Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2496

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    You're so mean, you couldn't make the entire party wait 30-40 minutes while he got flagged.... or was dragged through by them.. geez.. where's the humanity..
    =/ Man things must have changed since i last played DDO, Tor is an 15 min run at the most with all the scenes and talking and dragons =/.

Might be wrong, but easily doable on 17-18 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

i just had possibly the worst cleric i have ever seen in our party. no belligerent, or trolling, or whatever, just possibly the worst mechanical play ever

part 1- not healing people
    So we are doing necro II elites to be cool like that, and we have a [healer]. I notice my hp dipping unusually low on my level 10 barb (100 out of 265), and figure, meh, ill turn off frenzy, not like im doing the most damage with two casters in the group.
    However, after not reactivating frenzy, and taking some hits.... i still have 100 hp. and then 93 hp. I start to wonder... what is our cleric doing? 3 minutes pass... and eventually i ask for a heal and get it... the wizard in are party makes an offhand remark about having to ask for heals.
    so while running around, i died to traps (hit r while sending a message, classy), the cleric resses me... then proceeds not to heal. At all. i have 24 hp, and i'm just sorta standing in FWs hoping not to be hit. the wizard rages a little about clerics not paying any attention.
    Later in a fight, i see our sorc's health start to drop, mainly due to teh room of monsters he is kiting. its dropping steadily, 90...60...30. at this point i type in all caps "HEAL THE SORC", the cleric who had been either twiddling his thumbs or attempting to melee with a (later as i found non-ghost touch) axe. throws a heal and the sorc survives

part II- not listening, sonic stuns, and not healing people
    many asked for heals later, there are traps in the left side of the room, i know this because the leader types it, twice. and says it. guess who immediatly heads to the left with the rogue? the cleric, who dies. at this point the wizard seems kind of ****ed... im sort of detached... i wonder vaguely whether we are being trolled.
    interestingly enough, i notice what the cleric is doing during the next fight. he is casting sonic burst stuns over and over, on wraiths. i had assumed wight priests but there are none in teh tomb of the shadow knight. i watch in muted disbelief as the cleric manages to use 350 SP out of 600 on sonic burst stuns against wraiths over a course of time. he also gets a killsteal on me. (1 out of his 2 total kills for the quest)
    the leader tells us specifically not to go between tombs in another part, which the cleric does of course, and dies quickly. we take him to the shrine
    during the next fight he decides his mana is better spent doing stuns than healing too, and he actually goes to 3 mana. he promptly dies later to enemy damage, and the sorc and wiz are looking roughed up, though they kited a lot more carefully after the initial stages of the quest, and still have about half life.

part III- the end of things
    so we are trying to find the last trap, and the leader tells the cleric and all of us not to purify the final altar, and to shrine. (especially the sp-less cleric). of course, after about 1 minute of searching... he purifies the altar. its not a big deal, after all, we snipe the boss anyway whithout any healing, but yeah

we finish out, kick the cleric, and make cunning use of a hireling that was better than our old cleric in teh terms of A- does actually heal people B- cant waste all his sp on sonic stuns C- listens to directions.
    well actually we don't, because we find a new, competent pc :P
    Last edited by stille_nacht; 12-22-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

This Story is true

Community Member

Default Same MO

Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    PuGing Shroud after U12,

Warning, long rant.

Leader is a monk WF, before we start he asks for shards, well more like demand since he "reserved" them.
    On our 1st try part 1 says "brb, getting something to eat" right as we entered the portal, then went to get something to drink, so he didn't do much of anything in part 1, no biggy it happens. When he asked if he could craft I found it kinda rude, no one answered and we moved on.

Part 2, in this part he says he'll take the ele, nothing more (rest of the party divided themselves), I'm on my PM and take crystal... or I would have had he had more dps then my Aura, he couldn't peel him off me so I grabbed ele and got him SE and we finished as usual, leader never stopped hitting the ele even when preped (not that he could drop him anytime soon).

Part 3, asked to be unlocked then stayed by the blue portal that leads to the crafting station (back to the fountain) says "brb, bio". We complete and he starts asking for shards, claiming he reserved them and typing stuff like "I called it *insert name* gimme your shard?".

Part 4, we wipe, not that bad in itself I'm sure many hadn't done Shroud since the update, thou I could have sworn the leader died next to me.

Reform, 2nd try half the party left.

Again he "reserves" and we enter part 1, by now I think that unless he's a smoker he should be set, nope "getting something, brb" punches 2 portals a bit and is visibly afk facing a wall (I check map so 2 casters are not cleaning the same portal). Ask if he could craft, someone points out he can craft after we complete which seems to surprise him, someone even offered to let him use his airship with all the altars if we fail.

Part 2, he asks to be on ele again, having seen his dps I take it, doesn't seem to mind he stays in SE looking at the ele.

Part 3, same as before he asks to be unlocked and stares at blue wall, I run water and see him there every time. We finish and he starts to ask for his "reserved" shards, someone tells him that others may need those shards and that putting them for roll is what is normally done and that we all have already seen his many posts and that he doesn't need to beg, his response is "come on!". At this point I use voice to tell him "why should we give you anything if all you do is pike?" He ask how he's a piker, I answer that he doesn't do anything but sit in a corner, never ran water and barely punched a portal.

His answer: "what if I buy the stuff?" I type "..." and the guy who had offered him to use his ship altars said "that's just, yeah..."

Wipe at part 4, our leader is standing right next to me (remember I'm a PM so nowhere near Harry) empty handed asking for heals and when he died regularly asked "did we win yet?". Everyone left after, I joined another Shroud completed and did a few quests, he still had is Shroud lfm up all this time, no one joined.

I'm a pretty patient guy most of the time before him I had only one guy on my squelch list: a guy who locked 2 out of 3 healers in VoN5 after saying he wouldn't speak with Dwarf, repeatedly . But this guy just made the list.
    Sounds like the MO of the EPIC WF Monk tool I ended up in two PUG shrouds with last month, as well.

In the first run w/him, he wasn't the party leader...
    Kept begging for ingredients before we even entered the quest.
    We get ready to enter and he says, "Let's PWND this!"
    Half way through Pt 1, a fellow guildie sends me a /tell "Is that guy just standing there facing a wall??? And what does 'PWND' mean?"
    I SWEAR I didn't mean to type, "Yes, he's just facing a wall, not doing **** and 'PWND' is what a 17 year old says when he's trying to be hip." in party chat. I just forgot my /tell.
    WF Monk drops group.

A week later, WF Monk is LEADING a shroud!
    Oh, I gotta try and join this, if only to see if he remembers me!
    He accepts. Obviously doesn't remember.
    We fill. He starts up with begging for ingredients again. (Blergh... is this really worth the fun??)
    We go in, start fighting trash. After less than 30 seconds, I hear in voice, "Hey, I'm going AFK so I can eat dinner."

I noticed I wasn't the only one who started grabbing aggro and dragging trash to kill immediately next to him.

[addition] In Pt 5, kicking away at Harry, I noticed our Epic friend was somewhat near me. Pulling back my viewing angle and moving it a bit, though, I noticed the DUDE WASN'T EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO HIT HIM. He was pulled back just far enough to not take any melee hits from Harry, which meant he wasn't close enough to be doing any damage.[/addition]

I wasn't really surprised when we completed. Somehow he'd managed to assemble a competent team of 11 players.

As a general rule, I don't squelch people. But I have a good memory for names; if I'm ever in need of a good laugh, I'd join his group again...
    Last edited by Idurith; 12-23-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Community Member

Default How?

Quote Originally Posted by Idurith View Post
    Sounds like the MO of the EPIC WF Monk tool I ended up in two PUG shrouds with last month, as well.

In the first run w/him, he wasn't the party leader...
    Kept begging for ingredients before we even entered the quest.
    We get ready to enter and he says, "Let's PWND this!"
    Half way through Pt 1, a fellow guildie sends me a /tell "Is that guy just standing there facing a wall??? And what does 'PWND' mean?"
    I SWEAR I didn't mean to type, "Yes, he's just facing a wall, not doing **** and 'PWND' is what a 17 year old says when he's trying to be hip." in party chat. I just forgot my /tell.
    WF Monk drops group.

A week later, WF Monk is LEADING a shroud!
    Oh, I gotta try and join this, if only to see if he remembers me!
    He accepts. Obviously doesn't remember.
    We fill. He starts up with begging for ingredients again. (Blergh... is this really worth the fun??)
    We go in, start fighting trash. After less than 30 seconds, I hear in voice, "Hey, I'm going AFK so I can eat dinner."

I noticed I wasn't the only one who started grabbing aggro and dragging trash to kill immediately next to him.

[addition] In Pt 5, kicking away at Harry, I noticed our Epic friend was somewhat near me. Pulling back my viewing angle and moving it a bit, though, I noticed the DUDE WASN'T EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO HIT HIM. He was pulled back just far enough to not take any melee hits from Harry, which meant he wasn't close enough to be doing any damage.[/addition]

I wasn't really surprised when we completed. Somehow he'd managed to assemble a competent team of 11 players.

As a general rule, I don't squelch people. But I have a good memory for names; if I'm ever in need of a good laugh, I'd join his group again...
    How do tools like this even make it to the Vale in the first place? I'd be so ashamed to be that sorry of a player at that level. Before someone says it yes I am that sorry of a player but in the good ways not the retard ways.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

OK, I have one for ya Beer Man.
    Farming for Vale mats and pie, I toss up and LFM for Dust - IP. I get a request while I'm swimming through the tunnels. Don't even check it, just hit accept.
    Hi, OMW shows up in chat.
    "Hey, how's it going? I just stepped in."
    kk, brt
    I clear the first room off to the left and the center area, find the second book up above, and head NE to clear the hall that we'll need to go up later. The other dude says I'll start clearing down here and heads north.
    OK, cool.
    Found the book. immediately followed by the objectives changing to find Kasi. Found him! shows up a few seconds later. A few seconds after that we go from 5 spiders to 4, then to 3, then to 2.

"Dude, WtheF? You killed 3 spiders in like ten seconds. I'm not even there yet. Why are you attacking Kasi when there are spiders around?

Best answer ever: He did it.
    Because friendly fire is an issue in this game, so obviously Kasi will kill the spiders.
    That's when I get there and notice he's swinging Terror.

"OK, from now on, you stay here while I solo the rest."

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Farming for Vale mats and pie, I toss up and LFM for Dust - IP. I get a request while I'm swimming through the tunnels. Don't even check it, just hit accept.
    kk, brt
    I clear the first room off to the left and the center area, find the second book up above, and head NE to clear the hall that we'll need to go up later. The other dude says I'll start clearing down here and heads north.
    OK, cool.
    Found the book. immediately followed by the objectives changing to find Kasi. Found him! shows up a few seconds later. A few seconds after that we go from 5 spiders to 4, then to 3, then to 2.

"Dude, WtheF? You killed 3 spiders in like ten seconds. I'm not even there yet. Why are you attacking Kasi when there are spiders around?

Because friendly fire is an issue in this game, so obviously Kasi will kill the spiders.

I love stories like this.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    I love stories like this.
    I couldn't even be mad at the poor sap because I was laughing so hard.
    Kasi killed the spiders. It wasn't him swinging Terror while fighting with spiders around.... it was all Kasi's doing.

I couldn't even be mad at the poor sap because I was laughing so hard.
    Kasi killed the spiders. It wasn't him swinging Terror while fighting with spiders around.... it was all Kasi's doing.

[img]

It's all good. I have banned myself from anymore pug shrouds atm.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Static group Friday run, this is the second time through for all of us, and we've all played for two years. I've ranted about this guy before, referring to him as the paladin of the bunch, since he plays nothing but paladins. Even his cleric and fvs, he plays them the same as his paladin, minus any semblance of melee capability.

The first thing that happened was I made the suggestion of changing out the CHA shrine, which benefits him (two Paladins, a Cleric, and a FvS) and me (Sorcerer, two FvS, and a Bard) for an INT shrine, which benefits 3 Rogues, 3 Artificers, and 4 Wizards active at the moment, spread across 6 players (we have only 8 in the guild that are particularly active). If anything, I am losing more, since two of my characters actually use CHA for their spell DCs, whereas his do not, and only one of his even loses sp.

He stroked completely out, telling me how stupid it is to consider dropping a CHA shrine that benefits all his characters for anything that benefits the other players in the guild. Then he suggested dropping the Acid or Fire resistance shrines, as they don't benefit him either. Everyone else in the guild uses them on characters who can't cast Resist Energy and can't UMD the level 11 wands, and even on those who can use them to reduce sp use when they're not getting the full 30 point resists from their spells. Even after I told him I wasn't going to argue with him over it, he continued his tirade of the evils of removing the CHA shrine, up until I snapped and told him to drop it.

While a minor issue, it's still irritating the heck out of me right now. Particularly since on the forums where we post, he made 3 or 4 posts against losing his precious CHA shrine, about how stupid an INT shrine is, and again suggested that no one needs resists anyway.

This is from someone who on our last run through, refused to load Resist Energy on his level 8 Paladin, and then was furious when I wouldn't give him any resists... and neither would the Cleric. He's also been furious when I've told him to drink a pot for curses and poisons, and disease when he's running a Cleric. I don't even load those spells anymore. Pots are too cheap and equally effective. I expect the same problem to arise again, except this time we're just doing everything on elite once and done, so I expect him to die. Often and repeatedly. Assuming he doesn't out-level us again, and **** the rest of the group off to the point where we boot him and run with a hireling.

The second time came in Partycrashers. First time in on elite, we wipe quickly. Understandable, since we aren't really an elite group, and I'm probably the one whose run that the most: twice. Go back in on hard, first time we break our streak. However, originally he was insisting on re-entering, saying that it wouldn't affect the xp at all. He argued long and hard that his reentering would not cause any xp loss whatsoever. I responded that people get blacklisted for re-entering quests like that. We recalled out, broke group, and reformed.

Back in; Hallway with the spikes. He could not make the jump in the theater, and so had to go through that hallway. Since we wasted too much time waiting on him to make that jump, the traps reset. So he was well aware of the traps. He couldn't have missed them on his way through.

On the way back through to do the optionals after completion, He died in those same spikes. Insisting that they weren't there the first time, even though I know they were since I had to go back through them to grab a soul stone of the group's AA, and he was goofing off well behind the rest of us because, well I don't know what he was doing to get separated. He also insisted that they could not be bypassed in any way... except that I not only bypassed them, but went back and grabbed the rogue and ranger's soulstones out of them. And the FvS and Wizard both made it by as well. He released, and is now insisting it's a "stupid" quest, and he'll never do it again.

Not the first quest he called stupid because he died and didn't know how to avoid death. Dreaming Dark made mincemeat out of him on the first life, IIRC it was over 20 deaths, and he adamantly refused to set foot into any of the IQ2 quests again. AFAIK, I'm the only one in guild who has run anything in IQ2 since then. A New Invasion, same thing. He went through a portal, got mobbed alone, and didn't want to run it again. Proof is in the Poison? Devil Assault? Yep. Same thing. If it's challenging, he doesn't want to run it. Yet he wants to be considered an elite player.

Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest, and it's definitely a Noob thing going on. Depending on what his response to my last post in the forums is, I may tell him I can pull out of the guild if he likes. Since I'm the most active player in the guild right now, that should take care of his precious CHA shrine nicely.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Community Member

Default Derrick

kk, brt
    OK, cool.

I LMAO that one. But I've got one for you as well. Same quest on elite. Rick and I are duoing it but each brought pocket healers/monkeys to save time since we were both melees with no UMD. We can blow thru stuff faster by not having to stop and drink pots and it's cheaper.

We clear the entire bottom of every single mob and are now heading to the top to get the book. In the halway we start fighting and guess what Rick does? He clicks the wrong button on his pocket monkey and has it summon a Hezru. The Hezru decides to go on a spider killing rage and whacks 3 of them before we can get to the ogres and the one ogre magi who teleprted away so we couldn't kill him to free the spders. So now were down to 2 spiders left. Rick makes his pocket monkey stay so the Hezru will stay as well. We move up a bit and next group of mobs are there. We start fighting and Rick is droppping HP. I guess his pocket monkey was close enough to run up and heal Rick so it does. Guess who follows? Yep! Mr. Hezru, and of course it kills the last 2 spiders. I LMOA. Had it been anyone but Rick I'd have been hot. He had another noob moment too the next night. When I remember it I'll have to post here as it was funny too.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

I'm back after some long break, and decide to tr my cleric into fvs (1st tr ever, as I'm kinda lazyboy when it comes into lvling, so yeah - finally decided to tr).

I got into this trolls quest in house k, zerging out.
    I get to those earth eles, aggroing ALL of them trying to pull the levers.

"OMFG!! SINCE WHEN THEY CAN EARTHGRAB WITH FOM ON?!?!?!?"
    ~DING~
    "@#$% IT!!"
    (I felt so stupid after reading some recent release notes...)

Bad thing, I've not learn, and died on Undermine again from the very same reason...

I join a Mired In Kobolds pug, said I wanna tank the big dragon (I even convinced them to do it, since they didnt wanna at start).
    So we complete the quest and get to the big momma:
    Wizard: "Should I drop a ddoor?"
    Me: "Pffft.. no need..."
    Wizard: "Are you sure we dont need a ddoor?"
    Me: "omg man! I told you no need, lets do this!"
    ~10 Seconds later~
    Me: "ZOMG!!! ddoor!!!! fast!!!!!!"
    ~I manage to enter the ddoor, but 2 die inside~
    Party: "Whats wrong???"
    Me: "Hmmm... I... I'm out of components.... gimme 2 minutes I'll go buy some and come back in "

Good thing, I did manage to tank her, she goes down and I got 2 black scales
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    I'm back after some long break, and decide to tr my cleric into fvs (1st tr ever, as I'm kinda lazyboy when it comes into lvling, so yeah - finally decided to tr).

I got into this trolls quest in house k, zerging out.
    I get to those earth eles, aggroing ALL of them trying to pull the levers.

"OMFG!! SINCE WHEN THEY CAN EARTHGRAB WITH FOM ON?!?!?!?"
    ~DING~
    "@#$% IT!!"
    (I felt so stupid after reading some recent release notes...)

Bad thing, I've not learn, and died on Undermine again from the very same reason...

I join a Mired In Kobolds pug, said I wanna tank the big dragon (I even convinced them to do it, since they didnt wanna at start).
    So we complete the quest and get to the big momma:
    Wizard: "Should I drop a ddoor?"
    Me: "Pffft.. no need..."
    Wizard: "Are you sure we dont need a ddoor?"
    Me: "omg man! I told you no need, lets do this!"
    ~10 Seconds later~
    Me: "ZOMG!!! ddoor!!!! fast!!!!!!"
    ~I manage to enter the ddoor, but 2 die inside~
    Party: "Whats wrong???"
    Me: "Hmmm... I... I'm out of components.... gimme 2 minutes I'll go buy some and come back in "

Good thing, I did manage to tank her, she goes down and I got 2 black scales
    The earth grab thing was funny. Rainbow in the Dark sucks now if you have rusties mixed in and get earth grabbed on the way to the ledge at the end of the tunnel.

XD this is my own story.. i get in this group of normal von 5 and evon 6 few month ago.. and..we all die in normal von 5.. in the lava.. i havce no idea why but we all jump on first sight of lava..XD

Quote Originally Posted by decease View Post
    XD this is my own story.. i get in this group of normal von 5 and evon 6 few month ago.. and..we all die in normal von 5.. in the lava.. i havce no idea why but we all jump on first sight of lava..XD
    Sorry for my misbelieve, but really, a normal lava aint that hurt. And even if you trapped, how come there were no one with ddoor to get you all out?

I once died in normal von5 with my rog, after aggroing dozens of mobs, was w/o fom and couldnt scroll heal myself - it was one funny noob moment.

But for a full group, prepared for evon6, to die in the lava?
    Thats... Interesting...
    Next time please take a picture of it...
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

on a quick elite dq2 run for completion I got called out for being a noob for having both a khopesh and a rapier equiped. I told him to mind his own business its elite dq2 being run by mainly 17-20 level people. Yeah my charactor is currently rapier specced, but the khopesh is a MinII for my next life, (i needed a dr breaker with +4 insight on it) so its keen anyway and the -4 to hit is no problem in elite. Still hit on a 2 with power attack on.

But some people, so worried we will fail because one melee has the wrong gimp weapons in a raid where everyone is several levels higher than the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    on a quick elite dq2 run for completion I got called out for being a noob for having both a khopesh and a rapier equiped. I told him to mind his own business its elite dq2 being run by mainly 17-20 level people. Yeah my charactor is currently rapier specced, but the khopesh is a MinII for my next life, (i needed a dr breaker with +4 insight on it) so its keen anyway and the -4 to hit is no problem in elite. Still hit on a 2 with power attack on.

But some people, so worried we will fail because one melee has the wrong gimp weapons in a raid where everyone is several levels higher than the raid?
    You shoulda just said you were a Helf. Your Human side uses Khopesh and your Elf (Drow) side uses Rapiers.

Bitter sarcasm usually shuts people up.

On my healer (FVS) I have people yell that I did not heal them. I generally let them know I neglected to take the feat : "Heal through Walls".
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    You shoulda just said you were a Helf. Your Human side uses Khopesh and your Elf (Drow) side uses Rapiers.

Bitter sarcasm usually shuts people up.

On my healer (FVS) I have people yell that I did not heal them. I generally let them know I neglected to take the feat : "Heal through Walls".
    What level do you get that feat I need it. I like the Helf comment too.

Community Member

Default See

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post

That's what happens when you hug trees people think you're incompetent. Well in this case they may have been right You running with us Sat. night?

Quote Originally Posted by Ytteri View Post
    I'm consistently amazed that LFMs like that fill at all. If I notice an LFM like that and I'm off timer I'm gonna put one up that says "do what you want with your loot" and maybe rub it in with "if I pull madstones they'll be up for roll."
    Agreed. Life (and logged in playtime) is too short for loot drama.

If I'm leading a party, you can count on your loot being your loot. And if you wanna put it up for roll, it's your rules.

If I need the piece, I'll roll on it, and then try to pick it up in my 20th. Or 40th. Or whenever I next see it.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast