Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2508

Default Wow.

In retrospect, Turbine did a superb job of removing the Platfarmers and I haven't been dunned in Stormreach in a while. I get the feeling (Blind Invites being the main one) that some of the Platfarmers have been trying to get back in, recently.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalih View Post
    Heh...he was a level 9 - sporting full plate (+5 according to myddo). What's sad is that he is a member of a guild, that although small in rank (~40 GL, >100 toons), I recognize the name and know they have been around for a little bit.

I sent a message off to the guild leader just letting him/her know that the guildmates have to resort to begging instead of getting help from within.

This isn't the first time it's happened. Kind of reminds me of a funny story from when I was back in college in Florida...

It was the end of the semester and I had just sold all my books back (whoo! rolling in the money!). I also had a whole bunch of loose change that I was taking to the bank to convert to cash. I didn't have any of the change rollers, and the bank would only take them that way. So the cashier gave me the paper rollers, and instead of going home to do it, I decided to just sit in my car in the bank lot and roll them.

So, It's a beautiful Florida day, I have the driver door open and one foot out as I'm working on rolling my change on the passenger seat. Some bum/panhandler/homeless person come strolling over and is standing a few feet from the door and starts talking to me. It's kind of a surreal moment because I have the radio up real loud and can't hear what he's saying, I just see his lips moving...I'm just thinking in my head that the guy is probably asking me for money (as they always do) and I'm a little upset because he's doing it in the bank lot.

Anyway, after letting him talk and imagining what he's saying in my head for about 15-20 seconds, I turn the car radio down and utter a slightly perturbed "What was that?" The dude then says to me "Ahh...hey man...yeahh...I was comin' over to ask you if you could spare some change for me...but I see that you're rolling your own so you must be pretty hard up yourself!" And with that he turned on his heels and walked away.

Heh...I felt a little bad about it (even though I never give my charity directly to people on the street). Same way that I feel bad not giving 1000 plat (or whatever) to some n00b who just asks for it over trade or PM. But, I guess everyone has to put some work in to get rewards - just like real life.
    I remember back when I started DDO(I started in May 2006, but didn't hit forums til Oct)... I had just gotten the favor for the 5th backpack, and was in a party and had to keep going to sell between quests.. A guy in the party just gave me the 50K plat and the portable hole(which back then was actually quite a bit..) Never forgot that act of kindness, and I've been paying it forward ever since. I've probably given away a billion or so in plat and items over the years since then, but I almost never give anything away if a person asks for it... It's much better when you give without being asked..
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

My silly moment of the evening. In ToD, end of part 2, right before shrining on my FvS I type, "Type any buffs you need before I shrine." Several people asked for some resists. Instead, I waited about 15-30 seconds and shrined without throwing any additional buffs on those who asked.

Likely due to some weird lag thing, I stopped receiving all incoming chat. Voice chat, party chat, user channel chat, etc. They could all see my messages, I couldn't see theirs.

But otherwise, it's just really fun to imagine the noob FvS asking who needs buffs and then ignoring everyone and going on with things. Haha, suckers! No buffs for you!

(I noticed something was up when we sat at the portal to part 3 for ~1-2 minutes in complete and absolute silence. Then I was typing all sorts of nonsense in party chat in part 3. It was, admittedly, quite a bit jarring to be playing what felt like a one-player game with 11 other people in party.)
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)
    The Lifeguard: A Swimcleric build

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I did an entire eChrono (up until wipe on the final boss) seeing no incoming chat and hearing no voice. Thought it was just an awful pug. Instead, I was the awful pug.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinbyrollup View Post
    My silly moment of the evening. In ToD, end of part 2, right before shrining on my FvS I type, "Type any buffs you need before I shrine." Several people asked for some resists. Instead, I waited about 15-30 seconds and shrined without throwing any additional buffs on those who asked.

Likely due to some weird lag thing, I stopped receiving all incoming chat. Voice chat, party chat, user channel chat, etc. They could all see my messages, I couldn't see theirs.

But otherwise, it's just really fun to imagine the noob FvS asking who needs buffs and then ignoring everyone and going on with things. Haha, suckers! No buffs for you!

(I noticed something was up when we sat at the portal to part 3 for ~1-2 minutes in complete and absolute silence. Then I was typing all sorts of nonsense in party chat in part 3. It was, admittedly, quite a bit jarring to be playing what felt like a one-player game with 11 other people in party.)
    I was in an Abbot once, lead by Lacer shortly after he moved to Khyber. After roids, it was quiet. Nothing strange, it usually is as people do the goggles and we wait 5 mins or so.

I got a bit worried when it was 15 minutes and still silence. Then I discover I cannot move! My text in guild and party chat not getting replied to. Then all of a sudden, BAM! I can hear Lacer talking like a chipmunk at a million miles an hour. Holy **** I'm lagging like a mofo! I jump through the portal and throw a few spells around...then we are looting. I still hear Lacer talking like a chipmunk as I collect my end reward. Weirdest lag I have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    I did an entire eChrono (up until wipe on the final boss) seeing no incoming chat and hearing no voice. Thought it was just an awful pug. Instead, I was the awful pug.
    You are still my favourite Arti
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

A cleric responds to our leaders Epic DA lfm with, you *have* to give me 10 pots for me to come. lol, we step into EDA with a cleric doing it on epic for his first time and this is only his second epic. We complete,no pots of course, heaps of sp left over, it was so easy I was falling asleep, oh and our party was a rogue, wizard, bard, monk, ranger and cleric, I dont get those EDA lfms asking for Fighter/Barbarian only and they still got 3 spots open.

Actually I dont get those lfms ive been seeing lately for epics and they excluede bards? I mean you are so worried about epic snitch you won't allow any bard to come? Or you refuse to take any bard, even a spellsinger to epic Chrono? Thats kinda a big nerf to your raid imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalih View Post

Heh...I felt a little bad about it (even though I never give my charity directly to people on the street). Same way that I feel bad not giving 1000 plat (or whatever) to some n00b who just asks for it over trade or PM. But, I guess everyone has to put some work in to get rewards - just like real life.
    But money is a lot easyier to get in game in real life, and its not like your charactor is going to starve or be homeless if he doesnt pay the rent.

I will give wands, pots, plat to newer players who I group with, if I see that they are struggling, and thats how I got handouts when I was a newer player, from grouping with people, I also got advice, in game and in the forums, but I never had to resort to standing around all day in the harbour or the market place spamming the channel asking for handouts. Its a game, its suppose to be fun, standing around asking for plat when you could be adventuring getting some plat instead doesnt sound like much fun.

Unless your a hard out RPer rping a begger charactor?

Community Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    A cleric responds to our leaders Epic DA lfm with, you *have* to give me 10 pots for me to come. lol, we step into EDA with a cleric doing it on epic for his first time and this is only his second epic. We complete,no pots of course, heaps of sp left over, it was so easy I was falling asleep, oh and our party was a rogue, wizard, bard, monk, ranger and cleric, I dont get those EDA lfms asking for Fighter/Barbarian only and they still got 3 spots open.

Actually I dont get those lfms ive been seeing lately for epics and they excluede bards? I mean you are so worried about epic snitch you won't allow any bard to come? Or you refuse to take any bard, even a spellsinger to epic Chrono? Thats kinda a big nerf to your raid imho.
    I will always take a bard into an epic if one is available, extra heals/dps is always good. They are a very versatile class. I just refuse to make one for any thing besides haggle.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post

Right now, the only class that I would actively exclude from Epic quests is Artificer. Everyone else can make their contribution in their own way and do just fine. Never understood those picky LFMs.

Cool

[<Player>] where to get the raid seals? they drop in raid?
    "I don't know half of you half as well as i should like, and i like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
    Right now, the only class that I would actively exclude from Epic quests is Artificer. Everyone else can make their contribution in their own way and do just fine. Never understood those picky LFMs.
    Why?
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

I think there is currently a bug with Arty pets and the epic chest. I think it is linked to the pet and the chest. But it is just easier to prevent them from joining period saddly.

Not a newb statement but a noob act: Died on my sorc after making her first attempt at an epic. Didn't expect to get far, in fact got much much farther than I'd expected. Released, ended up in Meridia. Hopped down off the platform with the tavern. Ding!
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2016 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    This is correct. Fast shrouds are impossible. Turbine needs to nerf the quest, so we can finish it in 6 minutes rather than 10. After over 9000 completions, it tends to get a bit borink.
    Beware what you ask for, for you may get it, and it won't be how you want it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Why?
    because they have not ran with any arty's who are good, pug arty bad artys like artipiker, cleen ect... good!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IbeatonU View Post
    because they have not ran with any arty's who are good, pug arty bad artys like artipiker, cleen ect... good!

Well if he had run with *you* I can understand it :P Aggrim on the other hand : " Hey Aggrim, go solo for us would you? There's a good chap "
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Default Need advice

mid-level, pug, full party, mostly first lifers, I am running a bard.

Me: hey could you throw an elemental damage on this weapon when you have a chance.
    Arti: not from me sorry
    Arti: i kill not help kill
    Me: you can have all my kills :-)
    <no response>

So I first thought "what a noob move", then I thought "maybe he is so uber he just doesn't need anyone else and doesn't care", finally I thought "if he was that uber wouldn't he throw the buff and still win the kill count".

Please advise: noob or uber?

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

Reaver LFM is up. go to join on my barb that wants some boots.
    leader sends a tell "need boots?"
    "yeah" says I.
    Never a word back. Of course I know why.
    Get on my arti who doesn't need boots.
    click join, get the same tell.
    when I say no, he sends back "pass them to me?"
    hmmmmm yeah whatever, its not like ill pull them anyhow, and I definately dont need them on my arti.
    I was one of the last to join, so we get in, and then comes the moment that made me cringe with hatred.
    (Party): [Party] NAMEOMITTED: HEY GUYS THIS IS MY 2ND RUN SOO I AM NOT THAT BRILIENT WHO WANTS TO TAKE lEAD
    Thankfully the rest of the group all knew reaver back and front, and no one pulled the boots. I felt sick to my stomach with the amount of ignorant audacity of someone who hasn't even run it enough to know it feeling like he's entitled to the loot out of 12 people. >

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    Reaver LFM is up. go to join on my barb that wants some boots.
    leader sends a tell "need boots?"
    "yeah" says I.
    Never a word back. Of course I know why.
    Get on my arti who doesn't need boots.
    click join, get the same tell.
    when I say no, he sends back "pass them to me?"
    hmmmmm yeah whatever, its not like ill pull them anyhow, and I definately dont need them on my arti.
    I was one of the last to join, so we get in, and then comes the moment that made me cringe with hatred.
    (Party): [Party] NAMEOMITTED: HEY GUYS THIS IS MY 2ND RUN SOO I AM NOT THAT BRILIENT WHO WANTS TO TAKE lEAD
    Thankfully the rest of the group all knew reaver back and front, and no one pulled the boots. I felt sick to my stomach with the amount of ignorant audacity of someone who hasn't even run it enough to know it feeling like he's entitled to the loot out of 12 people. >

Please pm me the name of this tard as he's made my list for sure.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    It's times like these that I wish you could see more detail for a character's animation. So that if you pulled the boots you could have looted them and then have him watch as you drag to destroy them.

Or, to be nice, pass them off to someone else. After all he was asking people to pass them off to him if someone pulled them, right? No one should have any compunction taking them if they were "passed" by someone else .

I would probably never do this because I don't really enjoy causing additional friction - but I wish someone in the party verbally berated him to maximum extent for such vile behavior.

I guess in the end - if it's someone else's party you obey their rules... however I still think the "do what you want with your loot" trumps all other imperatives.
    Economy of Scale - a guild for those who want the rewards of renown, without the restrictions of a guild. Find us on Khyber

Ilana | Descent | Alkarius

Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast