Default Which direction for Mineral II Khopesh?

So, I've seen umpteen million requests for which type of weapon to choose and only about 99% of those posts say to pick between Mineral II or Lightning II. I understand the reasoning behind that and I agree with it, but I also see many posts advocate for Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast and I've never seen any posts advocate for Acid/Good Burst/Acid Blast.

Why is that? It seems like the Devils' immunity to Acid would make me want to put the "good" damage on the Subjugation Altar part instead of the Invasion Altar part. It would also be nice for hitting Neutral mobs like Elementals and Constructs.

Am I missing something that makes Holy/Acid Burst more attractive than Acid/Good Burst?

Default holy vs acid

Holy is put on the first tier because it does 2 d6 ... as opposed to acid on the first tier, which is only 1 d6 ...

I'd personaly pick Good Burst , because acid and good burst will effect more then. Holy and Acid burst... But like i said it is personal prefences hehe.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

For most builds Holy does better damage than Good burst against evil foes (and acid is too unreliable to really take into account). Since Mineral II is mostly useful against evil stuff (since it won't help with DR on neutral ones), that's why most people go for Holy.

Devils aren't immune to acid, they just have resistance.

The acid burst effect (particularly on an x3 weapon) can be high enough to break past that resistance on a crit.

Community Member

If you are looking to maximize damage against evil creatures, go Good-Acid-Acid/Good
    If you are looking to make a primary weapon that will be effective against the most creatures, go Acid-Good-Acid/Good

if you go G-A-A/G, all non-evil creatures (dogs, spiders, elementals, rats, mephits, etc) will be immune to the holy damage, so it's not a great primary beater. (but they will take damage if it's A-G-A/G)

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demtutor View Post
    Holy is put on the first tier because it does 2 d6 ... as opposed to acid on the first tier, which is only 1 d6 ...
    But by the time you can put the first tier on, you almost always have enough ingediants to go straight to second tier. Doesn't that change things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    But by the time you can put the first tier on, you almost always have enough ingediants to go straight to second tier. Doesn't that change things?
    Some people also craft it all in one single shroud...

Personally I prefer acid/good/acid+good but then again I use them more as a general beater there are other things in game have DR besides devils - Demons come to mind... also at the time I built mine Run with devils was still quite popular... Interestingly still a Min II is still more than a devil beater even after the switch from transmutting to metalline it is a general good all purpose weapon.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post
    Personally I prefer acid/good/acid+good but then again I use them more as a general beater there are other things in game have DR besides devils - Demons come to mind... also at the time I built mine Run with devils was still quite popular...
    What kind of neutral creature has DR that mineral II helps bypass? (AFAIK Eladrins in Running with the Devils are good-aligned, so both holy and good burst are pointless)

What kind of neutral creature has DR that mineral II helps bypass?
    Golems...that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Golems...that's about it.
    Eladrins also, your Mineral II counts as evil also (because it's greensteel).
    Be careful what you say and how you say, especially when you add lib details. It come back and bite you...

Eladrin aren't neutral.