Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

It has been a few days, so I'm guessing either you took a little break or your hitting a snag. Either way I just want to say I love these thread and they have helped me understand man a quest.
    Brotherhood of the Blood Xoriat
    We are the blood,
    We are the madness,
    WE ARE XORIAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydlic
    It has been a few days, so I'm guessing either you took a little break or your hitting a snag.
    Actually, another project has been consuming my time, so I haven't really had time to get much done. I'll be resuming this within a few days.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Actually, another project has been consuming my time, so I haven't really had time to get much done. I'll be resuming this within a few days.
    Would that have anything to do with the snow falling.. hummmmm
    We are the blood,
    We are the madness,
    WE ARE XORIAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydlic
    Would that have anything to do with the snow falling.. hummmmm
    Actually, not in the least. A mixture of work, life, and long untouched projects have been filling my time for now. My work at the local community colleges gets heavy when the end of the semesters take place, which makes it a bit hard to play DDO (being I'm at the campus).

Also, the rate I was going through this diary was leading me towards a bit of burnout (especially being I started it about a month before I planned to), but I didn't expect the break to be forced as much as it has been. I apologize for the fairly abrupt delay in getting the ending of this diary done due to that.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Actually, not in the least. A mixture of work, life, and long untouched projects have been filling my time for now. My work at the local community colleges gets heavy when the end of the semesters take place, which makes it a bit hard to play DDO (being I'm at the campus).

Also, the rate I was going through this diary was leading me towards a bit of burnout (especially being I started it about a month before I planned to), but I didn't expect the break to be forced as much as it has been. I apologize for the fairly abrupt delay in getting the ending of this diary done due to that.
    NO need to apologies. This is a game and you were doing it to have FUN! If your not having fun, step back and have some.

I hope everything settles down for ya and you can rest. Good luck on all of that.
    We are the blood,
    We are the madness,
    WE ARE XORIAT.

... and getting back into the swing of things.

All the missing videos have been added (for levels 1-15) and the Vale of Twilight quests have been done. I do realize the fight with the White Dragon in Gianthold Tor has no sound, but that was because I stripped it (I had a DVD movie playing and midway through the fight I realized the movie was running, thus the sound of the movie was in the video).
    Server - Thelanis

... and getting back into the swing of things.

All the missing videos have been added (for levels 1-15) and the Vale of Twilight quests have been done. I do realize the fight with the White Dragon in Gianthold Tor has no sound, but that was because I stripped it (I had a DVD movie playing and midway through the fight I realized the movie was running, thus the sound of the movie was in the video).
    Oh yeah. What sort of 'movie' was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis
    Oh yeah. What sort of 'movie' was it?
    Serenity.
    Server - Thelanis

I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight… If he bothers me, or if there's a woman… Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

WikiGnome

I'm not sure if this has been brought up up, but have you thought making an XP/time average for each of the chain quest (STK, TR, Catacombs, etc.) on top of the XP/time calculations for each of the individual quests?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up up, but have you thought making an XP/time average for each of the chain quest (STK, TR, Catacombs, etc.) on top of the XP/time calculations for each of the individual quests?
    The tool I use that does my EXP calculations (because given the amount of typos on the EXP calculations in my previous reincarnate diary, I can't be trusted) doesn't support quest chains and story arcs yet, so the laziness in me says no (for now).
    Server - Thelanis

I do not envy anyone who takes Sor'jek Incanni down on a melee type, for it can be an exhausting fight. It took me about 38 minutes, but I got it done.

The Sovereign Rune was Air Guard (bah). Oh well, at least the EXP per minute was still better than Hold for Reinforcements.
    Server - Thelanis

Excerpts from Level 17

Author's Notes

Yep, I had a break. A much needed break.

I forgot how much of a pain Rainbow in the Dark is as a monk. You are constantly torn between having light or being able to attack and retain your mobility (being equipping the non-ki scepter will uncenter you, causing you to slowly lose ki, be unable to abundant step, lose your monk run speed bonus, etc.). There are also times I wish that Fire Shield could be used as a light source. Oh well, DDO graphic engine performance considerations and all that from dynamic lighting.

I did have a lot of fun doing Running with the Devils in a stealth style as opposed to beating everything down. It is one of those quests where doing it via skulking can sometimes be on par with the time it takes to mow down the eladrin, especially on higher difficulties. I did have to fish out some Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane handwraps though to take down Taeron Rimond as the first time I went in with +5 Handwraps of Bleeding it just wasn't enough damage as a Light-based monk.

I also did The Shroud on Hard with the guild Bane. I will warn folks ahead of time that some of the things spoken over voice-chat during the recording may not be PG-13 material.

Leveling Information
    Gained Way of the Clever Monkey IV midway through level 16.
    Raised the skills Concentration (1), Hide (1), Spot (1), Move Silently (1), and Balance(1)

Quest Completions (36) Approximate time spent in quests - 9:40:25
    Desecrated Temple of Vol - H
    Flesh Maker's Laboratory - H/E
    Ghosts of Perdition - H
    Inferno of the Damned - H
    Let Sleeping Dust Lie - N
    Litany of the Dead - H
    Rainbow in the Dark - N x10/E
    Ritual Sacrifice - N/E
    Running With the Devils - N x10/E
    The Coalescence Chamber - N/E
    The Prison of the Planes - H
    The Reaver's Fate - E
    The Shroud - H

Bank Transactions
    Obtained +3 Thundering [Frost] Handwraps of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

Obtained Items Used Later
    +2 Thundering Handwraps of Greater Construct Bane

Cash Transactions
    Net Gain of 1106332 gold.
    Gained 23800 from gems.
    Spent -16325 in repairs.
    Gained 55250 from Auction House sales (+1 CON Tome).
    Spent -205896 for 264 Potions of Repair Serious Damage.

Deaths (1)
    The Shroud (Hard) - Portal of the Lost Moon
    Server - Thelanis

Deaths (1)
    The Shroud (Hard) - Portal of the Lost Moon
    the portal killed you?

lol. Nasty CR0 portals!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    the portal killed you?

lol. Nasty CR0 portals!
    That would be the portal to part 5

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    the portal killed you?

lol. Nasty CR0 portals!
    A death is a death, even if it is from everyone's favorite portal.

Side note: that portal isn't a monster and thus has no CR, so I was killed by something that has no CR!
    Server - Thelanis

killed by something
    Hmm... Sounds oddly familiar...
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

interesting read

Being this is getting close to the end (17 more quests/700,000 EXP to go) I put the current standing of the top 10 and bottom 10 quests. I'm actually not surprised that Monastery of the Scorpion took the top spot on this character and I'm no where near surprised that Hold for Reinforcements is the worst again.
    Server - Thelanis

A death is a death, even if it is from everyone's favorite portal.

Side note: that portal isn't a monster and thus has no CR, so I was killed by something that has no CR!
    heh just seems odd to record it. Since this particular death is expected, and is a special case one in that it doesn't impose some of the normal penalties such as equipment damage.

Tho I guess you could theoretically avoid it by either not zoning into phase 4, or having a cleric hit you with their capstone.. Tho that prvents you from aiding your allies on the other side.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast