Community Member

Default feat GTWF or Improved Critical ?

Which is better to rise overall damage, Greater Two Weapon Fight or Improved Critical ?

What class are you? What weapons are you using?

If you are, say, a monk using handwraps GTWF hands down. It may be different for other classes that use weapons with a higher crit range. Really I'd try to fit them both in though.

If you could only pick one, I'd say GTWF as Improved Crit can be replaced with Keen/Impact weapons. It's harder to get good weapons with Keen on it, but it can be done.
    Last edited by Phidius; 03-24-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Impact for bludgeon...
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Take GTWF...the extra damage is consistent.

Scratt for president!!!!

I'd say GTWF in almost every situation. The only time that comes to mind that i might be swayed the other way is on a rogue with dual radiance II items.

Community Member

Maybe compare:

Improved Critical (1/2/3/4/5 attacks with double range) or GTWF (1/2/3/4/5/6 attacks with normal range), then for max damage and critic chance, will be 5 x 2 x R to 6 x R, 10 x R to 6 x R, Improved Critical is better.