Page 102 of 125 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2496
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    Reaver LFM is up. go to join on my barb that wants some boots.
    leader sends a tell "need boots?"
    "yeah" says I.
    Never a word back. Of course I know why.
    Get on my arti who doesn't need boots.
    click join, get the same tell.
    when I say no, he sends back "pass them to me?"
    hmmmmm yeah whatever, its not like ill pull them anyhow, and I definately dont need them on my arti.
    I was one of the last to join, so we get in, and then comes the moment that made me cringe with hatred.
    (Party): [Party] NAMEOMITTED: HEY GUYS THIS IS MY 2ND RUN SOO I AM NOT THAT BRILIENT WHO WANTS TO TAKE lEAD
    Thankfully the rest of the group all knew reaver back and front, and no one pulled the boots. I felt sick to my stomach with the amount of ignorant audacity of someone who hasn't even run it enough to know it feeling like he's entitled to the loot out of 12 people. >

I'm consistently amazed that LFMs like that fill at all. If I notice an LFM like that and I'm off timer I'm gonna put one up that says "do what you want with your loot" and maybe rub it in with "if I pull madstones they'll be up for roll."
    Last edited by Ytteri; 11-13-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added quote because of new page

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    Reaver LFM is up. go to join on my barb that wants some boots.
    leader sends a tell "need boots?"
    "yeah" says I.
    Never a word back. Of course I know why.
    Get on my arti who doesn't need boots.
    click join, get the same tell.
    when I say no, he sends back "pass them to me?"
    hmmmmm yeah whatever, its not like ill pull them anyhow, and I definately dont need them on my arti.
    I was one of the last to join, so we get in, and then comes the moment that made me cringe with hatred.
    (Party): [Party] NAMEOMITTED: HEY GUYS THIS IS MY 2ND RUN SOO I AM NOT THAT BRILIENT WHO WANTS TO TAKE lEAD
    Thankfully the rest of the group all knew reaver back and front, and no one pulled the boots. I felt sick to my stomach with the amount of ignorant audacity of someone who hasn't even run it enough to know it feeling like he's entitled to the loot out of 12 people. >
    I love LFM's like these or the ones that a certain someone posts offering to buy them for plat. I always hope that I will end up pulling the item in question so I can loot it and then destroy it but so far my wish has not been granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Not understanding you makes them lucky, lucky people.

Community Member

Well, I don't really see anything wrong with the offering to buy ones (mainly cause I just did it for the left pincer of abbot sigil) as long as the offerer doesn't throw a giant hissy fit if a person who pulls decides to do something else with it.

Community Member

Default Honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Ytteri View Post
    Well, I don't really see anything wrong with the offering to buy ones (mainly cause I just did it for the left pincer of abbot sigil) as long as the offerer doesn't throw a giant hissy fit if a person who pulls decides to do something else with it.
    A pincer and a raid loot item are two entirely different things. I don't really agree with either but I would tolerate a sigal piece being bought but not a piece of raid gear.

I think the better way to do it is to just lfm saying you need the piece and will make multiple runs until everyone gets their piece. As long as everyone stays until all get theirs it usually isn't more than 3-4 runs 6 max.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

PuGing Shroud after U12,

Warning, long rant.

Leader is a monk WF, before we start he asks for shards, well more like demand since he "reserved" them.
    On our 1st try part 1 says "brb, getting something to eat" right as we entered the portal, then went to get something to drink, so he didn't do much of anything in part 1, no biggy it happens. When he asked if he could craft I found it kinda rude, no one answered and we moved on.

Part 2, in this part he says he'll take the ele, nothing more (rest of the party divided themselves), I'm on my PM and take crystal... or I would have had he had more dps then my Aura, he couldn't peel him off me so I grabbed ele and got him SE and we finished as usual, leader never stopped hitting the ele even when preped (not that he could drop him anytime soon).

Part 3, asked to be unlocked then stayed by the blue portal that leads to the crafting station (back to the fountain) says "brb, bio". We complete and he starts asking for shards, claiming he reserved them and typing stuff like "I called it *insert name* gimme your shard?".

Part 4, we wipe, not that bad in itself I'm sure many hadn't done Shroud since the update, thou I could have sworn the leader died next to me.

Reform, 2nd try half the party left.

Again he "reserves" and we enter part 1, by now I think that unless he's a smoker he should be set, nope "getting something, brb" punches 2 portals a bit and is visibly afk facing a wall (I check map so 2 casters are not cleaning the same portal). Ask if he could craft, someone points out he can craft after we complete which seems to surprise him, someone even offered to let him use his airship with all the altars if we fail.

Part 2, he asks to be on ele again, having seen his dps I take it, doesn't seem to mind he stays in SE looking at the ele.

Part 3, same as before he asks to be unlocked and stares at blue wall, I run water and see him there every time. We finish and he starts to ask for his "reserved" shards, someone tells him that others may need those shards and that putting them for roll is what is normally done and that we all have already seen his many posts and that he doesn't need to beg, his response is "come on!". At this point I use voice to tell him "why should we give you anything if all you do is pike?" He ask how he's a piker, I answer that he doesn't do anything but sit in a corner, never ran water and barely punched a portal.

His answer: "what if I buy the stuff?" I type "..." and the guy who had offered him to use his ship altars said "that's just, yeah..."

Wipe at part 4, our leader is standing right next to me (remember I'm a PM so nowhere near Harry) empty handed asking for heals and when he died regularly asked "did we win yet?". Everyone left after, I joined another Shroud completed and did a few quests, he still had is Shroud lfm up all this time, no one joined.

I'm a pretty patient guy most of the time before him I had only one guy on my squelch list: a guy who locked 2 out of 3 healers in VoN5 after saying he wouldn't speak with Dwarf, repeatedly . But this guy just made the list.

I joined a VoN 5 Normal VoN 6 Epic the other day on my bard, the quest had major lag so it was all taking much longer than normal for VoN 5, but we weren't full yet so it was alright, then one of the second to last people to join was a wizard (lvl 20 obviously). This is how our exchange went:

Wizard: what house is this in?
    party: are you serious?
    Wizard: is this in meridia?
    party: really? (incredulous awe at noobishness)
    me: have you done this quest before on epic?
    Wizard: yes, but not for some time
    me: ...
    party: ...

The wizard continued to sit in the group for another 10 minutes or so waiting for someone to tell him where the quest was before he finally dropped group (I mean come on... it's called an adventure compendium, look up the quest and see what house favor it is and not to mention it's kinda hard to lose VoN). I only found out later that the party leader hadn't done it before on epic either... So the quest was a total fail, managed to get base 1 fascinated no problem, move to base two and noobs charge the base before the evasionist and the bard manage to prep and fascinate eles after a few tries with people randomly hitting them because they're too close to the djinni (by this time I was out of mana because I was having to heal myself between songs). Get to base 3 and the evasion dies because of lack of heals (party leader who hadn't done it before had only gotten 2 healers) around 3 extra people who should have stayed on other bases had followed even after being told where to stay, and around half the party or more die on base 3... by this time base 1 broke fascinate and killed everyone there. Total wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I'm a pretty patient guy most of the time before him I had only one guy on my squelch list: a guy who locked 2 out of 3 healers in VoN5 after saying he wouldn't speak with Dwarf, repeatedly.
    Wow...I might actually know who that is.

*sigh*

Community Member

Default LFM for Ritaul Sacrifice on elite

I needed to get it done and wasn't in the mood to solo it or put up my own LFM so I hit join. I get declined rather fast. I respond and ask why? The leaders response.

Because I didn't like the name of your guild.

Have you ever ran with anyone from my guild there's only 3 of us?

Nope I just don't like the name.

That was all I needed to know. Started my own group as he waited to fill. Got doen with no worries which is what I should have done in the first place.

Definately one of the more stupid remarks I've heard over the years.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    PuGing Shroud after U12,

I'm a pretty patient guy most of the time before him I had only one guy on my squelch list: a guy who locked 2 out of 3 healers in VoN5 after saying he wouldn't speak with Dwarf, repeatedly . But this guy just made the list.
    wow your more than just patient......... you actually joined his lfm a second time?

Btw did this guy use voice? maybe he was like 8 years old or something? you do get people like that who play.

Quote Originally Posted by jaayse_thorne View Post
    i joined a von 5 normal von 6 epic the other day on my bard, the quest had major lag so it was all taking much longer than normal for von 5, but we weren't full yet so it was alright, then one of the second to last people to join was a wizard (lvl 20 obviously). This is how our exchange went:

Wizard: What house is this in?
    Party: Are you serious?
    Wizard: Is this in meridia?
    Party: Really? (incredulous awe at noobishness)
    me: Have you done this quest before on epic?
    Wizard: Yes, but not for some time
    me: ...
    Party: ...

rotfl!!! +1

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    wow your more than just patient......... you actually joined his lfm a second time?

Btw did this guy use voice? maybe he was like 8 years old or something? you do get people like that who play.
    He didn't use voice but he did feel "young" thou (had some decent gear and stats thou), what can I say I PuG on my 3 clerics, I always give people a second chance and a third, a fourth, a fifth... IF I see they are trying, since he could have been having a case of "bad timing" with calls/hunger/door and so on I joined a second a time.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Shroud run earlier today and Harry's being beaten on just off to the corner of the steps, so nearish the altar, but plenty far enough away for it to not matter.

Noob jumps on mic to tell everyone to get him away from the altar. Why?

"Being near the altar makes him regen!"

~facepalm~
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zigana View Post
    Shroud run earlier today and Harry's being beaten on just off to the corner of the steps, so nearish the altar, but plenty far enough away for it to not matter.

~facepalm~
    Serves you right Char.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Serves you right Char.
    How's it my fault I found the crazy one?!
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Not really a remark however,

On my TR running Offering of Blood I decided to be nice and pug out farm runs to be able to window farm. Had 1 in group with me. Cleric joins I tell him we are in and halfway done make the run out and grab our second run, 5 minites later he says GTG later guys...??

Paly joins, I tell him we are in and make his way out. He steps into desert summons a hireling and then proceeds to die. Releases out and comes back in, I ask do you need help getting to the quest, no reply. He dies again then drops.....

This happens twice more, maybe I smell or something........
    Ceetrepeeo, Diedie, Diediie, Dreamstealer, Eddddiiieee, Eddwina and Jukeboxer.

Member of Wanderlust

Community Member

Default Because

How's it my fault I found the crazy one?!
    You're one of the crazy ones so you attract like minded folks. (Other than me of course.) We need to flag tonight BTW will you be on around 6 Pacific?

Community Member

Is it really too much to ask that you be flagged for a raid before joining a raid group?

Quote Originally Posted by Ytteri View Post
    Is it really too much to ask that you be flagged for a raid before joining a raid group?

You're so mean, you couldn't make the entire party wait 30-40 minutes while he got flagged.... or was dragged through by them.. geez.. where's the humanity..
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

~facepalm~
    Now see here thats what you guys get for doing a shroud without me.

......Oh wait did I black out again
    -Proud driver of Cheffie,Cheffel,Cheffr,Cheoff,Chefb,Chefo and well you get it toons named chef on Kyber -
    The Unofficial Official Hoarder of Kyber "Im not full I just have not grabbed that heroic deeds yet because I need to organize my backpack for it"

Quote Originally Posted by Chefd261 View Post
    Now see here thats what you guys get for doing a shroud without me.

......Oh wait did I black out again
    Actually, I think you were with us on that run. Maybe not. I dunno!! The days are starting to blur together!!

Page 102 of 125 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast