Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

oh dear... this was back 3 pages... come on Khyber!

i have a new self-noob moment to add.

doing a TOD on a barb i dont' play as much these days. it was part 1 and one of our healers had died and i was trying to take care of my curses mindful that at least 2 other players in there didn't appear to have guild pots. it kept not working - and the truly awesome Fvs (she is *really* good) kept noticing when i backed out and assisting even though that was a fairly stressful part 1.

part 3 and these curse pots *still* dont' appear to be working. we had 3 people die in part 3 (a rogue with 210hp??? 75% fort? and the other player wasn't doing their own curses fast enough again died 2x) so another stressful part 3.it was all funny and fun though

it wasn't until the end over the chests when i again started to whinge about these stuipd curse guild curse pots... and linked the 75 of them in party chat ... er... um...

i have a new appreciation now that the animation for disease removal is different from curse removal for a reason...

(gave awesome Fvs 7 sp pots...)
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Community Member

Default Since Meli brought the thread back from the dead.

Hound run last night LFM says Hound run. We fill and I do my typical is anyone not familiar with the quest? No problem if you're not just say so so I can narrate other wise we're just going to run and I'm going to drink my cocktail instead of narrating. Nobody says anything. So I start drinking and killing.

I go down and kill the living spells while everyone is loading in. Spells killed and people loaded and they start heading down the sub to the quest. I ask if anyone isn't in the sub and no response. We get to the first Beholder and again I ask is anyone not in the sub yet. This time I see a yes in party chat. OK where are you I'll recall and come get you. "I'm at the entrance I don't see you guys". That's because we're inside clearing our way to the quest. I recall and don't see him inside on the map or outside in the market. Dude where are you? "I'm at the entrance". Where? "In Meridia". Dude thats7's Shroud we're doing Hound. So he drops group because he's not off timer.

So I run back and catch up with the group. I had left one person holding the door just past the Ice Flensers so I could get in w/o fighting Flensers. I get there, dude opens the door, we go thru the portal and catch up. Both portals have been taken down and everyone is shrining when we catch up. Next thing I hear is "where are you guys?"

Face slap! I ask. Dude, did you fall off the ledge. "No I'm not in yet". (are you fing kidding me?). Dude there is no way I can come back and get you at this point without making the whole party wait. "I'll run on my own but it won't let me in". It's not FTP did you buy the quest? "Yes I bought it yesterday and ran it yesterday". DOH!

You have to wait three more days before you can run it again. That's not a big deal that he didn't know that, but after all I had just gone thru. "Is anyone not familiar with the quest?", "is anyone not in yet?", and running back for the first guy. Come on noobs please listen and read LFMs!

Needles to say before we entered the quest I told the group. "I know I asked if everyone knew the quest but that doesn't seem to mean sh!t tonight so F it I'm going to narrate the game plan before we go in". We ended up running it flawless as usual but I was worried after the run out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Hound run last night LFM says Hound run. We fill and I do my typical is anyone not familiar with the quest? No problem if you're not just say so so I can narrate other wise we're just going to run and I'm going to drink my cocktail instead of narrating. Nobody says anything. So I start drinking and killing.

I go down and kill the living spells while everyone is loading in. Spells killed and people loaded and they start heading down the sub to the quest. I ask if anyone isn't in the sub and no response. We get to the first Beholder and again I ask is anyone not in the sub yet. This time I see a yes in party chat. OK where are you I'll recall and come get you. "I'm at the entrance I don't see you guys". That's because we're inside clearing our way to the quest. I recall and don't see him inside on the map or outside in the market. Dude where are you? "I'm at the entrance". Where? "In Meridia". Dude thats7's Shroud we're doing Hound. So he drops group because he's not off timer.

So I run back and catch up with the group. I had left one person holding the door just past the Ice Flensers so I could get in w/o fighting Flensers. I get there, dude opens the door, we go thru the portal and catch up. Both portals have been taken down and everyone is shrining when we catch up. Next thing I hear is "where are you guys?"

Face slap! I ask. Dude, did you fall off the ledge. "No I'm not in yet". (are you fing kidding me?). Dude there is no way I can come back and get you at this point without making the whole party wait. "I'll run on my own but it won't let me in". It's not FTP did you buy the quest? "Yes I bought it yesterday and ran it yesterday". DOH!

You have to wait three more days before you can run it again. That's not a big deal that he didn't know that, but after all I had just gone thru. "Is anyone not familiar with the quest?", "is anyone not in yet?", and running back for the first guy. Come on noobs please listen and read LFMs!

Needles to say before we entered the quest I told the group. "I know I asked if everyone knew the quest but that doesn't seem to mean sh!t tonight so F it I'm going to narrate the game plan before we go in". We ended up running it flawless as usual but I was worried after the run out there.
    When it comes to Hounds and VODs I make myself perfectly clear. "I only make the run to the entrance once, if you're not at the entrance when we're at the entrance, we're shortmanning without you."
    Want to remain guildless or solo, but still want to take advantage of the guild renown system?
    Solo / Guildless / No Pressure / The Guildless Guild on Argonnessen

Dunno if this character is a noob..... but:

On Orien, there's a barb I recently ran with.

He has no heavy fort, feather fall, or stat item higher than +2. He doesn't beleive in clickies or pots or having various pieces of gear to switch in and out. His belief is if it's a castable spell then he shouldn't need a clickie... the caster should cast it on him. He did later admit that he carries a few cure light pots "when the going gets tough"

I think (don't remember) if he's never used a tomb to increase his stats.

He has no BB because his holy great axe of pure good is good enough to get through Sulu's DR (metaline is for suckers, I guess), he thinks vorpals are cheating (or something like that) but has plans to make 4 GS axes and 4 GS wearable items.

Here's the best part: the only time he rages, frenzies, or DFrenzies is when he's close to dying.... for the sole purpose of the hp boost. But even then, he likes the clerics to top him up so he doesn't rage-die.

He's human. He didn't take 18 strength because he wanted to balance out other stats.... and he's level 19.

I s^^t you not, and swear on a stack of bibles (or holy texts of your choice) and on my soon to be 6 month old daughters life.

In the VoD run that I met him on, he died 8 times in the span of 2 minutes, sucked the mana out of a FVS and a cleric during a VoD run because he INSISTED on tanking, and running around in the open (instead of runing into the corner once he got agro)
    When finally the healers got smart and let him die so he didn't suck out anymore mana, he couldn't understand why the healers weren't resing him. Finally they did, and both healers recalled out.... as did the rest of the party. He didn't understand why the run didn't go so well.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    oh dear... this was back 3 pages... come on Khyber!

i have a new self-noob moment to add.

doing a TOD on a barb i dont' play as much these days. it was part 1 and one of our healers had died and i was trying to take care of my curses mindful that at least 2 other players in there didn't appear to have guild pots. it kept not working - and the truly awesome Fvs (she is *really* good) kept noticing when i backed out and assisting even though that was a fairly stressful part 1.

part 3 and these curse pots *still* dont' appear to be working. we had 3 people die in part 3 (a rogue with 210hp??? 75% fort? and the other player wasn't doing their own curses fast enough again died 2x) so another stressful part 3.it was all funny and fun though

it wasn't until the end over the chests when i again started to whinge about these stuipd curse guild curse pots... and linked the 75 of them in party chat ... er... um...

i have a new appreciation now that the animation for disease removal is different from curse removal for a reason...

(gave awesome Fvs 7 sp pots...)
    I've died on a couple occasions in VoD due to hitting 0 (cure serious pot) instead of 9 (remove curse pots) on the keyboard. The probably isn't that I just do it once and realize my error, it's that I keep hitting it wondering why the curse won't go away.

A new player joins the guild, and within 5 minutes the shared chest in the airship is looted of everything, he was asked why did you take all the stuff in the chest? "oh i didnt know i hit loot all". He also said he thought it was a normal chest like a dungeon chest. So what quest instance did he think he was in? the "Loot everything you can from the guild quest? Also 1 minute into being accepted he was begging to be made an officer as well. Apparently he wanted a shot at that chest as well.

Community Member

Default So I was running with someone

When I started having really bad lag. I mean really bad, like creatures freezing in place and all that. So I said "I'm sorry, I seem to have really bad lag, I have to log off."

And then the other person said "np I can do everything."

Yes, and I REALLY like watching a static screen for like ten minutes (and that's assuming I don't die from a creature that wasn't there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post

He has no heavy fort, feather fall, or stat item higher than +2. He doesn't beleive in clickies or pots or having various pieces of gear to switch in and out. His belief is if it's a castable spell then he shouldn't need a clickie... the caster should cast it on him. He did later admit that he carries a few cure light pots "when the going gets tough"

He has no BB because his holy great axe of pure good is good enough to get through Sulu's DR (metaline is for suckers, I guess), he thinks vorpals are cheating (or something like that) but has plans to make 4 GS axes and 4 GS wearable items.

Here's the best part: the only time he rages, frenzies, or DFrenzies is when he's close to dying.... for the sole purpose of the hp boost. But even then, he likes the clerics to top him up so he doesn't rage-die.

He's human. He didn't take 18 strength because he wanted to balance out other stats.... and he's level 19.

I s^^t you not, and swear on a stack of bibles (or holy texts of your choice) and on my soon to be 6 month old daughters life.

In the VoD run that I met him on, he died 8 times in the span of 2 minutes, sucked the mana out of a FVS and a cleric during a VoD run because he INSISTED on tanking, and running around in the open (instead of runing into the corner once he got agro)
    When finally the healers got smart and let him die so he didn't suck out anymore mana, he couldn't understand why the healers weren't resing him. Finally they did, and both healers recalled out.... as did the rest of the party. He didn't understand why the run didn't go so well.
    Orien for you..

want me to explain why it is so nooby?

When you start ddo the first world it sends you to is Orien unless you uncheck the box.

so all noobs go there. the noobiest noobs of them all.

the ones that can read go to diff servers.

atleast i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    "That's cause you're a noob..."

2016 DDO Players Council Hobgoblin's Avatar

ok self noob moment here.

my guild got me flagged (mainly, because they were tired of pugging a kiter in part 2 ) i do a couple of runs with another caster, learning how to do it. next run, they tell me to do the kiting. So i run up the steps, lay a firewall down and run down to start the run. well you know and i was told this several times, you dont run up the steps, you cast the wall from a distance and run like hell!!

on a related note, i was running it for the second time. it was going well, when a rogue (in his words, got bored) cast grease right in front of me. Luckily we had a fvs with a decent blade barrier who jumped down and kited them around. (the rogues stone was left in that room.)

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    A new player joins the guild, and within 5 minutes the shared chest in the airship is looted of everything, he was asked why did you take all the stuff in the chest? "oh i didnt know i hit loot all". He also said he thought it was a normal chest like a dungeon chest. So what quest instance did he think he was in? the "Loot everything you can from the guild quest? Also 1 minute into being accepted he was begging to be made an officer as well. Apparently he wanted a shot at that chest as well.
    That is not a noob, but a greedy griefer. Players like that join guilds to loot all, and if made an officer will kick out all non-officers asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post

Seems like a little kid-the balance of stats and wanting to be in the spot light a.k.a tanking. Ouch for the experience.

Moment of the week:

2 Guildies and I, all TRs decide to throw a Tempest.

we add 7 more pugs, everything was going well til one of the pugs picked up one of the runes, and after saying 11 times over voice, and 17 times typed in party chat that the rune better show up or we would drop the quest since it was impossible to finish it.

One Barbarian says... oh look I have it in my inventory.

I'm glad my self-control is good enough that I didn't yell at them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWarlock View Post
    Moment of the week:

2 Guildies and I, all TRs decide to throw a Tempest.

we add 7 more pugs, everything was going well til one of the pugs picked up one of the runes, and after saying 11 times over voice, and 17 times typed in party chat that the rune better show up or we would drop the quest since it was impossible to finish it.

One Barbarian says... oh look I have it in my inventory.

I'm glad my self-control is good enough that I didn't yell at them.
    Don't the runes respawn after 5 minutes now. Not ideal but better than a total fail...
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Second-hand, I didn't see this but heard about it.

Player: I'm here to kick gum and chew ass...

/facepalm
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Was asking about which feats to take as a Sorc, and I was told that I shouldn't wait til lvl 18 for Heighten, but rather take it at lvl 1, because it is one of the most useful Metas I could take...
    Member of Ron's Character Planner team.
    Found a missing, outdated or better graphic on the planner, let me know here.

Was told authoritatively (while playing a Halfling Rogue) that Halflings could NEVER possibly compete in the DPS department because of their inherent strength penalty at creation. The person saying this was a fledgling WF Barbarian.

To my great shame, I did not beat him on kill count on the quest (waterworks), but I was only 3 away. I was probably distracted because of my laughter.
    "These fauchards have gone too far!"
    Hi Welcome

My GL and I went twice to where the rune should have popped, it wasn't which I found to be peculiar, since it SHOULD have spawned. Maybe the barbarian was camping the rune and taking it, lol.

slurred drunken speech part 1 of shroud few nights ago:

"Mannnnn......
    I wish..... *hick* .....
    I could carry a D.E. ....*Hick*... 50cal when I wuzz on duty.....

*hick*...."

To Protect and Serve!
    (read intimidate and maim)
    rofl

OOPS!~ Oh hi Boddingtons!
    Last edited by Slink; 10-04-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unscythe View Post
    That is not a noob, but a greedy griefer. Players like that join guilds to loot all, and if made an officer will kick out all non-officers asap.
    Yeah but his excuses where pretty noob, couldnt he at least come up with something better than that? And after being snapped still asking to be made an officer? Someone was stupid enough to let him in, doubt they would of been stupid enough to promote him right after he looted the chest. What he should of done was been patient, built up some trust, then if he was promoted kick all the non officers, loot the officer chest and the general chest all in one fell swoop.

Have to admit it was pretty bad screening on the part of the officer that passed him for joining the guild.

Self Noob moment.

Hit an LFM for Vod asked where they were. Said at entrance waiting. No prob say I and forge thru the sub. Found some monsters- renders and thought hey they didnt kill everything, leader says hey where ru??? Must be respawns i say.... He goes ahhh yep you right?? Yep no prob. Then *ding* *** disintergrate from a beholder. Leader says where ru I say at the first beholder... OOpppps FFS it was VOD hey not hound... Sry BRB. Rez out grab my heal scrolls unequiping my exc con+2 GA and *ding* in Meridia......

/FACEPALM followed by much laughter by all and many appologies by me.

Thankfully the raid leader let me stay and made it too VOD np. But hey it happens to all LOL.

Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast