Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

It was an exercise in control and really in the end it didnt matter to me and hopefully those in group who believed this guy will someday soon learn different.

Group forms for von flagging, leader says he is very experienced and will guild the new folks through so I fall back in line and **** for the ride.

Von1 went smoothly. Leader took us to a door and asked where the rogue was because he needed to pick it so we could get at the chest inside. Rogue says "I am picking it now and you guys are at the wrong door". Leader says "my mistake". It happens so I dont think much of it at the time. We complete the quest without a hitch.

Von2 I notice everyone got lost in the maze as I waited for them at the fire giant. They eventually found their way and I asked if we could split in 2 groups for the sake of time..... we did and the quest was completed without further issue.

Von3 we clear all the trolls and leader says we should all shrine. I stand by the door (party healbot) just didnt wanna walk over to the shrine for no reason. Leader says "you may wanna get your sp back b4 next part" I say " It will refill between instances" Leader says "OK but your not gonna have any sp until the next shrine" I dont say anything, we just enter the next part and he says "Oh... I guess you were right".

Now Im thinking to myself, this guy may know these quests but likely hasnt played in over a year. So he askes if the chest was still up the ramp when your first enter the quest, I said no but we went and checked anyway.... wasnt there of course. Party kills a bunch drow without issue and then we get to beholders. Old school style he tells me to park it behind a mushroom and rezz whoever dies. The rogue dies, then the wiz and I get a little frustrated and move forward to the rest of the group.

Leader starts unleashing holy hell on me for coming out of the safe spot and I tell him to chill. We had a wf fighter and told the wf to go kill the beholders. Leader says the fighter will get nuked and die, I said no he wont, I'll just heal him. Leader says that hes done this over 50 times and when the fighter gets disintergrated Im gonna get nuked right after him and dont drag anything back to the party. I said "hes a wf fighter, hes gonna make his saves...its a fort save". Anyway, the wf goes on a killing spree and offs all the beholders in just a few minutes, including a named behole and I healed him twice and only had to avoid 1 purple beam but never took damage myself.

Next we fight the Marut. Leader tells wizzy to spam disintergrate. I started to argue that MM and firewall combo would be better because disintergrate is a fort save and the marut will probably make his saves for half but figured I would just support him with searing light. The melees boxed him in and started swinging and the leader says "good job all but the ranger was healing him with the fire damage on his sword" I said "The marut heals naturally, wasnt the fire" Leader says "yes it was, he wasnt healing before he got hit with fire" I said "k whatever".

Von4 Leader gets into an arguement with the wizard over the proper use of firewall. Tells him hes suppossed to jump around in it and not cast it on top of a melee whos fighting. Wizard says " you were getting pounded so I drew the aggro off you so you wouldnt die, I was trying to help" then various names get tossed back and forth. After they are done we move on only to discover the leader doesnt know how to do the wheel puzzle but thats fine I just say I'll do it and we moved on completing the quest as normal.

He made the list........... He waved the "Ima vet card" in everyones faces and was still clueless while feeding the new players all sorts of false info. I look foward to him leading a shroud raid one day and splitting the group into 4 with each group fighting 1 Luietenant in a different corner of the maze. You will know him when you see him...... he will be the group looking for 4 healers, 6 dps and 2 casters.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Last week there was an LFM up for Crucible elite stating they needed a guide and a rogue and only had one spot left. That's one of my favorite quests to teach people. So I sent him a tell saying I don't have a rougue but I had a toon that could make the swim and get thru the spinner room if he wanted me. He said yes.

I jumped on Boddingtons got in the group and not one person was familiar with the quest.
    Bah, I will say you pike! You don't even take my FvS through it! I wonder why...
    They followed directions to the T.
    Oh yeah, that is why

On a Cabal for one Quest (LFM had know the quest / self healing):
    (Party): [Party] <Player:>xxxx<\Player>: share quest plz

This one was annoying being spammed on trade channels:
    (Trade): [<Player:xxx>xxx<\Player>] WTB 30 minute guest pass to Necro4

I recall another one where the LFM had P2P for Necro, a person joined, kept asking how to get to the quest and then said he couldn't get in could someone let him in. It was a F2P who wanted us to buy it for them...

But, to support your questing with new players, I always get a kick out of statements like this:
    (General): [<Player:xxx>xxx<\Player>] wow, i just killed agiant skeleton. cool @#$%

Always cool when you are party with someone loving the experience of D&D.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    The title of the Thread may attract hungry cubes. My own Thread on this some time ago was Closed because it sought to make light of some of the misimpressions new players can have. Having said that, my Drow 12 Rogue/6 Ranger/2 Paladin was declined for the TrapMonkey slot in VoD a couple days ago with the explanation: "We wanted someone with more levels of Paladin. lol."

LFM a couple of weeks ago on Argo, only party leader in the party:

"AFK 'til party forms"
    ~ Slayer of the Unwashed, Vice Chair for Disinterest & Apathy of the Grand & Glorious Brotherhood
    of the Soooo Not Politically Correct, and Nefarious Devourer of Frosted Goodness ~

…clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am…

Community Member

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pfamily View Post
    LFM a couple of weeks ago on Argo, only party leader in the party:

"AFK 'til party forms"
    That's funny

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    It was an exercise in control and really in the end it didnt matter to me and hopefully those in group who believed this guy will someday soon learn different.

Group forms for von flagging, leader says he is very experienced and will guild the new folks through so I fall back in line and **** for the ride.

Von1 went smoothly. Leader took us to a door and asked where the rogue was because he needed to pick it so we could get at the chest inside. Rogue says "I am picking it now and you guys are at the wrong door". Leader says "my mistake". It happens so I dont think much of it at the time. We complete the quest without a hitch.

Von2 I notice everyone got lost in the maze as I waited for them at the fire giant. They eventually found their way and I asked if we could split in 2 groups for the sake of time..... we did and the quest was completed without further issue.

Von3 we clear all the trolls and leader says we should all shrine. I stand by the door (party healbot) just didnt wanna walk over to the shrine for no reason. Leader says "you may wanna get your sp back b4 next part" I say " It will refill between instances" Leader says "OK but your not gonna have any sp until the next shrine" I dont say anything, we just enter the next part and he says "Oh... I guess you were right".

Now Im thinking to myself, this guy may know these quests but likely hasnt played in over a year. So he askes if the chest was still up the ramp when your first enter the quest, I said no but we went and checked anyway.... wasnt there of course. Party kills a bunch drow without issue and then we get to beholders. Old school style he tells me to park it behind a mushroom and rezz whoever dies. The rogue dies, then the wiz and I get a little frustrated and move forward to the rest of the group.

Leader starts unleashing holy hell on me for coming out of the safe spot and I tell him to chill. We had a wf fighter and told the wf to go kill the beholders. Leader says the fighter will get nuked and die, I said no he wont, I'll just heal him. Leader says that hes done this over 50 times and when the fighter gets disintergrated Im gonna get nuked right after him and dont drag anything back to the party. I said "hes a wf fighter, hes gonna make his saves...its a fort save". Anyway, the wf goes on a killing spree and offs all the beholders in just a few minutes, including a named behole and I healed him twice and only had to avoid 1 purple beam but never took damage myself.

Next we fight the Marut. Leader tells wizzy to spam disintergrate. I started to argue that MM and firewall combo would be better because disintergrate is a fort save and the marut will probably make his saves for half but figured I would just support him with searing light. The melees boxed him in and started swinging and the leader says "good job all but the ranger was healing him with the fire damage on his sword" I said "The marut heals naturally, wasnt the fire" Leader says "yes it was, he wasnt healing before he got hit with fire" I said "k whatever".

Von4 Leader gets into an arguement with the wizard over the proper use of firewall. Tells him hes suppossed to jump around in it and not cast it on top of a melee whos fighting. Wizard says " you were getting pounded so I drew the aggro off you so you wouldnt die, I was trying to help" then various names get tossed back and forth. After they are done we move on only to discover the leader doesnt know how to do the wheel puzzle but thats fine I just say I'll do it and we moved on completing the quest as normal.

He made the list........... He waved the "Ima vet card" in everyones faces and was still clueless while feeding the new players all sorts of false info. I look foward to him leading a shroud raid one day and splitting the group into 4 with each group fighting 1 Luietenant in a different corner of the maze. You will know him when you see him...... he will be the group looking for 4 healers, 6 dps and 2 casters.
    Umm since when is the chest not up the ramp it was there about a month ago when I did the quest.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Default Uska

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Umm since when is the chest not up the ramp it was there about a month ago when I did the quest.
    Don't know when it went away but it's gone. I noticed that as well the other day.

Default My biggest Noob Moment

VoN 6 Old school style back when the level cap was still 10. We were short maning with 6 for better chance at the lewt.

Mobs dragged back to home, base puller raised, pillars go down with little issue. The only cleric was busy explaining how the hero method was going to work yada yada

Cleric has died.
    Cleric " **** I hit Autorun and went over the side."

To this day I have yet to live this down 4 years later. Damn noob moments, its what makes the game fun. Endless material to give each other ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Gornn 1:39:12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYFan View Post
    All the spouses of DDO players got together and launched a coordinated distributed denial-of-service attack...

Community Member

Default Ghaldar that's not true

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaldar View Post
    VoN 6 Old school style back when the level cap was still 10. We were short maning with 6 for better chance at the lewt.

Mobs dragged back to home, base puller raised, pillars go down with little issue. The only cleric was busy explaining how the hero method was going to work yada yada

Cleric has died.
    Cleric " **** I hit Autorun and went over the side."

To this day I have yet to live this down 4 years later. Damn noob moments, its what makes the game fun. Endless material to give each other ****.
    Stop lying you can't 6 man von 6 with only level 10 players. It's impossible. Ask the Noobs they will tell you.

Don't know when it went away but it's gone. I noticed that as well the other day.
    I could of swore it was there when i was in there just last week. Hmmmm..... could it be random? That doesnt really make sense.
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

Community Member

Default Trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Trunk-Monkey View Post
    I could of swore it was there when i was in there just last week. Hmmmm..... could it be random? That doesnt really make sense.
    I was wondering if it might be random now. If someone can confirm please do.

nvm
    Beastx - Paladin, Knight of the Chalice - http://www.c-l-a-w.org/

'Sinq laison' Light monk - 'Increased awareness' Wf Fvs - 'Pileon For free xp' gimp - 'Anil Bangor' Anti-petegunn Dark monk - 'Cootchie' Newest rebuild of rock candy

I ahve done the quest a few times in the last week. It is there half the time. It must be random now.

Chest in Part 3, i do believe was changed when VoN's went epic. I am not 100% sure if it is random or not, but it seems it is not there more often then not.

At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

Oh here is a good one. Was running deleras about 3 weeks ago. The leader starts wanting to slow down in part 2 and hit all the optional complaining about max xp. So they finish the quest and naturally I recall. The leader and this noob ranger run all the way back through the quest to break all the breakables and finish one more optional after the quest was completed. It took 15 more min. In which time we could have reran 90% of part2 without the optionals for much more xp. It was really funny.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Community Member

Default OK 2 foor 1 special this week

I see an Lfm for DTOV level 14-18. I'm on my Wizzy/1 rogue. I join cuz I need the boots. I head out and am told we need a healer. I say OK NP I'll clear til we get one but I can UMD heal scrolls and we're level 14-18 we should do fine.

Down to last vamp ask leader are you almost here so we can finish(he died on the 1st attempt out)? He says no I don't even know how to get there. A person tells him jump right and follow water to pyramid. Leader says. Do you mean the place I died on the stairs going out there the first time?

You have got to love it. An LFM for a quest that you don't even know how to get to.

OH. BTW he was a guild leader and was talking to another dude in our group that he just recruited. The other dude says ya the guild I was in is wondering why I left to join yours (our group leader). So was I actually.

You just can't make this sh!t up.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post
    Oh here is a good one. Was running deleras about 3 weeks ago. The leader starts wanting to slow down in part 2 and hit all the optional complaining about max xp. So they finish the quest and naturally I recall. The leader and this noob ranger run all the way back through the quest to break all the breakables and finish one more optional after the quest was completed. It took 15 more min. In which time we could have reran 90% of part2 without the optionals for much more xp. It was really funny.
    Th optional phenomenon is a funny one...I was in a Xorain party and we had finished but missed one rune along the way and the leader wanted to find it for the XP. So 10 minutes of running around (turned out to be the one in the puzzle room) we pop it...you have received 415 xp. Yippie.... It's a lesson I guess we learned as newb's that most of the time the optional xp isn't worth the hassle.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Th optional phenomenon is a funny one...I was in a Xorain party and we had finished but missed one rune along the way and the leader wanted to find it for the XP. So 10 minutes of running around (turned out to be the one in the puzzle room) we pop it...you have received 415 xp. Yippie.... It's a lesson I guess we learned as newb's that most of the time the optional xp isn't worth the hassle.
    True dat! A lot of people think that zergers are just elitist pigs, but in reality, they just don't waste time on the BS.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    True dat! A lot of people think that zergers are just elitist pigs, but in reality, they just don't waste time on the BS.
    I've been farming it a bit and on a later run the leader was going on about needing someone with Cha for the runes. I explained it was 415 and not worth the wait took the next guy and flew through it...I understand the ops on Delera's 2 or ToD...the xp is good plus the chests. Worse than the optional thing is skipping a junk chest...whew I have seen some angry folks when we said we were not going to grab a chest full of rocks and plus one ****.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Setting:
    Shroud part 3

Comment:
    "Don't run on the yellow symbols, that makes more of those blades spawn!"

Me:
    *Looks for aspirin*

Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast