Thread: shroud hp item

Default shroud hp item

Hi, I want to craft a gs necklace for my hp item but I'm not quite sure of what to add, I was thinking 3xpos or 3xair (specially this one as it requires less large scales)...is any of those a good choice? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

What kind of character? Necklace may be a very bad slot. many of the TOD Sets use Necklace.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Rogue...haven't checked on ToD sets but neck and cloack are about the only ones i can give up...well, maybe gloves and change to disable ones when needed.

ROgue sets are Belt/Ring...

Many of the necklaces are still nice for a rogue though. Make sure you dont need that sot for CON.

I'd go with AIR/AIR/AIR or EARTH/EARTH/EARTH for a SIngle shard tier 3 item.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Better go for cloak, bunch of useful necklaces already. Agreed with Impaqt on single shard. On double shard, radiance guard is always useful on a rogue

cloak is a good slot on rogues. air/air/air is good. earth/earth/earth is good. If you have the ingredients, consider a smoke cloak--perma blur, +6 dex skills, +45 hps
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

usually bracers or goggles are first choices for GS items.

You have a few choices for HP items.
    First big choice is whether to make it a 2 shard (concordant opposition) item.
    Conc Opp will return health and SP when hit, but requires double the tier 3 materials.
    Second choice is dependent on first -
    if you go conc opp, you have to choose to focus on Con or Str based skills (ie jump/balance or concentration)
    If you go single shard tier 3, you have to decide what clicky you want.. common choices are haste or raise dead.. haste gives the air guard (3x air), raise dead gives disruption guard (3x pos). Each will also decide whether focus is on con or str skills.

There are other choices, but it seems these are the best out there. Conc Opp is very nice but 12 more large ingredients sucks, particularly if you are making 2x double shard weapons too.. be prepared for 30-40 shroud runs and still being way short on materials.

edit - for rogue, air is great because of the haste and knockdown. Raise dead not a big deal because of UMD. Conc opp is always good for hp return. earthgrab guard rocks with autocrits, but rogues usually have 30% crit anyway.. still awesome. Plus many guards can be put on your dragontouched armor, so there is room for variety. Oh and with air or smoke you can do dex skills.. not that you really need them..
    Last edited by Angar; 03-26-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Yeah, was thinking of a single shard since I don't have a huge amount of large ingredients (got almost no left after making my radII rapier), as for the bracers/googles I'm trying to get Tharne's set so I don't plan on giving up those slots.

I'll also take the chance to ask if it'd be useful to craft another gs with +6cha skills for umd since I don't have access to 7 fingered gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by xrampage View Post
    Yeah, was thinking of a single shard since I don't have a huge amount of large ingredients (got almost no left after making my radII rapier), as for the bracers/googles I'm trying to get Tharne's set so I don't plan on giving up those slots.

I'll also take the chance to ask if it'd be useful to craft another gs with +6cha skills for umd since I don't have access to 7 fingered gloves.
    My rogue has 2 gs accessories: smoke cloak with +45 hps; and necklace (triple air) with +6 cha skills (and haste clickies). I swap for other necklaces as needed (silver flame) without any issue since the cha skills don't need to be on all the time. The hp on the cloak stays on all the time.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Triple earth provides a Dense Earth Elemental and a Earthgrab Proc. Earthgrabbed= AUto Crit. Its really nice and the earth ele is great fro drawing aggro.

Triple AIr has a Haste Proc and a Knockdwon proc and Haste CLicky also very handy for a rogue.

Never would recommend a CO for a ROgue..... DOesnt make sense. You dont have Spell Points and the Hit Points dont proc enough to be useful.

Radiance is #1 Dual shard. the proc rate is Very high. SMoke is nice as well, but really can be emulated with a blur wand 90%+ of the time.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Well, think I'll go for a gs cloak for hp as I never change that slot, then I'll go neck for cha skills. Thanks a lot for feedback guys