Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Still trying to live this one down.

I join a VON 5&6 run on my new wizzy experiment. He does just fine throughout part 5. We get to part 6 and I'm placed on the third base team. Leader of that team gives the go. I hit autorun so I can hit a couple of clickies on the way in preparation...

Party leader calls my name and says wait. Confused, I turn to see him and run right off of the bridge....

Yeah, talk about embarrassing. Still don't think I've apologized enough for that bright bulb move.
    Was this a Epic von 6? Because if it is, I will not be the only person to have done this!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    Priceless!

And is that legal in most states?
    Only in West Virginia.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Only in West Virginia.
    And yet again the phrase what happens in Khyber, stays in Khyber is appropriate.
    Draz in all forms of the Prophets of the New Republic and Lava Divers / Khyber Original / R.I.P. E. Gary Gygax 03/04/08 / Supporter of the AEA / Owner of 4 birthday cupcakes Thank you Cupcake /Drazell Bergost leader of the Khyberian Ham Authority / Support your local Qwijymart!

Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    You're too nice for Khyber, you should have let them keep fighting and laughed about it, because if a person can't even pick on himself.. something's wrong!
    Ah, dear Boldrin. I'm not even ON Khyber (Ghallanda, BABY!). Just felt like smooooooshing myself into your thread because I didn't get enough attention when I was a kid. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Was this a Epic von 6? Because if it is, I will not be the only person to have done this!
    I'd imagine by the time he's playing epic he may have worked out such kinks.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Sadly, it was VON 5&6 normal.

Wiz was level 11 with a 2 rogue splash for trap skills, umd, and evasion. And I'm hoping I didn't make anyone's 'friend list' with that brilliant move, haha.

My main has TR'ed (again) and is working up to level 20 in hope of getting into some epic runs. Playing the wizzy alleviates the stress of the TR2 experience table, and strange pug experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Noob: Your worthless in here you won't be of any help at all (saying it as if I'm piking my own lfm). ...
    Actually bloody been thinking next time I put up an lfm may advertise at start ...

"Wanted : DPS=Open, Healers=Open, Arcane=Open or Bard=Open, Piker=Position Filled"

... Although not quite sure how many hit's I'll get?

Last edited by Emili; 04-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by malicia View Post
    I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

Boy you sure showed that noob, congrats buddy!
    LOL, you took the words out of my mouth!

I was thinking to myself while reading... Why would somebody take a group into Tear Normal? On a fully geared/twinked TR, you do all the work and when somebody dies, you lose 10% xp. No offense, but your post qualifies as my ~noob comment of the week.~

Play Goot!

Community Member

The other day i was in tear with my TR'd FvS and some of the other people in the group were asking me questions about TR, all of a sudden the Sorc chimes in that he has TR'd twice as a FvS and twice as a Sorc on that toon. He had no wings by his name so i asked him where his wings were and he told us that he hasn't taken the time to get them yet, and that he is saving up enough money to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by sarty72 View Post
    The other day i was in tear with my TR'd FvS and some of the other people in the group were asking me questions about TR, all of a sudden the Sorc chimes in that he has TR'd twice as a FvS and twice as a Sorc on that toon. He had no wings by his name so i asked him where his wings were and he told us that he hasn't taken the time to get them yet, and that he is saving up enough money to buy them.
    At least he didn't say he was waiting for someone to ring a bell...
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Community Member

Default Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    LOL, you took the words out of my mouth!

I was thinking to myself while reading... Why would somebody take a group into Tear Normal? On a fully geared/twinked TR, you do all the work and when somebody dies, you lose 10% xp. No offense, but your post qualifies as my ~noob comment of the week.~

Play Goot!
    As stated above. I'm in no guilds and only solo or pug. I hate running solo so I'll throw up an LFM as I did last night. As it was, I was already inside soloing it while the LFM was up. If one dies oh well I lose 10%. I'm in no hurry to cap another toon. I think I have 12 now. It's not like I'm missing new quests that are coming out daily. Been running the same sh!t for the last 4 years. The maps & mobs change but it's still all the same grind.

Plus if they're a newb and not a noob then I got to meet someone cool and possibly teach them a thing or two to help build a stronger player pool. Dropping the noob to newb ratio.

And if you call Korthos gear uber & twinked OK fine I ran w/ uber twinked out gear. Why would one even bother to send a level 4 toon gear. You level too fast and there isn't a need to send it any gear except for the stuff from Tangleroot which you can't wear until level 5. Pots & wands should be all one would need. Just my 2C about gear and levels though.
    Last edited by Disavowed; 04-05-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Default Physician, heal thyself!!

This occurred about half way through Tempest Spine this past weekend.

Level 12 Cleric: I'm blind
    (time passes)
    Level 12 Cleric: guys, I'm blind

At this point, I open up a trade panel and hand the cleric a remove blindness potion.

Level 12 Cleric: I don't have time for this (Recalls and drops group.)

Community Member

Default That is great

Quote Originally Posted by zed1 View Post

(time passes)

At this point, I open up a trade panel and hand the cleric a remove blindness potion.

And that's exactly what I mean by a noob as opposed to a newb. No pots, no wands, and no spell, for remove blindess, yet he's a cleric. OMFG!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by malicia View Post
    I am sure ill tick some neg rep for this and i dont flame people as a rule but i might make an exception here.

I am confused why someone would take it upon themselves to come and gloat on public forums about an occurrence such as this.

I mean seriously, did you get pleasure from saying that to someone? Then feel it necessary to come and post on the realm forums about your achievement in a quest which is soloable at level 4 on a geared TR on normal. Which is what you should be doing, if you have this kind of reaction to other players with differing experience and knowledge of the game, pugging is not for you.

People say stupid things sometimes because they dont know any better, i guess theres 2 types eh, those that will clear up the 'stupid' with a calmly typed/spoken sentence and those that will go to the realm forums with it.

Boy you sure showed that noob, congrats buddy!
    Thanks for stepping forward and identifying yourself as the NOOB in question. We appreciate your willingness to identify yourself as the Noob in the above story. While OP didnt want to post names...it is clear it must be you....Why else would you care so much?

OH and NOBODY CARES....move along.

(time passes)

Nice. I would have passed him a heal scroll.
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

Community Member

Default Zed I like that

(time passes)

Instead of using the remove blindness pot on him by targeting him and thus being an enabler. You kick open the trade window and make him take it and drink it. That is freaking classic. Yet he still gets mad and quits. I assume it's because he actually had to swallow the pot himself instead of someone just doing it for him. That is freaking great. I can't think of a better way to make a point.

I'm too stupid. I'd have hit him with a wand or pot and then said that's why you need to carry pots, wands, or spells, of remove everything over voice.

I like your way much better. Once again I learned something new.

I can totally imagine a comic based off of that.

Cleric: Guys. I'm poisoned. I said, I'm poisoned. I'M FREAKING POISONED!

---------

Barbarian: Good. god. Here's a freaking Remove Poison potion. *holds it out*

---------

*a panel of silence*

---------

Barbarian: What's your problem now?

Cleric: I'm waiting for you to put the bottle to my lips.

---------

Barbarian: What? Just take the bottle and drink it yourself!

Cleric: How dare you inconvenience me! I'm going home! *casts remove poison on himself*

---------

Wizard: ...Did he just remove his own poison with a spell after nagging you for a potion?

Barbarian: Yeah... he did.

Default I'm a bit concerned. . .

The title of the Thread may attract hungry cubes. My own Thread on this some time ago was Closed because it sought to make light of some of the misimpressions new players can have. Having said that, my Drow 12 Rogue/6 Ranger/2 Paladin was declined for the TrapMonkey slot in VoD a couple days ago with the explanation: "We wanted someone with more levels of Paladin. lol."
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

So I had just got back on leave and was bouncing back and forth between my fvs and my pally. I saw a gwylans run up looking for heals. Cool. I jumped on wrath and hit the lfm. I go grab p buffs and head in. We had this really squishy fighter who splashed a 2 lvls of pally I think. We roll through norm ok. He must have been wearing a paper bag for armor because he was dropping like a stone most of the time. So I back out of melee and play healbot. Im chugging sp pots and blowing wands. Well we finish and go back in on hard. Now things become interesting. He isnt chugging pots but he is ranting about how great his build is. As I spend most of my sp on him. Wont use cc ....The others in the party are shooting me tells about him. Well finally he says something to the effect of my build is perfect I'm leading the kill count I really dont need you here. . I think he lasted a tad over a min or so. I guess I just lost track of his bar in the melee. Then he rants about a rez and I should have done my job blah blah blah. In the pack he went we finish the quest. I dropped his stone at the shrine and politely told him he was only as good as those who were healing him.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    The title of the Thread may attract hungry cubes. My own Thread on this some time ago was Closed because it sought to make light of some of the misimpressions new players can have. Having said that, my Drow 12 Rogue/6 Ranger/2 Paladin was declined for the TrapMonkey slot in VoD a couple days ago with the explanation: "We wanted someone with more levels of Paladin. lol."
    Are you serious?????? LMFAO.

Had kill almost get declined from a spot because he has 2 lvls of fighter on a pally and they were concerned on how well I would be able to "tank". LOL. Though Im not sure I strapped a shield on in that quest.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast