Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. Wiz-King...just love it...great XP and a LOT of fun.

2. Running with the Devils...you get to kill elves and Eladrin.

3. Jeet's Mind...you save Jeet's with bacon...proves how great bacon is!

4. DQ Raid...great loot and she's just fun. Love watching a melee think they can go toe-to-toe with her.

5. Delera's Chain...I love it all...and has nice end rewards for lowbies. I also like how they are BtA now (cept VoM).

These are my favs. Though Mindsunder is up there. It is raid-worthy loot, on a quest without a raid timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmnax View Post
    The bat song is trully epic. I could care less about the bats, im just there for the music.
    Whenever I hear the music the first 30 seconds I believe its flash dance. Flash Dance Bats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5R3C5bzs

On Topic:
    Delirium - Because a mysteriously invested tavern feels so D&D style - only the classical tavern cellar missing .. oh no, actually it is there!
    Tempest Spine - Because it is very diversified
    Shroud - Also done a good job here on 5 tiers, diversity, has just an "epic feeling" (this has nothing to do with epic difficult setting)
    Finding the Path - Same, altough the quest is a simple defender it got very nice music, and is an enjoyable 10-15 minutes.
    Xorian Cipher - Mostly interesting design.
    Stop Hazadill's Shipment - Because a quest that consits of destroying crates without mobs is so a great kick in the face for all that cookiecutter MMO "Kill 1000 of this", "kill 500 of that"

Cursed Crypt
    Gwylans Stand
    Stormcleave
    Tear of Dakkahn (sp)
    A New Invasion (if I'm soloing with my cleric )
    Monastery of the Scorpion

Theres 6. In no particular order. (Although I do love soloing Cursed Crypt!!)

I like Ire Stone Inlet. Blowing up a ship. Tons of loot. Open map. What is not to like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmnax View Post
    The bat song is trully epic. I could care less about the bats, im just there for the music.
    For some reason, every time I hear that music, it reminds of "Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness."

I thought I was in the majority when saying favorite quest is Tear of Dhakaan... I love that one!!

The Pit is also fun

My top 20, generally in order:

1. The Crucible. This is one of the best designed quests I've played in any game. The architecture and mix of combat, puzzles, and twitch is unsurpassed. Yes, it's rogue heaven and that's probably why I like it so much but the design is amazing. I love how you navigate the maze once and then fight on top of it later. I love how you fight above the water and then later swim below where you fought.

2. Prove Your Worth. I love the pirate theme and the entire TBC area. This quest is, sadly, underplayed. It's got my favorite puzzle in the game and I am a big fan of puzzles. Again, this quest has a good mix of combat, puzzles, twitch, and theme.

3. Rainbow in the Dark. The quest itself is pretty straight forward. Get a key, open a door, get another key, open a door, kill boss. But the darkness and the requirement to huddle around the torch bearer makes this quest completely unique. Running it with new players just adds to the fun as they fall in every pit. "Someone bring the #*$@*$$* light back here!" This is also one of the few quests where I'll use just about every weapon in my pack. I think the only weapons I don't use are my GUBs.

4. Monastery of the Scorpion. This quest was much higher before the anti-rogue nerf but it's still a lot of fun. It's got some great intense combat, good puzzles, random traps, great 3D play in the steam vents and lots of chests. It's another quest with lots for rogues to do other than kill things so it's on my list.

5. The Shroud. 180ish completions and I'm still not bored with it. That says a lot for the fun factor!

6. Tear of Dakaan. This is the ultimate dungeon zerg. It's a 10 minute sprint with weapons flailing and there are no points for style. Gogogo. If you need a shrine, you are moving too slowly and the doors are locked anyway.

7. Hound of Xoriat. I think the approach is a bit repetitive or it would rank higher. The quest itself is a blast and very unique. It's one of the few raids that isn't 100% automatic even with a full group of TR'd 20s.

8. Titan Raid. I love every bit of this raid, from the pre-raid to the raid itself. The green side puzzle is one of the better puzzles in the game and the other sections are all very unique. I love the yellow-side jumping, the underwater red-side maze, and, of course, dropping pillars on the titan is always fun.

9. Come Out and Slay. This new, short quest is loads of fun because it reminds me of the great alley fights in my favorite RPG of all times, Baldur's Gate II. DDO needs more city fighting in instances.

