Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2496
    Community Member

Default Stormreaver in SOS is immune to cold.

Did some SOS runs today. We get to the final fight and I lay down a firewall on Sorjak. Next thing I know it's gone. So I lay down another and it's goes away again. So I move in closer to see what's causing it, and guess what? Dude is throwing down ice storm (dude being the other wizzy). He's never ran the quest before so I don't say anything. I cast scorching ray instead. I figure I'll give him a munute and he'll notice his ice storm isn't working.

Time passes and he still doesn't figure it out. So I tell him over mic that he's immune to cold so pick a different spell. Then I lay down another firewall. What does he do? He drops another ice storm. So I assume he doesn't hear me so I type it in chat. Then I throw down another firewall. Once again he throws an ice storm. Now I'm getting irritated and tell him to stop throwing ice storm it's putting out my firewall. He replies "I don't have any fire spells cold is all I have and I'm getting some yellow damage from the blunt for 20 points.

I'm like dude I'm fire specced and hitting him for about 200-400 a tick when you're not putting out my firewall with your ice storm. He still refuses to stop casting ice storm so I have to resort to scorching raying Sorjak to death. Meanwhile. Five mana pots later. Sorjak finally drops, when usually I use no pots in there if I solo it on that toon.

But wait it gets better. So we finish and I put up another LFM for the next SOS run 5 minutes later. Only one person joins and it's another wizzy. We get to Sorjak and again I put down a firewall. Guess what? You guessed it. Down come the ice chunks and they put out my firewall. This ti,e I'm not gonna wait to say something. I go dude he's immune to cold. This guy goes. "Ya I just noticed that. I'll just take care of the mephits and throw magic missle on Sorjak and you can just burn him down since you're specced for it.

That my friends is a classic example of a NOOB and a NEWB. Man Newbs are so much better to play with than noobs.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Stuff
    In that kind of a situation, I say, " If you can't beat em, join em."
    Whip out the cyclonic blast and grief the griefer.

Did some SOS runs today. We get to the final fight and I lay down a firewall on Sorjak. Next thing I know it's gone. So I lay down another and it's goes away again. So I move in closer to see what's causing it, and guess what? Dude is throwing down ice storm (dude being the other wizzy). He's never ran the quest before so I don't say anything. I cast scorching ray instead. I figure I'll give him a munute and he'll notice his ice storm isn't working.

Time passes and he still doesn't figure it out. So I tell him over mic that he's immune to cold so pick a different spell. Then I lay down another firewall. What does he do? He drops another ice storm. So I assume he doesn't hear me so I type it in chat. Then I throw down another firewall. Once again he throws an ice storm. Now I'm getting irritated and tell him to stop throwing ice storm it's putting out my firewall. He replies "I don't have any fire spells cold is all I have and I'm getting some yellow damage from the blunt for 20 points.

I'm like dude I'm fire specced and hitting him for about 200-400 a tick when you're not putting out my firewall with your ice storm. He still refuses to stop casting ice storm so I have to resort to scorching raying Sorjak to death. Meanwhile. Five mana pots later. Sorjak finally drops, when usually I use no pots in there if I solo it on that toon.

But wait it gets better. So we finish and I put up another LFM for the next SOS run 5 minutes later. Only one person joins and it's another wizzy. We get to Sorjak and again I put down a firewall. Guess what? You guessed it. Down come the ice chunks and they put out my firewall. This ti,e I'm not gonna wait to say something. I go dude he's immune to cold. This guy goes. "Ya I just noticed that. I'll just take care of the mephits and throw magic missle on Sorjak and you can just burn him down since you're specced for it.

That my friends is a classic example of a NOOB and a NEWB. Man Newbs are so much better to play with than noobs.
    You've been helping us newbs out for a long time now. It was always appreciated.
    Andurhar, Glendarn, Lazurel, Delrak, Gearzgrindin, Wildemage, Fallric, Galankin, Hagglass, Tatiyania, Rildel, Noradin, Valagrim, Heyhay, Wildesorc, Jarvel. ----The Bonefiddlers----

Community Member

Hnnng...

Did that once with a melee specced druid. They refused to back off when the cold shield came up. They refused to hit them self with cold resist (that's on the druid list, right? :? )

Hireling healer was drained of SP faster than you can say "Huh, this guy is dying slower than the hireling is running out of SP". That was a fun fight.

Community Member

Noob - "What's a noob?"

Me - "How am I suposed to know?"

This one happened a couple lives ago, but I still giggle when I think about it. I'm a TR who will put at pretty much any level. I've met a bunch of really fun people that way, and conversation is usually more fun then solo farming. I put up a group farming kobolds new ring leader on hard. I grab the xp buff and jump in. Before the first run is over, I have a few people join. One person steps in, sees me finish the quest and gets upset because I finished it without him. I explain that since this is a farm, we'll be running it over and over again, that he shouldn't despair, and that I'll show him all of the tricks when we step in together on the next run. We leave the quest, pick it back up, and come back in.

Player x: "You're level 3. When I was level 3 last life, I could run level 5 quests on elite. You must be pretty gimpy because you can only run level 2s on hard."
    Me: "Well actually multi-life TRs tend to use certain strategies to make sure that we're getting as much experience as possible out of every level of the game."--cut to the end of my 5 minute explanation of game mechanics and experience in ddo--
    Player x: "oh yeah, I know how to best get xp in this game. I got this toon up to 20 in just two months on his last life."
    Me: "congrats man. What life are you on now?"
    Player x: "second. Only toon on here so far"
    Me: "You don't have much more time to use that stone of xp. Are you trying to get to level 8 quick to make the xp jump count more?"
    Player x: "I used the stone on my first life"
    --I probably shouldn't have asked this question, but I was trying to avoid a long awkward pause and it was the only thing I could come up with--
    Me: "So how do you know so much about TR xp? Did you read the forums?"
    Player x: "I don't know a lot. I just know more than you."
    Me: "Um why?"
    Player x: "cause you're a woman"

I wish I could say he was kidding. Sadly, he wasn't. Or at least he said he wasn't. It still makes me giggle, though. For a while after that, every time I made a silly Noobish mistake, it was cause I'm a woman.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    This one happened a couple lives ago, but I still giggle when I think about it. I'm a TR who will put at pretty much any level. I've met a bunch of really fun people that way, and conversation is usually more fun then solo farming. I put up a group farming kobolds new ring leader on hard. I grab the xp buff and jump in. Before the first run is over, I have a few people join. One person steps in, sees me finish the quest and gets upset because I finished it without him. I explain that since this is a farm, we'll be running it over and over again, that he shouldn't despair, and that I'll show him all of the tricks when we step in together on the next run. We leave the quest, pick it back up, and come back in.

Player x: "You're level 3. When I was level 3 last life, I could run level 5 quests on elite. You must be pretty gimpy because you can only run level 2s on hard."
    Me: "Well actually multi-life TRs tend to use certain strategies to make sure that we're getting as much experience as possible out of every level of the game."--cut to the end of my 5 minute explanation of game mechanics and experience in ddo--
    Player x: "oh yeah, I know how to best get xp in this game. I got this toon up to 20 in just two months on his last life."
    Me: "You don't have much more time to use that stone of xp. Are you trying to get to level 8 quick to make the xp jump count more?"
    --I probably shouldn't have asked this question, but I was trying to avoid a long awkward pause and it was the only thing I could come up with--

I wish I could say he was kidding. Sadly, he wasn't. Or at least he said he wasn't. It still makes me giggle, though. For a while after that, every time I made a silly Noobish mistake, it was cause I'm a woman.
    *sighs and shakes his head*

It's alright dear, we don't expect you to underst-

*flees, shot*

*snip*
    So he's a noob not just in the game, but in real life too.

Women are superior in every way to men.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

[QUOTE=wildbynature;

I wish I could say he was kidding. Sadly, he wasn't. Or at least he said he wasn't. It still makes me giggle, though. For a while after that, every time I made a silly Noobish mistake, it was cause I'm a woman.[/QUOTE]

so sad. so pathetic. some of the smartest people i know are women.

maybe he is republican ?

LOL

-darth
    Its not who i am that matters, its what i do that defines me.
    Recklass /Darthforth /Diverga/Donatianus/Verkonan/+

Community Member

Default Come on man!

Don't you know wimenz aint supposed to play DDO. Wiminz is supposed to be in the kitchen making chiken pot pies. Now get in the kitchen and get to work.

FYI for those that failed their sarcasm roll this was sarcasm. If I didn't type that some tool out there WILL NOT get it and cry to the mods or neg rep me.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 11-11-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Don't you know wimenz aint supposed to play DDO. Wiminz is supposed to be in the kitchen making chiken pot pies. Now get in the kitchen and get to work.

FYI for those that failed their sarcasm roll this was sarcasm. If I didn't type that some tool out there WILL NOT get it and cry to the mods.
    Nah, just lots and lots of hamburger. While singing Henry the 8th. Get it right, Eric!
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zigana View Post
    Nah, just lots and lots of hamburger. While singing Henry the 8th. Get it right, Eric!
    Yes Char you have a point.

Community Member

Default Lol

Go figure someone still neg repped it. I'm going to assume that I'll be seeing an infraction at the end of the weekend.

Man people kill me.

Community Member

I think the greater question is, if you two are around, why am I logging off DDO out of boredom because there's no good groups?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    I think the greater question is, if you two are around, why am I logging off DDO out of boredom because there's no good groups?
    I'm seriously burned out right now, taking a break for a bit. Unless there's a drunken raid scheduled, which is why I keep checking in here :P
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Community Member

Default asdf

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Actually The Beergirl and I have been on we're just running Eaveningstar together w/o a group for the newness. We've been TRing for so long we haven't hit the area and didn't wan't any spoilers. So far it has been a blast.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 11-11-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Community Member

Default OK Char

I'm seriously burned out right now, taking a break for a bit. Unless there's a drunken raid scheduled, which is why I keep checking in here :P
    Here's the scoop. Saturday is my Bday. So I'm trying to figure out what I feel like doing. My first thought is party with my friends but most have something going on. So I need to see if The Beergirl has something planned as she is working. I know at the very least she will want to have dinner together. So if a later drunken Raid runs works I might be dowbn for that if we get a group that's up for it. She gets home when we usually starts so I'd need an extra hour at least.

If we have enough up for it, and nothing's going on. I'm down for it, but I'm not going to blow of getting laid on my Bday for you tools. If we don't have a full crew and a plan on what we're doing.

Community Member

Never going to get you LoB flagged like that I've even got a toon who needs it now

but I'm not going to blow of getting laid on my Bday for you tools
    We could always come up with a compromise?

Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast