Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2496

whats with all the need *wf* tank for vod esp hard/elite now? The thing I don't like is they take a wf tank with no damage mitigation or self recon at all. Its a fricken pain being the one reconning em esp on hard/elite man....... going to cost pots esp if your the only one or theres two of you, even had vods where 3 of use 1 bard, sorc, and wiz sweated to keep a guy up, i even had to remove curse, quickly try and get a blue bar cure spell off before he gets recursed while the scroll was on cool down.......... because it got that close at times esp when the casters had their hands will with other things.

I remember asking a leader for a hard vod if he had a tank with any damage mitigation......... well hes a wf barb with 900 hp and a esos and redscale....... sure the red scale is 10 extra resistance from fire........ but I dont really care if he has a esos or not......... I would take a toon without a esos and a 80 odd ac over a toon with a esos and no damage mitigation whatsoever.

Are AC tanks or sheild blocking tanks that rare? Ive even done it on hard with a wf paladin he didnt have all his ac gear only about 70 AC but he sheild blocked and it was a lot easyier than Esos barbarian and his epic red scale docent. It doesnt even have to be a high HP or traditional tank, ive done it with ranger and had no problems, seen other people on their rangers........ lower hp monks 500-600 hp range no problems. Surely theres not such a shortage of these types of charactors that we always have to resort to 0ac 0 damage mitigation *tanks*

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jevern View Post

I did try to check buyback from the vendors, but to no avail. So it was just an utter fail moment. Way to waste 30 epic tokens!
    Ouch Jem /wince

So eDA and challenges then. Lots of.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    You can still run away
    Even though this http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm says you should be unconscious.
    You become so ugly that you don't even have to see your own reflection to send yourself comatose.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

2015 DDO Players Council Jevern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Ouch Jem /wince

So eDA and challenges then. Lots of.
    Sounds like a plan, yeah >.>
    Jassial - 18 Druid/2 Monk

Also: ~Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jevern ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern ~
    Proud member of Crimson Eagles

Me in trade channel

WTS LDS pst.

Noob tells:

Is 30,000 platinum too much?

Oh well. Sadly no. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Actually, the effect of having 0 CHA is that you have no personality, and can't comprehend that you exist as an entity separate from your surroundings.
    That's not right, as in RL I have no personality, and can comprehend myself just fine. I just have no personality. I compensate by acting like Johnny Carson.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_Rob View Post
    Me in trade channel

WTS LDS pst.

Noob tells:

Is 30,000 platinum too much?

Oh well. Sadly no. Heh
    Maybe he was hoping it was your first ever shroud large you where selling oh and you where born yesterday.

Community Member

Default Newest one

Dude was leading a Shroud run on his cleric the other night it was his 40th run so I guess he thought he new the game. I should have known better when on part 2 he said no pulling stuff to the south central and splitting it. I hate that way it never works. Anyway I'm on my Arti and as we get ready to go into part 4 I ask if anybody wants silver on there weapons. He goes no way I don't and anybody that would need it is A MORON.

I'm like why would that be? Hmm let's see. Holy burst of greater evil outsider bane with silver on it? Or a lit2 with silver on it. I'm pretty certain that would out DPS a min 2 weapon?

So to all you morons who use a lit2 on harry when there's an arti in the party. Why the heck did you waste your LDS's on that stupid weapon. Please explain?
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Dude was leading a Shroud run on his cleric the other night it was his 40th run so I guess he thought he new the game. I should have known better when on part 2 he said no pulling stuff to the south central and splitting it. I hate that way it never works. Anyway I'm on my Arti and as we get ready to go into part 4 I ask if anybody wants silver on there weapons. He goes no way I don't and anybody that would need it is A MORON.

I'm like why would that be? Hmm let's see. Holy burst of greater evil outsider bane with silver on it? Or a lit2 with silver on it. I'm pretty certain that would out DPS a min 2 weapon?

So to all you morons who use a lit2 on harry when there's an arti in the party. Why the heck did you waste your LDS's on that stupid weapon. Please explain?
    Sadly, I almost sent a pm asking if it was someone I know, except I remembered that his cleric had just gotten back to 17 on his TR, and his other is currently a FvS. So it wouldn't have been a 40th run, if he's even reflagged yet.

Hard for me to say, with my shift change. Can't play with my static group anymore, and pugging for me sits in the bad spot between when the Aussies hit the sack and the Euros are in the middle of their day, while the US is starting it's day.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Community Member

Today I got a Planar gird, and I was told its just a '1 charge ****' worth no more than 30k:

/Lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    Today I got a Planar gird, and I was told its just a '1 charge ****' worth no more than 30k:

/Lawl.
    /lawl is right, but not for the reasons you think

First of all, it isn't the only GH clicky in the game. Secondly, it isn't worth anywhere near 300k because it's one of the easiest items in the game to farm. Every single one of my non-UMD toons has at least two, usually three or four of them.
    So yeah, /lawl is right, but we're /lawl'ing at you, not with you.
    Last edited by Calebro; 05-27-2012 at 04:55 PM.

The main thing I take from that screenie is that you keep replying in tells to someone who's talking to you in trades?
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    /lawl is right, but not for the reasons you think

First of all, it isn't the only GH clicky in the game. Secondly, it isn't worth anywhere near 300k because it's one of the easiest items in the game to farm. Every single one of my non-UMD toons has at least two, usually three or four of them.
    So yeah, /lawl is right, but we're /lawl'ing at you, not with you.
    I dont think its one of the easiest items in the game to farm, plenty of things are easier including Baubles. Plus the drop rate is ridiculously low on the Gird.

AH prices on it are 500-600k, and 700-800k plat for the couple that were listed. If they were so easy to farm and as common as you describe, then surely the AH would be full of them.

I dont think its one of the easiest items in the game to farm, plenty of things are easier including Baubles. Plus the drop rate is ridiculously low on the Gird.

AH prices on it are 500-600k, and 700-800k plat for the couple that were listed. If they were so easy to farm and as common as you describe, then surely the AH would be full of them.
    The auction house prices don't sell at that rate. There are many, many examples of loot that is listed at completely astronomical prices hoping some unaware person will pay that price. When I used to farm them for trading tools, I'd put them up for max 150k and wait a few mins. They are much more common now as opposed to then. Using prices that someone is hoping to bilk out of someone on the ah is not good practice...

To be fair as well, I have 16 toons. Each and every one of them has at least 3. Melee guys have5 of them each. They are not hard to get once you get used to farming them out. Each and every tr I've done on any of my characters has resulted in at least one planar gird dropping while farming xorian. Farming it with a capped toon has yielded up to 3 of them per hour spent on average. They are not hard to get.

Make what you will of that.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Baubles are easy to farm, eh?

From my experience the drop rate of the Bauble is much, much, much lower than that for girds.

Also, elite WS solo takes me about 15-20 minutes, one solo run for the green chest doesnt even take 10 minutes.

If you don't know how to solo farm it, try this:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299817

Lolwut? It's roughly infinitely easier to pull than bauble and there's the small difference of it not being bound at all lol.

AH prices are there to take advantage of impatient people who must have one NAO, I bought several recently for 200k on the trade forums and I got replies pretty quick, with some patience (I wanted to get those ASAP for a toon that I was TRing) you can get them for less.

30k is a bit on the too cheap side but it did seem like you were ripe for trolling so someone took advantage
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

THIS is hilarious! Rarely do I see a post so disconnected with the realities of the game! ROFLMAO!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    THIS is hilarious! Rarely do I see a post so disconnected with the realities of the game! ROFLMAO!
    I wouldn't know. If the person plays on argo, then no, he isn't. You can't get one of those cheaper than for some 500k on here. At least not on AH anyway. I sold mine for like 400k, and that was before the whole CC knock wand fiasco.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spoprockel View Post
    Baubles are easy to farm, eh?

From my experience the drop rate of the Bauble is much, much, much lower than that for girds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Weapons shipment is one of the easiest solo farm quests in the game. Xorian Cipher requires a party to progress past the barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoprockel View Post
    If you don't know how to solo farm it, try this:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299817
    Using a hireling =/= 'solo' farming. It seems like a chore getting pets and enemies to stand on the pressure plates for you, compared to simply zerging through actual soloable quests without any hirelings or summons. And for the sake of a GH clickie that none of my characters even need? Pointless waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    AH prices are there to take advantage of impatient people who must have one NAO, I bought several recently for 200k on the trade forums and I got replies pretty quick, with some patience (I wanted to get those ASAP for a toon that I was TRing) you can get them for less.
    Im not bothered about buying one for less, why would I need one when all my characters can either cast or UMD GH scrolls? Im bothered about selling it for as much as I can. I can buy LDS for 250k plat each if someone is willing to sell them, that doesnt mean that on average they sell for a lot more than that. Actually I got 2 LDSs for free from guildies in the past, so I suppose that by DDO forum logic that means that all LDSs are worthless and should be given away for free.

Heres another one anyway, a FVS and a Sorc who said that Web was useless and firestorm was better:

For the benefit of the doubt, I asked several experienced multi TR casters if Web was a bad spell and Firestorm was better. Not that I needed to, but I thought I'd check before posting it on the forums. Their answers were unanimous that web is one of the best CC spells in the game, and that Flamestrike isnt even worth its SP cost. And I rely on Web a lot when TRing my arcanes at lower levels considering that I play an Earth Savant sorc, and Conjuration Archmage up to level 13 before rewspeccing to a pale master.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 05-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.

The bauble, for me has been a royal p. i. t. a. as they say.

Only one of my toons has one. Lucky pull I guess. The rest of them run through there solo often, sometimes opening the lfm at the end. No luck to be had, and no generosity either. Imo, that's a hard thing to get. Same with me in terms of the Torc. Only one toon has one.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast