Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default LOL Boldrin

Quote Originally Posted by boldrin View Post
    you Are A Far Better Man Than I. I Could Not Have Tolerated That, Lol. I'd Have Snapped And Re-quit Ddo.
    +1. Bah gotta spread more dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    You gotta love that.
    Thank you for amusing me at work. I almost LOL'ed and I'm sure I woulda got some looks for that.

On a serious note, you'd think after 7 months of Mod9, people would begin to get a clue about play skills, one of which is listening.

You talking about what they did in the Fire room/Ice room reminds me of Taming the Flames elite run (read = Noob destroying quest). I was on one of my Rogues I think. I told them, "Do not go in this room, I will get the key and come out in just a minute.". So I quaff a Fire Prot pot, Jump pot, ensure Trapblasts were on, and run in, pop chest, grab key, then run like a stripe-__ ape outta there, emerging pretty much unscathed.

<ding> party member xxxx has died.
    <ding> party member yyyy has died.
    <ding> party member zzzz has died.
    <ding> party member 1111 has died.

I kept my mouth shut, but I was thinking, *** people? What part of 'do not go into this room' did they not understand? (natural curiousity is one thing, but save that for casual and normal folks!!). I mean, I didn't say anything, I just got what stones I could, like the nice guy Rydin_Dirtay is.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Ok, I can think of a couple classic moment that qualify for this post....

Running VoN 5&6 a couple of monthes ago. Seems most of the party did not know the quests so I helped walk them through it. We get through 5 without too much trouble and everyone is excited about 6. We get to 6 and prep and take down the pillars like a group of veterans who have done the quest multiple times. As soon as the door drops I start telling them to stay put....when I hear a whistling sound and THE DOOR APPEARS AGAIN LOCKING EVERYONE OUT!!! Seems someone go excited seeing the dragon and decided to toss a dagger at it.

Second noob moment was a Deleras run a couple of days ago. I join group and ask what we are running it on. Leader says we are doing all quests on hard and then again on elite. He then goes on to say that the first runs will be speed runs and second will be optionals. NP. We zone in and a ranger and my fighter start going in to kill things. We have the first room done and started the first lever room when the leader chimed in.(Leader was still at entrance)
    Leader: Ranger, what are you doing so far ahead? You have to slow down so we can stay together.
    Ranger: You said this was a speed run so I am killing things.
    Leader: No I didn't! You need to read my LFM so you know what to do.
    Ranger: Ok, but you LFM said first was speed.
    Leader: I hate zergers. When we get done I am kicking you from group.
    Ranger: I'll save you the trouble. (zones and drops group)
    Me: Umm..I thought you wanted this to be a speed run. Thats what your post said.
    Leader: (to rest of party) Let's recall so we can reform.
    Me: Don't bother. (zoned and dropped then invited ranger to group)

After that we 2 manned Deleras as a speed run. By the time we finished part 3 the leader from the last group was still standing out front of part 1 with an LFM up saying speed run. LOL
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Community Member

I had a party wipe on p2 of the Baudry chain :/

Me: guyz break the boxes!

party member: omfg I'm low on health healz!!!

Me: omg I fell off the ladder and died!!! CAn ne of u res????

party member: *** we down to 30 seconds left!!!

Me: hurry break boxes!!!

party member: we all dead we can't

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    impossible. dont troll.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post

LOL

You just turned your "noob's stupid remark of the week" into THE Noob's Stupid Remark of the Week!
    Well done!

Start another thread about how DDO needs to be more like WoW.

And I'm still waiting for you to link the "study" that you keep quoting. I'm sure I'll be waiting a while.

@Temko: He'd been trolling for quite a while now.

Meanwhile the bard keeps locking himself in the shrine damanding someone stay there with him to help guard the shrine. He types this at least 20 times. We keep asking why we he just keeps asking for help guarding the shrine. Finally he says we need it guarded so no mobs can get in there. I tell him there are no more mobs. I whiped out everything except the fire and ice sides there are none left in that area.

This is my new in game catch phrase...sort of a reverse Leeroy Jenkins.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

so, i enjoy helpings noobs out in korthos. dont know why, i guess it just gives me time re roll and help others while im a low lvl again.

so, this guy insisted on playing this game like a JRPG by trying to do each quest one by one not doing any of them over.

so, he was in my party with a couple other noobs. and they are all lvl 1, im lvl 1 also. they are like, well we are going to do quests out side.

i said that you guys are gonna die, and that ill be running quests in the village on hard. so after they all die following the other noob. while i said i know about the game and could help them a lot. res into the tavern and all blame me for not doing stopping the sagohan before im even rank2...\

so they die, and as they get back into korthos they get more noobs and die doing the same thing.

another funny thing that happened was this guy who had no quests done was asking me for help...i told him, lets run cannith, ware house, and crypt....he just kept running krpyt over and over i was telling him too lvl up with me doing all of the other quests. sooo, after 3 hours of me lvling up and him repeating cyrpt. he asks me...wanna do other quests now? i told him, im lvl 2, im leaving the gates...

then he apologized for being a noob and begged me for help

Quote Originally Posted by beatles42o View Post
    so, i enjoy helpings noobs out in korthos. dont know why, i guess it just gives me time re roll and help others while im a low lvl again.

so, this guy insisted on playing this game like a JRPG by trying to do each quest one by one not doing any of them over.

so, he was in my party with a couple other noobs. and they are all lvl 1, im lvl 1 also. they are like, well we are going to do quests out side.

i said that you guys are gonna die, and that ill be running quests in the village on hard. so after they all die following the other noob. while i said i know about the game and could help them a lot. res into the tavern and all blame me for not doing stopping the sagohan before im even rank2...\

so they die, and as they get back into korthos they get more noobs and die doing the same thing.

another funny thing that happened was this guy who had no quests done was asking me for help...i told him, lets run cannith, ware house, and crypt....he just kept running krpyt over and over i was telling him too lvl up with me doing all of the other quests. sooo, after 3 hours of me lvling up and him repeating cyrpt. he asks me...wanna do other quests now? i told him, im lvl 2, im leaving the gates...

then he apologized for being a noob and begged me for help
    I am 43, so I need a younger person to let me know if I got this right:

Cool story bro!

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post

Cool story bro!
    I'm inverse you so not that young but I think you did OK but it may still require a second opinion.

But I got one from the other day. I'm running favor in the Harbor and apply to a Kobold Assault LFM since I couldn't open on Elite. I'm standing outside and I get an invite thinking it was the group I applied to I accept. I see a guy enter so I follow without paying attention. I get in and notice the other guy is a Level 2 and we are in on Normal. He proceeds to ask, "Do you have a glowie weapon you can give me?" I apologize for the mistake and explain I was expecting an invite for an elite favor run and since I'm 20 and he's 2 this isn't going to work. He say, "Ok, I can do Elite." Yikes.
    Last edited by Eladiun; 05-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    I'm inverse you so not that young but I think you did OK but it may still require a second opinion.
    My son is 19 and "Cool story bro" is on a list of things I am not allowed to say that he provided for me. Oh Snap, any form of Shizzle, and a bunch of other sayings where provided. I try to sneak them in where he wont catch me saying them.

Cool story bro!
    I am way older than you, but I think it deserves the pic:

...and then, that one time at bandcamp...
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

My son is 19 and "Cool story bro" is on a list of things I am not allowed to say that he provided for me. Oh Snap, any form of Shizzle, and a bunch of other sayings where provided. I try to sneak them in where he wont catch me saying them.
    I think I understand that stuff. Context helps. Working with young people helps.
    But (and I'm not joking here) I have to google stuff EVERY time I go on the forum to figure our what all the "tldr" "Ohforf" stuff means.

I am at this moment literally laughing audibly at the prospect.
    (Man,I wish there was an easier way to express that sentiment )

FVS before starting tower raid:

"3 cure serious wands should be enough, right?"

lol, I just want to hear you say that stuff over the mic YO~!

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    FVS before starting tower raid:

"3 cure serious wands should be enough, right?"

They probably meant 3x50

That was far from boasting. As you said anyone can solo that quest and they don't even have to be a TR to do it, so it was no major accomplishment. Did I get pleasure from my comment to the noob? Yes. Do I get pleasure from the post? No it was an opportunity to vent and laugh at the same.

I'm tired of noobs with no clue or imagination telling me what level I have to be to run a quest. IE. shroud on norm level 18-20. Or how my build won't work when they have no clue what I'm building or the mechanics of the game. If I'm not a straight fighter I cant' be a tank yet their fighter starts with a 10 Con and they claim to be a tank.

So when someone insiuates I'm piker in a group that I'm leading and says I'm going to be worthless says it in group chat. Then yes I'm going to enjoy EDUCATING them at the end of the quest that they don't know sh!t about the game, and that they shouldn't be so closed minded. Just like all the other noobs on here.

As I always say. NEWBS are great to have in the game. They study it and ask questions, they learn and observe. They liten to and use advice given. They are fun to run with and to teach the game to.

NOOBS on the other hand. Are close minded, don't listen, think they know everything, and are a pain in the a$$. They're the ones who insist you have to bring a cleric or you can't finish the quest. Or that a wizzy w/ one level of rogue can join the group looking for a rogue because they think he won't be able to take down the traps.

Thus this was entitled NOOB comment and was about NOOBS, and I have no problem slamming a NOOB.

Just because one is new doesn't mean they have to be a NOOB. They can be a NEWB they have a choice.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Disavowed!

Im a newer player...about 6 months now. I dont know if that still qualifies me as a NEWB or not (lol probably does). One of the biggest hurdles I had to get over was learning that DDO is NOT D&D, well not exactly. (im an old-school rp'er that goes way back to Basic D&D). Now that im over that, hey I might still be a newb, at least for now, but I do try my best to not be a NOOB. Um....mostly, anyway. I got this one female elf char thats a little off her rocker and says silly stuff all the time, but I try to keep that in fun and sort of "in-character", if you will. So maybe thats not quite a noobish thing.

I guess my point is...there seem to be alot of people who can't make the distinction. I get really tired of seeing someone being called a NOOB in chat because theyre asking--and not disrespectfully--about some feat or why these two items doesnt stack or whatever.

I recently left the newbie comfort zone of Paths and with the help of the character planner, started building my first couple custiom chars. I presented a breif outline of a build I had concieved (an ending 14 fighter/6 rogue), that I thought would be really cool cause of the dual PrE's I could snag. LOL then the Veteran players tore it apart. Not in a mean way, mind you. They told me why it wouldnt really work at higher levels, and with their assistance, I came to see the logic in what they were saying. I was a little miffed, but certainly not at them. Just kinda ticked I spent all that time on my "cool build" to find out in the end its not really all that cool.

So anyway, before I ramble further...good to know someone out there doesnt think anyone that hasnt been playing for 2 years is a "noob".

Oh, and as a contribution to the "noob statement of the week", heres something from an argument myself and a couple other players had vs. ......this guy:

Player 1:Why do kukris sell for so much at the auction house? are they valuable for some reason?

Illyandara (my crazy elf-chick): Kukris are the best slashing weapon a straight rogue can use, unless theyre an Elf or spend a feat to learn another one.

Another Player: Kukris are good slash weps for rogs

NOOB: Kukris arent slashing

Me: yes they are

NOOB: NO THEY ARENT!!! im looking at one right now! dont tell me im wrong!

About 10 other people: Kukris ARE indeed slashing weapons.

NOOB:.....oops. that was my dagger.

That may not be verbatim, but its awful close.
    Last edited by Philibusta; 06-03-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Community Member

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Disavowed!

Im a newer player...about 6 months now. I dont know if that still qualifies me as a NEWB or not (lol probably does). One of the biggest hurdles I had to get over was learning that DDO is NOT D&D, well not exactly. (im an old-school rp'er that goes way back to Basic D&D). Now that im over that, hey I might still be a newb, at least for now, but I do try my best to not be a NOOB. Um....mostly, anyway. I got this one female elf char thats a little off her rocker and says silly stuff all the time, but I try to keep that in fun and sort of "in-character", if you will. So maybe thats not quite a noobish thing.

I guess my point is...there seem to be alot of people who can't make the distinction. I get really tired of seeing someone being called a NOOB in chat because theyre asking--and not disrespectfully--about some feat or why these two items doesnt stack or whatever.

I recently left the newbie comfort zone of Paths and with the help of the character planner, started building my first couple custiom chars. I presented a breif outline of a build I had concieved (an ending 14 fighter/6 rogue), that I thought would be really cool cause of the dual PrE's I could snag. LOL then the Veteran players tore it apart. Not in a mean way, mind you. They told me why it wouldnt really work at higher levels, and with their assistance, I came to see the logic in what they were saying. I was a little miffed, but certainly not at them. Just kinda ticked I spent all that time on my "cool build" to find out in the end its not really all that cool.

So anyway, before I ramble further...good to know someone out there doesnt think anyone that hasnt been playing for 2 years is a "noob".

Oh, and as a contribution to the "noob statement of the week", heres something from an argument myself and a couple other players had vs. ......this guy:

Player 1:Why do kukris sell for so much at the auction house? are they valuable for some reason?

Illyandara (my crazy elf-chick): Kukris are the best slashing weapon a straight rogue can use, unless theyre an Elf or spend a feat to learn another one.

Phili

The dagger story was funny. +1

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post

Just on this part, pure rogues don't have profiency with Kukri although they are indeed a good light slashing weapon.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    Just on this part, pure rogues don't have profiency with Kukri although they are indeed a good light slashing weapon.
    LOL Thats double-funny! Guess I was confusing my Finesse ftr/rog for a straight rogue. Ah well, at least I was right about the weapon type.

Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast