Thread: Crafting Weapon

Community Member

Default Crafting Weapon

I'm getting ready to craft my first greensteel. Do I need to bind it at the Stone of Change? If so will that have any future effects on upgrading the weapon?

Also, I think I'm going with a Lit II. Is the order of tier effects air-good-air? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    I'm getting ready to craft my first greensteel. Do I need to bind it at the Stone of Change? If so will that have any future effects on upgrading the weapon?

Also, I think I'm going with a Lit II. Is the order of tier effects air-good-air? Thanks.
    When you do the first upgrade the weapon binds to char so ,do the binding on the stone of change if you want to do the alchemical enchancements.

On lightning II ethier pos/air/air+pos or air/pos/air+pos will work.
    Last edited by Runehammer; 03-31-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Proud Officer of Forgotten Legion
    Runestaff,Shadowarc,Feena,Gizzzmo

On lightning II ethier pos/air/air or air/pos/air will work.
    Actually, it will be pos/air/air+pos, or air/pos/air+pos, with the Air effect taking priority in the third stage. If you do pos/air/air, you won't get the second Lighting effect (so, no giant thunderbolts).

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Actually, it will be pos/air/air+pos, or air/pos/air+pos, with the Air effect taking priority in the third stage. If you do pos/air/air, you won't get the second Lighting effect (so, no giant thunderbolts).
    Lol, thanks for catching that To early in the morning to be giving out crafting advice
    Proud Officer of Forgotten Legion
    Runestaff,Shadowarc,Feena,Gizzzmo

Community Member

Thanks, one other question. Does it matter which one goes on first? Does holy giving out 2d6 instead of air giving out 1d6 make the holy a better choice? I realize 2d6 is more, but will more enemies be more susceptible to one over the other? Again, thanks.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    Thanks, one other question. Does it matter which one goes on first? Does holy giving out 2d6 instead of air giving out 1d6 make the holy a better choice? I realize 2d6 is more, but will more enemies be more susceptible to one over the other? Again, thanks.
    Yes, it matters. If you choose to go with damage effects only, you basically have the choice between holy/shocking burst or shock/good burst for the first two tiers. Typically the first one is better vs. evil while the latter is better vs. neutral. You pick whichever you like best (I find it less obvious on lightning II than on mineral II because it actually makes sense to use lightning II vs. neutral creatures like elementals).