10. The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias. This is one of the best thematic quests in the game. The storyline and atmosphere are both a great salute to Pirates of the Caribbean and the underwater sections are unique. Again, this is sadly an underplayed quest but it's worth a trip to TBC if you like themed quests.

11. Prey on the Hunter. Unique idea and a great looking quest. I still laugh when I see LFMs up that say "Prey on the Hunter. normal. NO ZERGING." Uh...ok, good luck with that! I love the feeling of anxiety you get if you struggle to get through the maze because you know...the dragon...is dying...

12. Bastion of Power. I love the evil castle theme and fighting on the ramparts above the main courtyards. This is one of those quests where Assassin III is just plain unfair because the mobs have so many hit points that most people have to decide between DPS and Vorpal...except assassins. We get both. The end fight, however, prevents this quest from being higher on my list.

13. Cabal for One. This is basically Tear of Dakaan for level 12s. Keep up.

14. Bring Me the Head of Ghola Fan!. Again, this is a pretty straightforward quest. Find two crests to open a door. Find two more to open another door. Kill boss. But the quest is beautiful inside and the areas are pretty neat. I like the prison fight and the sauna as alternatives to yet another big room full of random monsters.

15. Running with the Devils. The idea behind this quest is a bit better than the implementation but it's still fun. If you're a new player, don't forget to look in the mirror at the start to get an idea of why these good-aligned eladrin are attacking you! The mobs are unique and this quest is extremely challenging to new players without the right weaponry.

16. VoN1-3. Fun themes, good combat, and some unique story lines. VoN3 is my favorite Epic quest so far.

17. The Pit. This is probably the most immersive quest in the game. They do a great job of making you FEEL like you're in the heart of the sewage system. It's long, challenging, and great XP! I'm sorry I missed it on my TR.

18. Abbot. A challenging, puzzle filled raid that's never a guaranteed completion until the Abbot finally drops. I love how you use items to solve puzzles and then later use them to help in the end fight. Too cool. It's also interesting that this is a raid with one monster (basically) and zero melee damage.

18. Prison of the Planes. Great idea and excellent design with some challenging fights.

20. Wiz King. This is one of the few undead quests on my list because I hate undead...and mephits...and air elementals... It took me ages to figure out the right path through there but now that I know it, it's an easy solo on my sorc.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Community Member

At low levels I love Bonebite's. Only quest I know that I can run in under 2 minutes and get around 1500-2000exp.

Redfang-Every time I run it I think of old school first edition D&D for some reason. It has the monsters, the interesting puzzle, the vertical challenge and the traps.

Tenaments-Even though I hate the sharn quests I do like this one, can't explain why.

Mid-High-Abbott- great puzzle.

Von series-Got my first ever nice weapon from this run, so its kinda special.
    Last edited by cyadra; 04-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Eye of the Titan!

That is, until my luck runs out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

My rogue would say Gwylan's (lolz @ all the dead zergers), but I have to say for complete dynamics, VoN 5 is my favorite dungeon. Work as a team, or go no further!! ;P For open hunt areas, I say Orchard and the Vale. Good diversity in the mob sets, great slayer/rare opps. Great thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

Rainbow in the Dark.

Make sure you run that as your first ever Vale quest - a whole lot of 'newness' when you do it the first time, and a whole new feel to questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spisey View Post
    Eye of the Titan!

That is, until my luck runs out...
    Lol, you're the second most disgusting person on argo
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Von 3
    Xorian Cipher
    Invaders

Challinging quests: wiped the first time I was their. But then I got better and finishing the quest was more rewarding.

Shroud - nice quest with several different objectives.

Ghallanda: Kruppe f13 - Pryas c16/f1 - Gimso f16/p4/e1 - Zarnax ra16/ro1 - Jeraldim a6 - Angerer s18/p2/e1
    Thelanis: Zarna ra18/ro1/f1/e8 - Jeraldim w16/ro2/f2/e1 - Roboco second life

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Misery`s peak

i am just kinda nostalgic for it. the three dimensions was new for me. i felt like i had accomplished something doing it. i sill like it. (I am also fond of the tutorial quest) `Ill watch your behind`

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Ireally liek the flavour of some quests....

They arent my favorite but i like them, like the feel of the world...

STK. i really liked the scale of that on my first trip into that world. jumping down mushrooms...

The vale wilderness area.

The first trip to eveningstar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123