Time Bandit

Default List of Trap DCs?

Is there a list of trap spot/search/disable DC's? I know I could probably look them up individually on ddowiki, but I don't know if there's been a list compiled of the DCs by quest, difficulty, etc.

YourDDO Creator
    2015 DDO Players Council

Here is a compiled list on DDO Wiki... i can't vouch for it's completeness because I haven't read the entire thing... It seems pretty thourough... You be the judge...

http://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_informat...raps_and_locks

~~EDIT~~

It is not a complete list. But it is a start... Once you hit about level 8 quests it starts to get pretty thin... And there are none past lvl 12...
    Last edited by Silas_O'Reilly; 04-02-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Greensteel Planner, ToD Ring Planner, Server Status, Monster Manual Reference
    I was a Mournlander
    Silas_O'Reilly is now known as Ague in the forums!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Is there a list of trap spot/search/disable DC's? I know I could probably look them up individually on ddowiki, but I don't know if there's been a list compiled of the DCs by quest, difficulty, etc.
    I have learned that when the quest is instantiated the trap DC difficulties are also generated. In my observation and testing skill levels, I have found that for general Normal-Hard-Elite questing you can use the following formula:

Quest Level (e.g. 11 or whatever) * (times) 2.3 = Trap/Search DC difficulty (how much skill you need)

In this example,

Level 8 quest on Normal would need 18.4 (or 18)
    Level 8 quest on Hard (elevating level to 9) would need 20.7 (or 20)
    Level 8 quest on Elite (elevating level to 10) would need 23

This formula has some variation for special areas or locations but generally add +10 would give you an estimated ball-park number. This is why rogues are strongly encouraged their gear to have the best bonuses.

Time Bandit

Thanks for the link! Never came across that one before.

But yes, it's not really filled out, but it's a start.

I am more interested to know the epic DCs, so I know what to shoot for on a build.

Any rogue with maxed equipment for their level should be able to get *most elite traps at level, maybe blow a few boxes for entertainment value.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.