Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Didn't revieve my free 500 VIP points

Hi

I didnt recieve my 500 DDO points and Turbine have taken the 2nd month's sub.

Many people in my guild (new guild from EU) haven't recieved the 500 VIP points either. I have searched to find direct contact, i have asked in game via a ticket and apart from the standard waffle, I still havent recieved my 500 points.

If I pay fro a service I expect to recieve it, I dont expect to have to chase for my service nor do I expect the service provider to basiacally steal from me without providing that service.

Turbien please fix or mail me

You can contact Account Support using the link in my signature to inquire about your points, but please bear in mind that it can take up to 72 hours (usually less) for you to receive your points after payment has been processed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    You can contact Account Support using the link in my signature to inquire about your points, but please bear in mind that it can take up to 72 hours (usually less) for you to receive your points after payment has been processed.
    please let me knwo if you can get into http://www.ddo.com/support (as i can't)

I have sent a mail to support@

But Tarrant, why has Turbine taken my 2nd month sub and not given me my 500 points, surely i should recieve my points before the renewal, because otherwise your not giving me it monthly.

1 month has passed, my renewal has been taken from my account (yesterday) so to me this is Turbine stealing my money without providing the service.

OFC I will get the 500 points (and hopefully my guildies resolve there probs as well), but at some point isnt good enough. Why should I have to create an issue to get a resolve, Turbine should have the process in place for me

Community Member

and since we are on the subject (so i can inform my guildies)

officially, at which point/day from my sub starting (or ending) should I recieve the 500 points as per my contract)?

Quote Originally Posted by Seftonblake View Post
    please let me knwo if you can get into http://www.ddo.com/support (as i can't)
    I can access that website, and have verified that people outside the building can as well. What error message are you receiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Seftonblake
    But Tarrant, why has Turbine taken my 2nd month sub and not given me my 500 points, surely i should recieve my points before the renewal, because otherwise your not giving me it monthly.
    As I said, points can take up to 72 hours after payment has been processed to be show up on your account. I can't answer why you haven't received yours if it has been longer than that, but the Account Support team will be happy to sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seftonblake
    OFC I will get the 500 points (and hopefully my guildies resolve there probs as well), but at some point isnt good enough. Why should I have to create an issue to get a resolve, Turbine should have the process in place for me
    The process is in place, and the vast majority of subscribers do not encounter any issues with their subscription. Unfortunately no system is flawless and there are still some players that may have problems.

and since we are on the subject (so i can inform my guildies)

officially, at which point/day from my sub starting (or ending) should I recieve the 500 points as per my contract)?
    You should receive your points within 72 hours of your payment being processed.

VIPs not receiving their monthly allotment of points has been problematic since DDO:EU was released. In many cases (I dare not guess an evaluative word or a percent), you will only get your points if you ask for them.

See sig.

Community Member

it seems that places that are not on their official areas of support are having issues with the points. i also have a problem with it and it was resolved in 2 days. the first day was a verification reply which i did not bother reading till DDO office time was over and practically my error.

friends i know on official areas are not having any problems with the points.

the game is still expanding so give them a few times to iron out stuffs. the only thing i hate with the service is the absence of a messenger service for live queries.

Community Member

Well thanks for reply Tarrant, even tho this didnt resolve me getting my points.

I have now cancelled my sub to prevent Turbine stealing from me again.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Sorry Tarrant but the Game Support link is dead. I have tried it from 3 different computers with 3 different IPs.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Member Bladecutter563's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    Sorry Tarrant but the Game Support link is dead. I have tried it from 3 different computers with 3 different IPs.
    Worked fine for me...

Well thanks for reply Tarrant, even tho this didnt resolve me getting my points.

I am likely wrong, but you seem to assuming that your VIP subscription gets you only those Turbine Points. Your subscription allows you to access all of the content, extra races and extra classes. Turbine gives you those Turbine Points as a bonus for becoming a VIP. It's their way of giving you a little 'thank you'.

This being said, how are they 'stealing from you' when you have all that access and your points are a bit late? Practice a little patience, while Turbine deals with the thousands of issues they get each week.

Btw, did you use the correct link in Tarrant's signature? Try this one:
    http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/account-support
    On Argo I play: Allandra Lvl 17 Rogue, and a few others.
    Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I don't actually know what is going on, but it is a lot of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselKing View Post
    This is actually Argonnessen's motto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristalla View Post
    I agree, this gif is very...ALL HAIL HYPNOBABY!! /blank stare

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna68 View Post
    no I am referring to the one at the top, where it says "Game Support".

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bladecutter563 View Post
    Worked fine for me...
    not the one in his sig, the one that is see on every page of the forum "Game Support.

Community Member

I am likely wrong, but you seem to assuming that your VIP subscription gets you only those Turbine Points. Your subscription allows you to access all of the content, extra races and extra classes. Turbine gives you those Turbine Points as a bonus for becoming a VIP. It's their way of giving you a little 'thank you'.
    No My sub (and VIP access) will run to April 17th (as thats what i have paid up to.

This being said, how are they 'stealing from you' when you have all that access and your points are a bit late? Practice a little patience, while Turbine deals with the thousands of issues they get each week.
    If i pay for a service and that service say's i will recieve something and it doesnt, to me, thats theft (a bit extreme, but still theft none the less)

No, i used the one given to me by mail and via a in-game GM. I have since sent another mail and I await the reply

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Unfortunately no system is flawless and there are still some players that may have problems.
    That's why we need a simple summary of all incoming / outgoing points on our account. Right now it's very difficult to figure out if we have the correct amount of points

So hold on let me get this straight..

Your subscription renewed yesterday - that's 17th March. Here's your quote in case you forgot what you said:

1 month has passed, my renewal has been taken from my account (yesterday) so to me this is Turbine stealing my money without providing the service.
    Tarrant has said it takes 72hrs for the points to be credited to your account after the subscription renewal date:

please bear in mind that it can take up to 72 hours (usually less) for you to receive your points after payment has been processed.
    And yet you're still canceling your account:

Sounds like you had already made up your mind before posting here. I'm amazed Turbine even bothers replying to posts like this. Sigh.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    So hold on let me get this straight..

Your subscription renewed yesterday - that's 17th March. Here's your quote in case you forgot what you said:

you're assuming he did 1 month, and this was not a 6 month subscription to begin with; which means each "monthly renewal" is suppose to net 500 points on the renewal date.

Garth
    remember more than one option in subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    remember more than one option in subscriptions.
    Regardless of the subscription plan, the subscription renews on a certain day of the month e.g. my six month subscription renewed on Feb 14th and next renewal date is Aug 14th. So for me the day is the 14th. It then takes up to 72hours (that's three days, by the way) so if I haven't received my 500pts by 17th then I'd be raising a ticket with Turbine.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

I had trouble getting my points for the first 2 or 3 months after Unlimited released, and at first it was very difficult to get any sort of quality Customer Service. That has definitely changed since the (re)release and I do get my 500 points like clockwork now.

That said, I mention every single time that we need to have some sort of balance/accounting sheet and they politely say that they will "pass that along because it's a good idea". Yet, we all know it's not going to happen for some sort of whacky corporate dis-logic.

Bleh.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Default Creme Brulee for All!

I'm always amazed at how upset people get over these types of scenarios.

Patience is virtue that is virtually unknown in this day and age.

And when did a glitch/mistake/error/bug in the system become "theft".

What you are describing is like ordering dinner, and with dinner comes a bonus desert! but oh no! They forgot to cook the creme brulee so you'll have to wait 15-30 mins for the cook to get it ready.

Of course the immediate response is to run out of the restaurant screaming that you have been robbed. Perhaps call the police, maybe even get lawyer.

But in the end, all you have done is:

a) Made yourself look silly
    b) Wasted a lot of other peoples time
    and worst of all
    c) You never got your Creme Brulee.

And it was a good one to. Thick warm caramel layer and an ice cooled custard. Mmmm. But you'll never taste it.

Wait I mean DDO points. No Wait. I def meant Creme Brulee. Mmmm, Turbine, instead of 500 DDO points this month, could you send my Character a Creme Brulee via in game mail, or perhaps drop it fresh from the kitchen into my inventory?

I won't even get upset if you actually call my bluff and do it. In fact, I would be absolutely amazed. I'll even share it with my guildies if you give me enough portions!
    Last edited by Tovenar; 03-18-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Sentence structure - Proper English.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast