Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    And no Spell points for arrow imbues.

A full 20 Ranger is VERY versatile, I've gotten too spoiled by my self-buffage that I might regret my next toon being mostly fighter.

Do all the Kensai abilities make up for the +14 FE damage? Ranger 20s have 5 FEs and with feat-swappage you can have everything you need covered.

Not true. You can easily get an archmagi item (devils area belt) and a greensteel sp boost mod to encorporate along with mental toughness and improved mental toughness (since your a fighter you will have a lot of feats to pick). If you are dedicated, you can farm a bauble from weapon shipment to have a clickie renew sp item (since it does 300-500 sp renewal) You will be in the 300-400 range. I am not saying it is better or worse than a pure lvl 20 elf ranger, but if your going to go with a lvl 18 fighter, you might as well go 20 and get the fighter capstone and an extra feat.

And yes, the Kensai feats do add up to be quite nice. Surge and the +1 crit range is pretty good. I may reroll one of my lvl 20 AA's into a sorc and then into a pure lvl 20 fighter. If i don't like, he goes back to lvl 20 ranger.
    Last edited by barecm; 04-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Not true. You can easily get an archmagi item (devils area belt) and a greensteel sp boost mod to encorporate along with mental toughness and improved mental toughness (since your a fighter you will have a lot of feats to pick). If you are dedicated, you can farm a bauble from weapon shipment to have a clickie renew sp item (since it does 300-500 sp renewal) You will be in the 300-400 range. I am not saying it is better or worse than a pure lvl 20 elf ranger, but if your going to go with a lvl 18 fighter, you might as well go 20 and get the fighter capstone and an extra feat.

And yes, the Kensai feats do add up to be quite nice. Surge and the +1 crit range is pretty good. I may reroll one of my lvl 20 AA's into a sorc and then into a pure lvl 20 fighter. If i don't like, he goes back to lvl 20 ranger.
    wrong, as long you dont have a class to give any base sp, no feat and item of the world will grant you any sp
    confirmed by eladrin
    or to test it yourself: equip any power item on your pure fighter. do you get sp?
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    wrong, as long you dont have a class to give any base sp, no feat and item of the world will grant you any sp
    confirmed by eladrin
    or to test it yourself: equip any power item on your pure fighter. do you get sp?
    Past life sorc, Arcane Prodigy.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Past life sorc, Arcane Prodigy.
    which doesnt give any sp unless you have some already
    reading comprehension ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't have any spell points to power your Arcane Archer abilities as a pure class fighter, even with Arcane Prodigy - like the Past Life, the spell points are only granted to those that actually possess a spell point pool.

The thought was that Arcane Prodigy is "Mental Toughness Plus", so if Mental Toughness was a valid prereq, it should be one too.
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Member

My opinion on the subject of AA ranger vs kensai is this:

Either version can range and with proper EDs/Feats can have the best burst DPS in the game.

Either version can melee and have decent DPS with proper EDs/Feats.

The BIGGEST difference for me is do you plan to TR into another ranged toon? If so the PL Ranger outweighs the PL Fighter tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    The BIGGEST difference for me is do you plan to TR into another ranged toon? If so the PL Ranger outweighs the PL Fighter tremendously.
    The biggest difference is the ranger can heal himself with blue-bar.

Last post (aside from these two): 04-02-2010, 07:23 AM
    Guys, 3 year necro. Just let it die.. please..

Arise chicken arise!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Why? It's still relevant discussion. Especially with the ENH pass making some builds more/less viable.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 06-25-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Why? It's still relevant discussion. Especially with the ENH pass making some builds more/less viable.
    After the EP there wont BE a Ranger capstone anymore....or rather, there'll be 3 capstones, none of which grant you a bonus to Ranged attack speed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_206 View Post
    losing 25% attack rate would allways be a reduction in dps...
    Capstone is very nice for AA, but they are still underpowered unfortunatly.
    False .....

Compared to casters yes ...... BUT a well played / built archer can hold their own against most other classes.

I am currently running 14 different archer builds between lvls 5-25 ..... All different builds but only one pure AA ..... I definitely miss the capstone / AA ring set on that toon BUT the X classes do way more damage
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    After the EP there wont BE a Ranger capstone anymore....or rather, there'll be 3 capstones, none of which grant you a bonus to Ranged attack speed anymore.
    Really ????

Brutal !!!

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Haha ..... Sorry about that ..... Regardless I still obtained new capstone info it seems

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Community Member

As long as the dead thread walks I'll ask a semi-related question.

Does the alacrity on Pinion stack with capstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post

I've still yet to get one of those across my 6 archers currently running CITW ....... But talking with guildies I have heard it stacks

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Somewhere in the land of rain, trees, and flannel. Could it get any worse? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post

According to my friend, who's AA is a multiclass toon, I shoot faster (and we both have pinion).

Oh and the capstone core ability for AAs in the new enhancement pass is a 10% doubleshot chance. I had some nice numbers floating up with that and many shot and slayer arrows going off. I'm not entirely sure about the new enhancment lines, but there were some interesting things.
    Last edited by Brattyone; 07-02-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    Khyber - Flirtybratt (8/6/6 rogue/ranger/monk), Bratttt (pure rogue assassin) & various other toons with brat in the name. I am, of course, the brat in BrattyTop!

Quote Originally Posted by Diib View Post
    Seriously, if you want to max damage on an aa go elf fighter 18/2 any caster. Take kensai III in longbow, pick up bonuses to hit and damage with longbows out of elf as well, and max aa enhancements.

Edit - not only are you getting all the kensai/elf bonuses to longbows, you can take every archery feat AND still pick up wep spec and greater weapon spec in longbows.
    Agreed 100% ..except for the 2 lvls of any caster part

Here is what you want

18 Fighter ( Kensai 3 )

1 Ranger ( Free rapid shot and ..... cant remember other lol )

1 Druid ( Mana bar AND Rams might )..

My Kensai III AA does waaaay more DPS than the pure AA ....

My 2nd Kensai III AA has a little less STR but has the AA ring set .... fun as well

regardless ..... have fun playing what you like. My guild has become used to my 16 active toons never using melee weapons ever ..... really ..... ever !!!

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123