Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2508
    Community Member Dr_Kyrgenstein's Avatar

Last weekend I'm running FoD in GH with a PuG. we come to the potential sonic trap and the leader types for evasion to run ahead and check if it's there. Being a monk with almost 400hp compared to the Rogue's 220hp I figure I'm a safe bet. What happens next is a combination of lag and low rolls and I bite the dust. We're talking -12 here not -140. The leader goes crazy and says I aint a Rogue and he asked for evasion. I quickly point out that as a monk I also have evasion but he counters that rogues have better evasion. When questioned since we both have improved evasion he says that the rogue will have a better reflex save so I ask the rogue, nope. He actually has 1 less than I do. The guy just keeps going on about -10% and won't listen to the simple fact that sometimes you roll bad, and calls me a moron for not listening. He will not listen to the fact that, all rolls being equal, the rogue would be even more dead than I and that sometimes s#*t happens.I give up and drop saying that I like the game to be fun and right now it aint, and I /ragequit. The last I see from the guy is that it would be fun if people listened. I wouldn't care but he is a multiple tr and should really know better.

Community Member

Today I'm running with a Druid in my group, and someone else in the group dies, appologizes for not knowing the quest or being good enough and leaves, and the Druid says 'thanks for losing us 10% exp ******'.

The same druid joined my deleras group just sometime last week on one of my alts, and felt like zerging ahead of everyone else in part 4 elite when we had both a cleric and FVS in the group, and got killed somewhere around the cold trap area and said 'Im sorry for dying, I don't normally die', dropped party and left.

The same druid in todays group was zerging around in Frame Work with a pathetic damage Firewall, agroing everything and kiting it through. He also managed to be the second person to die by running away from the cleric when he was on 0 SP, which he reached rapidly after each shrine'. How awesome. I was on my gimped fighter with noob gear and I was also dead for about half the quest because having one person leave and then your 30 damage firewall pro druid die, with only 2 melees, a rogue and a cleric left alive kind of makes that quest a PITA. At the end of the quest I bad 52 kills on a terribly geared first life fighter, the next highest was 37 from the paladin, and the awesome zerger TR pro Druid with an awesome 30 damage firewall spam and burning his blue bar in 5 minutes? 20 amazing kills!!!

Go you amazing pro druid!

Edit - It was in Frame Work nor Diplo Impunity lol. If the group struggled that badly in Diplo Id be ashamed.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 08-27-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    Go you amazing pro druid!
    You may want to tell him that since it got neutered his dog can't carry him anymore.

Community Member

Oh I'm not bothered about druids, I'm bothered about elitists that whine about other people dying when all that elitist ever does in my groups is die. Luckily he ignored me after I shamed him for dying for his earlier comment.

Dying is allowed in my groups and I don't care. There's not many miracles you can pull off in most level 12+ elites without a proper arcane caster, I also tried Invaders Elite with 4 melees, 1 FVS and a bard, we wiped so fast with the FVS running out of SP Frome all the healing and ressing that I can't even believe how so many elitist scrubs on Khyber that keep farming easy **** like troll lair can think they are so pro and that anyone else that dies without a healer on BB elites is automatically terrible for losing them 10%.

GTFO of my groups. Most of DDO elite is rarely doable with no one dying, and I think that the easy quests that are seriously need their difficulty ramping up.

Typical Khyberian elitist - Zomg I can solo troll lair and heal myself on my Pale Master, therefore I and all my alts are automatically pro, and lol U suck coz you died on invaders elite in a full melee group. ZOMG I has TR wings above my name and your noob fighter doesn't, yet I can't even outkill you with my TR gear while you are only using random generated gear. I'm still a pro and you are the sux coz you can't self heal.

Didn't think you were. I just thought it would be funny to point out to him.

FWIW-I don't play elite and I don't care about penalties. I play for fun. It is all about teamwork, laughs and beating the boss in the end.

I've noticed a rather high number of druids lately that have no interest in healing themselves, much less others. Currently doing a 3 FvS/3Clr run for my wizard's needed TR's. Currently on life 2 of 3 FvS, and it's a pervasive problem I think.

I'm as amused by this as I am viewing parties consisting of rangers, paladins, druids, monks with Clr/FvS icons only stating 'need healer'

Truly amazing to me.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    I've noticed a rather high number of druids lately that have no interest in healing themselves, much less others. Currently doing a 3 FvS/3Clr run for my wizard's needed TR's. Currently on life 2 of 3 FvS, and it's a pervasive problem I think.

I'm as amused by this as I am viewing parties consisting of rangers, paladins, druids, monks with Clr/FvS icons only stating 'need healer'

Truly amazing to me.
    Yeah, those paladins and rangers should learn to raid heal. It's pretty simple dood, they're not healing specced. And if we're talking the higher levels, a group can't really rely on a non-healing specced caster.

I had a rogue try to join my group. I asked if he could do traps well and he said "I dont do traps, im DPS"

LOL! a DPS rogue!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Kyrgenstein View Post
    Last weekend I'm running FoD in GH with a PuG. we come to the potential sonic trap and the leader types for evasion to run ahead and check if it's there. Being a monk with almost 400hp compared to the Rogue's 220hp I figure I'm a safe bet. What happens next is a combination of lag and low rolls and I bite the dust. We're talking -12 here not -140. The leader goes crazy and says I aint a Rogue and he asked for evasion. I quickly point out that as a monk I also have evasion but he counters that rogues have better evasion. When questioned since we both have improved evasion he says that the rogue will have a better reflex save so I ask the rogue, nope. He actually has 1 less than I do. The guy just keeps going on about -10% and won't listen to the simple fact that sometimes you roll bad, and calls me a moron for not listening. He will not listen to the fact that, all rolls being equal, the rogue would be even more dead than I and that sometimes s#*t happens.I give up and drop saying that I like the game to be fun and right now it aint, and I /ragequit. The last I see from the guy is that it would be fun if people listened. I wouldn't care but he is a multiple tr and should really know better.
    Minor point, but if the rogue was reporting his reflex save from the character panel, he would have had a little better save than you - rogues get +1 saves vs traps every third level.

Quote Originally Posted by pie2655 View Post
    I had a rogue try to join my group. I asked if he could do traps well and he said "I dont do traps, im DPS"

LOL! a DPS rogue!
    rogues are amazing DPS.
    Last edited by zarthak; 08-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Community Member

Default Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate

Join a group, I know the leader is fairly new because run with him several times lately. Rest of party are usual suspects and not new to the server.

Leader (noob) gets really upset when someone loots a chest and takes the chitin breastplate.....because they want it for their alt. Leader drops party 2 mins later, and sends tells to several party members ranting that "I can't believe that guy took that for his alt, I've been farming for that chitin breastplate all day".......................
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    Join a group, I know the leader is fairly new because run with him several times lately. Rest of party are usual suspects and not new to the server.

Leader (noob) gets really upset when someone loots a chest and takes the chitin breastplate.....because they want it for their alt. Leader drops party 2 mins later, and sends tells to several party members ranting that "I can't believe that guy took that for his alt, I've been farming for that chitin breastplate all day".......................
    lol i would take it to, just because he asked for it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    rogues are amazing DPS. you just suck at this game
    I think the point is that "I'm a DPS rogue" is a stupid thing to say because rogues are good DPS naturally. And also that if you are a rogue and can't do traps because you're "DPS", then you're a noob.

No specific remark, but I am just sick to death at this point of people who act like splashing a couple of levels of fighter into your cleric is the worst thing you can ever do.
    Liseyda on Thelanis: TR4 Human Ranger.

Plus various others scattered around the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    rogues are amazing DPS. you just suck at this game
    Dude stop flaming, im gonna report you if you keep this abuse up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Yeah, those paladins and rangers should learn to raid heal. It's pretty simple dood, they're not healing specced. And if we're talking the higher levels, a group can't really rely on a non-healing specced caster.
    Considering I've leveled each of those classes to cap *without* a 'healer' I'd include you in the category I lol at and ignore. Especially considering I mentioned nothing at all about raiding. But you did...

Congrats on demonstrating the exact problem I am describing, dood.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Default this one day at band camp

Well, this one day I joined a pug & was looking at the HPs ....

Noticed that the level 5 hireling cleric (Kendra) had almost twice the HPs of the rest of the party, she was the lowest level too.

Default Thanks. >:/

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    there's an arti in the party.
    I have been saying this out loud for 15 minutes now and giggling like a schoolgirl. Not helping during my annual performance review.
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    (planer gird) isn't worth anywhere near 300k because it's one of the easiest items in the game to farm. Every single one of my non-UMD toons has at least two, usually three or four of them.
    So yeah, /lawl is right, but we're /lawl'ing at you, not with you.
    Oh, you are so correct, but what is so ironic is all the people who are asking for GH all the time (including "epic" level toons). I don't get it, because its a mandatory item on all my toons, even ones with UMD as a backup in case neg levels have me down too low to use a restore scroll.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Considering I've leveled each of those classes to cap *without* a 'healer' I'd include you in the category I lol at and ignore. Especially considering I mentioned nothing at all about raiding. But you did...

Congrats on demonstrating the exact problem I am describing, dood.
    Well, aren't you special. I bet you even have your own little group of friends you rune exclusively with you don't have to associate with the plebs. And this being the case, one wonders why you even bother to comment. All I've demonstrated is that you expect everyone to be able to self heal all the time, because you've apparently* done so and the idea of a ranger wanting a healer is amusing to you for some strange reason.

But by all means, ignore away. I'm all the richer for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    ... SNIP... if we're talking the higher levels, a group can't really rely on a non-healing specced caster.
    I do recall a few all barb only runs of shroud that were successfully completed... might even have been on leet... granted.. it was only shroud...

Anyway back on topic..

was running a leet Sleeping Dust and the gimpy firstlifer rog splashed bard says he can get the traps but can only spot them barb style. runs around a corner and finds one of those spike traps in true barb fashion... too bad i.. i mean HE.. didn't have the HP to survive it...

Fail bard!
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast