Find all posts by mightyoneX
    Add mightyoneX to Your Contacts

    #2 04-08-2010, 09:17 PM
    ... didnt take long too find that stupid one
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

  6. #86
    Community Member Mithran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,746

    Default asdf

    Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    mightyoneX
    Community Member Join Date: Apr 2010
    Posts: 3


    Dissapointing Game ..QUOTE

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So after spending some time playing the game i came to the realization...what am I doing playing this, its so insignificant in the gaming world its below my notice. So ive just decided to leave a message on here in hopes that some of you will hear the voice of reason and leave the game before you even start or if your a veteran who is sick of this. Ill just throw out a list of problems.

    1.) Sad SAd SAD graphics, honestly compared to a game like wow with such vivid bright colors this world looks dull and gray. Theres nothing to explore and the lack of details kills my gaming experience. Its much to dark and you can only go so long with seeing the same repetitive dungeon or outside scenery before you want to blow your head off.

    2.) To go along with the poor graphics the character creation is just stupid, yeah sure it is pretty in depth but the options they give you are so terrible you might as well go through a bunch of costum presets since making a character that doesnt look like a troll is impossible. In wow at least the charcaters are colorful with cool shades of skin tone and whatnot but this game severely limits you. Kind of sad that they even made and attempt.

    3.)Massive lack of content, honestly theres only like, 90 quests or something for a free player and even if you do pay its not that much more. Id compare the content to getting a car but without an engine. Sure at first it looks nice...until you realize you arent going anywhere.

    4.) Combat is dull and repetitive, go to an npc and do a dungeon over and over while you simply click on a spell to cast, or swing your axe for hours on end. Ive seen more sophisticated comabt in text based games, the animations are nothing compared to the wow skill animations which actuallly make you want to play the game.

    Honestly this game is just a sad attempt to remake wow which obviously failed so it had to f2p. I highly doubt that ill be playing it again since its really not worth the ground under my feet. And to those who play this game like its something cool, please stop deceiving yourselves.. thanks. You can try to refute me, but you know im right and i know im right.


    mightyoneX
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to mightyoneX
    Find all posts by mightyoneX
    Add mightyoneX to Your Contacts

    #2 04-08-2010, 09:17 PM
    ... didnt take long too find that stupid one
    Hi Welcome

    I'm sorry we're taking your customers, Mr. Blizzard, but not everyone thinks a game that allows you to stand up from your keyboard mid-combat is desirable. As far as the graphics go, I'd recommend you try it on better than a Very Low setting before criticizing it.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

  7. #87
    Community Member dread333's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    161

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    That was far from boasting. As you said anyone can solo that quest and they don't even have to be a TR to do it, so it was no major accomplishment. Did I get pleasure from my comment to the noob? Yes. Do I get pleasure from the post? No it was an opportunity to vent and laugh at the same.

    I'm tired of noobs with no clue or imagination telling me what level I have to be to run a quest. IE. shroud on norm level 18-20. Or how my build won't work when they have no clue what I'm building or the mechanics of the game. If I'm not a straight fighter I cant' be a tank yet their fighter starts with a 10 Con and they claim to be a tank.

    So when someone insiuates I'm piker in a group that I'm leading and says I'm going to be worthless says it in group chat. Then yes I'm going to enjoy EDUCATING them at the end of the quest that they don't know sh!t about the game, and that they shouldn't be so closed minded. Just like all the other noobs on here.

    As I always say. NEWBS are great to have in the game. They study it and ask questions, they learn and observe. They liten to and use advice given. They are fun to run with and to teach the game to.

    NOOBS on the other hand. Are close minded, don't listen, think they know everything, and are a pain in the a$$. They're the ones who insist you have to bring a cleric or you can't finish the quest. Or that a wizzy w/ one level of rogue can join the group looking for a rogue because they think he won't be able to take down the traps.

    Thus this was entitled NOOB comment and was about NOOBS, and I have no problem slamming a NOOB.

    Just because one is new doesn't mean they have to be a NOOB. They can be a NEWB they have a choice.
    /signed...some people are new and respond great to comments or suggestions, some are just a little too casual a player for me and quit whenever the going gets a little rough, not sure what to call them, some have played for years and are total NOOBS...I feel your frustration, echo it and say thank goodness for people who feel that in a game like DDO if you ever stop learning from other players, you may as well pack it in.

  8. #88
    Community Member Boldrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    You want a bad Shroud story?? I was running one yesterday or the day before on my caster.. Part 3 I solve my puzzle and go purify my fountain. I go back grab another water and solve 2 more puzzles , purify another fountain. Go back grab another water, solve a 4th puzzle , purify a 3rd fountain. Go back for a 4th water, all of a sudden I dc.. Have to completely restart computer.. I come back about 5 minutes later. Half the party is dead and there are 2 Prismatic walls up, lol. I haven't seen 2 prismatic walls since the 1st week of the Shroud. I start asking if there was anyone else in the entire party who knew how to do a puzzle, some said yes.. I was just wondering.. if other people could solve them.. why did we have to break the crystals and lose 2 chests and have the 2nd wall come up, lol. It was some funny stuff, I just laughed about it. Glad I wasn't leading it. And you can't blame me for not knocking doors, we had a rogue
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

  9. #89
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member
    MeliCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    A level 9-12 elite TS and I ask my friend a long time player 2nd TR sorc to come along for a laugh.

    The party ends up being the very slow and deliberate type. So my friend, and another sorc who also appeared to seriously know what they were doing, start just rushing ahead and soloing everything. The rest of the party starts getting very nasty and critical of why they can't do anything. My friend dies in one of the traps and rezzes from a nearby shrine and they continue all the while being jibed at by the rest of the party. Fortunately I have enough of a clue to keep up with them and open the couple of strength levers they need. They get to the last boss and the rest of the party are saying things like 'I don't know how they are going to take him down. Let's do nothing and wait'. So yeah, no problems for sorcs (I had managed to get myself killed and was left dead for helping them) and the boss is dead and TS completed essentially duoed by the two sorcs.

    All of the sudden the rest of the party is like "woah, so cool, I'll have you in my party anytime!". I find it kind of funny and sad at the same time.

    It really changes my perspective of what is possible and how the game can be played when I see seriously clued up vets play it. But you don't tend to see that at first when you are very new and pugging with other very new players. I suspect the rest of the TS party had a bit of a rude shock by that experience
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

  10. #90
    Community Member Trunk-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yelling at the top of his lungs so the mic distorts, with all kinds of swear words etc. added in for more entertainment value.

    "You put the quest on elite?" When we enter "Reavers Fate" (snickering but no straight answer)

    "We dont even have enough people dude!!!" (LOLs all around)

    The same player in the same quest. "Too many squishy rogues, pfft, this isnt going to work. Rangers tanking? hahaha. Let me do this."

    Me: "Yeah dude youre the paladin. Go get em. Bring em to the left corner" [ding!] dies on the run back to the corner. "Can I get an effing res? Where are you guys?"

    MyDDO indicates he is a level 17 drow paladin with ~225 hp and less than 100% fort.

    The rogues in the group all have > 400 hp. Nothing spectacular...

    Ranger tanks it np, raid completes, we all get our loot. Grats to Pile-an-din on madstone boots, for doing nothing, learning nothing, and continuing to swear at people who try to teach. grrrr...

    Was definately worth the entertainment value it provided though.
    Hahaha... i think i was in that one, or one very similar to that. I actually enjoy these noob moments, especially in the Reaver after doing it too many times to be proud of
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

  11. #91
    Community Member Trunk-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    You want a bad Shroud story?? I was running one yesterday or the day before on my caster.. Part 3 I solve my puzzle and go purify my fountain. I go back grab another water and solve 2 more puzzles , purify another fountain. Go back grab another water, solve a 4th puzzle , purify a 3rd fountain. Go back for a 4th water, all of a sudden I dc.. Have to completely restart computer.. I come back about 5 minutes later. Half the party is dead and there are 2 Prismatic walls up, lol. I haven't seen 2 prismatic walls since the 1st week of the Shroud. I start asking if there was anyone else in the entire party who knew how to do a puzzle, some said yes.. I was just wondering.. if other people could solve them.. why did we have to break the crystals and lose 2 chests and have the 2nd wall come up, lol. It was some funny stuff, I just laughed about it. Glad I wasn't leading it. And you can't blame me for not knocking doors, we had a rogue
    People that do the shroud without knowing how to do the puzzles in part 3 should not be allowed to loot. (Save maybe the first timers) Most new people these days seem to pike the group, expect the rogue/arcane to unlock the door and have someone else solve the puzzle. Also, the lame dopes that hang out at the pool while everyone else solves the puzzles/fills the fountains should be penalized as well. There is no reason for people not to learn how to do these puzzles. There are only 7 combinations in 5x5 and 3x3...and the 4x4 solves itself. Circle can be a little trick i guess... but once you learn it, its the same methodology each time.

    Maybe they should trigger some sort of app that prevents ingredients from dropping their chests. Hmmmm
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

  12. #92
    Community Member knightgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post

    Just makes me think. How did we used to do Stormcleave with a group of all level 4's when it's a level 10 quest? Since according to noob. A level 4 should be worthless in Tear, a level 7 quest.

    The hits just keep on coming.
    Lies! There was never such a thing as a group of level 4's running a level 10 quest!

  13. #93
    Community Member lord_of_rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Lies! There was never such a thing as a group of level 4's running a level 10 quest!
    Ive run stormcleave at lvl 4 several times but on normal. Besides it used to be all you needed was an opener. As long as you had one person of the right lvl to open the quest.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

  14. #94
    Community Member lord_of_rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    You want a bad Shroud story?? I was running one yesterday or the day before on my caster.. Part 3 I solve my puzzle and go purify my fountain. I go back grab another water and solve 2 more puzzles , purify another fountain. Go back grab another water, solve a 4th puzzle , purify a 3rd fountain. Go back for a 4th water, all of a sudden I dc.. Have to completely restart computer.. I come back about 5 minutes later. Half the party is dead and there are 2 Prismatic walls up, lol. I haven't seen 2 prismatic walls since the 1st week of the Shroud. I start asking if there was anyone else in the entire party who knew how to do a puzzle, some said yes.. I was just wondering.. if other people could solve them.. why did we have to break the crystals and lose 2 chests and have the 2nd wall come up, lol. It was some funny stuff, I just laughed about it. Glad I wasn't leading it. And you can't blame me for not knocking doors, we had a rogue
    LOL Bold its a very good thing you werent running it. Though Id have paid to listen to your rant once your bp spiked.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

  15. #95
    Community Member DragonDrago77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada- Igloo Land
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malicia View Post
    I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

    I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

    I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

    People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

    Boy you sure showed that noob, congrats buddy!

    Do you feel it necessary to insult him because he is using freedom of speech?
    I disagree with people all the time. Do I feel it necessary to put them down for what they say? No.
    If he wants to write whatever he wants, that's his choice. Don't put him down for it.
    You don't like his post? Don't do what he did and vent your frustration because you are doing exactly what he did.
    He got mad/frustrated at a noob and vented it.
    You got mad/frustrated at him and vented it.
    Last edited by DragonDrago77; 04-12-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Huh?

  16. #96
    Community Member Swedishchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden, enjoying a Caffreys
    Posts
    530

    Default

    LFM: Gwylan elite/rushing (no 1st timers, good-rogue skills wanted) Byoh
    Me on my wf pally and a guildie on his wf wiz.

    Rogue applys lfm, i accept.

    Rogue: -Hi guys, saw you need a trapsmith.

    Me: -Hey, aye we do for extra exp.

    Rogue: -Only been in there 3 times.

    Me: -Nps, but you do know where the boxes are right?

    Rogue: -Sure, but you know they can´t be dissarmed right?

    awkward silence

    Me: -uhm..... yes they can

    Rogue: -No they can´t

    Me: -yes they can.

    Rogue: -Hmmm maybe you should look for another rogue

    [Party]rogue has left your group

    I laughed very hard along with my guildie, poor newb
    Last edited by Swedishchef; 04-12-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    You don´t get more out of life then you put in to it.

  17. #97
    Community Member lord_of_rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishchef View Post
    LFM: Gwylan elite/rushing (no 1st timers, good-rogue skills wanted) Byoh
    Me on my wf pally and a guildie on his wf wiz.

    Rogue applys lfm, i accept.

    Rogue: -Hi guys, saw you need a trapsmith.

    Me: -Hey, aye we do for extra exp.

    Rogue: -Only been in there 3 times.

    Me: -Nps, but you do know where the boxes are right?

    Rogue: Sure, but you know they can´t be dissarmed right?

    awkward silence

    Me: -uhm..... yes they can

    Rogue: -No they can´t

    Me: yes they can.

    Rogue: -Hmmm mabye you should look for another rogue

    [Party]rogue has left your group

    I laugh very hard along with my guildie, poor newb

    LMFAO man I almost fell out of my chair
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

  18. #98
    Community Member apacheizm23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y. Riedra.
    Posts
    985

    Default

    You want Noob stupid remarks? Just copy N Paste the Help and advice channel any time of the day. Right Slink?
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

  19. #99
    Community Member dread333's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    161

    Wink

    Saw an LFM up for Xorian Cypher Elite, said "Experienced players" Joined on my tank...group leader was a rogue I'm thinking ok we got this np...another rogue joins the group, cool we be set , NOT! Neither rogue could get the traps or the int runes, wipe one make it to the shrine, wipe two...sorc DC's...Ok sorry guys this isn't gonna happen, I drop group, a few minutes later I see another LFM up by the same rogue that again says "Experienced Players" , lol what ya gonna do?

  20. #100
    Community Member Rydin_Dirtay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Rangers don't count as melee, they are a specialty class.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Page 5 of 126 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload