Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2496

New wizard in market chat - "Where do I get an omnispell duck"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalatai View Post

Edit: Should I black out the names even though 2 of the 3 others in party have already posted above concerning it? Just to be safe, anyway..

Edit2: Blacked out the innocent...
    That's pretty awesome. Kind of inspiring.

It's like having a realism in the game. You get hit by one slash. Dead. One Arrow. Dead.

It'd be cool to have a regular group with the same low HP and dungeon crawl with suspense and caution.

Hey, at least you wouldn't need to PUG a healer.

The only major drawback - aside from the obvious - would be the horrendous fort saves... and the helplessness from low CON. But I suppose they can be avoided.

Community Member

HA! Tell him to look for bread crumbs in the Subterrane and then go find the Bard named Donald in the Marketplace and he will trade the bread crumbs for omnispell ducks.

Community Member

Default I don't have fire resist but I'm a ranger.

Shroud run level 20 pure ranger. I'm giving directions for part 5 since leader has no mic and asked for someone to handle giving directions. We have one ranger in the party. I ask him if he can pass out fire resist when we respawn. He says I don't have resist I only have protect.

Can you please explain what spell he decided to take over resist energy that would be more important. Nothing irks me more. Dude you're in a raid. It costs you 10 sp and casters/healers 15 to cast resist. You're not using your sp for anything else in a Shroud run except maybe jump in part one. Load freaking resist energy!
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Shroud run level 20 pure ranger. I'm giving directions for part 5 since leader has no mic and asked for someone to handle giving directions. We have one ranger in the party. I ask him if he can pass out fire resist when we respawn. He says I don't have resist I only have protect.

Can you please explain what spell he decided to take over resist energy that would be more important. Nothing irks me more. Dude you're in a raid. It costs you 10 sp and casters/healers 15 to cast resist. You're not using your sp for anything else in a Shroud run except maybe jump in part one. Load freaking resist energy!
    haha, good to see some things never change eric. i bet they did cast camo tho......

almost 3 years on this thread, good to see its still entertaining.
    Badlass 25 WC hum, Dysfunctiona 25 Wiz hum....
    Badlazz 24 SS hum(3tr), Gezer 20 Sorc drow, Slyfoxx 13 rog/6 ran/1 ftr, Ohwell 15 WC/3 rog/2 ftr, Badlassie 14 bard/6 ran, XnonameX 14 WC/4 rog/2 ftr, xpetex/xrepetex 20 arty, others....... BfaG

Community Member

Level 20 rogue with 2 (I think) epic levels, and running epic content. Unable to scroll GH (and by extension Heal, etc). Excuse was that he only had a 10 CHA.

C'mon, UMD is a class skill - my dumped CHA dwarf ranger with one level of rogue and no exceptional CHA skill greensteel item is at something like 70% on those scrolls.

normal running with devils,wf sorc with no fort items keeps running ahead and dying.

i ask "hey whats your fort?"
    long silence "im wf its 100%"
    ok.....

few more deaths

i ask "hey maybe you shouldnt run ahead you keep dying"

he says "shut up"

then he adds "i have the most kills you should thank me for carrying you"

at this point i see that im wasting my time i thank everyone for the runs and excuse myself.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jydog100 View Post
    haha, good to see some things never change eric. i bet they did cast camo tho......

almost 3 years on this thread, good to see its still entertaining.
    Camo? Who needs that. Longstriders and merfolks blessing is the way to go! Shoot em with the bow then run find some water to outswim the group with..

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Camo? Who needs that. Longstriders and merfolks blessing is the way to go! Shoot em with the bow then run find some water to outswim the group with..
    I like your thinking there.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Community Member

Default Here's a noob's stupid move of the week

In Death Undone on EE. Get to the first room with the calderun where the chest and the two cats are. Noob is in charge of blowing up the caldruns and knows to wait until everyone gets their loot. One person pulls a +4 int tome and says. "I pulled a +4 int tome". It looks like everyone looted as he said he got a +4 int tome. Instead he was leaving it there for a second so people could see it in the chest. Noob blows up the caldrun and chest explodes with the +4 tome in it.

Stupid freaking noob. The worst part. I was stone cold sober when I did it too. Hadn't had a beer in two weeks.

Community Member

Default haha

I've seen several vets blow it up on ee as well....after spending the time to kill the panthers!!!

In Death Undone on EE. Get to the first room with the calderun where the chest and the two cats are. Noob is in charge of blowing up the caldruns and knows to wait until everyone gets their loot. One person pulls a +4 int tome and says. "I pulled a +4 int tome". It looks like everyone looted as he said he got a +4 int tome. Instead he was leaving it there for a second so people could see it in the chest. Noob blows up the caldrun and chest explodes with the +4 tome in it.

Stupid freaking noob. The worst part. I was stone cold sober when I did it too. Hadn't had a beer in two weeks.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default Ya but I knew better

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    I've seen several vets blow it up on ee as well....after spending the time to kill the panthers!!!
    I was just in a hurry because were up against the server downtime clock. I thought I saw everyone had grabbed there loot and set the charge.

Noob blows up the caldrun and chest explodes with the +4 tome in it.

This is sad, especially the no-beer part.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Community Member

Default Almost there Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by NancyD View Post
    This is sad, especially the no-beer part.
    Its not a long term thing (2 weeks so far). I'm just looking to get back under the 10% body fat mark. The holidays got me a bit. I got stuck at the 200 lb mark. For a bit so I had to go a little drastic to break the platue I hit 197 today so 5-7 more pounds and I'll be cracking a nice Stone IPA. .
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-18-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Had to post this because (although it was a little creepy at the time) it makes me laugh now. I posted up for an elite tear the other day. I was in a group with four guildies, and we had all of the runes covered. We just kind of opened the last couple spots because it was going to be a fast, easy completion anyway, and why not meet some new people?

One of the people who joined must've thought my voice resembled someone that they knew cause they kept saying in party, "Hey, are you******?". I replied no, and went on about my business. "Hey, are you ******?". After asking six times, his guildy (a random person NOT in the quest with us sends me a tell, "hey, are *******?". Ok, I'm ignoring you.

A few minutes later he types in party, "Hey, what's your bra size?". After about six of the same question in party chat and a couple tells, he then says, "Hey Pealea, can you laugh for me?". The person who they were asking me about is on a different server and the toon has been archived. Now I'm all down for awkwardness and dirty jokes, but somebody please tell these jokers how to do it and NOT seem creepy as hell.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    Had to post this because (although it was a little creepy at the time) it makes me laugh now. I posted up for an elite tear the other day. I was in a group with four guildies, and we had all of the runes covered. We just kind of opened the last couple spots because it was going to be a fast, easy completion anyway, and why not meet some new people?

One of the people who joined must've thought my voice resembled someone that they knew cause they kept saying in party, "Hey, are you******?". I replied no, and went on about my business. "Hey, are you ******?". After asking six times, his guildy (a random person NOT in the quest with us sends me a tell, "hey, are *******?". Ok, I'm ignoring you.

A few minutes later he types in party, "Hey, what's your bra size?". After about six of the same question in party chat and a couple tells, he then says, "Hey Pealea, can you laugh for me?". The person who they were asking me about is on a different server and the toon has been archived. Now I'm all down for awkwardness and dirty jokes, but somebody please tell these jokers how to do it and NOT seem creepy as hell.
    Eww. Icky icky icky. I just get sexy accent comments, but they are pretty easy to squash. What's your bra size? Really? Really? le sigh....
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

/Cringe
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Default Hmmm

I'd say that's beyond stupid remark and qualifies as just being a flat out tool. It amazes me sometimes on here. Some guys get all mesmerized if the hear a woman's voice on here. It's as if they've never spoke with one before. The exception being their mom or sister. It almost seems like since they don't have to look the woman in the eye so they can talk to them. Yet if it were in the real world they'd just stay in the corner and stare. A woman on here doesn't want to sound rude so she's kind of obligated to answer or at least be polite which sucks for the woman. It's probably also why they feel they can make comments like the bra comment. You know they'd still be in the corner before they'd ask that question.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.

I'd say that's beyond stupid remark and qualifies as just being a flat out tool. It amazes me sometimes on here. Some guys get all mesmerized if the hear a woman's voice on here. It's as if they've never spoke with one before. The exception being their mom or sister. It almost seems like since they don't have to look the woman in the eye so they can talk to them. Yet if it were in the real world they'd just stay in the corner and stare. The woman on here doesn't want to sound rude so she's kind of obligated to answer which sucks for the woman. It's probably also why they feel they can make comments like the bra comment. You know they'd still be in the corner before they'd ask that question.
    From experience I think I can tell y'all right now that guys like these aren't going to be standing in the corner {They're too busy trying it on with every girl in the club/at the party}.

Those of us who did spend our time standing in the corner {Yes I'll say right now that I'm taking what you just said as a personal insult} would never even consider talking to anyone in game like this!

Community Member

Default Asdf

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    From experience I think I can tell y'all right now that guys like these aren't going to be standing in the corner {They're too busy trying it on with every girl in the club/at the party}.

Those of us who did spend our time standing in the corner {Yes I'll say right now that I'm taking what you just said as a personal insult} would never even consider talking to anyone in game like this!
    I'll take difference with you on this.

I'm by far not one of those stand in the corner guys. Nor are my buddies. One thing can be certain is we don't get all giddy in the presence of a woman in game or in the real world. In game me and the few buddies I have from the real world that play, treat the women on here exactly as we treat the dude's on here. I do mean exactly. They get their ball sbusted just like the guys do. They're just one of the gang helping us complete a quest.

I can assure you that I've ran with most of the women that have made more one or two posts in this thread. Zigana, Nancy, Gawna, Wild, Terebinthia, Bluewater, to name a few. I guarantee you every one of them will tell you that me, or my friends, have never made a stupid comment like that. EVER! Even on the drunken raid runs where we ALL get obnoxious even the women. We may make a comment that is gender realted, and them at us as well, but always in gest and in the proper manner for the time and subject to where one wouldn't take offense.

Why? Because being in the presence of a woman is no biggie, we've been there and done that.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125 LastLast