Default Half-Orc and the Orc Double Axe

So with Half-Orc headed this way...

Will we get the Orc Double Axe?

For those that do not know...

1d8/1d8 x3

It is a staff with an axe head on both ends. It is a racial weapon.

It also DOES NOT require exotic weapon Prof for Half-Orcs if the Half-Orc has Martial Weapon Prof.

Also you DO NOT suffer the minus to attack with using 2 large weapons (or a non-light weapon in your off-hand)

This would baisically put Half-Orc on par with a Human as far as feats go for RNGs or any other 2WF

You would not *need" OTWF (though a lotta builds do not choose this feat anyway)

I would really like to see this weapon introduced. It is a BIG racial bonus weapon as Dwarven Axe and Elf scmis and Drow Rapiers/shortswords.

But the most important reason to add this feat/weapon...It would look freaking awesome.

What's everyone's thoughts to this?
    Last edited by Bacab; 03-24-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    So with Half-Orc headed this way...

Will we get the Orc Double Axe?

For those that do not know...

1d8/1d8 x3

It is a staff with an axe head on both ends. It is a racial weapon.

It also DOES NOT require exotic weapon Prof for Half-Orcs if the Half-Orc has Martial Weapon Prof.

Also you DO NOT suffer the minus to attack with using 2 large weapons (or a non-light weapon in your off-hand)

This would baisically put Half-Orc on par with a Human as far as feats go for RNGs or any other 2WF

You would not *need" OTWF (though a lotta builds do not choose this feat anyway)

I would really like to see this weapon introduced. It is a BIG racial bonus weapon as Dwarven Axe and Elf scmis and Drow Rapiers/shortswords.

But the most important reason to add this feat...It would look freaking awesome.

What's everyone's thoughts to this?
    Wouldn't it be easier to make it a 2d8 x3 2h weapon?
    Thelanis - Kyrnis 16 Wiz / 2 Rogue (trap/locksmith)
    Thelanis - Kyrven Blade 20 FvS (melee/heal)
    Thelanis - Kyrse 20 Monk (dark) (current main)
    -- Timezone: UTC +8, plays weekday evenings, weekend random. Very bad Alt-itis habit. --

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrn View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to make it a 2d8 x3 2h weapon?
    That would be BROKEN! More likely, they will give orcs a free OTWF feat with battleaxes only, and racial bonuses to axe damage like a dwarf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Not Falchion?

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    That would be BROKEN! More likely, they will give orcs a free OTWF feat with battleaxes only, and racial bonuses to axe damage like a dwarf.
    I was thinking with a penalty to attackspeed just as how quarterstarves attack faster (I think). Admittedly if it attacks at the same speed as the non-quarterstaff weapons it would be overpowered..
    Thelanis - Kyrnis 16 Wiz / 2 Rogue (trap/locksmith)
    Thelanis - Kyrven Blade 20 FvS (melee/heal)
    Thelanis - Kyrse 20 Monk (dark) (current main)
    -- Timezone: UTC +8, plays weekday evenings, weekend random. Very bad Alt-itis habit. --

I think I hate the double weapon mechanic even before it was introduced.

But good luck.

PS. Staffs aren't a problem, even polearms/spears with a butt spike, much further though and you get into the realm of silly. Sort of like some "fantasy" swords with guards that bite into you if you swing them, or worse "sword-chucks"
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post

If pretty much anyone else said this I would take the "wait and see attitude"

*BUT*

Trillea has been correct (ahead of schedule...think hes an undercover DEV) many times before. Is this confirmed? Or just speculation. I agree Trillea that you are prolly right and that is what I speculate will happen (and also Falchions), but this is more of a plea/begging for Orc Double Axes.

Maybe if enough people /sign this...Turbine/Devs will consider making it? Plus I would just generally like more weapon choices (hate the freaking Khopesh).

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    If pretty much anyone else said this I would take the "wait and see attitude"

*BUT*

Trillea has been correct (ahead of schedule...think hes an undercover DEV) many times before. Is this confirmed? Or just speculation. I agree Trillea that you are prolly right and that is what I speculate will happen (and also Falchions), but this is more of a plea/begging for Orc Double Axes.

Maybe if enough people /sign this...Turbine/Devs will consider making it? Plus I would just generally like more weapon choices (hate the freaking Khopesh).
    Heh thank you, I can assure you I am not a Dev, just going by years of D&D and gaming experience in general, with a bit of business sense and common sense thrown into the mix. I think the common sense is what throws my predictions off the most tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I don't see how this weapon would be overpowered...

One of the versions of it is a 2d6 x3 critical... The Rahl's Might is a 1d10 x3 Critical...

Now, I don't know how the mechanics on it would work, but either way, I would LOVE to have it on my Half Orc... So I hope we do see it!
    Dynacel (12 Pal/6 Rgr/2 Mnk), Eminence (18 Evoker FvS/2 Mnk), Janaya (12 Mnk, 6 Rgr, 2 Ftr Arcane Archer), Nymari (18/2 Druid Monk), Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't PnP treat Qstaffs as 2WF based on the fact you can strike with both ends of the staff?

If so I don't see this as overpowered, it would actually make a nice change from all the khopesh builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    DDO players dont ragequit. They ragejoin. Boycotting around these parts means play something as much as possible, then post that we hate it.