Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani
    Nice MrCow, 91 hours is great. Your arcane diary was 80 someodd hours in quests? I thought the melee would take far longer than it did.
    Aye, I thought the melee-based one was going to take quite a bit longer as well. It is hard to measure, but the combination of monk speed, abundant step, and Ranger Sprint Boost had quite a bit to play in the time savings compared to other melee types (Ranger Sprint Boost alone was somewhere around 4 to 5 hours saved from the ~4000 times I activated it in this diary).

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani
    So bard is your next TR, or ranger?
    Bard was completed early this morning. My plan is currently Paladin -> Ranger -> Cleric (Diary) -> Favored Soul -> Sorcerer -> Completionist complete.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Ah nice, I like that you are going to round everything off with a divine caster diary. Just out of curiosity, why does the cleric get the diary instead of the favored soul you are planning?

The way I'm going to handle the divine diary is very different from the first two, but I won't spoil the plans on why it will be different or why I'm doing it as a cleric and not a favored soul.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

If you weren't a bovine I'd kiss you

Thanks mate, so much work!

Quote Originally Posted by kyebosh
    If you weren't a bovine I'd kiss you
    Is that all that is stopping you from kissing me? I've been told its better than kissing a dwarf.
    Server - Thelanis

this and the other diary were most excellent. +1 rep everytime it will let me. Gotten a few levels on my arcane and 2 melees watching these and soloing stuff I did not think I could. Can not wait for the next diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

Community Member

This and Arcane thread are just outstanding. It really helped me when I had troubles to solo (duo) some quests or when I wanted to efficiently level a character. Just to correct some errors: you probably didn't run on level 12 From Beyond the Grave on Nx9 but rather And the Dead shall Rise.

Quote Originally Posted by tuta
    Just to correct some errors: you probably didn't run on level 12 From Beyond the Grave on Nx9 but rather And the Dead shall Rise.
    Those are not errors. I did run each of those quests several times on normal (most of the And the Dead Shall Rise runs took place when I was level 11). It may not be a standard quest, but I had my reasons for running From Beyond the Grave several times in succession.
    Last edited by MrCow; 06-23-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Server - Thelanis

Great series (+1 and a little bit of necro) but..
    Am I reading this incorrectly?
    For level 12( http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=39)
    27 quest completions.
    as a first time reincarnate I need about 190K Xp to go from 12-13.
    190/27 = 7k and change needed per quest.

I'm not getting nearly that running the quests that you have listed even with a 20% Xp pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse
    Am I reading this incorrectly?
    For level 12( http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=39)
    27 quest completions.
    as a first time reincarnate I need about 190K Xp to go from 12-13.
    190/27 = 7k and change needed per quest.

I'm not getting nearly that running the quests that you have listed even with a 20% Xp pot.
    I had a rather hefty amount of EXP already from level 11's set of quests ran (several runs of And the Dead Shall Rise..., The Shadow Crypt, and The Jungles of Khyber).
    Server - Thelanis

Community Member

I've watched your video on the Tomb of the Shadow King quest and I see you didn't train him to the East to get him trapped in the light like the quest wants you to do. If he is invulnerable until you do that how were you able to just beat him down? Or is it that he isn't invulnerable, he just has high DR and you broke his DR. If so, what is his DR?

Quote Originally Posted by GoganTX View Post
    I've watched your video on the Tomb of the Shadow King quest and I see you didn't train him to the East to get him trapped in the light like the quest wants you to do. If he is invulnerable until you do that how were you able to just beat him down? Or is it that he isn't invulnerable, he just has high DR and you broke his DR. If so, what is his DR?
    You know, I've never done this fight "correctly" since he burns so nicely in a maximized wall of fire. He's clearly not invulnerable.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

thanks the info here is helping me with my melee TR

Quote Originally Posted by GoganTX
    I've watched your video on the Tomb of the Shadow King quest and I see you didn't train him to the East to get him trapped in the light like the quest wants you to do. If he is invulnerable until you do that how were you able to just beat him down?
    Nsu has been fickle about his invulnerability for a rather long time (ever since they played with the scripting that made inactive monsters invulnerable until they were triggered). Sometimes you can just beat Nsu down right where he pops out, sometimes you have to make him vulnerable with a burst of light.
    Server - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Nsu has been fickle about his invulnerability for a rather long time (ever since they played with the scripting that made inactive monsters invulnerable until they were triggered). Sometimes you can just beat Nsu down right where he pops out, sometimes you have to make him vulnerable with a burst of light.
    In all my runs since he first started being vulnerable, I've never trained him to the light room. Maybe a fireball or scorching ray counts as a burst of light, as if the firewall wont hurt him, one of those two spells always will.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

Hmm, since I'm a pure melee character I don't have access to either Firewall, Scorching Ray, or Searing Light. But I do have some stacks of these laying around:

A Fernia, the Sea of Fire Jelly Cake (caster level 15 Scorching Ray)
    An Irian, the Eternal Day Jelly Cake (caster level 5 Searing Light)
    A Mabar, the Endless Night Jelly Cake (caster level 10 Enervation)
    A Queen Lailat, the Marilith Gingerbread Cookie (caster level 15 Blade Barrier)

Those should work for me, right? I might even be able to get away with using just one of the Searing Light cakes if it breaks his DR and makes him hittable with normal weapons...

Community Member

This is exactly what I do in games, and you have just saved me an untold amount of time.... I salute you!

Best thread on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Is that all that is stopping you from kissing me? I've been told its better than kissing a dwarf.
    Actually the Mr is what stopped me.

Hey MrCow, my TR farmed Raiyum 8x yesterday and I was watching your videos to see how I could cut down on some of that time. Like you, I am a WF monk, though I am dark/str con based and it appears you are light and dex/wis? I had a few questions:

1) How do you bypass the djinns?
    2) What are the 3 docents you keep rotating?
    3) What are you wearing instead of Jidz? I assume armor bracers?

Thanks very much for the videos. Your pit video helped me learn how to run that quest
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

Quote Originally Posted by Srozbun
    I had a few questions
    Being that was uploaded some 5 or so months ago I'll answer as well as I can off of memory.

How do you bypass the djinns?
    The seals that were obtained from my prior runs in the Tomb of Rahmat and Tomb of Kourush.

What are the 3 docents you keep rotating?
    Giantcrafted Docent and 2 separate Titanic Docents.

What are you wearing instead of Jidz? I assume armor bracers?
    Levik's Bracers.
    Server - Thelanis

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast