Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Menace of the Underdark special edition!

Level 19 (2)
    1354 - The Riddle (Normal)
    1024 - Murder By Night (Normal)
    Level 21 (0)
    6236 - The Unquiet Graves (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    4622 - Impossible Demands (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    2240 - The Battle for Eveningstar (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    1992 - Beyond the Rift (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    1627 - The Lost Thread (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    Level 22 (0)
    6178 - The House of Rusted Blades (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    4857 - The House of Death Undead (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    2531 - The House of Broken Chains (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    2120 - Don't Drink the Water (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    1458 - In The Belly of the Beast (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    1415 - The Portal Opens (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    Level 23 (0)
    2610 - The Deal and the Demon (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    2607 - Reclaiming the Rift (Epic) (EpicNormal)
    1750 - Trial By Fury (Epic) (EpicNormal)

Level 19
    Murder By Night (Video)
    6:41 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus, First Time Bonus]
    6847 EXP (Base 3705, x1.45 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +20% from optionals)
    1024 EXP per Minute

The Riddle (Video)
    5:27 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Discreet, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus, First Time Bonus]
    7380 EXP (Base 4393, x1.5 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    1354 EXP per Minute

Level 21
    Beyond the Rift (Epic) (Video)
    14:17 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Discreet, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    28459 EXP (Base 20328, x1.25 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    1992 EXP per Minute

Impossible Demands (Epic) (Video)
    5:22 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    24803 EXP (Base 13670, x1.2 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +42% from optionals)
    4622 EXP per Minute

The Battle for Eveningstar (Epic) (Video)
    11:31 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Aggression, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    25800 EXP (Base 17720, x1.3 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    2240 EXP per Minute

The Lost Thread (Epic) (Video)
    18:12 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Perception, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    29616 EXP (Base 17060, x1.3 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +25% from optionals)
    1627 EXP per Minute

The Unquiet Graves (Epic) (Video)
    3:09 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Discreet, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    19642 EXP (Base 14030, x1.25 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    6236 EXP per Minute

Level 22
    Don't Drink the Water (Epic) (Video)
    9:52 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    20918 EXP (Base 15564, x1.2 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    2120 EXP per Minute

In The Belly of the Beast (Epic) (Video)
    17:19 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    25248 EXP (Base 17078, x1.2 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +12% from optionals)
    1458 EXP per Minute

The House of Broken Chains (Epic) (Video)
    10:37 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Discreet, Perception, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    26867 EXP (Base 15992, x1.35 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +15% from optionals)
    2531 EXP per Minute

The House of Death Undead (Epic) (Video)
    4:23 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Devious, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    21292 EXP (Base 14969, x1.27 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    4857 EXP per Minute

The House of Rusted Blades (Epic) (Video)
    3:35 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Devious, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    22138 EXP (Base 15564, x1.27 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    6178 EXP per Minute

The Portal Opens (Epic) (Video)
    16:29 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    23328 EXP (Base 17357, x1.2 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus)
    1415 EXP per Minute

Level 23
    Reclaiming the Rift (Epic) (Video)
    10:37 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    [Conquest, Flawless Victory, Persistence, Heroic Inspiration, Artifact Bonus, Potion Bonus]
    27675 EXP (Base 16150, x1.45 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +8% from optionals)
    2607 EXP per Minute

The Deal and the Demon (Epic) (Video)
    8:48 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    22972 EXP (Base 16150, x1.2 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +7% from optionals)
    2610 EXP per Minute

Trial By Fury (Epic) (Video)
    14:14 - Finish Quest
    Rating:
    24910 EXP (Base 16598, x1.25 bonus, x1.12 mult bonus, +9% from optionals)
    1750 EXP per Minute
    Last edited by MrCow; 06-29-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Something seems to be wrong with your Impossible Demands video, it's just showing as "An error occurred during validation".

Also I note you had the same problem we did with the Priestess of Lloth sacrificing things that were no where nearby during the Battle of Eveningstar. Real fun on eHard since there are 3 or 4 more Priestesses as trash mobs there.

Also you have the quest The House of Death Undone listed as The House of Death Undead in your listing here, video name on youtube is the correct name though.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Community Member

Dear Mr. Cow:

Not sure if you read this any more, but will post anyway in hopes that you do.

1. If you had to choose between Hide and Move Silently, which would be better to take ?

2. I you had to choose between Spot and Search, which would be better to take ?

3. When you are ready to level do you do it right away or do you bank the experience ?

4. How importance is Jump, Balance, and Tumble for a flesh or nonflesh melee - I know you only play Warforged, but your opinon would be appreciated. Just wished they made the Warforged smaller.

Lethe - The Half-elf

Quote Originally Posted by notroh
    If you had to choose between Hide and Move Silently, which would be better to take ?
    Move Silently by far. Hide hasn't been a skill with high value since Module 9 (several years ago), as currently it is used only when in sneaking in bright light (of which accounts for a small amount of quests).

I you had to choose between Spot and Search, which would be better to take ?
    Spot, as seeing hiding critters allows you to anticipate them, as well as target them while they are hiding (a common advantage for any character in several situations). Search's prime function is for locating trap boxes (which may be of importance if your character can disarm traps, in which case Search would probably be of value over Spot).

When you are ready to level do you do it right away or do you bank the experience ?
    Depends on my mood. I don't worry too much about level banking. It is a mix of impatience for upcoming character abilities and equipment and apathy towards the fact that the leveling might be slightly longer.

How importance is Jump, Balance, and Tumble for a flesh or nonflesh melee
    Some ranks in Jump can be handy on the melee types for dispel-heavy situations, as having mobility is a major boon in DDO.

Having some ranks in Balance often important to come back after being knocked prone, and melee types are likely to be subject to more knockdown attempts as they are often in close proximity to things that can perform knockdowns.

A single rank in Tumble is generally the way to go so you can perform a tumble, as well as apply any modifiers to Tumble (such as Dexterity or Greater Heroism) to reduce falling damage (from reverse gravity or due to the fact that some situations are simply faster when leaving feather falling off).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

Dear Mr. Cow:

I thank you for your prompt, kind, and informative reply - I will modify my build to take advantage of your replies and I will just level when I feel like it and not worry.

I would like to ask you this:

1. I noticed that your character was True Neutral, is there a reason for this by chance ?

2. For a melee is UMD important - I noticed that you did not use UMD at all. Any particular reason ?

3. Do you use the mouse to click on the Icons that are on your quickbars or do you have them set to different keys ?

4. I also noticed that you do not have any Wilderness quest in your quest list. Any reason ?

5. For a first timer would these be beneficial to complete ?

I am watching your videos so many of my questions about the quests are answer by watching these several times if necessary and have pick up some pointers.

Lethe - The Half-Elf

I noticed that your character was True Neutral, is there a reason for this by chance ?
    The character is Lawful Neutral. Lawful due to the monk requirement. Neutral (on the Good-Evil axis) to negate unholy damage (eternal archers, zakya cultists, Queen Lailat, etc.) that would have otherwise been faced with a Good alignment.

For a melee is UMD important - I noticed that you did not use UMD at all. Any particular reason ?
    The character would not have gotten to a good UMD skill score by the end of its career. A combination of Cure Serious Wounds wands, potions, and Fists of Light were generally enough for the content the character ran anyhow (Normal Difficulty).

Do you use the mouse to click on the Icons that are on your quickbars or do you have them set to different keys ?
    I have one hotbar that is setup to keyboard keys (the top-centered one that generally contains things like Trip, Stunning Fist, etc.) where either my most-used abilities or important combat-centric abilities go. The rest I use the mouse to click to activate.

I also noticed that you do not have any Wilderness quest in your quest list. Any reason ?
    As far as I'm concerned, wilderness areas aren't quests. They are transitional areas with hostile critters, and I treat most of the areas as such (blazing through them). Once I've gone through a wilderness area multiple times I tend to ignore the bulk of it, as I've done the sight-seeing aspect and they generally have a poor return in regards to Experience compared to standard quests.

I am watching your videos so many of my questions about the quests are answer by watching these several times if necessary and have pick up some pointers.
    If you are watching the melee-based DDO videos, keep in mind that as quests came out I had a different cast of characters during those time-frames. They aren't played by the same character, so there is the Monk/Ranger from this Diary of a True Reincarnate, a 6 Ranger/4 Bard for the Red Fens quests (and the Siege on Stormreach series), a Paladin/Monk in a few assorted quests, and a 12 Ranger/4 Monk/4 Rogue in the Menace of the Underdark quests.
    Last edited by MrCow; 07-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Server - Thelanis

Community Member

Dear Mr. Cow:

Again thank you for your kind and informative reply to my questions.

I appolize for making you repeat the information about the UMD, I thought I had read it before, but chalk it up to a Senior Moment. Have now read thru the complete thread.

Just wondered about the Ranger/Bard, did it turn out to be 12 Ranger/6 Bard, if you took it to level 20.

Well hopfull by choosing True Netural, I did not mess up to baddly.

I will read all the rest of the Diaries and then maybe have some other questions.

But I am hopeful that by watching the videos most of my other questions will be answered.

Again I wish to thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Lethe, The Half-Elf

Do you run for bravery bonus or simply norm at one level over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Do you run for bravery bonus or simply norm at one level over?
    Starting at post 5 you can see what difficulties he ran on. This journal predates bravery bonus though so it was not a consideration at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Starting at post 5 you can see what difficulties he ran on. This journal predates bravery bonus though so it was not a consideration at the time.
    Thank you that is what I was looking for.

Is it still possible to run like this without bravery going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Thank you that is what I was looking for.

Is it still possible to run like this without bravery going?
    If anything it should be easier now then it was then since there are more quests. You will have to do a lot more repeats than someone who uses bravery bonus though, to make up for the missed xp bonus.

EDIT: Compare the number of times a quest is run to one of his later journals with bravery bonus.
    Last edited by Krelar; 03-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678