Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2496
  1. #2341
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Well, aren't you special. I bet you even have your own little group of friends you rune exclusively with you don't have to associate with the plebs. And this being the case, one wonders why you even bother to comment. All I've demonstrated is that you expect everyone to be able to self heal all the time, because you've apparently* done so and the idea of a ranger wanting a healer is amusing to you for some strange reason.

    But by all means, ignore away. I'm all the richer for it.
    Do you suppose that might be because a ranger can self heal? I know, it's an alien concept. Pushing a button is too hard for some I guess. Guess what, a pally/arti/druid/monk can as well.

    Thanks, I'll continue to ignore lfm's like I described. Though I'm quite sure I don't need your approval to do so. I just run with people either willing to learn or able to play their characters. Especially true while doing TR's on my caster. I don't have the inclination to carry those who are perfectly capable of carrying themselves.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  2. #2342
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Yeah, those paladins and rangers should learn to raid heal. It's pretty simple dood, they're not healing specced. And if we're talking the higher levels, a group can't really rely on a non-healing specced caster.
    Hi,

    Scarlet, no-one said anything about raid healing.

    It's quite possible to take care of yourself, on a ranger, all the way through to high level quests. You don't need to be an elite player to do it either, just playing competently and being prepared.

    There's a lot of fun to be had running in groups that don't babysit. It's good for your game too; if you haven't tried it you should.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  3. #2343
    Community Member Llewndyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,514

    Default They do that on your server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teraz View Post
    or in other words "everyone type /death and I will pick up your stones and run you through the quest, just thank me at the end chest"
    This strategy has gotten me through 6 lives. Seriously.
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

  4. #2344
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Do you suppose that might be because a ranger can self heal? I know, it's an alien concept. Pushing a button is too hard for some I guess. Guess what, a pally/arti/druid/monk can as well.
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?

  5. #2345
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going.
    If your ranger is healing himself for 30hp a cast, that is the problem right there.

  6. #2346
    Community Member Falco_Easts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    Healing amp, wands, UMD all of these things are your friends. Wands are cheaper then pots. Healing amp makes heals hit harder and UMD can let you drop a scroll if you get it high enough.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

    Unguilded of Orien

  7. #2347
    Community Member azrael4h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)
    My Ranger was landing for about 150-200 a Cure Serious, and a little less for Cure Moderate. Healing amp gear is your friend, and you have no excuse for not having any now that it's so easy to get. Devotion is a bit harder to slot, but you can craft 60, which is plenty. Ranger devotion enhancements are easy to get as well, given the lack of worthwhile enhancements a Ranger has. Mine maxed out the FE lines, racial Healing Amp, Racial Toughnesses (5 of them, as I was Half-Elf Barbarian dilettante), and Tempest III, Devotion lines and still had room left over.

    You should wear a SP item to buff, beyond that it's not necessary. You have no short-term buffs and nothing offensive to cast worth speaking of, so you have no excuse for running out of sp buffing. Concordant Opposition item restores more sp than you cast, unless you're a gimp who only gets 30hp off of a Cure Serious. Some may even carry around a Torc, if they've the Luck o' the Irish. I don't even have a character that gets that low with a potion anymore, save maybe my Mule. Who is a Warforged.

    Beyond that, again unless you are a gimp, you have more than enough skill points to max out UMD, which then can be used on Heal Scrolls. 300+ hp scrolls that also remove any status ailment you were too selfish and inconsiderate to bother carrying pots for.

    And yes, the only thing a Divine should ever need to worry about as far as status ailments is curses, and then only in certain (a literal handful of encounters total) cases where curses can come faster than a pot's cooldown. Only bad players refuse to carry pots that handle the basics of disease, poison, and the like. It's a waste of time and divine caster sp to cast those spells.

    I was able to act as tank healer on occasion, with a good tank that actually had healing amp, using cure serious and scrolls alone. I guess running a Cleric and Favored Soul to cap gave me the knowledge to build a Ranger that didn't suck, by knowing how to build a healing Ranger. Which is about the simplest thing in the world to do.

    Rangers and Paladins who cannot heal at need are very badly played. The main advantage of being a Ranger over a Fighter is the self-healing! If you can't self-heal as a Ranger, then you are simply a gimp Fighter.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

    Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

  8. #2348
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    Wow.

    List your toons, please. Since you state that you prefer we avoid you, that would make it much easier.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

  9. #2349
    Hero rdasca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Left of Center
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    30hp a cast? Not bad for a level 6 ranger, I guess. Now if you are level 12 or more you should be healing yourself for at least 60 and on a crit 120+, and of course around level 20 hitting for over 200 is pretty normal so if you are not getting those numbers or close to them, then there is a problem somewhere.

    Like others have said heal amp is your friend, and even a small amount of devotion is very helpful.

    BTW, clicking a cure spell while fighting is not going to drag the fight out all that much so your statment that "any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for" is rather silly, guess what rangers get cure spells for a reason and they kind of are built for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

  10. #2350
    Hero Gawna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pants
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    You just sound like a sparkling ray of sunshine. Any party would be lucky to have you! My old, out-of-date exploiter build can use heal scrolls. Sure, they're not auto-success, but close enough that I'm able to save myself in a pinch. She is one of my most self sufficient characters and was my go-to solo toon before my melee FvS was made.
    Last edited by Gawna; 08-31-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

  11. #2351
    Community Member nolifer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    and its obviously only your problem, u shold ask advice from this guy here, or just see what actually geared and experienced ranger are able to do game is already too easy
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=387434
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386811
    stop whining and get some experience under your skin
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL



  12. #2352
    Community Member Hordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    THIS sure is in the right thread...

    ScarletIncubus, I think that you might be well served by reading my Hordo How-To #4 to be found by clickin the "d" in H.o.r.d.o. in my signature below.
    Last edited by Hordo; 08-31-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

  13. #2353
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    IDK, Assuming my devotion item's not BROKEN because I forgot to unequip/reequip it on login: My tempest can hit CSW for 80-109-ish, 70-90 CMW if I actually remember to hit it instead (because it's more effeicient).

  14. #2354
    Hero Gawna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pants
    Posts
    977

    Default

    I love some good old fashioned Hordo Help!
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

  15. #2355
    Community Member Contrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    I love some good old fashioned Hordo Help!
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Rognac / Oesel / Zaegroenhali / Maloich / Eriaolys / Voidmind / Pastacide / Orangewing / Veraya / Sisutu / Peletis / Lacrimis / Clipped / Somniloquy / Hypnagogic / Othafa

    Khyber / The Hand of the Black Tower

  16. #2356
    Community Member taurean430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    It would behoove you to learn more regarding how to play the classes in this game. Every time you post in here, you further personify that which creates the funny in "Noob's stupid remark of the week." You've clearly demonstrated your ineptitude and bias, and thank you for that.

    When I first started playing I asked a lot of questions and did a lot of reading. I also got a lot of helpful advice. Nowadays I tend to pass that along to people willing to learn. Just as the very same people who helped me continue to do so when I encounter challenges that are new to me. At no point will I make the claim that I know 'everything' because I don't. But I know that the 3 rangers I capped healed themselves. And my pally (3 lives worth), and my barbs, and...

    Some people are just lazy. It's too much trouble to take any kind of care of themselves in game because someone else will do it for me. And some will. Others like myself will laugh at you and try to fill the knowledge gap while doing the quest themselves.

    To clarify further I'm not speaking of my raid healing FvS with his abundance of sp. Nor my hybrid Cleric. I am talking about my Wizard. My Wizard, who in his current FvS incarnation, has 3 Wiz/3 Sorc/1 FvS past lives. He carries and uses Falchions. He's an Evoker hybrid. And is not designed to carry the lazy around on his shoulders. Oh, and he heals people too. And yes I am going to laugh at people running classes with built in self healing who are too lazy to use it and want me to follow them around spamming cures to the exception of having fun. This doesn't make me anything that you say I am. Because unlike you, I actually use all of the abilities I have on those toons.

    Additionally, try using spellcheck sometime.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

  17. #2357
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell. Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal, and somehow call this an improvement over having someone to throw out the odd spell to keep the group going. Not to mention carrying pots for every status ailment under the sun because cure serious wounds != heal. (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP, which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)

    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.

    And taurean430, seriously, ignore me. I don't want to listen to another smug, smarmy conceited response from you. If you're so pro, why don't you just solo everything and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
    The problem with your ranger sits behind the keyboard

  18. #2358
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hey people, just because you have a mike, doesn't mean you have to use it the entire freaking raid/quest.

    No, we don't care about whatever it is you are babbling about unless you are somehow helping. Making excuses on why your lame healer is letting people die just makes us mad. Shut up, pay attention to the game and do your job. Or the one guy who just freaking babbles nonstop, with a rodent in his name that looks like he's a Mrs... ****. You're as bad as the other clown who screams at his cat. No, I don't/won't run with either of you just so I don't have to listen to your nonstop drivel. And yes, we are making fun of you in guild chat - catch a clue.

    I enjoy short quick directions or commands. "Come here" is not either. Use a freaking direction so we don't have to figure out where "here" is. And left and right are not directions. North is a direction, right is conditional on where I am looking at the time.

    And my favorite - in Rainbow. Dude entered late, is complaining in chat about how we left him with no light. So the light bearer Ddoors back to him. Dude is so busy whining he doesn't notice it got lighter, he just stared at a wall and sniveled. And whined. And was snotslinging about how mean we were. And was not paying attention and was left to his own devices.

    In closing, this is not real life. I don't need a running commentary on your accomplishments/family life/imaginary sex life/hemmorhoids, but I would like you to pay attention to what is going on. Okie dokie??

  19. #2359
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    599

    Default Mic

    I have a really bad mike that I have never been able to setup to sound anything but distorted, with a ton of background noise, and just plain nasty. So I try to speak as little as possible because I know its so damn annoying to the party.

    That being said, I hate typing everything, all the time, and is a pain to communicate like that in some circumstances.

    When people like you mentioned and referred to below start going off about this and that unrelated to the raid (or quest) I crank music and state "no ears" in party chat. I don't mind a little real life chat but normally save that for the private tell here and there not in party chat the entire quest time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbmat5656 View Post
    Hey people, just because you have a mike, doesn't mean you have to use it the entire freaking raid/quest.

    No, we don't care about whatever it is you are babbling about unless you are somehow helping. Making excuses on why your lame healer is letting people die just makes us mad. Shut up, pay attention to the game and do your job. Or the one guy who just freaking babbles nonstop, with a rodent in his name that looks like he's a Mrs... ****. You're as bad as the other clown who screams at his cat. No, I don't/won't run with either of you just so I don't have to listen to your nonstop drivel. And yes, we are making fun of you in guild chat - catch a clue.

    I enjoy short quick directions or commands. "Come here" is not either. Use a freaking direction so we don't have to figure out where "here" is. And left and right are not directions. North is a direction, right is conditional on where I am looking at the time.

    And my favorite - in Rainbow. Dude entered late, is complaining in chat about how we left him with no light. So the light bearer Ddoors back to him. Dude is so busy whining he doesn't notice it got lighter, he just stared at a wall and sniveled. And whined. And was snotslinging about how mean we were. And was not paying attention and was left to his own devices.

    In closing, this is not real life. I don't need a running commentary on your accomplishments/family life/imaginary sex life/hemmorhoids, but I would like you to pay attention to what is going on. Okie dokie??
    RTFM on Khyber

  20. #2360
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Wow, +30hp, that sure was swell.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Staff_of_Fleshshaping

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Pity the enemies here hit for more than that per attack. Or should we be spending a minute or so jumping around like a loon kiting enemies and avoiding attacks while we desperately self heal
    The main thing to know about BYOH groups is, watch your agro. Let the members that have better self healing lead the charge


    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    (Yes, you could always prepare remove disease and neutralise poison, but that's cutting into your healing SP
    even on a cleric you should carry potions of remove disease poison lesser restore, its a waste of sp and a spell slot to prep them

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    , which is another thing to consider, by the time you throw out Ram's Might, Barkskin, perhaps a Jump, maybe a resist energy or two... or perhaps it's expected for you to wear an archmagi item, for the purposes of self healing?)
    you could have a magi item, swap to it at a shrine before resting, get up with 100 more sp, use those 100 sp to buff, swap to a more useful item, continue with full sp and buffed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    For the record, I've run in groups that don't babysit. Heck, I've joined a group on my tank fighter to be told when we were 4/6 filled by the leader that "ah, forget it, this group is now BYOH" and pot healed through the quest while grumbling because this wasn't what I'd signed up for and had to put up with it because it was too much of a pain to find level 13-15 groups. And when I run my ranger, I do self heal if I'm getting to critical health, but any moment I'm having to spend healing rather than attack enemies is a moment where I am not doing what I am built for, my healing is inefficient and won't provide a longterm solution and unless the entire group consists of awesome toons who basically neutralise every enemy before they're any sort of thread (which happens, sure, but I run PUGs) I'm gonna take damage and I'm gonna need healing.
    again, watch your agro. And as someone else pointed out, if you roll a ranger, you give up dps for self healing and buffs, if you dont use them, you are just a gimp fighter.

Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload