Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2508
  1. #2101
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -6, USA
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    How the heck can an 18/1 ranger/fighter ask for a fire resistance? I'm like dude you're a ranger cast it on yourself. His reply. I don't carry that spell. Dude you're a freaking ranger what other spells are you going to carry but resistance, Ram's might and FOM. At the ver least carry a freaking wand like the other two fighters in the party were. It's sad when I'm the fighter hitting you with a resist 11 wand on your ranger. Oh but he was proud of his bow and his pew pew.

    Speaking of the other two fighters can the level 17 fighter at least carry his own lessor restore pots.

    Fighter: Umm can I get a restore.

    Cleric hits a burst.

    Fighter: Umm can I get a restore please.

    Cleric: I just hit a burst that didn't fix it?

    Fighter: No I'm fatigued, burts don't work on fatigue. I should have said can I get a lessor restore.

    No what you should have said is nothing. What you should have done is drink a restore pot. Dude are you kidding me you don't have restore pots? That's not the clerics job to waste mana on fatigue when you should be drinking pots. Especially by the time you're in IQ.

    It only took me three pugs before I was able to come accross that gem. But I do have to say. The other two pugs were great.
    So I should start carrying those now? [img=smoak]
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  2. #2102
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default Nick

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    So I should start carrying those now? [img=smoak]
    You're Nick the ****. And as head detective you're allowed to carry or not carry anything you want.

    P.S. Pun intended as head detective. :}
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-02-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  3. #2103
    Community Member Terebinthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    You forgot the other essential spells - summon bush and summon kitty. Bush is an essential party buff and the kitty makes the loot better. True story
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

  4. #2104
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -6, USA
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    You're Nick the ****. And as head detective you're allowed to carry or not carry anything you want.

    P.S. Pun intended as head detective. :}
    I see what you did there.

    But seriously, my monk doesn't carry those. Or my Wf LOLDPS build. Is that ok? I don't wanna be a noob.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  5. #2105
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -6, USA
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    You forgot the other essential spells - summon bush and summon kitty. Bush is an essential party buff and the kitty makes the loot better. True story
    Bush is optional. True story
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  6. #2106
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    You forgot the other essential spells - summon bush and summon kitty. Bush is an essential party buff and the kitty makes the loot better. True story
    Shouldn't that be bush can make the kitty look better?

    As much as I like a well manicured bush I still think resistance is a better choice as I'm fine with my kitty without any bush to hide in. Plus the bush tends to make the nose itch when you're working your way thru said bush to find the kitty. And if I'm not mistaken isn't the kitty the best loot a guy can get anyway. Unless you're Oakianus, he may argue that point. BAHAHAHA Gotcha Oak.
    Last edited by Beer_Dude; 02-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  7. #2107
    Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    *looks around* I don't know...
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Last failed Shroud I did:

    I was on my arty my buddy was on his monk, we ask for newbs to the Shroud. One guys answers and we go throught the explainations, he had low hp and was a 28 points build, he thanked us for the chance and explained how no one would take him once he said he was new to the quest.

    He lagged baddly along a few others and couldn't do much in part one, managed to catch up to the wiz and saw him take out crystal (we had a few issues here, but hey I found out I can take the ele on my lvl 17 arty)

    3rd part, he tell where he's at I unlock and solve, then one of the Trs does 5x5 south and a few others run water, then I notice empty rooms and end up solving 6 puzzles and run as many waters... Wall is up no one in 5x5 north I run over there no one called wall and I die along the guy who solved the other 5x5 by this point I figure out that the casters had been knocking doors then piked at the fountain where they stayed there untill we convinced then to just put water into the 5x5 and be done with it.

    After we loose half the party trying to ress us, no one had actually bother to make sure one of them could open, the castes run to us knock and ask "where do you get water?" and we wipe.

    We had more then a single newbie to the Shroud, just the others didn't have the guts to say it and tried to pike their way through...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

  8. #2108
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -6, USA
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Shouldn't that be bush can make the kitty look better?

    As much as I like a well manicured bush I still think resistance is a better choice as I'm fine with my kitty without any bush to hide in. Plus the bush tends to make the nose itch when you're working your way thru said bush to find the kitty. And if I'm not mistaken isn't the kitty the best loot a guy can get anyway. Unless you're Oakianus, he may argue that point. BAHAHAHA Gotcha Oak.
    All my kitties are bush free.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  9. #2109
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    All my kitties are bush free.
    That's my preference too.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  10. #2110
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default The sad part

    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    Last failed Shroud I did:

    I was on my arty my buddy was on his monk, we ask for newbs to the Shroud. One guys answers and we go throught the explainations, he had low hp and was a 28 points build, he thanked us for the chance and explained how no one would take him once he said he was new to the quest.

    He lagged baddly along a few others and couldn't do much in part one, managed to catch up to the wiz and saw him take out crystal (we had a few issues here, but hey I found out I can take the ele on my lvl 17 arty)

    3rd part, he tell where he's at I unlock and solve, then one of the Trs does 5x5 south and a few others run water, then I notice empty rooms and end up solving 6 puzzles and run as many waters... Wall is up no one in 5x5 north I run over there no one called wall and I die along the guy who solved the other 5x5 by this point I figure out that the casters had been knocking doors then piked at the fountain where they stayed there untill we convinced then to just put water into the 5x5 and be done with it.

    After we loose half the party trying to ress us, no one had actually bother to make sure one of them could open, the castes run to us knock and ask "where do you get water?" and we wipe.

    We had more then a single newbie to the Shroud, just the others didn't have the guts to say it and tried to pike their way through...
    If the others had the balls to say something it wouldn't have been a wipe most likely. At the least you could have just said we'll do this a a tutorial run so keep an open mind and listen. We may fail but odds are we won't if you just let us explain to you what you need to do.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  11. #2111
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -6, USA
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    That's my preference too.
    I don't shave my face all the time though
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  12. #2112
    Community Member azrael4h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddoplayer064 View Post
    Wow. When on my Bard, I always keep Recklessness up. All parts, not just part one, and no one has ever said anything about it.
    You mean someone uses that song? I cannot recall EVER seeing that one pop when raiding.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

    Cthulhu 2016 Never settle for the lesser evil...

  13. #2113
    Community Member Zillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Wiz King elite run. Somewhere along the way to the top of the first tower, the barb mutters something about con damage and asks for someone to help with the mummy rot. I check the hp bars and see he's taken a lot of con damage. I ask him why he didn't bring any pots with him for curing curses and disease. He says he can't afford them as this is his first toon on Khyber, although he plays on other servers. I'm a little sceptical as even when a quest is expensive in terms of pot quaffing such as this one, there are loads of other quests where you come out with a plat profit after vendoring. I know I managed to have pots for the sands when I started. I can't help him as I only have guild pots (someone found wands to help him) but I'm a little surprised that he came along to this particular quest on elite so under-prepared.

    No wonder us melees get a bad name for wanting to be babysat ...

  14. #2114
    Community Member Rydin_Dirtay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    You mean someone uses that song? I cannot recall EVER seeing that one pop when raiding.
    Hmm Recklessness is pretty much a standard song WC bards give in Part 1 of Shroud.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

  15. #2115
    Community Member Dwarfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    You mean someone uses that song? I cannot recall EVER seeing that one pop when raiding.
    In groups I usually run in, if we have a WC, that song is usually always up...eCHRONO/VON6/Shroud/LOB.
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

  16. #2116
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfo View Post
    In groups I usually run in, if we have a WC, that song is usually always up...eCHRONO/VON6/Shroud/LOB.
    There are very few places where I don't sing it or I ask first. Sometimes I don't understand the wailing some people do over losing 5% fort, like in TOD if they are not the tanks. Stop your crying ffs im the one who is prob going to heal you anyway. Do the trash orthons crit for that much? Ive never had anyone die on my watch even a wf barb who was not the designated tank with no heal amp, in death frenzy who was almost standing in front of suulo getting hit my him forcing me to switch to recon scrolls just to heal him then switch back to heal scrolls to heal the others.Oh yeah I was healing the suulo tank as well but that stupid warforged barb took up 500 times the resources and time compared to the tank.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 02-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.

  17. #2117
    Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    *looks around* I don't know...
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    If the others had the balls to say something it wouldn't have been a wipe most likely. At the least you could have just said we'll do this a a tutorial run so keep an open mind and listen. We may fail but odds are we won't if you just let us explain to you what you need to do.
    That's what bothered me the most, we spent about 5 mins explaining the raid to the newbie and answering any questions he might have and no one else said a single word. I've never seen a run when the guy saying "First time doing the quest, is that okay?" getting mocked or kicked out...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

  18. #2118
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    That's what bothered me the most, we spent about 5 mins explaining the raid to the newbie and answering any questions he might have and no one else said a single word. I've never seen a run when the guy saying "First time doing the quest, is that okay?" getting mocked or kicked out...
    I've never seen it happen either.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  19. #2119
    Community Member azrael4h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skara Brae
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    Hmm Recklessness is pretty much a standard song WC bards give in Part 1 of Shroud.
    Hmmm. I must be running with a bunch of Virts then. Last dozen times I hit any raid with a Bard, I didn't see that pop up at all. Can't be Spellsingers there, cause I can't recall getting the Sp-reduction song either. That, or I end up with bad bards in pugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    I've never seen it happen either.
    I have, a few times. It's not common though, and no excuse for being silent.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

    Cthulhu 2016 Never settle for the lesser evil...

  20. #2120
    Community Member Therrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    821

    Default

    So this guy has a raid LFM posting for dps, several slots open but he only has one arcane caster. My sorcerer clicks it. He immediately declines and tells me he only wants melees.

Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload